Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion


Jul 12, 2010 10:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 28
The second episode is pretty good but I dont like the fact that the gore is being censored. The parts that are filled with gore being censored take away from the anime in general being a zombie based anime. This type of anime has to have lots of blood and heads popping or else it becomes not as exciting and worth while. The sound effects that Shizuka had when her butt or breasts were moving kind of annoyed me, but I guess its apart of the anime I can deal with it, just hope that its not in every episode

 
Jul 12, 2010 10:42 PM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2006
Posts: 9
I still like this good episode =)


 
Jul 12, 2010 10:51 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4961
RaiStorM said:
this is a ZOMBIE Anime with a HAREM style setting ... okay ? got it ??? *sigh*

lol its not Harem

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
 
Jul 12, 2010 10:58 PM
Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 1340
Anitnelav said:
Needs moar gore.

yep.

still enjoyable in my taste.
 
Jul 12, 2010 11:02 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2006
Posts: 457
This series is doing a damn good job of a zombie survival horror type of setting and story, I don't see what people are complaining about. If you're looking for bare tits or more fanservice watch a fucking Hentai basement dwellers.
リスト 。。

 
Jul 12, 2010 11:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 28
This episode was pretty bad; an unexpected drop in quality from the first. I didn't give 1/8 of a rat's shit when Saya was crying. The teacher is going to be really annoying, especially if those sound effects stay along with her.
 
Jul 12, 2010 11:14 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 162
Kira said:
This series is doing a damn good job of a zombie survival horror type of setting and story, I don't see what people are complaining about. If you're looking for bare tits or more fanservice watch a fucking Hentai basement dwellers.


Gotta agree, I'm liking this anime a lot. Though the minute+ of names at the end pisses me off at the waste.

Oh and this better never become a harem show...
Modified by u2blah, Jul 12, 2010 11:18 PM
 
Jul 12, 2010 11:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 1067
not terribly bad, not great either. i hope its for a set up that follows. what made the ep for me was the small news clip at the end of the show, brings that ominous feeling up a bit
 
Jul 12, 2010 11:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1861
genomaru said:
RaiStorM said:
this is a ZOMBIE Anime with a HAREM style setting ... okay ? got it ??? *sigh*

lol its not Harem

u read the manga ? the setting is harem-style however u look at it ^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
 
Jul 12, 2010 11:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4961
RaiStorM said:
genomaru said:
RaiStorM said:
this is a ZOMBIE Anime with a HAREM style setting ... okay ? got it ??? *sigh*

lol its not Harem

u read the manga ? the setting is harem-style however u look at it ^^

i read the manga. i still dont see harem in it. its not really a harem if two girls like one guy.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
 
Jul 12, 2010 11:36 PM
Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 78
I really enjoyed that. I loved Kouhta. I can't wait for the next episode. I would have liked the nurse if she wasn't so bouncy.


 
Jul 12, 2010 11:46 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 5547
looks like HOTD threads attract idiots. i'll keep in mind to stay away.
 
Jul 13, 2010 12:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 50
RaiStorM said:
genomaru said:
RaiStorM said:
this is a ZOMBIE Anime with a HAREM style setting ... okay ? got it ??? *sigh*

lol its not Harem

u read the manga ? the setting is harem-style however u look at it ^^


I don't think it's a harem, if it were harem then all the girls would have fallen in love with Takashi. I can only see that Rei is the only one who has clearly shown feelings for Takashi.
 
Jul 13, 2010 12:44 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 223
9ine said:
This episode was pretty bad; an unexpected drop in quality from the first. I didn't give 1/8 of a rat's shit when Saya was crying. The teacher is going to be really annoying, especially if those sound effects stay along with her.


yeah... 'cause you don't give a shit about characters, character development and relations it was a drop of quality?
I beg you pardon, but wtf do you expected this show to be?
 
Jul 13, 2010 1:15 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 251
Still, EPICNESS TO THE MAX
 
Jul 13, 2010 1:31 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 12
After this episode, there is something I have to say; Hirano with Madarame's voice for the win. I can't really say taht I liked it any more or less than the first episode, but I think it's going in a good direction (the way of the Manga =3) and I can't wait for the next episode. Wish we could get the Uncensored though...
 
