Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2010 10:45 PM

Jun 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
gahhh, not Hans, what are you doing emma?!?!???! they better not get back together. i'm not too surprised will called off the engagement, but he isnt doing anything to try and get emma back
en_____May 8, 2016 3:30 PM
Dec 3, 2010 5:44 PM

Sep 2008
Wha--?! Totally unprepared for the ending of the episode! I never imagined that Emma would think of something like that as the solution. o_o Though, thinking further, it probably seems like her only way out... And she has had a really tough life...

I like Hans, but I don't really want him getting together with Emma. I thought they'd make good friends. And Hans makes for an interesting character.

It was nice to see William showing a bit of backbone when speaking to his father. But it is sad that rumors spread so easily... and that protecting your position and sticking to the status quo in high society is so important. Really Kind of ridiculous...
Jan 5, 2011 11:14 PM

Jun 2009
I hate Emma, stupid girl... she confused William, broke a perfect marrige of Will and Eleanor (poor Eleanor, I'm so pitty about her).. and missing her happiness now.
Emma, look at Hans. Interesting person.. the best lover for you.
Feb 12, 2011 12:47 AM

Jan 2011
Well I hate both William and Eleanor. So, go for it Hans! Emma is your love. XD
Sep 16, 2011 6:10 AM

May 2008
Go away sideburns guy.

If William was so prepared to abandon his upper class life for Emma why didn't he just do it 1 season ago? Feels like all these episodes are just time wasters.
Oct 25, 2012 6:19 PM

Jan 2012
Hans X Emma 4ever!

Fuck Wil and his sorry ass play doll Eleanor
Mar 25, 2013 3:38 PM
Mar 2012
Wirriamu, haha.

Actually so far no "villains" as such. Eleanor is actually pretty sympathetic, I'm glad that they didn't go the easy route and go all "stuck up snotty rich girl".

She's actually just as pure and innocent as Emma.

My favorite character is easily Hakim. That dude is PIMP. Talk about smooth.
May 17, 2013 3:40 PM

May 2012
Good that William called off the wedding, although I wonder if he's actually going through with it or not! I don't want to see shit with Hans as he's not really a proper character especially not for Emma! Either way lets see what's next!
Aug 30, 2013 9:54 AM

Aug 2013
Good that there wedding was called off, seeing William having the confidence to confront high society makes me all excited.
Dislike the fact that it feels like Eleanor a victim when all she was, was a replacement for Emma in Williams heart.
Mar 11, 2014 4:54 AM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
No such thing as a "villain" here. Eleanor and William's fathers are the closest to this and they're actually pretty realistic characters, not your typical "evil" archetypes.

Most of the drama here is due to William's lack of strength of character and only doing now what he should have done at the end of season one, which is is to say goodbye to wealth and London society and leave with Emma. But he wants both Emma and the 'life' which makes things complicated.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Aug 7, 2014 11:46 PM

Sep 2013
No! I want Emma x William!!

Poor Eleanor.
"I have been wielding a blade since before your were swimming around your father's scrotum." - Kurou
Sep 12, 2014 11:27 PM

Aug 2013
Oh so now Will stands up for his love for Emma...after his engagement party. Sigh. What a mess.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Dec 2, 2015 11:31 AM

Sep 2014
Aww poor Miss Eleanor. I felt sorry for her.
May 7, 2016 7:01 AM

Jul 2009
Eleanor is a good girl, it's really sad, William shouldn't have said he would marry her...
Jul 18, 2016 10:14 AM
Apr 2016
Damn it! That confusion set since Emma and William saw again!
I hate the way Emma gives up easily and prefers to flee rather than fight for their relationship.
We're on episode 7 and the relationship "Hans and Emma" was not well developed.
We understand this episode that the Victorian society is beautiful but quite shallow.
I expect a decent end to Emma and Eleanor are the characters who suffer most!
May 30, 2017 7:35 PM

May 2015
Moral of the story – Stop being a Pu$$y, if this M%therf*kcer had a backbone he wouldn’t let Emma be overwhelmed with such sadness & uncertainty and Eleanor to suffer even though Eleanor knew what was the deal with his/her situation he is mostly at fault because he gave her hopes… and even if he is worse than scum for saying that about Emma, Viscount Campbell was right about William having no credibility whatsoever after that stunt he pulled…

On a side note:
Since the begging of their meeting Emma caught the attention of Hans but the gentleman has been patient so far, not pushing the issue, he dismissed Adèle order to bring Emma back (giving her space) he even opened himself to her what I’m trying to say is he is doing alright in my eyes (in my eyes he is not an annoying rival) If he stays this way I wouldn’t mind Emma choosing him at the end.

MagEarwhig said:
If William was so prepared to abandon his upper class life for Emma why didn't he just do it 1 season ago?
This...

bittersweetlove said:
Eleanor is a good girl, it's really sad, William shouldn't have said he would marry her...
+1

May 7, 2019 5:19 PM

Nov 2016
I honestly think no one is to blame here, everyone has his reasons and made mistakes, that's just human. And it's easy for us to judge while we have a different mindset and an overview over the whole tragedy.

But seriously, if anything, fuck the twisted society and everyone acting like marrying somone "low class" is a crime. At least Eleanor's mother restored a bit hope in humanity there xD

And I would actually agree that Hans would make for a good partner. I like his stoic nature, but during his talk with Emma he openend a bit up.

The ending of the episode seriously gave me chills, tho...poor Emma;_;

All in all, another really great episode.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 14, 2019 5:14 AM

Nov 2018
Hans and Emma interactions were very nice, though Emma ending up running away from Hans is almost like a meme at this point. All he wants is to bond with her.
The ending scene made it seem like she was considering suicide. Hmm.
Sep 1, 2021 9:25 AM

Jan 2021
Poor Eleanor.
I feel bad for her.
I don’t know why people think she’s a villain or a bad person.
She’s just as pure and nice as Emma.
She’s also innocent.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 12 Discussion

OnyxEyes3 - Jan 13, 2010

41 by WisperG »»
Mar 22, 2:01 PM

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 5 Discussion

Elfana - Aug 7, 2010

22 by Bluwulf »»
Aug 18, 2023 6:07 AM

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 8 Discussion

OnyxEyes3 - Jan 12, 2010

16 by Homeless_Swallow »»
Feb 5, 2023 6:25 AM

Poll: » Eikoku Koi Monogatari Emma: Molders Hen Episode 6 Discussion

MagEarwhig - Sep 16, 2011

13 by Homeless_Swallow »»
Feb 5, 2023 5:33 AM

Poll: » Victorian Romance Emma: Molders Hen Episode 4 Discussion

en_____ - Jul 5, 2010

28 by Homeless_Swallow »»
Feb 5, 2023 4:32 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.