Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 13, 2010 1:26 AM

Dec 2009
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

good chapter. glad kouta's back to normal after what happened.
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the file size limits. Please refer to Section IV of the General Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2010 1:29 AM

Jul 2009
Hmmm, Senpai really enjoyed killing err chopping the zombie did she? her expression when she said "sounds like it'll be a blast" is so delicious..yumm

Next issue in September..wherw
Jul 13, 2010 1:30 AM

Feb 2010
Chino beat me to the post D: Oh well......I love this manga!!!:D
Jul 13, 2010 1:42 AM

Apr 2009
Ever since they announced the anime, it's like the quality of the story has been dropping rapidly... It's just not as good as I remember. Also, next chapter in September? That's quite a while to wait, hopefully it'll be a lot longer that time around.
Jul 13, 2010 1:47 AM
Feb 2010
That was one Kickass chapter...

BTW, Saeko's face when she was about to slice the zombies was HAWT :D

[Damn, Next chap in september.....hopefully it'll be another 70 page chapter >_>]

KoisolaJul 13, 2010 1:54 AM
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

Sep 2007
You thought Asami had a chance of living in the first place? The author was kinda heavily pushing HiranoxSaya in the earlier chapters, so she kind of felt like a disposable character.

ReaperEXE said:
Ever since they announced the anime, it's like the quality of the story has been dropping rapidly... It's just not as good as I remember. Also, next chapter in September? That's quite a while to wait, hopefully it'll be a lot longer that time around.

Yeah, it did lose quite a bit of it's charm, but it still has ample amounts of zombie gore, so it's fine with me...Also, having the next issue in September is like a birthday gift for me, so I have minimal complaints.

Sep 2007
was a good chapter.
Not the best anyways. ^^'
Jul 13, 2010 2:35 AM

May 2010
Good chapter.

I liked Saeko's expression. Everyone was like "OMG who's that chick !?". :D

Good going for Shizuka, didn't recognize her for a second at the end of the chapter. I have a newfound respect for her.

"chinoman" said:
glad kouta's back to normal after what happened.

I have to disagree with you here. The usual Kouta is cool but I hope he stays scarred after this experience. A little character development wouldn't hurt him IMO.

Jul 13, 2010 2:39 AM

May 2008
If Hirano dies I'll be seriously sad.
Jul 13, 2010 2:54 AM

Nov 2008
Lol finished watching the 2nd episode of the anime then reread the manga series when I noticed hello chapter 26 is out, Perfect timing xD

Shame Officer Asami was shot by Hirano T.T
can't wait till they actually meet their parents, been wandering whats going on with them for a while now.
September next chapter T.T
Jul 13, 2010 3:00 AM

Jan 2010
Hirano's state is totally understandable, what he did was the best way out for Asami (R.I.P) but he's gonna have to live with the knowledge that he killed her.

Miss Shizuka finally does something useful (can't really remember the last time she helped the group with anything important), so I like her character better now.

Not sure why, but even though I find the anime decent I still prefer reading the manga instead.

Long wait between each chapter...
Jul 13, 2010 3:23 AM

Jun 2007
So a third assisted death has occurred, not surprising. Sensei figured out how to give Hirano the will to continue since Saya is a tsundere...

They should have stopped Asami from saving that useless twit and they would have had another somewhat able-bodied combatant. Then again, did anyone want the difficulty and hardships that the group faces to be any easier?

Where's a knivery store when you need one...lol

Losing Hirano at this stage will doom the entire group at this current juncture as Takashi said since fighting the hordes of 'them' requires every combat-ready personnel to fight them off when necessary. Wonder if they'll meet up with Shizuka's friend...

The rest of the group are starting to see the other side of the resident samurai girl... :)

The chances of any of the character's parents still being alive was greatly reduced by the HASE electronic meltdown.

