Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Post New Reply
Poll: Would you fight?

Jul 7, 2010 4:54 AM

I'm a girl who probably couldn't defend herself if her life depended on it.

So, uh, no. I try to stay away from drama at school w/ the girls who actually do fight because I know for a fact I can talk the talk but cannot walk the walk LOL

I know if I was in a life/death situation I'd probably die because I'm really really weak ;S lol

Jul 7, 2010 5:58 AM

I have been in some fight mostly drunk related xD i didnt start em thou, only time i would enter a fight is if there is a good reason for it or im drunk cuz then everything feels like a good reason to fight :P

Jul 7, 2010 6:34 AM
"getting into a fight is really stupid.

Unless it's totally unavoidable don't start one or get into one."

fighting is the ultimate form of self expression
in the end it always comes down to violence

Jul 7, 2010 7:12 AM

careohx said:
"getting into a fight is really stupid.

Unless it's totally unavoidable don't start one or get into one."

fighting is the ultimate form of self expression
in the end it always comes down to violence

Avoidance is the best way.
Like I said street fights these days are never one on one.
If its one of those rare cases where its just somebody trying to be hard its best to see if theres any one near by that might join in
[url=TNOG.ORG]Im a bloke that runs games nights, in a pub[/url]

Jul 8, 2010 2:26 AM

Darkprinny said:
AbstractCalamity said:
Confucius said:
spupapi said:
musashi7 said:
i take martial arts, we live for fights.

Ima gonna adda my thoughts on this

Martial arts black belts dont mean shit in a real fight.
Belts are just good for holding your pants up (and probably a weapon if you can get it loose in time then comes another prob of keeping your pants up)
A chav on the street will never do a round house kick
They will never wait for you to stand up
They rarely fight one one one
Stances? buh what's that?
Blocking? Is that like bricking it?
Virtue and honer aren't they clubs?
Joint locks? Is that a place to put my weed?
Thats basically what they think
While you are busy worrying about your stance and footing they will probably have you on the ground stomping on your face.
Keep martial arts to the arena just hurt them (but in keeping with the wonderful laws in the UK not so bad that they can live the rest of there life's on incapacity benefit)
If they are there gob in there eye(easy for people like me in summer), kick them in the balls anything you or they hold can be used as a weapon FIGHT DIRTY AS THATS WHAT THEY WILL DO!

Stances are important, there are many kinds of martial arts. The one for self defense, and the one for performance. Stances such as mabu or the one that are usualy in Karate, aren't supposed to be used in real life. You can check my blog about street fighting if you want. Calling stances are useless, haha, you should study martial arts more before you can say anything, and please, you do not have to prove me you do it for xxx years - many people would almost always argue with me, that they do it for long time so they know everything about it...
Real life defense like wing chun has ugly stances etc., but it is still essential. You may not use any stances, you could win against those weak ones, but not against who are strong, and for sure not those who practice martial arts. But it is less likely that two people who does martial arts would fight with each other. People who learns tends to be peaceful and calm.
And stances such as Luohans one are beatiful, but useless in real life. But there's no one stupid enough to use those stances, it only serves as to perform during dui lian performances or different kind of.

Martial arts are not called arts for nothing you know.

Thats the best way to win, I usually go for the throat, the eyes, the nose, and the ears.

When it comes to fighting, hitting necks and eyes are only used when you are facing the strong opponent. I wouldn't use it on someone who's weaker than me, that'd cowardish. But I get you, you just meant that it is best way how to win.

The best way to win is to hit throat, neck and eyes? And guess what, I still have better way how to win. How?
I do not fight at all.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Jul 8, 2010 3:34 AM

I already have been in fights. Never fought with a girl though.

Jul 8, 2010 4:03 AM

Yammin said:

You fought with boys? How big are you? And the idiots started a fight with a girl?

Anyway. I can't say i won't fight since i have been in more fights that i can count in my life already. I even had a few visits to the hospital from getting beaten up. That kind of stopped now that am getting older and live in a different environment.
If you chicken out in a fight you might regret it. You start to build a cowards mentality. If you feel you have to defend yourself or your honor then you must not back down. But still don't be an idiot and pick fights with people just for the hell of it.
I'm not a big guy but i can take a hit amazingly well, am tough as nails, always getting up no matter how hard you hit me and if it's a serious fight then i fight like a mad dog. So if you ain't a lot stronger than me, you have a good chance of losing if it's one on one.

