Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Jul 5, 2010 9:35 PM

Oct 2009
It depends on what it is about.

I won't waste my time if it's something i find stupid.
Jul 5, 2010 9:35 PM

Apr 2010
Confucius said:
Fui said:
I almost got into one in high school. Someone was being a jerk, so I threw some of my food in his face. Then tried to hold me up by the shirt collar and my friends tried to stop him, and then the school staff came to break us up and we got detention.

So, well, maybe...?

They still punish students with detention?
Detention is a joke. OMG 45 MINUTES AFTER SCHOOL!!!
Jul 5, 2010 10:29 PM
Jan 2010
ESSWHY said:
I would run away if the fight was meaningless.

If someone was trying to steal something from me or whatever, then I might fight back. But if it's like "YOU LOOK AT ME THE WRONG WAY???" then I'd just leave.

Agreed,recently on the news in my country,someone got one of his finger cut for showing them the finger when they taunt him lol. I say fight only if you are sure you can win/finish it.
Jul 5, 2010 11:11 PM

Feb 2009
I am too cool to get into a fight.
Jul 5, 2010 11:59 PM
Apr 2009
hmmm... when I was a minor I used to get in alot of fights... some were pretty violent. I always believed that to avoid people causing shit with you in the future it was best to do as much damage to the opposition with complete disregard to self. even if you lost the fight and had a few broken ribs, etc; as long as you broke a few bones on the other side they would always take you seriously and would generally not mess with you in the future... the only time this was not true was when I got on the bad side of a gang, and seriously got messed up.... :(

now that I am an adult, I generally avoid fighting since the law is not so lenient on you. even for self defense, you can still get in trouble for excessive force... apparently a hook kick to the base of the neck throwing them to the ground, and then dislocating their shoulder, and hyperextending\breaking their elbow is not considered reasonable retribution for someone shoving you... who woulda guessed
Jul 6, 2010 4:54 AM

Apr 2010
I guess I'll run (If you mean real fight)

Jul 6, 2010 5:00 AM

Dec 2007
Well, I'm a girl. People don't pick fights with me. I don't pick fights with people. I don't need to run away becase I'd not get involved.

However, I've watched fights. Serious ones. And I usually am the person that, drunk and drugged, takes as responsability to take care of all the minors that are in site. Even when the minors want to get into the fight themselves.

I suppose that if someone went to hit me I'd hit them back immediatly, even if failing. I'm very hot-headed, when I get mad I get into a killer mode that destroyes everything around. As long as they touch my right nerve, I'm pretty sure I'd bite their ears off and poke their eyes too.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Jul 6, 2010 5:00 AM

May 2010
I'm to much of a softy to fight, only if someone I love is in danger will I step up to defend
"Death is already staring us in the face, just hasn't decided to kill any of us yet." - Unknown
Jul 6, 2010 5:36 AM
Jun 2008
I will only fight player, not people...
Jul 6, 2010 5:51 AM

Nov 2009
I hate fights. I lost my two front teeth because of it.
Earth gets angry after a kick in the face.
Jul 6, 2010 6:47 AM

Mar 2010
If I could choose I pick no, because I'm afraid of physical pain. But, if someone challenge me, I'll surely don't run away.
Jul 6, 2010 6:53 AM

Jun 2007
I try to avoid fights as I know what real fights are like (take note movies are bullshit) mainly due to me not really wanting to hurt people, but probably will end up doing so when pushed.
[url=TNOG.ORG]Im a bloke that runs games nights, in a pub[/url]
Jul 6, 2010 2:22 PM

Aug 2009
of course, considering ive been in multiple fights. (yes i won all of them, even though some are because my friends jumped in)
Jul 6, 2010 2:33 PM

Feb 2010
I don't fight.
Jul 6, 2010 2:45 PM
Dec 2009
I never started a fight but I have been in a few fights. Most of them were alcohol related.
Shuck Face / Slinthead!
Jul 6, 2010 3:04 PM

May 2010
I avoid fights because they're absolutely senseless. I solve problems with words and if people are too stupid to do the same I simply avoid them.
Jul 6, 2010 3:46 PM

Jun 2007
I don't get into fights. I destroy planets.
Jul 6, 2010 3:50 PM

Dec 2009
Run. Every single time. :)

Jul 6, 2010 3:53 PM

Jun 2009
I don't like violence. I avoid it whenever possible, but if there's some situation where it's the only way to prevent greater violence, I imagine I probably would fight. I believe in taking the path of least suffering, and if that path happens to cause some suffering itself, so long as it prevents greater suffering, then so be it, I'll take it.