P.S.: Rei is still annoying... :I
Sore wa himitsu desu.
Jul 13, 2010 4:37 AM

Feb 2009
Too bad the police girl died... But I like the way Takashi thinks, if they push through with Hirano's condition there, they might all die. Hirano snapping out of it was kinda fast though but oh well, on with the story. Next issue being in September leaves me in despair. There's the anime though to pass the time ^_^
Jul 13, 2010 6:26 AM
Jun 2010
So does Takagi even like Hirano? Even though she blushed at the end of the chapter, she didn't do anything to snap Hirano out of it like kissing him and stuff. Also in chapter 1 she picked Hirano because Takashi wasn't there and she knew he was a gun otaku. Even though she did blush saying what do you mean!?! when her father told Hirano to take care of her. I'm confused!!!!!!
Jul 13, 2010 6:28 AM
Jun 2010
I also wanted to add to what I said, NOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY SEPTEMBER 9!!!!!!!!!
Jul 13, 2010 6:39 AM

Mar 2009
Well.. they had to visit this sometime.. at least Hirano's mental state is out of the way now.
Jul 13, 2010 6:41 AM

Jul 2009
Raigeki1993 said:
So does Takagi even like Hirano? Even though she blushed at the end of the chapter, she didn't do anything to snap Hirano out of it like kissing him and stuff. Also in chapter 1 she picked Hirano because Takashi wasn't there and she knew he was a gun otaku. Even though she did blush saying what do you mean!?! when her father told Hirano to take care of her. I'm confused!!!!!!
Tsundere is a tsundere
Jul 13, 2010 6:44 AM

Sep 2008
All I wanna say is I wish I was Zeke....Shizuka-sensei shone in this chapter....even when Takashi said he needed her, her reply was gold!

As mentioned, Rei is still a bitch and Takashi should definitely be with Saeko...

...and just when I thought there'd be a surprise cliff hanger with Asami(hoping she'd actually live through it), they went and killed her off even though she really didn't have to go save those ppl since that bloke she followed was good enough as is....oh well, i guess Saya-chan gets another go fatboy
Jul 13, 2010 6:46 AM
May 2010
Im just happy to see this manga back in production!!!XD
Jul 13, 2010 8:03 AM

Feb 2008
Chapter 26 of HotD came out... 34 pages that came out pretty good. But only 34?! I mean were all glad that the chapter came out, I assume. However for a short term hiatus you'd think he'd come up with more than 30 pages. But as I said, chapter came out and I'm happy that it turned out good. Now on to the story~ Zeke got some so good for him, a normal little pup would probably die from that. It seems that Asami is dead aswell... Meh it's a good way to go out I guess. I wouldn't want to turn into one of "them". If I were ever bitten I would want to die a human thank you~
Jul 13, 2010 8:06 AM
Jun 2010
Laevantein said:
Raigeki1993 said:
Tsundere is a tsundere

Doesn't really answer my question... Some tsundere likes people, some tsundere just plan hates them.
Jul 13, 2010 8:31 AM
Jul 2018
Ouch looks like asame recived a head shot.

Zeke the pup must be one of the luckyer characters in this XD
Jul 13, 2010 8:33 AM

Feb 2008
Raigeki1993 said:
Laevantein said:
Raigeki1993 said:
Tsundere is a tsundere

Doesn't really answer my question... Some tsundere likes people, some tsundere just plan hates them.

All the tsundere's I've know of usually like the main guy (or something like that).

Tsundere = 90% Bitchy - 10 % Cute~
Jul 13, 2010 9:05 AM
Jun 2010
-Nefarious- said:
Raigeki1993 said:
Laevantein said:
Raigeki1993 said:
Tsundere is a tsundere

All the tsundere's I've know of usually like the main guy (or something like that).

Tsundere = 90% Bitchy - 10 % Cute~

Still doesn't answer my question, does she like Hirano or Takashi? because she keeps telling Saeke and Rei how they both like Takashi but never herself?
Jul 13, 2010 9:55 AM

May 2010
@Raigeki : In my opinion, Saya used to like Takashi but has started to get closer and closer to Hirano ever since the zombie outbreak.