Jul 8, 2010 4:11 AM

Controlled fighting is nice but if the participants are strong, serious injury or death could occur. So i normally decline fights. Just relax take a beer and a joint!

Jul 8, 2010 4:45 PM

anyone picking a fight in the streets should do that knowing that he could get stabbed for something as stupid.

seriously, if you know theres only one opponent - take him down, if his head hits the concrete before yours do, its your win.

if you happen to stare some bad dude in the eyes, and he engages you saying something like : bro need a hug? just act curious - asking if its not your good old friend "adam" then try shaking hands, ask if its all good then state you do not want any trouble.

worked for me, im a big dude, but I dont pick fights in the streets. and idc for streetrespect, it aint worth shit if youre dead.

Jul 9, 2010 12:08 AM

Monad said:
Yammin said:

You fought with boys? How big are you? And the idiots started a fight with a girl?

Lol, not very. 5"2 and pretty average weight, but I have a tendency to blow a fuse if someone's trying to give me crap. No, the boys wouldn't throw the first hit (but one did barge me) but I guess technically they did start the fight since they pissed me off first.

I've become a lot more mellow now.

Jul 9, 2010 7:21 AM

I went to one of the most FUCKED up high schools in my city, there were fights on a weekly basis, looking back at it, I have no idea how I was never involved in any of my own.

I got into a lot of arguments with many types of people, I guess in the end I never crossed the line and it also helped that I am pretty tall.

Jul 9, 2010 11:07 AM

ancientmagic said:
Anyways, I carry a knife sometimes.. usually I'm unarmed though. I don't think I'd ever use a weapon like a knife or a gun in a fight unless I thought I was going to die..
I always carry a good multi-tool or Swiss army knife, but rarely anything serious. I only carry a serious knife if I'm out camping or hiking or some other wilderness outing.

I've always wondered if it was legal to carry a sword in public, because while I have no experience or skill in fist fights, give me a sword, and I can fight pretty well (and I mean against other people with swords, too). And against someone unarmed or with a wimpy little knife, who even needs skill when you've got a sword? The only bigger weapon is a gun, and I have no intention of carrying a gun.

And plus, it's just be cool to have a sword at my side. :)

Jul 9, 2010 11:28 AM

AbstractCalamity said:
ancientmagic said:
Anyways, I carry a knife sometimes.. usually I'm unarmed though. I don't think I'd ever use a weapon like a knife or a gun in a fight unless I thought I was going to die..
I always carry a good multi-tool or Swiss army knife, but rarely anything serious. I only carry a serious knife if I'm out camping or hiking or some other wilderness outing.

I've always wondered if it was legal to carry a sword in public, because while I have no experience or skill in fist fights, give me a sword, and I can fight pretty well (and I mean against other people with swords, too). And against someone unarmed or with a wimpy little knife, who even needs skill when you've got a sword? The only bigger weapon is a gun, and I have no intention of carrying a gun.

Lets bring back the age of the samurai, baby!

Jul 9, 2010 12:04 PM

zharnotczar said:
AbstractCalamity said:
ancientmagic said:

Yes! Let's go back to times when you actually needed skill to kill someone, and honor actually meant something.

Jul 9, 2010 12:23 PM

AbstractCalamity said:
zharnotczar said:
AbstractCalamity said:
ancientmagic said:

Yes! Let's go back to times when you actually needed skill to kill someone, and honor actually meant something.
So I'm not the only one that actually likes that idea? Maybe I've just read too many stories and watched too much anime, but the idea is attractive.

Jul 9, 2010 12:47 PM

AbstractCalamity said:
zharnotczar said:
AbstractCalamity said:
ancientmagic said:

You will be surprised, very surprised.

Jul 9, 2010 1:51 PM

Once or twice, about 5/6 years ago. I usually punch and kick my opponent xD

Jul 9, 2010 2:27 PM

Well, I trained Judo for a year, and when I entered a 'fighting-situation' I was kinda hoping it would help. Though as a white belt, I suddenly realized that the only thing I remembered was how to land safely on your feet by rolling around right before you hit the floor.

and well...I was a rolling cannon ball on the floor for quite some time while screaming '' I KNOW JUDO''. >.> Hereby I will run away and spare myself the humiliation.