... or at least, that's the theory. Am I man enough to live up to my own standards? Who knows? I've never been in any situation that would test that, and would like very much to keep it that way.
Jul 6, 2010 4:00 PM

Oct 2008
Actually, I've always wanted to get in a fight for some reason.

I don't think I'd panic, cos I'm used to fighting (karate - I know it's not like street fights, but we do a bit of different kinds of training).

I don't start fights though, but I wouldn't hesitate if I had to stand up for someone or defend myself.
行けー幼子兵器!あれは木端微塵に粉砕しろ!
Jul 6, 2010 4:16 PM

Apr 2010
Is it considered a fight if the opponent is effortlessly decimated?
Jul 6, 2010 4:57 PM

May 2010
For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 6, 2010 5:12 PM

Sep 2009
Run like there is no tomorrow....very scared of someone hitting my face.
Jul 6, 2010 5:19 PM

Feb 2008
oooo ooo when i was in middle school, i got in a fight and knocked a kids front teeth out. and another one i cut really deep into their arm so it was all bloody. and another one i spat in someones face than tore their hair but i didnt rip it all out. and another one i just kicked and was fist fight. and thats all i ever got into.
Jul 6, 2010 7:34 PM

Jun 2010
I avoid it as much as I can because I don't like fighting very much. But if anyone make the one I love cry I WILL BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF THEM.
Seto_AkariJul 6, 2010 8:13 PM
Jul 6, 2010 7:39 PM

Apr 2010
Surely, I'd avoid a fight as much as possible since I don't really like getting into fights, I just like being left alone.

I prefer logic in solving problems, but if that doesn't get through, and I have no choice but to fight, then I'll go for it without hesitation.

I'd do anything to defend my pride and my friends after all.
Jul 6, 2010 7:40 PM

Aug 2009
Depends on the situation.

A man of few words.
Jul 6, 2010 8:36 PM

Dec 2009
i take martial arts, we live for fights.
Jul 6, 2010 8:46 PM

Feb 2008
musashi7 said:

Not true. You learn martial arts so you can avoid fights, not to beat anyone. Have you ever heard from your teacher, telling you that you should go out and beat someone?
The greatest peak of martial arts is present of martial arts in your mind, but absent in your body. That way you can achieve the greatness and enlightenment of true peak of the martial arts.
Learning martial arts to fight, that is nice, but not great.
Learning martial arts to fight, that was first purpose of all martial arts, but as said above, it's not even any where close to the primary goal of the martial arts.

First purpose of cars, it is to transport people quickly, yet people uses cars to race. Text and literature, its purpose was to communicate between each other from faraway etc., but its first purpose wasn't for writing some novel or for entertainment.
First purposes aren't always the greatest as someone might think.

I would understand if you said: "I take martial arts, I can fight" but "live for fights"? Or maybe you meant, that you do box or teakwondo. I prefer calling them sports rather than martial arts, but generally people call it martial arts (I may be wrong about this).
spupapiJul 6, 2010 8:49 PM
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Jul 6, 2010 8:56 PM

May 2010
spupapi said:
musashi7 said:

Not true. You learn martial arts so you can avoid fights, not to beat anyone. Have you ever heard from your teacher, telling you that you should go out and beat someone?
The greatest peak of martial arts is present of martial arts in your mind, but absent in your body. That way you can achieve the greatness and enlightenment of true peak of the martial arts.
Learning martial arts to fight, that was first purpose of all martial arts, but as said above, it's not even any where close to the primary goal of the martial arts.

First purpose of cars, it is to transport people quickly, yet people uses cars to race. Text and literature, its purpose was to communicate between each other from faraway etc., but its first purpose wasn't for writing some novel or for entertainment.

I would understand if you said: "I take martial arts, I can fight" but "live for fights"? Or maybe you meant, that you do box or teakwondo. I prefer calling them sports rather than martial arts, but generally people call it martial arts (I may be wrong about this).

I think he did mean it as passion. Although in the recent years, martial arts like Taekwondo seem to have turned into a sport rather than an art.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 6, 2010 9:49 PM

Jun 2009
Confucius said:
spupapi said:
musashi7 said:

I think he did mean it as passion. Although in the recent years, martial arts like Taekwondo seem to have turned into a sport rather than an art.
If I can just add my two cents to this...

A martial art, any martial art, is about learning how to fight. That is the fundamental teaching and primary goal. However, in a peace-loving society such as ours, such things are looked down upon, so we get the idea of a martial art not to fight, but to defend or teach discipline. This they do, and do well, but at the core will always remain the art of fighting. The "enlightenment" spupapi was talking is something that is often taught alongside martial arts so that people won't use their skills to bring suffering to others, but martial arts themselves do not give any sort of enlightenment.

