Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion

Oct 20, 2010 9:24 AM

RionX said:
Thanks for clarifying that thing. =) But Rei was held back despite being an excellent student,that's why i guess she called Saeko "senpai". Saeko asked Rei stop calling her "senpai" in episode 11 and she said ":You know we are actually".... And Rei said something like "let's not talk about it".

ok I just finished the show, and yeah u r right she did say that.
but according to japanese wikipedia(http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E5%AD%A6%E5%9C%92%E9%BB%99%E7%A4%BA%E9%8C%B2#.E7.99.BB.E5.A0.B4.E4.BA.BA.E7.89.A9) they are the same age, so what Saeko would try to say maybe is other thing like "We are actually... (good friend or whatever)"
Modified by Reo, Oct 20, 2010 8:21 PM

Oct 20, 2010 8:41 PM

Reo said:

they are the same age, so what Saeko would try to say maybe is other thing like "We are actually... (good friend or whatever)"

Well,maybe...but i still think Saeko just wanted to say :"Stop calling me senpai,we actually in the same grade".And Rei said "let's not talk about it".That means:" I really want to forget,that i was held back despite being an excellent student" (because Senpai is an honorific term in anime that is used to signify that a person is an elder, senior OR upperclassmen .Becides Saeko and Rei are not enemies.And there is no reason for Rei to tell Saeko "let's not think about us being friends".Yeah,Takashi made love triangle,but still...They are not enemies,really).So i think Rei is just trying to forget the worst episode in her life.And calling Saeko senpai helps Rei think,that she always was in the same grade as Hisashi and she never had jumped her grade and that she wasn't held back.Like it was just a bad dream and nothing more.
Modified by RionX, Oct 20, 2010 10:36 PM

Dec 1, 2010 9:01 PM

A lot of mixed reactions by everyone in this episode. As for me, I won't go on for 10 years as I did in my response/comment on the first episode. This episode was good, but lacked the same construction as the first. I can say it was generally interesting and I liked the progression, but it could still use some work. Looking forward to the next! (^.^)

Dec 9, 2010 9:07 PM
i like that pink hair girl, shes so tsundere :-o my weakness

Dec 26, 2010 5:22 AM
[color=purple]This series is looking quite good so far :) I'm pleased with the amount of ecchi, I was worried that there would be far more than there has been so far. Also the characters personalities are quite impressive! I thought it would just be a group of girls screaming and one guy coming to their rescue all the time, but they all seem to have their own little traits :)[/colors]

Jan 4, 2011 7:59 PM

OMG this epi was amazing! i loved the part where the Dr. pushed "fatty" out of the way with her breasts XD but wow that Nurse is really stupid! she let that guy die and did nothing really... shes really helpless... and omg Takagi lies that guy X3 its so cute! and she was all jealous when he looked at the 3rd year haha... oh and it was hilarious when that guy told Takagi to get things for him and he was all serious when he turned around then put on a cute innocent smile asking for them X} i hope Rei's fathers okay... didnt sound very well over the phone... it sucks that he didnt know it was her... im so happy all survivors came together! now they're gonna get out somehow hopefully! well anyway this was an AWESOME EPISODE!!!

Jan 6, 2011 1:01 AM

Haha that was sick.
Lots of great kills. Is there anymore you can ask for.
Glad that the production values are still top notch.
Looking forward to more carnage!

Jan 20, 2011 12:32 PM

Awesome! I love how nurse acts like nothing happen.

Saya looks like tsundere type. She shouted to Hirano that she wants to survive but when he wanted her to help him (take some nails and stuff) her reaction was so selfish omg.

I liked Rei more because of this episode.

Apr 2, 2011 11:12 AM

imho
if the delete the fan service
this anime still awesome
they don't need that
too much fan service for action anime

May 15, 2011 6:46 AM

Brah.

Jun 16, 2011 4:30 PM

Nice episode!

We have the 6 characters and I like the set up so far! I liked the news footage after the credits too, nice touch!

Jul 21, 2011 5:16 AM

2nd episode was still okay.

On a rewatch.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 9, 2011 2:22 PM

lmao. she wears glasses? that "fattie" is my favorite character so far. (;

this show is entertaining enough for sure. (;

Oct 21, 2011 2:25 PM

Thanx god for SAEKO <3

Jan 31, 2012 2:06 AM
originanime

lol Saeko is a fkin badass!

Hate how they changed the ending theme already! >:(

Feb 10, 2012 12:22 AM

T.T Wasn't this a very self-explainary episode? Realized that they have to fight they fought :D Well, not much major fights and all those :D
uhh...