So yeah, all that blushing and jealousy tend to point towards her liking Hirano. As to why she didn't do anything to help Hirano out, I suppose it's because she's a tsundere. The poor girl has to struggle in order to be honest with her feelings. So, before she could overcome her bitchiness, Shizuka rocked and slapped Hirano.

Jul 13, 2010 10:00 AM
Jun 2010
0zymandias said:
@Raigeki : In my opinion, Saya used to like Takashi but has started to get closer and closer to Hirano ever since the zombie outbreak.

So yeah, all that blushing and jealousy tend to point towards her liking Hirano. As to why she didn't do anything to help Hirano out, I suppose it's because she's a tsundere. The poor girl has to struggle in order to be honest with her feelings. So, before she could overcome her bitchiness, Shizuka rocked and slapped Hirano.

So... she would tsundere and let him die?
Jul 13, 2010 12:58 PM

Aug 2009
did anyone see the dog stuck between her boobs? lol It was funny when the dog flew out. Next chapter is in September, thats too long.
Jul 13, 2010 1:19 PM

Oct 2008
God...the nurse is just...ugh. I don't know whether to love or hate her. Good chapter, though.
Jul 13, 2010 1:33 PM

Aug 2009
It was pretty short so it didnt have the length to put in much material so it was just ok. and zeke in the boobs was funny strange(if u know wat i mean) and how the sensei snapped kohta out of it was also really weird XD but so is kohta. i also loled shizuka sensei's expression wen takashi said he needed her. Im super happy they are working on the manga again i would rather read the manga than watch the anime
Jul 13, 2010 1:52 PM

Dec 2009
obliviouz said:
All I wanna say is I wish I was Zeke

same here buddy :D
Signature has been deleted because it exceeded the file size limits. Please refer to Section IV of the General Forum Guidelines.
Jul 13, 2010 2:18 PM

Jun 2009
After 3 months we only get 34 Pages. Nice chapter though.

Kohta's still my fav. I guess its easy to rip clothes if they're not 'branded'. Zeke sure is one lucky dog. And lol @ Saeko saying, "So, where are you taking me now, Takashi?"
Jul 13, 2010 2:55 PM

Jun 2009
Kind of dissapoint in so short chapter, though it's better than nothing. Well, it was nice to see Shizuka-sensei be useful, she was moar awesome than always. Also, Zeke know what he's doin'~. ^^

Saeko~ <3
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 13, 2010 3:33 PM

Sep 2008
Raigeki1993 said:
0zymandias said:

I've just re-read the whole 26 chapters(little as it is) and from my speculations, there are moments that Saya does have feelings for Hirano. Not defining feelings like she has with Takashi(considering they're literally childhood friends), but considering they(Hirano & Saya) just went through a 'suspension bridge effect' since chapter 1 with the zombie ordeal I'd say its understandable to how Saya would feel.

If anything, I think Saya has been the most complacent personality out of everyone since she has not been shown to be out character. She's a tsundere through and through whether it be with Hirano or Takashi(as shown in chapter 1) or the rest of the team, and her attitude towards Hirano in chapter 26 was(what I believe) as justifiable considering 1.her being a tsundere 2.she's still at a stage of discovering her feelings only to have it destroyed with Asami being introduced and 3.IT'S WAY TOO EARLY FOR A DEVELOPMENT TO OCCUR CONSIDERING NOT LONG AGO, ALL SHE THOUGHT OF HIRANO WAS A FAT PIG WHO WAS MEANS FOR HER TO GET THE HELL OUT OF SCHOOL

So while Hirano has shown qualities to being her knight in shining armor, no matter how you look at it, the girl knows the guy as a debu(fatty) and smart as she is....high school girls are still high school girls
Jul 13, 2010 3:43 PM

