Forum Settings
Forums
#1
May 12, 2008 3:24 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 674
Before this month passes without a wallpaper challenge, I decided it is time for a multi-layered theme with a critic undertone wherein we try to nuance social misconceptions about taste with brutal remastered versions of popular icons...

and now for a more appropriate way to announce this:
WAAA
Its the NARUTO Challenge!!!
Its gonna be so cool!
Believe it!!


Post your selfmade naruto wallpapers here, there is lots of material out there to use. I expect some nice works from the fans and I hope the non-fans take the challenge to do something interesting with the Naruto heritage.
Make sure to read the rules.
Deadline is the 31st of may
Modified by cyruz, Jun 3, 2008 6:25 AM
 
#2
May 12, 2008 3:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 461
Oh noes! D:

lol, good thing I've read/watched this. I can think of so many things for this. XD

First I guess I'll have to decide on a character. Or should I pick mood first? Ahhh, so many choices...

I'll get back to you. :P
 
#3
May 12, 2008 6:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 968
pietel said:
Before this month passes without a wallpaper challenge, I decided it is time for a multi-layered theme with a critic undertone wherein we try to nuance social misconceptions about taste with brutal remastered versions of popular icons...


Oh God! I have so many questions on this one :/
Never watched Naruto in my life! :O I'm screwed up!

And What do you mean with: multi-layered theme with a critic undertone wherein we try to nuance social misconceptions about taste with brutal remastered versions of popular icons... (My english is confusing me!)






 
#4
May 12, 2008 7:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 674
Moony said:
Oh God! I have so many questions on this one :/
Never watched Naruto in my life! :O I'm screwed up!

And What do you mean with: multi-layered theme with a critic undertone wherein we try to nuance social misconceptions about taste with brutal remastered versions of popular icons... (My english is confusing me!)


I just put some difficult words together to look smart, chances are high that its just rubbish. ^_^ My translation: wether you like Naruto or not, there are interesting things to be done with it..

And sorry for choosing this theme, if you haven't seen any of it. I hope you can find a way to make this even interesting for you.
 
#5
May 12, 2008 12:01 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 674
I have made one myself today, to kickstart this challenge,
its a simple kakashi wallpaper

title:Welcome to Konoha


resolution 1024*768
photoshop 7.0
original image

No bigger resolutions because the original image wasnt big enough, sorry.
 
#6
May 12, 2008 12:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 968
pietel said:

I just put some difficult words together to look smart, chances are high that its just rubbish. ^_^ My translation: wether you like Naruto or not, there are interesting things to be done with it..

And sorry for choosing this theme, if you haven't seen any of it. I hope you can find a way to make this even interesting for you.

LoOl you are a funny one^^ (in a good way!)

Hum... So I can make the theme I want and choose the character I want :D That's cool^^ I have an idea ;)
When it's done I'll ask for help about the character identity xD (since I get all confused with the looks and names!)

Thank you pietel :3

One more question: When is the closing date of this thread? It's because I've been really busy with my temporary work... and I wanted to enter this contest too... I need to plan my time^^
Modified by Moony, May 12, 2008 12:39 PM



 
#7
May 17, 2008 8:28 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 244
White Fang of Konoha



Image Used: Image

Brushes Used: Photoshop CS3 Defaults
Stocks Used: Stock

Rushed it a little so it looks cluttered and messy, sorry..
 
#8
May 18, 2008 8:22 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 674
Arekkusu said:
White Fang of Konoha


Image Used: Image

Brushes Used: Photoshop CS3 Defaults
Stocks Used: Stock

Rushed it a little so it looks cluttered and messy, sorry..


Besides being a bit messy, the picture choice and what you did with it is great. The burned colors look good!
although its a bit wierd with the mirroring and seeing the left eye and all ^^
 
#9
May 19, 2008 5:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 968
Finished my entry^^

The Character I choose was Yondaime, the 4th Hokage, because... I fell in love with him xD




 
May 26, 2008 9:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 2509
Love the Yondaime one! Moony did an awesome job! ^-^

First time entering a Contest. Thought I'd try my luck in it.


....Yeah, it's pretty noobish lookin'. It's my first time making an actual wallpaper and using different brushes and stuff. ^^;

Resolution: 800x600
Original Image: Link
Brushes Used:
Fritchie's Brushes
Seiyastock's Brushes
Reddeath's Brushes
Mystic's Brushes
& of course Photoshop's CS3 Defaults

Other Resolutions:
640x480
1024x768
1280x816
1280x1024
 
May 29, 2008 1:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 247
Title: Absolute
Size:1280x1024



Resolutions: 1024x768
Images: Character render & C4D from PlanetRenders.net
Brushes: CoolBrushes.com
Whoever said nothing is impossible, never tried slamming a revolving door....
*BUTTON*!!
 
May 29, 2008 2:15 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 674
cool! thanks for entering everyone!

@Moony: arty and looking good! especially when you compare it with the original, you did a great job..

@Syb3rStrife: your first? welcome! the blue is great, but maybe there is a bit too much happening in the background. nonetheless definitly a good start!

@Umbra: im absorbed by the background, what is it? looks like some mecha battle..
i like those sweeping light lines..
 
May 31, 2008 1:09 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 674
Its already the end of the month.. last minute entries need to be quick!!
 
May 31, 2008 6:17 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 244
wow, umbra's looks cool, cant believe the background is just a bunch of C4D's. The background distracts the eyes from Haku a little but i still love it, good job
 
Jun 2, 2008 10:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 461
The entries look pretty good! Looks like I procrastinated too long... oh well.

So... gonna end it soon Pietel? Deadline's already past...
 
Jun 2, 2008 10:17 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 674
Thanks for entering this challenge! I wish you all good luck in the voting round!
also: vote for me! ^_^

voting voting voting


edit: it's a shame goldmare, i was curious about your ideas. and yea im a very slow topic writer, so I procrastinated that too. I hope that means what I hope it means.
*runs to the dictionary
Modified by pietel, Jun 2, 2008 10:22 AM
 
Top