Sep 30, 2010 12:13 AM

I guess so. If i really need to, then yeah.

Sep 30, 2010 12:23 AM

I avoid fighting at all costs and would only do it if absolutely necessary. Not that I am super weak or anything.

Sep 30, 2010 5:56 AM

Got into fights all the time in elementary and middle school. Although I was the one always beaten. :/
Good thing I smartened up in high school.

Sep 30, 2010 6:34 AM

I haven't been in one since elementary school, unless you count in the occasional scuffle in the army.

But really, what's the point? I don't have a reason to go around inciting fights, and you'll have to use some sort of berserk spell to get me angry enough to attack someone.
Of course, I wouldn't have any trouble going on the offensive in a armed conflict, but getting orders, having a squad and guns is obviously a completely different situation from beating up some sod on the street.

Eigi man ek þá lǫg jómsvikinga ef ek kviði við bana eða mæla ek æðruorð. Eitt sinn skal hverr deyja

Sep 30, 2010 10:26 AM

I would never be afraid to fight someone if I was pissed off enough or felt obliged to do so, but I hardly see reason to incite them. I usually just mock and insult people I find to be deplorably obnoxious and/or idiotic. Usually people try to start fights with me who are on the lower end of the intellectual spectrum, but generally I know it's best to not waste my time getting into fights with such morons.

Sep 30, 2010 12:50 PM

Not scared, I have a brown belt in Ju-Jitsu and 3 years of kickboxing experience, so I think I have the upper hand?

Sep 30, 2010 12:57 PM

Physical fights are one of my biggest fears.
I won't ever start one and I avoid place in which I might be caught up in one.
I don't have the strength to defend myself - I'm very weak physically and after the accident I had this year, things turned to worse in this matter.
So I'd run away because I actually fear I might get the crap beat out of me.

Sep 30, 2010 1:13 PM

i love to fight. i always get into random fights with people that start stuff with me. where i live we have a game called 30 seconds were 2 people stand toe to toe and pound on each other till the times up. here you have to be careful who you fight though because majority of the teenagers here have guns...

Sep 30, 2010 2:44 PM

I have fought before and I'd do it again if someone was about to hurt me. However, I would run away if I was outnumbered or definitely going to lose.

Sep 30, 2010 7:16 PM

most of the people in my last school couldnt be reasoned with at all...and there is no such thing as not going to a fight since they dont set a time and place...its always "here and now" even in a classroom...our teacher didnt really care either...i would only choose to fight for a just reason but that only happened once...i always am the first person to get targeted so i have to end it fast :/

Sep 30, 2010 7:54 PM

I couldn't, I'm the kind of person that likes stays under the radar in public, mostly school. Even if I was in a fight, I wouldn't enjoy it, I rather verbally abuse my enemies rather than physical. If only I had enemies...-.-

Feb 21, 2011 5:33 PM

ya mabey if i needed to, to help a friend or if somebody wanted to fight me

though i dont think id be that good ^^"

Feb 21, 2011 6:33 PM

I have been in numerous fights already, mainly out of self defense though. I don't manage well. xD

Feb 21, 2011 7:36 PM

I'm not proud of it but I've been in many fights.
But I didn't start not a single one of them.

Feb 22, 2011 3:48 AM

I would agree that fighting does make one feel alive; it produces an adrenaline rush with no equal, unless we consider sexual intercourse...

However, I personally try to avoid fighting. I don't really want to hurt anyone, and I don't want to be hurt.

Still, even though I haven't been in a legitimate fight since I was about 10, I have a feeling I'd love it if I got into a fight these days.

Feb 22, 2011 2:14 PM

Try not to fight, but when the situation calls, be a man and defend what you love!

Feb 22, 2011 2:46 PM

LulzWorthy said:
I would agree that fighting does make one feel alive; it produces an adrenaline rush with no equal, unless we consider sexual intercourse...

Sometimes, people mix the two together for an even bigger rush.

