Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 9, 2010 1:54 AM

Nov 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I watched it in Taiwan (when it was first aired) Movie theater. The DVD probably will out on December (I always watch in raw and I know that it comes out on December for download).

I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 9, 2010 1:29 PM

Dec 2007
lol Kaito Kid wanted to kiss Ran :<
Oct 16, 2010 4:16 AM

Jun 2008
Kanade-chan said:
lol Kaito Kid wanted to kiss Ran :<

Remember to watch after the credits.
Oct 24, 2010 4:39 PM

Feb 2009
Shitty sub, but hey I've been watching subs for so long I can work with shitty sub. Can't wait for DCTP released though. One thing for sure this movie is much better than 13th. There are awesome actions in it, but since when Conan was an acrobat, new boy wonder Conan-kun!
Oct 25, 2010 12:15 PM
Jul 2010
Found some good subs by hermelene on youtube, but the audio is being taken off them one by one so you'll have to catch it pretty quickly to see it with sound.

I loved it!!! I really like when Kid and Kudo work together, I thought Kid was a bastard for most of the moive for ruining Kudo's reputation but then Ran saved it when she twigged she was wrong :)

But I wish we'd had more of Hattori and maybe Hakuba in there as well, there's a really good dynamic when detectives all team up ^.^
Nov 1, 2010 8:05 AM

Feb 2010
That was hell of a movie O_O
"Your taste is shit cause you like what I hate. Believe me I have 1000 cartoons that I rated with less than 5."

Nov 1, 2010 11:48 AM

Oct 2009
I enjoyed watching this! Definitely one of the best Detective Conan movies)).
Nov 9, 2010 7:37 AM

May 2010
I liked this movie... esp. bcoz it had Kaitou Kid on it... plus Hattori! :D

but kid's coolness suffered because of the things he's done in the movie... still, i love him.. lol

so movie15 is in production, huh? no matter how long it's been, i can't imagine seeing the day that these movies (and the anime) suddenly end... yet.
Nov 23, 2010 1:30 PM

Oct 2009
I have few point about is movie
Nov 28, 2010 3:10 AM

Aug 2008
LOL...!! i thought kaito kid stole a kiss from Ran!! o______O!!!
thankfully i play it again to watch the after ending credit scene
Nov 28, 2010 11:33 AM

Jan 2009
-Suspense, suspense, suspense, credit roll....RAGE

-ED song SKIP

-Proper Ending, Rage Subsided

Wonder if there was any rage in theaters?
Dec 2, 2010 4:23 AM

Jun 2010
Hmm...it was okay-ish? Seeing Kid in action was awesome and Hattori was sorta a bonus for me too.

Overall I didn't like this movie as much as the previous ones but I'm not disappointed.
Dec 26, 2010 1:11 PM
Nov 2010
OMG I nearly died when I thought Kaito kissed Ran....If Shinichi never even got to kiss her Kaito kissing her I don't think I could live anymore........Shinichi deserves Ran more then anyone & Ran deserves Shinichi after her long wait..

Thank god Ran is Ran and knows better..ShinichiXRan <3
Aug 29, 2011 10:49 PM

Jun 2011
Lol'd at the last part after the credits. really decreased Kid's kakkoi-ness by 50%.

That was hilarious, though I really liked to see some development with the two. I just wished Ran was kissed by Kaitou and be seen by Conan~~ Shinichi needs to be jealous so that he'll finally make a move!!

...and yeah, screw Aoko, what a boring girl. She was just out of the picture in this one. What I'd like to see is KaitouXRanXConan. That would be great.
"Them who looks blind at ANIME, looks blind at SALVATION."
Jun 7, 2012 4:38 PM

Jun 2010
Kind of ripping off the plot from Die Hard a little here, but whatever.

Who on earth is this Satoshi kid supposed to be? I kind of think he was voiced by some kid who won a contest or something and the character was shoe-horned into the story for that reason.
Jan 30, 2013 1:03 PM

Jul 2012
Good. I like the Kid + Conan tag team. They're too baws when they're together.