For example, I've taken fencing lessons before, and no matter how I look at it, I was learning how to kill people with a sword, nothing more and nothing less. It can be treated as a sport (and is, obviously), but at the end of the day, all it is is fighting techniques.
Jul 6, 2010 10:51 PM

Feb 2008
AbstractCalamity said:
Confucius said:
spupapi said:
musashi7 said:

If I can just add my two cents to this...

A martial art, any martial art, is about learning how to fight. That is the fundamental teaching and primary goal. However, in a peace-loving society such as ours, such things are looked down upon, so we get the idea of a martial art not to fight, but to defend or teach discipline. This they do, and do well, but at the core will always remain the art of fighting. The "enlightenment" spupapi was talking is something that is often taught alongside martial arts so that people won't use their skills to bring suffering to others, but martial arts themselves do not give any sort of enlightenment.

For example, I've taken fencing lessons before, and no matter how I look at it, I was learning how to kill people with a sword, nothing more and nothing less. It can be treated as a sport (and is, obviously), but at the end of the day, all it is is fighting techniques.

I have only thing about this. Person who does martial arts, and does not fight is completely different person from the one, who does not do martial arts and does not fight either.
Chinese martial arts has deep philosophy and meaning, agree with me or disagree, I don't think everyone would understand me anyway. Taichi also belongs to martial arts, and those who can use it during fight must be really good, but in my eyes, that person cannot be called master.

True master of martial arts, is respected by most of the people, thus he is humble, virtuous and courageous.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Jul 6, 2010 11:41 PM

May 2010
You guy need to get out of your little happy zone and walk around the city on a firday night

1 of 3 things will happen 1you get in a fight. 2you run away from niggas. 3you have a really good time
for me it was all of them =]

And if them have weapons RUN LIKE FUCK
Jul 7, 2010 1:46 AM

Sep 2009
I wouldn't purposefully seek out a fight, but I'd definitely fight if I had a reason to. I've been in a few fights, but never anything too serious...

I' guess I've started a fight or two when I was drunk. lol.. not usually the type to do that though. ;)
Jul 7, 2010 2:19 AM

Jul 2009
There's no way you can avoid a fight now a days.
I personally would fight as long as I have a valid reason to or if someone was trying to beat the shit out of me.
And there's always consequences to that.
But you shouldn't go starting fights for no reason though.
あらあら。。。^^
Jul 7, 2010 3:11 AM
Feb 2010
If they were big and obviously going to kick the crap out of me, I'd run.
Jul 7, 2010 3:13 AM
May 2009
Sometimes its best to not avoid a fight, in order to teach them a lesson they will never forget.
Jul 7, 2010 3:21 AM

Sep 2009
Jiynnx said:
If they were big and obviously going to kick the crap out of me, I'd run.

I'd probably run too if there wasn't much of a chance I could win... lol
Jul 7, 2010 3:39 AM

Jul 2010
I fight almost every day at school with my friends.
I don't know if this really counts as a fight .
But sometimes we get serious so im get used to fight.
Jul 7, 2010 3:43 AM

Nov 2008
I inevitably got into a fight when I was 15. Other than that, I'd still choose to runaway if possible.
Jul 7, 2010 3:53 AM

Jun 2007
AbstractCalamity said:
Confucius said:
spupapi said:
musashi7 said:
Read top of page.
Read top of the page

Ima gonna adda my thoughts on this

Martial arts black belts dont mean shit in a real fight.
Belts are just good for holding your pants up (and probably a weapon if you can get it loose in time then comes another prob of keeping your pants up)
A chav on the street will never do a round house kick
They will never wait for you to stand up
They rarely fight one one one
Stances? buh what's that?
Blocking? Is that like bricking it?
Virtue and honer aren't they clubs?
Joint locks? Is that a place to put my weed?
Thats basically what they think
While you are busy worrying about your stance and footing they will probably have you on the ground stomping on your face.
Keep martial arts to the arena just hurt them (but in keeping with the wonderful laws in the UK not so bad that they can live the rest of there life's on incapacity benefit)
If they are there gob in there eye(easy for people like me in summer), kick them in the balls anything you or they hold can be used as a weapon FIGHT DIRTY AS THATS WHAT THEY WILL DO!
Jul 7, 2010 3:55 AM
May 2009
Darkprinny said:
AbstractCalamity said:
Confucius said:
spupapi said:
musashi7 said:
Read top of page.
Read top of the page

Belts are just good for holding your pants up (and probably a weapon if you can get it loose in time then comes another prob of keeping your pants up)
While you are busy worrying about your stance and footing they will probably have you on the ground stomping on your face.
Keep martial arts to the arena just hurt them (but in keeping with the wonderful laws in the UK not so bad that they can live the rest of there life's on incapacity benefit)
If they are there gob in there eye(easy for people like me in summer), kick them in the balls anything you or they hold can be used as a weapon FIGHT DIRTY AS THATS WHAT THEY WILL DO!