Mar 28, 2012 11:04 PM

um the genuis girl... well she'a fucking annoying bitch and i want her to die... the school nurse a dumbass the fat dude i love cuz i watch mel gibson movies 2!!!! saeko is awesome... rei im not really liking her because she seems like a boy hopper.. and main dude well he's cool overall this is still a great show

Sep 29, 2012 6:43 PM

Saya...T.T

Oct 2, 2012 1:23 PM

Quite a nice episode these are going quite at a good pass, the main characters are all joined together and they seem to be quite interesting on their own! Defiantly got me hooked! Let's see how they'll leave the school in the next episode!

Jan 30, 2013 8:50 PM

Feb 4, 2013 12:16 PM
needs more tits and ass

Mar 30, 2013 4:13 PM

It's entertaining enough

Mar 30, 2013 9:31 PM
Good episode.
Hirano voice acting sounds so simillar. Don't know who voiced him. Maybe it is Daru from stiens;gate.Sometimes he is funny.
By god that preview is so nice!
Still hate that pink bitch. Her attitude looks like Nina from code geass again lol!
Yellow hair girl slut slut.
4/5

Sep 23, 2013 3:38 PM

Whats the point of putting the ed song before the episode ends -_-

Mar 1, 2014 4:04 AM
Re-watching.
I salute to Ishi Kazu.
The nurse is hot :3 Saeko is totally awesome <3
Takagi is fine with me, drill that shit!!!!
Ending song was already changed huh.

May 22, 2014 8:26 AM

Another annoying girl. Thank god Saeko is not useless.

Jun 27, 2014 10:36 AM

Whelp the nurse is just a dumb pair of boobs and the pink haired chick is an annoying bitch. Honestly I can't see either of them living very long since they're both pretty useless. But I do really like the Kendo chick, shes pretty awesome.

Anyways another good episode, I'm really enjoying this series so far.

Jul 9, 2014 10:00 AM

please kill the fat kid already

Aug 26, 2014 9:35 AM

Takashi x Saeko

Rei Lost her chance when she broke the promise she made with Takashi & started dating Hisashi (that Gray haired guy)

Aug 26, 2014 9:37 AM

Tengai said:
Re-watching.
I salute to Ishi Kazu.
The nurse is hot :3 Saeko is totally awesome <3
Takagi is fine with me, drill that shit!!!!
Ending song was already changed huh.

pink haired finally cracked, it was about time she lets out some steam, if u know what i mean

Sep 9, 2014 7:26 PM

the boob sounds are great
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."

Sep 28, 2014 6:39 PM

Goddamn, the blonde nurse is an idiot. Pink haired megane is pretty shit as well.

So far, if I had to rank the girls:
Black haired > Orange haired > Pink haired > Blonde

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

watch nodame cantabile

recommend me anything!

Feb 3, 2015 6:11 AM

You guys keep complaining about the fan service. Am I the only one who didn't pay that much attention to it and focused on the trying to survive part of the episode?

Apr 21, 2015 5:37 PM

i actually jumped a little when Hirano gave Takagi that death glare.
but it turns out takagi actually is smart. she figured out the zombies have poor sight, react to sound, and feel no pain.

the blond nurse is the only one whos useless up to this point.. laughed when her boob knocked over Hirano.

+cliche: Rei's dad having poor cell connection and being attacked right after finishing his one-way conversation.
+cliche: news coverage of police fighting zombies; camera-man and news anchor are attacked--static.

Jun 20, 2015 6:43 AM

Takagi is annoying AF

Jun 22, 2015 10:00 AM

Nice episode!

I didn't like how Shizuka is such a ditzy. Wake the fuck up there are zombies out there out to kill you and your more concentrating on acting like klutz instead of actually paying attention.

Finally Saeko shows up!!! Wonder why she's not killing though :P

Takagi is such tsundere. Kinda annoying sometimes, but i love Eri Kitamura's voice :)

I thought Hirano look like the Highschool of the dead creator. Also a gun otaku :O

Can't wait for the next episode! More killing please!!

Oct 31, 2015 1:52 AM
Top Aidoru ♪

The nurse couldn't remember the name of the student that protected her, and it was played up as comedic despite him essentially being killed at the moment. And that was on top of the bouncing sound effects. Then, there were the moments with Takagi giving Hirano hell, or just being unreasonable in general.

I mean, creating a show that's not meant to be taken seriously is fine, but those parts bothered me.