Jul 2008
so kohta suffers from shell shock, and zeke gets buried in some bombshells himself
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 13, 2010 5:55 PM
Jun 2010
obliviouz said:
Raigeki1993 said:
0zymandias said:

I've just re-read the whole 26 chapters(little as it is) and from my speculations, there are moments that Saya does have feelings for Hirano. Not defining feelings like she has with Takashi(considering they're literally childhood friends), but considering they(Hirano & Saya) just went through a 'suspension bridge effect' since chapter 1 with the zombie ordeal I'd say its understandable to how Saya would feel.

If anything, I think Saya has been the most complacent personality out of everyone since she has not been shown to be out character. She's a tsundere through and through whether it be with Hirano or Takashi(as shown in chapter 1) or the rest of the team, and her attitude towards Hirano in chapter 26 was(what I believe) as justifiable considering 1.her being a tsundere 2.she's still at a stage of discovering her feelings only to have it destroyed with Asami being introduced and 3.IT'S WAY TOO EARLY FOR A DEVELOPMENT TO OCCUR CONSIDERING NOT LONG AGO, ALL SHE THOUGHT OF HIRANO WAS A FAT PIG WHO WAS MEANS FOR HER TO GET THE HELL OUT OF SCHOOL

So while Hirano has shown qualities to being her knight in shining armor, no matter how you look at it, the girl knows the guy as a debu(fatty) and smart as she is....high school girls are still high school girls

So, you're saying it's too early to tell whether or not Saya has feelings for Hirano?
Jul 13, 2010 6:02 PM

Sep 2008
Raigeki1993 said:

So, you're saying it's too early to tell whether or not Saya has feelings for Hirano?

precisely...and whilst we got the occasional blush from Saya to Hirano now and then, that's pretty much in same reference that we also know that she has something for Takashi as shown through the chapters

that could also be said with SaekoxTakashi, although we are shown more development to their relationship opposed to SayaxHirano
Jul 13, 2010 8:22 PM

Jun 2010
I am quite sad that this chapter is so short after waiting so long for this chapter. This chapter was okay it wasnt that good after waiting so long. During the chapter I really thought Hirano was going to kill himself but luckily Shizuka made him snap out of it.

Jul 13, 2010 8:31 PM

Sep 2008
wrong thread...but i know what you mean
Jul 13, 2010 11:42 PM

Feb 2008
i can't believe it but, the nurse was pretty cool in that scene, when she helped hirano. too bad for asami :(
as for the next chapters, i have a feeling that it will turn Romero style aka parent are muerto or at least some of them. there's no way komuro's mom could have survived..

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 13, 2010 11:59 PM

Jan 2009
Stupid iPod Touch, dies while I'm readin' mah manga >.>
So anyway, turns out that Shizuka-sensei can actually be useful at times ^^;
I'd been serioulsy beginning to doubt her usefulness xD.
And mah Saeko is cool as always~
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 14, 2010 12:44 AM

Sep 2008
Oosran said:

well they do need fan-service that's over the legal age(considering the girls are mostly 16yrs or younger, which in some countries are illegal) ....plus who's going to be able to drive them around and buy beer? they left Shizuka for a reason
Jul 14, 2010 4:11 AM

Jan 2009
Noooo... Asami T_T... Finally a non big breasted loli cute innocent character... How could should have died... man... I HATE this... What did she die for? Absolutely nothing... didn't even save the person she was trying to help... Really what was going through her dead? Man... I liked the AsamixHirano... Damn you other pairing!!! Man... I was hoping some sort of miracle would happen :( Maybe in the anime she'll be saved :D as a twiist. Probably not though :(
Jul 14, 2010 5:01 AM
Jun 2010
obliviouz said:
Oosran said:

well they do need fan-service that's over the legal age(considering the girls are mostly 16yrs or younger, which in some countries are illegal) ....plus who's going to be able to drive them around and buy beer? they left Shizuka for a reason

Lmao, how can Shizuka NOT be useful? she lived with a SAT member, I'm sure she has some knowledge that got rubbed off on Shizuka. Haha, whose going to stop the teenager from driving and buying beer, everyone else are zombies =p.
Jul 14, 2010 9:23 AM

Sep 2008
Raigeki1993 said:

Lmao, how can Shizuka NOT be useful? she lived with a SAT member, I'm sure she has some knowledge that got rubbed off on Shizuka. Haha, whose going to stop the teenager from driving and buying beer, everyone else are zombies =p.

LOL, have you not noticed? whilst hell has rained down in HotD, the cast still act and are guided by some 'invisible rules' to which even buying/drinking alcohol underage may get them detention....they all must do good even if most of their time is hacking zombies heads off

as for Shizuka, she may have a room mate who's a SAT, does not necessarily mean its rubbed off on her and going by her airheaded-ness, driving stick, whether it be in an automobile or on a bed may only be her forte

...ok...i'm being sarcastic here and wanted to poke fun at these overhype charas

ANYWAYS....GIMME HOTD HENTAI DOUJINSHII NAO!!!
Jul 14, 2010 9:30 AM

Jun 2009
obliviouz said:
Well, there are 3 HotD doujins as for now. Though they're pretty weak... i was especially dissapoint in one with Saeko. >.< They're not translated btw...
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 14, 2010 10:01 AM

Sep 2008
OrochiPL said:
obliviouz said:
Well, there are 3 HotD doujins as for now. Though they're pretty weak... i was especially dissapoint in one with Saeko. >.< They're not translated btw...

yeh, i've read the one with Hirano and Saya....even in hentai Saya is still a bitch....anyways I'll wait till they're all translated

plus i'm hoping for a shizukaxsaeko doujin
Jul 14, 2010 10:09 AM

Oct 2009
Military, dog-carrying Shizuka ftw.
She is a nurse, how is a nurse not useful??
Jul 14, 2010 10:42 AM
Jun 2010
obliviouz said:
Raigeki1993 said:

LOL, have you not noticed? whilst hell has rained down in HotD, the cast still act and are guided by some 'invisible rules' to which even buying/drinking alcohol underage may get them detention....they all must do good even if most of their time is hacking zombies heads off

as for Shizuka, she may have a room mate who's a SAT, does not necessarily mean its rubbed off on her and going by her airheaded-ness, driving stick, whether it be in an automobile or on a bed may only be her forte

...ok...i'm being sarcastic here and wanted to poke fun at these overhype charas

I just thought of something, imagine if the SAT member was acting like how Hirano is right now and she said that exact same thing to that SAT member, and then snaps her out of it. :o!
Jul 14, 2010 2:56 PM

Jan 2008
ReaperEXE said:

well i am hoping for the plotlines to diverge from each other, so i dont have to watch what i read or vice virsa, so yeah
Jul 14, 2010 3:11 PM

Feb 2010
Very nice chapter, Shizuka finally did something nice in this manga, I'm glad Hirano didn't died after all.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Is this back on hiatus again? ( 1 2 3 )

HollowIchigo58 - Aug 6, 2013

100 by Ugliz »»
Mar 24, 1:11 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 30 Discussion ( 1 2 )

rookiestalker - Apr 9, 2013

85 by bakakisima »»
Dec 31, 2023 7:32 AM

» Miyamoto, Rei feelings towards Takashi ?

kelfounet - Jun 19, 2010

41 by MASTERCRAFT938 »»
Aug 28, 2023 6:06 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Chapter 20 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 12, 2008

19 by maiestas_ »»
Aug 16, 2023 6:20 AM

» High School of the Dead is officially cancelled, according to the artist of the series.

deg - Dec 9, 2018

40 by JediPadawan2001 »»
Aug 5, 2023 8:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.