Thats the best way to win, I usually go for the throat, the eyes, the nose, and the ears.
Jul 7, 2010 3:58 AM

Jun 2007
shintai88 said:
Thats the best way to win, I usually go for the throat, the eyes, the nose, and the ears.

Exactly.
But the eyes are kinda hard to hit.
A small part of the face.
On the head that is the easiest thing to move.
A good punch on the chin (ok punch if done right)or head (make em see stars as if they are reading heat)
Jul 7, 2010 4:12 AM
May 2009
Darkprinny said:
shintai88 said:

Exactly.
But the eyes are kinda hard to hit.
A small part of the face.
On the head that is the easiest thing to move.
A good punch on the chin (ok punch if done right)or head (make em see stars as if they are reading heat)

A good head butt is also a good way to down them quickly.
Jul 7, 2010 4:13 AM
May 2009
ancientmagic said:
Darkprinny said:

Having a good knowledge of martial arts would definitely help in a fight. Y u trying to say it wouldn't? If you were a MMA fighter (for example), you'd obviously have a better chance to win a random fight.

True you would have a higher chance to win the fight. But experience is everything. You can know all teh techniques in the world. But with no experience you will lose easily.
Jul 7, 2010 4:36 AM

Nov 2009
Next Train Out by Franco
♪♫So i have to go, run as fast as I can♪♫
♪♫Who will have to save me?♪♫
I don't own a gun or any fancy weapons, and i will never try to be...so anyone who has a weapon in hand, and while im barehanded, refer to the song above, it's my reply...

Jul 7, 2010 4:48 AM

Jun 2007
ancientmagic said:

Having a good knowledge of martial arts would definitely help in a fight. Y u trying to say it wouldn't? If you were a MMA fighter (for example), you'd obviously have a better chance to win a random fight.

A lot of MMA guys try to avoid street fights as they are uncontrolled (watch the recent UFC when one of them got kicked in the balls ( I forget the guys name but it was some Japanese guy now try to fight in that kinda of pain)
shintai88 said:

A good head butt is also a good way to down them quickly.

Head buts are not the best as they hurt both people.
Unless your into your punk (I dont mean frigin Green Day)and have studs in there
ancientmagic said:
shintai88 said:

True you would have a higher chance to win the fight. But experience is everything. You can know all teh techniques in the world. But with no experience you will lose easily.

Yeah, I agree that experience is very important. You get better at fighting the more you do it, just like anything else.

That is true
Dont I dont think going out there and starting with anyone is a good idea.
1001 techniques in your mind and you get taken down by somebody that just has a damn good right
Jul 7, 2010 4:54 AM

Apr 2007
I'm a girl who probably couldn't defend herself if her life depended on it.

So, uh, no. I try to stay away from drama at school w/ the girls who actually do fight because I know for a fact I can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk LOL

I know if I was in a life/death situation I'd probably die because I'm really really weak ;S lol

Jul 7, 2010 5:58 AM

Feb 2007
I have been in some fight mostly drunk related xD i didnt start em thou, only time i would enter a fight is if there is a good reason for it or im drunk cuz then everything feels like a good reason to fight :P
Jul 7, 2010 7:12 AM

Jun 2007
careohx said:
"getting into a fight is really stupid.

Unless it's totally unavoidable don't start one or get into one."

fighting is the ultimate form of self expression
in the end it always comes down to violence

Avoidance is the best way.
Like I said street fights these days are never one on one.
If its one of those rare cases where its just somebody trying to be hard its best to see if theres any one near by that might join in
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» Is there sexual tension between the two avatars above? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

IpreferEcchi - May 3, 2018

2499 by R-unknown »»
18 seconds ago

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

7149 by Rizz_Khalifa »»
5 minutes ago

» What color represents the above user? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KlldbyCuriosity - Aug 24, 2018

6830 by L0bsterman »»
6 minutes ago

» This or That? v6 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - May 6, 2022

5795 by L0bsterman »»
8 minutes ago

» Your first impression of the user above you v.7 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - May 18, 2023

573 by izuma »»
8 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.