Jul 13, 2010 1:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 344
What I like about HOTD is that while it does stick fairly close to classic zombie fiction plot devices/character types, its execution of those elements is very well done. It kinda reminds me of The Walking Dead and Dead Rising in that sense. Nothing too different or gimmicky, just a handful of survivors against a world of Romero-style shamblers.

More on topic though, I get the feeling that Nobuyuki Hiyama is the only guy who could voice Hirano. I mean seriously, his voice is too perfect for the role, what with being able to switch from fat nerdy loser to hot-blooded gun nut at the drop of a hat.

And lastly, with regards to everyone bitching about this series, I'm pretty sure it's just another case of hype backlash, with both sides sharing the blame. I'd say that we should all just watch what we like to watch and not worry so much about what other people think/what we think they should think, but if it were that easy, we wouldn't be having these arguments in the first place.
Ha-cha!
 
Jul 13, 2010 1:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 1861
harem means 3 or more girls jep but thats not the point i just said harem-style cast ... the charcter cast is made up in that way with the childhood friend .. the cool but dense beauty ... the funny clumsy moe nurse ... that iq-megane tsundere ... u wont have troubles to fit that cast into any harem-rom-com but its "thrown" into that zombie setting thats what i tried to say ... ah well whatever ^^

"Smiles aren't made, they're shown."- Belldandy (A!MG)
 
Jul 13, 2010 1:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2007
Posts: 402
Wow, I already knew this was going to attract a bunch of mindless idiots who just want gore, violence, and boobs... but never thought it wold be THIS MANY!

Though I do agree that nurse/teacher will more than likely get on my nerve if she continues to act like that... I've never liked airheads =/ even if they have giant boobs.
 
Jul 13, 2010 2:06 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 8724
only me or Takagi really annoying bitch this time...
 
Jul 13, 2010 3:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 41
Hmm, enteraining episode. The first episode had a bit more of the "wow factor" but then again...it was the first episode after all. Of course, this episode also had Hirano, so it evens out.

Definitely looking forward to the next episode.
---

Hmm...
 
Jul 13, 2010 4:45 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2093
LightningRamiel said:

More on topic though, I get the feeling that Nobuyuki Hiyama is the only guy who could voice Hirano. I mean seriously, his voice is too perfect for the role, what with being able to switch from fat nerdy loser to hot-blooded gun nut at the drop of a hat

This guy knows what I'm talking about!
 
Jul 13, 2010 4:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 570
The pace is too slow for me who already read 14 chapter of manga or so...



Fai will agree with me for this.
 
Jul 13, 2010 5:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1181
Less tits and more gore, pliiz.

Optime olere occisum hostem!
 
Jul 13, 2010 5:11 AM
Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 756
Fahlaine said:
More tits and more gore, pliiz.


^ Fixed.
| "In my time, the wowd is WUINED AND WIFEWESS!."

- Paradox (Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time Abridged Movie) |

 
Jul 13, 2010 5:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2007
Posts: 23708
Phantoka said:
Fahlaine said:
MOAR Tits covered in GORE, pl0x.


^ Fixed.



Doublefixed.


fertygo said:
The pace is too slow for me who already read 14 chapter of manga or so...



Fai will agree with me for this.


well I have no problems with slower pace.....IF THIS DID NOT HAVE A SET NOUMBER OF 13 EPISODES.

Because of this fact pacing worries me a lot. AS I can't even imagine on where will 13th ep end or even if (god please no) we will get some shitty anime-original ending, ala Claymore....
 
Jul 13, 2010 5:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 1181
GTFOU2 >:| ^

Optime olere occisum hostem!
 
Jul 13, 2010 5:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 570
yes, with this kind of pace I can't think proper checkpoint to stop, I already scared with possibility of the "worst" >_>
 
Jul 13, 2010 5:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17488
Fai said:
Phantoka said:
Fahlaine said:
MOAR Tits covered in GORE, pl0x.


^ Fixed.



