Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
May 12, 2008 3:15 PM

Apr 2008
This seems like a really bad rip off of Naruto.

Does it get better & go anywhere? or does it just continue to just rip off Naruto badly?
May 12, 2008 4:33 PM

Mar 2008
I haven't seen Naruto, so I couldn't tell you. I personally don't like Naturo, but don't mind this anime....so, there must be some key element that is different ;). It could also be possible because I never gave Naturo a chance either heh.
May 12, 2008 6:07 PM

Aug 2007
Well yes it will continue to "rip off" Naruto, because there will be fights between ninja's using ninja techniques.
Despite i admit the lackings this serie has so far, if you only see a naruto rip off, this will not get better for you.
May 12, 2008 6:31 PM

May 2007
I haven't seen Naruto either, but from the bigger perspective, it's....

Naruto: Main character aims to be "the best" (Hokage) or something along the lines. Naruto is hard headed, passionate about his goal.
Nabari: Everyone aims for the main character's hijutsu (Shinrabanshou). Miharu acts indifferent, accepts that even his comrades are after his power.
May 12, 2008 7:46 PM

Nov 2007
I've been hearing people say "it's the better Naruto." xP
May 12, 2008 11:31 PM

Apr 2008
Nah it's more the little things in this series that make it seem like it had the basic idea, then just pulled everything from Naruto & said here's your anime! :D

I mean I cba with it if it's just gonna feel like a cheap knock off all the way through.
May 12, 2008 11:32 PM

Nov 2006
yes, because it's about ninjas, it is a rip-off of naruto. excellent logic.
May 12, 2008 11:50 PM

Nov 2007
There's all the similar harems, similar 'shinigami' ideas, etc; Nabari and Naruto aren't even all that close even with the similar 'ninja' idea.
May 12, 2008 11:51 PM

Apr 2008
First you have a main character, a young boy with something inside him granting him seemingly limitless power.
Then you have a four main cell, one of which is a rather un-lady like lady, one uses a wind shuriken & the other is their teacher.
Thirdly you have the village of the mist & the mist techniques.
Fourth, they break seals by doing the same thing as they do in Naruto
etc etc etc
May 13, 2008 12:08 AM

Jul 2007
I watched the first two episodes and didnt pay much attention to the second...i dunno just doesnt grab my attention much. so far the characters seem rather bland to me.

May 13, 2008 12:12 AM

Apr 2008
I also got tired of characters saying ninjutsu is rubbish. Maybe so but it makes something interesting to watch rather than all the characters just kicking & using ninja weapons.
May 13, 2008 12:26 AM

May 2007
I do watched a few Naruto episodes when I encounter it on TV. IMO, it's really corny and draggy. In Nabari no Ou, people don't give long lectures in the middle of the fight before they wanna kill their opponents. Maybe I'm over-generalizing here, but for the record, I'm not comfortable with someone calling it "a really bad rip off of Naruto". They're also a rip-off too from a certain series.

Exhibit 1:
May 13, 2008 12:27 AM

Apr 2007
WHOA, LOOK AT THAT. COWBOY BEBOP RIPPED OFF NARUTO
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 13, 2008 12:28 AM

Apr 2008
But the similarities were so striking & so rubbish I see no reason why not to call it a poor Rip off of Naruto
May 13, 2008 12:43 AM

May 2007
...........okay? I guess you still don't have a lot in your list. Wait until you completed about 50 different TV series and see hundreds of clichés, similar terminologies and concept used in completely different anime.
May 13, 2008 6:26 AM

Jan 2008
Neverender said:
WHOA, LOOK AT THAT. COWBOY BEBOP RIPPED OFF NARUTO

Other way around my friend~ I think you knew that though =P
That is amazing~
May 13, 2008 11:43 AM

May 2008
No wonder why I hate naruto :p

its almost as bad as pokemon and digimon ;p

-------------------
nyhusern.net
May 13, 2008 12:02 PM

Dec 2007
Naruto obviously invented the concept of the ninja. Durr. How dare anyone try to compare to such a masterpiece.

May 13, 2008 4:31 PM

Jan 2008
People need to stop being sarcastic. The people you're dealing with are not picking up on the sarcasm and truly believing you agree with them XD.

Seriously though, if you can't appreciate the fact that Nabari deals with darker themes than Naruto, then just stop watching. Never try to compare anything again. You only watched to episode 3, so you won't have seen this, but in Naruto, the good guys are the good guys, PERIOD.

In Nabari, you'll see that though Fuuma-dono is seemingly allied with Miharu and crew, he has no problems with his men dying as long as his goals are accomplished. I don't believe Tsunade or uhh...forgot the previous Hokage's name (I believe it was Sarutobi) ever showed apathy when a ninja from Konoha died or was hurt.

And, a point that's already been brought up, Miharu is not running around going "OMGOSH, I'MMA BE THE BEST NINJA EV4R NAO." In fact, he couldn't give less of a damn. Your archetypes of the 4-man group fall apart in that respect. Also, Thobari has pledged his life to Miharu, not the other two children. In Naruto, Kakashi began as the mentor for Naruto, Sasuke, and Sakura. The team dynamic is entirely different. In Naruto, two members of the team want nothing to do with the main character, while it's just the teacher's job to be with the group. In Nabari, the main character is protected by the other three, and they actually care for him as more than just their mission. Thobari and Raimei have given such indications, in any case.

I think I'm done @_@;.
PanaruMay 13, 2008 7:09 PM
Jun 14, 2008 3:47 PM
Jul 2007
I do watched a few Naruto episodes when I encounter it on TV. IMO, it's really corny and draggy. In Nabari no Ou, people don't give long lectures in the middle of the fight before they wanna kill their opponents. Maybe I'm over-generalizing here, but for the record, I'm not comfortable with someone calling it "a really bad rip off of Naruto". They're also a rip-off too from a certain series.
"PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPp
PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPpp
Jun 29, 2008 7:02 AM

Jan 2008
I do watch Naruto and I enjoy it at times when the quality and pace is ok. I do see similaritys, of course, as it is about ninjas fighting ninjas but ripoff, just kinda. It's not that much a ripoff of Naruto though, the cliches are way more general than that and the characters are just, for lack of a better term, "meh".

Oh, we need to add some depth to this leader type guy (the teacher, can't be bothered to remember crappy characters, lets give him some weakness for instacne...

I can watch a so so show if it's funny/interesting/cool or something, this does not correspond with any of the above stated criteria IMO...
Jul 5, 2008 2:48 AM
Jul 2008
In regards to the op nabari is more like what a ninja anime should be. The main chara should not wear neon orange. When I think about naruto thoughts about dbz come to mind something no ninja anime should do

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 20 Discussion

aly_angelflight - Sep 9, 2008

16 by Rahul_101 »»
Apr 16, 9:46 AM

» Help: Nabari no Ou filler episodes?

JoNuttanon1994 - Feb 8

1 by Yuliyshii »»
Feb 9, 3:53 AM

» Does it get better?

rozwielidka - Mar 15, 2023

10 by Daiyamondo »»
Mar 24, 2023 7:34 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 25 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

18 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 9:50 AM

Poll: » Nabari no Ou Episode 23 Discussion

Kiseki - Sep 24, 2008

19 by Roch2001 »»
Dec 2, 2022 8:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.