It's either a 8/10 or 9/10 from me...I'll decide later.

rechajulay said:
LOL...!! i thought kaito kid stole a kiss from Ran!! o______O!!!
thankfully i play it again to watch the after ending credit scene

YEEEAH SAME! LOL
May 4, 2013 6:04 AM

Oct 2012
wtf!!! if that kiss happened probably i would gave it 10... XD

Sep 10, 2013 4:05 PM

Apr 2012
Conan is an unbeatable beast X)

Great Movie :D
Jun 2, 2014 6:33 AM

Jan 2013
Dayum!! Kid trying to steal Conan's girl. What a playa.
Sep 18, 2014 9:45 PM

Jun 2008
My favorite movie so far. I think I finally get why Kaito Kid is so popular. I ship Kid/Ran now.
Apr 30, 2015 1:27 AM

Jul 2008
Damn Kid has no boundries. No mystery really in this one, just an action packed movie, which I thought was very good. 8/10
Jul 6, 2015 3:01 AM

Mar 2015
Glad I watched the post credt scene because otherwise I'd be mad :D
Pretty good movie,although no big mystery here.
Jul 7, 2015 5:53 PM

Nov 2014
Cool movie, really liked Kid's presence in the movie.

Nov 18, 2015 9:29 PM
Jul 2015
A bit late but I really liked Kid and Conan together ><
Especially their grin before jumping off from the helicopter :D
and Kid's last entrance to take the jewel when everyone are tied, laughed really hard at that :D
Feb 18, 2017 1:37 PM

Dec 2016
*SPOILERS*

CONCLUSION OF THIS MOVIE IS THAT KID IS A BOOTY LOVER BUT KUDO IS NOT LMAFAO
Women of my dreams I don't sleep so I can't find her

May 10, 2017 4:57 AM
May 2017
My favorite DC's movie, i can't stop laughing when watch the kidxconan moments though
Nov 4, 2018 5:04 PM

Jan 2008
That was really intense. I'm glad they didn't have some cop-out where they just so happened to have a cure for the incurable bacteria. This was a way better story than I expected.

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Oct 24, 2020 8:08 AM
Community Mod
Crazy Cat Lady

Apr 2019
This movie really feels different when watching in 2020
Dec 24, 2020 6:40 PM

Jan 2012
Ah yes, it's time once more for the annual Detective Conan film. The Conan crew usually gives it their all when it comes to these movies and this one is no exception. It's quite the exciting action spectacle. The single most thrilling sequence this time has to be when the terrorist leader...supposedly....just casually chucks Conan off the airship and Kaitou Kid is forced to rescue him. But there are several effective ones such as Conan fleeing the terrorists on his skateboard set to the series' iconic theme music.

Certiainly now, as 2020 finally, mercifully, nears its end it remains interesting how watching a movie can change through the lens of living through covid. Especially one where a potential outbreak of an infectious disease is one of the main plot points as is the case here. I wonder if watching this in 2019 or earlier would have felt any different to me. Of course what this most reminded me of was action movies from my childhood. Fuse together Die Hard with Air Force One and you more or less have this film. Which is fine, I enjoy both of those movies and I'm a big Conan fan. I'm a bit iffy on introducing the Satoshi character. It clearly sounded like he was actually voiced by a young child and considering it also looks like he hasn't really appeared in much if any more Conan material since this it makes me wonder why he was included. If I didn't know any better I'd swear it was a contest held to get a bit part in the movie or something, but that doesn't appear to be the case. He does feel shoe-horned in, regardless, but he's not in much of the film so whatever. The climax that sees Conan get nearly shot twice and inflate his soccer ball to knock the airship straight upwards is kinda unbelievable too, even for this series, but oh well.

Only other thing I'll comment on is the Kid, Shinichi and Ran love triangle this film has going on a bit. I really didn't like Kid back when he was first introduced as a character, but I've slowly warmed up to him since. It was amusing trying to figure out who he was, although in this film it really wasn't hard. And I always love seeing Shinichi get protective when it comes to Ran. Ran x Shinichi 4 ever! It's cute really, the kind of cute where a grin just naturally comes over your face, or well it did mine anyway. I'm bordering around a high 7 to low 8 for this one. I dunno, I guess I'll be nice and give it the generous 8/10.

Oh, and Merry Christmas all!
Jul 18, 2022 9:20 PM

Jan 2016
You know, I thought the previous movie was the eBay, but I was wrong. It’s this one. This is my fav one so far. Mainly because we didn’t have the stale “1 person murdered, 3 suspects” thing. I liked the pacing of this and the brutality of the leader that just threw Conan out of the window. I’m also wondering if Mouri didn’t have much lines because if this was when the voice actor changed? Anyways I enjoyed my time watching this and would give it a 9/10.

May 3, 2023 4:46 PM
Feb 2019
I would give a 10 if Kaito kisses Ran but... nevermind

More topics from this board

» The fourteenth Detective Conan movie-Release discussion

Rhiannon-Senpai - Dec 12, 2009

18 by NakaShima-Shan »»
Nov 30, 2010 9:17 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.