L2 Search - http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/236/3/9/L2_Search_by_Siya_Akuma.jpg
We're all getting trolled by Mayans. They probably thought "Fuck this shit, let's end the calendar and say shit's gonna go down."

Feb 22, 2011 3:36 PM

I've never intentionally started a fight, but wound up in a few at school over the years. Got out of most on top but I did duck out of one or two.

Feb 22, 2011 3:36 PM

I would only fight if someone seriously pissed causing me to lost control of my emotions and If i knew I could beat his/her ass. If I seriously lose it, then I would fight regardless of winning or losing the fight. In fights which involves potentially very harmful outcomes I would only fight for a very good reason or for my life.

I've never gotten in a serious fight before because for the most part I have control and most people who agitate me are idiots. Plus, I generally get along with most people to begin with and I tend to be passive in nature.

Feb 22, 2011 4:04 PM

first off no one messes with my friends and family. 2nd no one messes with me. I have a degree of how much anger i can contain but eventually ill burst and snap someones leg in half. almost happened in football lockeroom, i ran someones head into the wall and was prepared to cave in his face. disrepecting my team is the 3rd!!!!
this is my god damn signature.

Feb 22, 2011 4:08 PM
No I'm a coward :-)
I don't like it when I see people fighting

Feb 22, 2011 5:10 PM

I don't like to fight. But when i was younger I got into a few. You know, pick on the quiet kid stuff. Well one day in middle school I just couldn't take it anymore, someone was pushing me around, a fight started, and during it I snapped and I took my belt off and whooped him. I really regret that day because people saw me in a different way and I got the wrong type of attention afterward and people started to judge me and my character. Which I can understand in a way. As of right now, I avoid any and all confrontations. Strange story, I know...

Feb 22, 2011 6:50 PM

Yeah I used to get in them a lot. won some and lost some but getting your ass kicked really isn't a very big deal. I don't do it much now since I'm 18 and there are legal issues and I'm more level headed. I think in general unless I fought someone really good at fighting I would win, not cause I'm particularly big but cause I lose it and can keep going no matter how much they hit me. But yeah I avoid them cause they're pretty pointless

Feb 22, 2011 7:06 PM

I don't mind getting in a fight if i'm really pissed off, which I usually am not.

Feb 22, 2011 8:29 PM

Haven't gotten into a fight since elementary. I don't really know what I would do now, though, if I were to be thrown into that kind of situation. I guess it would depend on who I'm supposed to fight and what's at stake.

Feb 23, 2011 5:43 AM

I'm a lover not a fighter.
I AM THE GREAT PRUSSIA AND I AM AWESOME!!!!

Feb 23, 2011 5:46 AM

If i see a valid reason to then yes. Maybe would reconsider it anyway if i see a mayor risk of receiving a bad beating.

Feb 23, 2011 6:00 AM

I don't mind fighting, but the reason for it has to be a good one, so I won't be in trouble. I only result to fighting if speech doesn't help, and that happens rarely or in my case, it won't happen..

When I was in Italy, someone tried to pickpocket me, I noticed his hand movements in a glass window on the left side of me. I turned arround, looked him straight in the eyes and he backed down immediatly..

8 years of karate does miracles :|

Feb 23, 2011 3:25 PM

Violence is always an answer or will solve any problem. Whether it's the best answer and will solve the problem how you want it to will vary on the situation; but it is always an answer none the less.

L2 Search - http://fc04.deviantart.com/fs48/f/2009/236/3/9/L2_Search_by_Siya_Akuma.jpg
We're all getting trolled by Mayans. They probably thought "Fuck this shit, let's end the calendar and say shit's gonna go down."

Feb 24, 2011 12:58 AM

I have gotten in a few fights before, nothing too serious tho
so basically if I need to, I will fight |: tho solving things through speaking sounds more reasonable haha

Feb 24, 2011 1:07 AM

I despise violence, so no, never been in a fight.

I have a bit of a habit of trying to break up fights outside clubs though... usually when drunk. However, violent wasted folk don't seem to appreciate being told not to fight so I've taken a couple of punches for that reason. ;D

Feb 24, 2011 1:54 AM
NTR ♥

I Would If I was Buff And All that , Im A Weakling xD
I Would Fight For My Friends :p

Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »