Forums

Support Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

New
Jul 12, 2010 10:31 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Before creating a new topic in the support board, you must first:
1. Read the Site & Forum Guidelines, the Support Page, and this topic.
2. Use the search function to be sure your question/bug has not been asked/reported before.
3. If your question/bug cannot be found via 1 or 2, you may create a new topic.

Any threads with questions/bugs that can found elsewhere will be removed without response. This topic will be updated as necessary, so be sure to check it prior to any topic creation.

If posting regarding a bug, please include the following:

Issues addressed in this topic:
Database Problems
Account Problems
List Problems
Forum Problems
Club Problems
Other Questions/Problems
LunaApr 25, 2021 12:18 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Jul 2, 2012 1:49 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Database Problems

I can't find a particular anime/manga entry on MAL.
First of all, make sure the entry meets the Database Guidelines. Foreign productions (e.g. Avatar, Original English Language "manga") and Korean webcomics are not allowed.

You may also check the recent posts in the removals/merges/denials threads for the entry you are concerned about, to ensure it hasn't been submitted and denied before.
Anime | Manga | Characters & People

Some series are hard to find with the MAL search. If the title is not in the threads above, you can try searching the title by using Google. Use these queries:
site:myanimelist.net/anime "anime title" | site:myanimelist.net/manga "manga title"

If you still cannot find the entry you are looking for, you may submit it to the database.

I would like to add a new anime/manga/character/person to the database.
First make sure that you have gone through the steps above. If you cannot find a denial for the entry and it meets our guidelines, you can add the entry here:
Add Anime | Add Manga | Add Character | Add People

A moderator will review your submission and approve or deny it. This may take a while, so please wait patiently.

How long does it take for submissions to be approved?
Currently, the queue is quite long. Depending on the importance of the submission, it can take a few days up to a few months until it gets approved. Please wait patiently and do not re-submit your submission as this will slow down the entire process.

I would like to modify a database entry.
Under the main picture and on the right side of some sections of every entry are "Edit" links. Please use them to submit modifications to be approved. If the edit button does not have the option you would like to submit, please use one of the respective threads:
Anime DB Modifications | Manga DB Modifications

I have a question about a database entry.
First familiarize yourself with the Database Guidelines. If your question is unanswered, please post your question in the respective subboard.

A database entry disappeared from my list/favorites.
Check the recent posts in the removals/merges/denials threads for the entry you are concerned about.
LunaMay 25, 2020 7:42 AM
Jul 2, 2012 2:03 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Account Problems

My IP address / MAL account is restricted and I feel this is an error.
Click the contact button on the ban page to create a ticket. Someone will get back to you about the ban.

I'm/my friend is having problems receiving the password recovery / confirmation email.
Please contact Customer Support here.

I/my friend has forgotten their password.
You can request a new password here.

How do I delete my account?
Please see the "Account Deletion" section on the support page for instructions.

I would like to have the username of an inactive account.
We no longer free up names taken by inactive accounts. Please see here for more information.

How do I add or change my avatar/signature/username/list settings/list design/other personal information?
Go here. At the top there are several tabs where you can change all kinds of account information.

I have a problem/question about the parental consent process.
Please contact Customer Support here.

I have a problem/question about MAL Supporter.
Please check the MAL Supporter FAQ. If the FAQ doesn't answer your question please contact Customer Support here.

I'm being told that I have new club invitations but I don't.
Use the Reset Invite Counter link on the club invitation page.

I can't add a favorite to my list even though I have room for it.
Clear all of your favorites (the link is at the bottom of the favorites edit list), wait a few minutes and then re-add everything.

How can I make my profile private?
It's not possible. If you don't want others to see personal information don't fill out the fields and use PMs for conversation.

How can I remove/edit my own reviews/recommendations?
See here for reviews and here for recommendations.

I found an illegitimate account (spambot/rating troll/etc.) and would like to report it.
Rating trolls: We have a system that detects such accounts automatically. For more information see here.
Spambots: Please report spam directly by using the report links (forum post, comments, PMs). If there is no report link (blogs, VA pages) please use the report link on the user profile.
Other: Please use the report link on the user profile and provide a detailed explanation.

Trying to post a review gives me a "400 Bad Request" error. Help!
This usually happens if you use the browser addon "LastPass" (or another addon that interferes with the website). If you disable it, you should be able to post the review.
LunaOct 3, 2021 12:14 AM
Jul 2, 2012 2:07 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
List Problems

My profile stats say I have more entries than I actually do. What's going on?
Series that you are re-watching are still counted as "completed" on the profile stats.

How can I delete my entire list / several entries at once?
The feature for deleting the entire list has been removed due to performance issues. Currently you have to delete every entry manually.

My list has disappeared/doesn't show up.
Go here and change the "Default Status Selected" option.

I see my list style on everyone else's list / I see different list styles when logged in and logged out.
Go here and uncheck the "Override user list styles and only use the one I want" option.

How can I make parts of my list private (e.g., hide hentai)?
It's not possible. If you don't want others to see certain entries, don't add them.

How can I see the full history of added/watched episodes/chapters?
The history page shows all updates for the current week and the last 3 weeks. It's not possible to show more weeks. On the history page you can click "edit" next to an entry go get a more detailed history of this entry. This detailed list, however, is regularly cleared when there haven't been updates for this entry (usually 30 days, can be longer).

A manga title doesn't show up in the history.
When you add a manga title for the first time to your list or just change the volume count, it doesn't show up in the history. To force it to show up in the history list, you will have to change the chapter count.

My Profile List/Anime/Manga stats won't update! Days watched are incorrect!
Depending on how many users are currently updating their lists, the stats update can take a few minutes or a few hours. Please wait patiently, your stats will update eventually.

An anime entry keeps showing up in my "currently watching" list even though I keep moving it to "completed".
Anime entries with the status "currently airing" can't be set to completed. If you completed an entry in the past and it is later set to "currently airing", it will be moved back to your currently watching list. This happens mostly with OVAs which get more episodes later.

An anime entry keeps showing up in my "plan to watch" list even though I keep moving it to "currently watching".
Anime entries with the status "not yet aired" can't be set to watching. Once a day an automatic process checks all lists and moves these entries back to plan to watch.
LunaMay 25, 2020 8:19 AM
Jul 2, 2012 2:10 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Forum Problems

How do I delete my own thread?
You have a set amount of time that you can remove your own thread as long as no one else posts in it. If you would like the thread removed after that point, report the thread (using the report link on your post) and request a removal.

My post count doesn't increase.
Post count does not increase in Forum Games.

How can I make a topic sticky?
Edit the post and choose "Additional Options -> Importance -> Sticky". You need to be an admin in the club to do this. You can't do this on the main forums.

I can see my picture on my profile and in the top right corner of the website, but not on the forum.
The picture on the forum (called "avatar") is different from your profile picture. You can upload/change/delete your forum avatar here.

My forum avatar and/or signature won't appear on the forum.
Go here and ensure Work Mode is set to "Show signatures and avatars".
LunaMay 25, 2020 8:12 AM
Jul 2, 2012 2:11 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Club Problems

I would like to be the admin of a club with no creator or an inactive creator.
Post your request here.

How do I delete my club?
First consider passing on the club to another active member and just leaving it. If you would still like to delete it and it is a public club, remove all of the members and leave the club yourself. This should delete the club. If it isn't removed, or the club is private/secret, please PM a DB administrator.
KinetaJul 25, 2012 1:15 AM
Jul 2, 2012 2:12 AM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
Other Questions/Problems

How to use BBCode? (format text, insert pictures, spoilers, YouTube videos, links, etc.)
Read this.

I need help with my signature/anime list/manga list design.
Please see here.

I have a question/problem with a custom list design made by someone else.
Please check if your custom list design is from this club. If it is, please post your question/problem there. Otherwise please post here.

I have a question/problem with my MAL theme.
Please check if your MAL theme is from this club. If it is, please post your question/problem there.

I have a question/problem with MAL Updater.
Please post your question/problem in this club.

I have a question/problem with an app.
We can only provide support for the official MAL app. If you're using a different app please contact the creator of the app.

I have a question/problem with MALgraph (anime.plus).
Please post your question/problem in this club.
LunaMay 25, 2020 8:17 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3354 by Tensho »»
1 hour ago

» How to see percentage of anime you have watched

trueauracoral - Mar 30

9 by trueauracoral »»
9 hours ago

» Forum discussion notifications not popping up in the mobile app.

Sammyy143 - Apr 13

13 by GeoSigma »»
Yesterday, 1:25 PM

» Reinstall the MAL app

ilias23 - Yesterday

0 by ilias23 »»
Yesterday, 12:29 PM

» Can you fix an image problem?

keepinup - Yesterday

2 by keepinup »»
Yesterday, 5:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.