Doublefixed.


fertygo said:
The pace is too slow for me who already read 14 chapter of manga or so...



Fai will agree with me for this.


well I have no problems with slower pace.....IF THIS DID NOT HAVE A SET NOUMBER OF 13 EPISODES.

Because of this fact pacing worries me a lot. AS I can't even imagine on where will 13th ep end or even if (god please no) we will get some shitty anime-original ending, ala Claymore....


People who don't know what will happen in the future probably don't click the spoiler even though I don't think you'll get it.


If its popular enough, they'll just throw in a second season, which at this rate, seems plausible.
Modified by Paul, Jul 13, 2010 5:46 AM
 
Jul 13, 2010 6:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 150
Not horrible but if they make the bouncing tits sounds throughout the series I'll definitely drop it. They seem determined to cut out as much manga material as possible. At the rate they're going an anime original ending is highly likely.
 
Jul 13, 2010 7:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 111
I dont know whats going on in the manga, but the anime really rocks~! One thing I would like to suggest is to remove or edit the utterly predictable news report at the end, especially the part when the reporter got bitten and screaming before the transmission got cut off. We have seen such things repeated in a million other disaster/horror shows... Y do it here?!
 
Jul 13, 2010 7:12 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
Hydrazoid said:
I dont know whats going on in the manga, but the anime really rocks~! One thing I would like to suggest is to remove or edit the utterly predictable news report at the end, especially the part when the reporter got bitten and screaming before the transmission got cut off. We have seen such things repeated in a million other disaster/horror shows... Y do it here?!

Oh I don't know. MAYBE CAUSE IT IS THE FIRST TIME IT WAS DONE IN AN ANIME
 
Jul 13, 2010 7:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 538
Big step up from the first episode. Less random panty shots though there were still a million and one. 3/5 for me.
 
Jul 13, 2010 7:46 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 310
Darklight0303 said:
Hydrazoid said:
I dont know whats going on in the manga, but the anime really rocks~! One thing I would like to suggest is to remove or edit the utterly predictable news report at the end, especially the part when the reporter got bitten and screaming before the transmission got cut off. We have seen such things repeated in a million other disaster/horror shows... Y do it here?!

Oh I don't know. MAYBE CAUSE IT IS THE FIRST TIME IT WAS DONE IN AN ANIME


Yeah, but that scene was completely ripped off from Diary of the Dead.

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIP4wHqGGlU
 
Jul 13, 2010 7:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2837
The blond with the bouncing oppai irritates me. The sound effects even worse. I am loving the kendou woman though <3
 
Jul 13, 2010 7:50 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 4367
Grmo said:


Yeah, but that scene was completely ripped off from Diary of the Dead.

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIP4wHqGGlU

The show is an homage to that entire series, in case you haven't noticed.
 
Jul 13, 2010 8:00 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 1464
Censors are killing me, I was so confused about what was going on in the drill-to-the-head scene for a long time. If they're gonna censor shit, at least censor it in a better way. Geez.
 
Jul 13, 2010 8:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
noteDhero said:
Grmo said:


Yeah, but that scene was completely ripped off from Diary of the Dead.

See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIP4wHqGGlU

The show is an homage to that entire series, in case you haven't noticed.

What Noted said. THe series was made as an homage from the author, to all of the classics in zombie flicks and movies
 
Jul 13, 2010 8:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 61
Woot!I love the blood,and the screams,and everything.Now they all got together.Wonder if someone will get killed?>.>
 
Jul 13, 2010 8:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1275
The blonde nurse can't seriously be that vaccant; I hope she's the one who started the entire desaster and is leading the zombies.
I thought it was funny when she fell over and the kendo girl claims it was because her skirt isn't made for running, when obviously, her bust weighed her down.

I really hope the pink haired girl stops calling people 'stupid'!
Considering she's suppose to be a genious, using the same phrases and looking down on others lowers her intelect level.
Pink hair girl is smart, yet not too efficient, she seems the type who has to stop and think; organised, yet not spontanious.
The chubby boy has proven to be extreemly resourcefull, matching her intelligence (maybe even suppassing it), she was wrong about him.:p
Superiority complexes that often recives a brutal knock, she needs a humble pie.