Also, at the end, we have a repeat performance of someone who is announcing/reporting on the zombie situation, only to be attacked/killed with everything being recorded. This show truly revolves around panic and chaos.

Other than those moments, I can say that Highschool of the Dead is, at this point, everything I expected from random images, videos, and hearsay I've been exposed to over the years. I'm still unsure if that's a good thing or not though.

Dec 7, 2015 9:41 AM

how many survivors they were, anyway let's see next ep.

May 14, 2016 8:13 PM
Chocobo

Not bad I guess, don't really care for the fanservice and the "boing" sounds during Shizuka's intro was a bit weird to me.

Can't expect much less of fan service though.

I loved Hirano (Fat guy) & Takagi (Genius) bickering though lol.

Hirano: I kinda... I hate walking.
Takagi: And that's why your so fat! You need to put down the Walmart Cheetos and exercise!

"Walmart Cheetos" lmao

I don't remember that in the manga. I'm guessing it's a dub translation.

Jul 15, 2016 4:43 AM

Moving a little to fast, wonder what they will do with this rate and 12 episodes... got together rather quickly for my taste. didnt show so much about what ,and how and so on..but anyway. it just a few "nip picks" i have, other then that is enjoying, even tho its little bit too fast. xD fucking anime/Japan forgot how to prepared for zombies ...

i would probably be like hirano with a nail gun xD man i got hyped on that on!! insane ass fuuck xD
way to much fan service for Shizuka tho. *doing**doing* like wtf xD ooh whale.
Modified by Dead_By_Heart, Jul 15, 2016 4:51 AM
cause MAL is doing there job for once.

Sep 18, 2016 6:14 PM
They should've just let that Takagi biatch die. She's my least favorite so far...

Dec 30, 2016 5:01 AM

This keeps getting better in my opinion I wonder what was the reason for those zombies in the first place It would be pretty unsatisfying if it would end without finding an antidote poor Takashi his parents must be infected by now.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Sep 13, 2017 6:47 AM

That chubby owned this episode. Lmfao. He's so fucking sugoi. Yaaas. I knew he'll be a very useful character. Slay, maan.
----------------------------------------
"NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~ NNAAAA~"
NANACHI (MADE IN ABYSS), 2017
----------------------------------------

Jun 16, 10:18 PM
So we have a dumb blonde airheaded bimbo nurse with tig ol bitties, Shizuka Marikawa, a sword wielding girl who is a badass, Saeko Busujima, a heavyset kid with an obsession with guns and ammo to survive the zombie apocalypse, Kohta Hirano, and a pink haired pain in the ass tsundere cunt who is a childhood friend of Takashi's, Saya Takagi, who claims to be a genius, but was unwilling to lend a hand of the others using weapons. Stupid ass Miss Goody Two Shoes tsundere kono yarou. Just wish she could have turned into a zombie. And her family is rich.

Jun 25, 6:44 AM

Shizuka-sensei is awesome. ;D

Cool episode. Separate teams finally met with each other. Every member is different from another. It's good to see the group's members vary so much.

Jul 23, 5:29 PM
That nail gun scene had me in tears..

"Pretty please with sugar on top?" xD
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls

Oct 19, 8:53 PM

Man, kill that pink haired retard and you get a much better survival.

Yesterday, 12:42 AM

Bruh, shut the fuck up. That ending was annoying as fuck. It wasn't emotional at all, now shut yo bitch ass up, and sit yo bitch ass down.

TV static earrape is epic.

Marikawa is either sociopathic, or the writer can't figure out, logically when she should be ditzy, and when not.

They obviously added the obligatory edgy anime smile after killing, because that doesn't make you look incompetently bad at writing a sadist character. No reveal, or build-up, or good writing, just trash.

The only thing good about this show so far is being even slightly enjoyable somehow, and it's really good action choreography (unironic).

And, of course, Rei romantically likes kamisama MC now, because that makes sense. I mean, gradual, and realistic, or even unrealistic, reasonable development can't possibly be healthy for a story. I'm imagining a board room, and after some discussion of what to do with the story, someone yells, "Just make all the weebs' dicks hard!", and everyone applauses.

Characters are trash, characters are inconsistent, characters are stupid, characters are too light-hearted, tone is inconsistent, and just kill me now. Anime is a mistake, I'm a mistake, you're a mistake for reading this, and my rant is over.
Modified by cnkbkjuh895, Yesterday, 12:56 AM

Pages (9) « First ... « 7 8 [9]