Why do they seem to assume that disaster is only occuring within the school?

I'll say Kendo girl and chubby boy are my favourites.
Yes, obviously, I can't remember the names.

 
Jul 13, 2010 9:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 176
werr-y said:
Hahaha, no sex, no violence = worthless? Manny, there is something wrong with you...




no there is something wrong with you

you watch HSotD... for the plot ?

come on, this anime was meant to show TITS and BLOOD, and that was all it had to do to be awesome, because everything else is cliche and dull, it's not a masterpiece, it's a show you watch with beer, pizza and pals, this is pure entertainment

however, it didn't deliver



this is not explicit violence, nothing is shown, everything is suggested, we don't see a damn thing, and I'm not mentioning this pathetic "boink boink" noise. That's why this show is pointless, it's like fanservice without fanservice.
Modified by roquefort, Jul 13, 2010 9:16 AM
 
Jul 13, 2010 9:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4961
yeah, head smashing and head drilling is for pussies. real men watch guro

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
 
Jul 13, 2010 9:34 AM
Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 193
Shits about to go down eh
 
Jul 13, 2010 9:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 176
genomaru said:
yeah, off-screen head smashing and off-screen head drilling is for pussies. real men watch Genocyber



fixed that for you, bro.
 
Jul 13, 2010 9:39 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 545
MannyCalavera said:
werr-y said:
Hahaha, no sex, no violence = worthless? Manny, there is something wrong with you...




no there is something wrong with you

you watch HSotD... for the plot ?

come on, this anime was meant to show TITS and BLOOD, and that was all it had to do to be awesome, because everything else is cliche and dull, it's not a masterpiece, it's a show you watch with beer, pizza and pals, this is pure entertainment

however, it didn't deliver



this is not explicit violence, nothing is shown, everything is suggested, we don't see a damn thing, and I'm not mentioning this pathetic "boink boink" noise. That's why this show is pointless, it's like fanservice without fanservice.


Yep, those zombies should first strip the girls and then rape and eat them at the same time.
 
Jul 13, 2010 10:02 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4961
MannyCalavera said:
genomaru said:
yeah, off-screen head smashing and off-screen head drilling is for pussies. real men watch Genocyber



fixed that for you, bro.

GURO!

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
 
Jul 13, 2010 10:08 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 28
DarkChaplain said:
9ine said:
This episode was pretty bad; an unexpected drop in quality from the first. I didn't give 1/8 of a rat's shit when Saya was crying. The teacher is going to be really annoying, especially if those sound effects stay along with her.


yeah... 'cause you don't give a shit about characters, character development and relations it was a drop of quality?
I beg you pardon, but wtf do you expected this show to be?

No, because most of the characters aren't that likable and the plot so far is pretty shallow-even for something like this. And you know, it's only been 2 episodes, the quality could drastically change and stuff, obviously. (That doesn't stop people from writing reviews, though.)
 
Jul 13, 2010 10:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 11323
9ine said:
DarkChaplain said:
9ine said:
This episode was pretty bad; an unexpected drop in quality from the first. I didn't give 1/8 of a rat's shit when Saya was crying. The teacher is going to be really annoying, especially if those sound effects stay along with her.


yeah... 'cause you don't give a shit about characters, character development and relations it was a drop of quality?
I beg you pardon, but wtf do you expected this show to be?

No, because most of the characters aren't that likable and the plot so far is pretty shallow-even for something like this. And you know, it's only been 2 episodes, the quality could drastically change and stuff, obviously. (That doesn't stop people from writing reviews, though.)


They aren't likable to you. This is not a general fact you can claim applies to everyone else here.
 
Jul 13, 2010 11:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 28
Darklight0303 said:
They aren't likable to you. This is not a general fact you can claim applies to everyone else here.

True, true.
 
Jul 13, 2010 12:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2007
Posts: 3362
I keep thinking Saya = Yuri from angel beats. other than that, the censoring sucks but this is still about as awesome as I thought it'd be.
 
Top
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »