Forum Settings
Forums
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Post New Reply
Poll: Would you fight?

Jul 5, 2010 1:59 PM
I've always wondered if people would actually get in fights in real life like they do in anime a lot. Would you not be afraid to get beat up, why would you fight, and do you think you would win?

Me personally would get in a fight if I had the reasons, i would probably get the Sh** beat out of me but i would try XD

Jul 5, 2010 2:00 PM

You need to get out more.

Jul 5, 2010 2:02 PM

The superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone

Jul 5, 2010 2:03 PM
Hmmm, Never got into a fight on purpose, But have gotten into a fight to preotect some friends, only to be out number ridiculously by 9 to 1. Seriosuly hopeless situation that I was fortuante to get away with only a blow to the head.

Jul 5, 2010 2:04 PM

Where's the option that you just don't show up to the fight?

Jul 5, 2010 2:13 PM

BUTTHURT said:
You need to get out more.

Yup.

I haven't started a fight, but I sure as hell finished the ones I've been in.

Really nothing to look forward to.... pretty much a stupid waste of time. :/

Jul 5, 2010 2:13 PM

I would run away if the fight was meaningless.

If someone was trying to steal something from me or whatever, then I might fight back. But if it's like "YOU LOOK AT ME THE WRONG WAY???" then I'd just leave.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum

Jul 5, 2010 2:16 PM

Already happened numerous times. Mostly in elementary and middle school though. XD

Jul 5, 2010 2:22 PM

AngelKing said:
I've always wondered if people would actually get in fights in real life like they do in anime a lot. Would you not be afraid to get beat up, why would you fight, and do you think you would win?

Me personally would get in a fight if I had the reasons, i would probably get the Sh** beat out of me but i would try XD

Go getem Tiger, use your anime instinct

Jul 5, 2010 2:23 PM

Well, it depends to situation. If subject stupidly then i'll go.

Jul 5, 2010 2:25 PM

Erm, probably not unless it was a life or death situation.
Can't think of anything that would be worth spending time in/risking your life for in a physical brawl.

Jul 5, 2010 2:30 PM

Zahlzeit said:
Can't think of anything that would be worth spending time in/risking your life for in a physical brawl.

This makes sense. Ill go along with this.

Jul 5, 2010 2:43 PM

Yeah...Plenty of people get into fights.

I remember in school I stood up to a bully, and w fought for 5 minutes until finally the teacher came back, broke it up, and then he was suspended.

Jul 5, 2010 2:44 PM

Zahlzeit said:

This. Also, never been in a fight and I don't intend to.
No matter how good you are at something,
there's always about a million people better than you.

Jul 5, 2010 2:55 PM

It's pointless unless someone's starting it with me. That's why I always carry a sharp object in my pocket when I leave the house.

Jul 5, 2010 2:58 PM

I wouldn't start a fight. If I have no choice however, I will fight back. I can take being insulted, and a fight gets people nowhere. And it also depends, a fist fight? weapon fight? I'll do a fist fight only.

Jul 5, 2010 3:26 PM

Haven't been in a fight since 8th grade.

Jul 5, 2010 3:27 PM

getting into a fight is really stupid.

Unless it's totally unavoidable don't start one or get into one.

I've been in a few serious fights where guns and knifes have been pulled. I've managed to walk away relativity unscathed. I have always walked away from it with a feeling of absolute rage. Being helpless or powerless to fight back is the worst feeling, which is why I hate police.

I have a problem with the powers that be I always have. Being a stupid pacifist I always relied on my wit to get me out of situation. There is nothing more dangerous than a person who cannot accept defeat. The last resort is to attack physically or sexually.

I learned that it doesn't matter if you are right or wrong, it matter how you can affect the situation eventually.

Swallowing your pride and taking a verbal beating over a physical one is better but it just makes your ego even more insane.

I remember when I first joined the internet revolution, I was filled with hope for a better way of communication. I was sure that educating people with undisputed facts was going to not only help enlighten myself by others along the way. The reality was a retarded population of mindless sexual deviants. The internet had failed it's one true purpose. All of a sudden I found myself in a midst of people who would say the stupidest thing to deflect their ignorant views( now knows as trolling), even worse I found that once again the powers in control were people who had power but wielded it like a child with a gun. The first chat rooms I went in had bots that banned you for saying WTF or any swear words at all, it just made me insane and impotent with rage, of course violence was never an outcome, except maybe becoming really depressed at the global situation. I also found out that people were becoming more violent in real life as well, being ''pwned'' on the internet made people in pubs and clubs even more likely to try to inflict physical abuse on you if you showed the same kind of ''smart alec response''. If you got banned from a site or de-friended on facebook all of a sudden a fight would break out if they had contact with the person in real life. Doors were being shut everywhere and the already closed off world was becoming even more shut in and shut out than ever before. Socioculturally the internet gave birth to a new bread of villain who would hide behind a façade of terror and the shadows ready to inflict major damage to real life persons. It also gave birth to super groups, gang culture was already a bad thing but limited to a few people, suddenly more organised gangs and cults were being formed all within the safety of anonymous. Physical violence was a threat not only now used by police, but by anyone who was smart enough to set up and underground network of similar individuals. whereas politics groups or individuals that were considered small and ignorant, now banded together to form massive status, the birth of internet ''neo nazi'' cults was now at it's peak organized dangerous and intelligent.

For people like me who live alone, have never fit into social groups, being amidst of governmental powers which have always been questionable along with the now more powerful and organised gang cultures getting into a fight might mean death.

I gave up fighting professionally as well, proving you can beat someone in a fair fight is pointless when confronted by three or four people with knifes and gun. The best self defence is to just let them do what they need to, hope they don't kill you and if they do take the death as dignified as possible.

The last fight I was in was walking down the road, I had obviously upset someone and they decided they would attack me, I woke up on the floor not knowing what had happened with a scar on my head and a broken jaw, the last thing I remembered was some guy asking me for the time by a group of 5 people passing me on the street. I must have done something to piss them off, I know I had hit on a few girls that night, with no luck and perhaps that was the reason.

I have always tried to be a good person, I have not always succeeded, but violence has never been my way, except that few years of professional fighting which was more for sport and fun and exercise, nobody was ever hurt badly I certainly didn't inflict anything more than an occasion black eye because of not wearing fist pads and getting a bit too happy with my punches.

This is a violent world, you have to figure out what kind of a person you are. Are you a fighter or a pacifist? I after reading many books on TAO, and every major religion but focusing more on the Buddhist path of correct action leading to enlightenment decided to take a more peaceful path in life which comes with a whole new set of rules and problems mainly emotional. Or are you a fighter and if so how far are you willing to go to prove you are the best.

After all of this violence in my life I just want to not see anyone ever again. To me people are crazy they can make your life miserable for no other reason that because they can. I have no love for the nerds who rule the internet, but I wouldn't bash their heads in just because I was butt hurt over something.

But one thing is clear I don;t fit into either social group, and one other thing has become clear, I don't want to either.

There is no such thing a a fair fight, unless you are fighting professionally, and if you are get ready for a few bruises and possible knock outs.

Jul 5, 2010 3:31 PM

Never pissed anyone off irl, so no, no fights for me.

Jul 5, 2010 3:40 PM

Sempie said:
Yeah...Plenty of people get into fights.

I remember in school I stood up to a bully, and w fought for 5 minutes until finally the teacher came back, broke it up, and then he was suspended.

You didn't got suspended but he did? was it a really a fight or more of your getting jump

Jul 5, 2010 3:42 PM
I've been in a fight before, but the guy was a friend of mine. I don't know if I'd fight a total stranger, that could be dangerous.

Jul 5, 2010 3:45 PM

I wish I could get in a fight some day.

Just one of those things I wanna experience.

Jul 5, 2010 4:08 PM

I will only fight to protect my friends or if theirs a valid reason for me to fight.

I haven't lost a fight yet though but I wouldn't mind experiencing defeat one day.

Jul 5, 2010 4:18 PM

fighting is fun.

great adrenaline rush, great way to feel alive.

Jul 5, 2010 4:37 PM

I may do it if I was strong, but I'm not, so no fighting for me.

Jul 5, 2010 4:41 PM

Hey, Its better to die on your feet than to live on your knees.

Jul 5, 2010 4:53 PM

I can win without a fight.
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".
News for VN immigrants in EU: vietinfo.eu

Jul 5, 2010 4:58 PM

Akamitsu said:
It's pointless unless someone's starting it with me. That's why I always carry a sharp object in my pocket when I leave the house.

I do hope you're either joking, or you at least never intend to use it.

Seriously.

On topic, I've been in fights, I've never lost yet thanks to judo and kickboxing training.
Also, almost everyone would get into a fight for the right reasons, you just have to judge what is the right reason, and if you stand a chance of winning.

Jul 5, 2010 5:02 PM

I haven't gotten into one fight since I've entered high school but I've been confronted with situations where a fight could of arisen.

I really hate fighting, but if someone is going to jump me, I don't really care.
I might as well fight back, I'm going to get hurt anyways.
I might as well beat the crap out of whoever I can.

It's not like running will help if you're gonna get jumped, they'll come again.

I tend to try be friendly with everyone in real life so it's not really a problem with me.

Jul 5, 2010 5:06 PM

spupapi said:

That made me smile

Jul 5, 2010 5:12 PM

Akamitsu said:

That's why I always carry a nunchacks with me, so I'd be able to defend against idiots like you, who uses sharp objects. You know, nunchacks are stronger, longer and pretty much portable, plus you can beat anyone without killing him if you wanted. The knife is dangerous and especially when you don't even know how to use it.
zhartnoczar said:

Fighting is something, which I would wish for everyone not to experience it. It is better to take some boxing gloves on and spar rather than fighting for real.
Even if you were a master in martial arts, you never know who is your enemy and what he brings with him (like the guy above who brings a knife), thus you can never predict what's the outcome.

Confucius said:
spupapi said:

That made me smile

I thought you were interested in chinese philosophy. This is one of the teachings of taoism and taichi, did you not know that?
The Tao that can be told is not the eternal Tao. The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things.
I do not recall, Jesus ever saying "build churches, temples, and kill those who doesn't follow christianity..." nor he said "christianity is religion".

Jul 5, 2010 5:15 PM

spupapi said:
zhartnoczar said:

Fighting is something, which I would wish for everyone not to experience it. It is better to take some boxing gloves on and spar rather than fighting for real.
Even if you were a master in martial arts, you never know who is your enemy and what he brings with him (like the guy above who brings a knife), thus you can never predict what's the outcome.
I just mean, like, a schoolyard fight.

Jul 5, 2010 5:16 PM

If it was something worth fighting about, yeah. Otherwise no, I wouldn't waste my time and energy.

Jul 5, 2010 5:27 PM

spupapi said:

Confucius said:
spupapi said:

That made me smile

I thought you were interested in chinese philosophy. This is one of the teachings of taoism and taichi, did you not know that?

It was a comment of respect

Jul 5, 2010 5:32 PM
I've parted fights, been in quite a handful and walked away from even more.

Jul 5, 2010 5:47 PM

Confucius said:
spupapi said:

Confucius said:
spupapi said:

That made me smile

Sorry, I thought you were laughing at me. I can't recognize what kind of smile people has on their face on the internet.

Jul 5, 2010 5:50 PM

spupapi said:
Confucius said:
spupapi said:

Confucius said:
spupapi said:

That made me smile

Sorry, I thought you were laughing at me. I can't recognize what kind of smile people has on their face on the internet.

Yeah sorry about that, I had difficulty when I was typing that up because I did not want it to be ambiguous. Maybe I should have just left it with a "=)"

Jul 5, 2010 6:23 PM

zharnotczar said:
spupapi said:
zhartnoczar said:

LOL, school yard brawls get you suspended though.
Not exactly a good "merit" to put on your report.

Jul 5, 2010 6:28 PM

Sucrose said:
zharnotczar said:
spupapi said:
zhartnoczar said:

He probably meant just a fight between friends. Fight for fun.

Jul 5, 2010 6:38 PM

i think fighting, fighting like most of people in my high school do, is really stupid. violence is not the answer. -finger wag-
but... i guess i shouldn't be talking, cause i can be violent sometimes, but only with my brother. x_x;; other than that, i don't fight with others. and i'd probably lose anyway since i'm so weak.

Jul 5, 2010 6:46 PM

starshin3 said:
i think fighting, fighting like most of people in my high school do, is really stupid. violence is not the answer. -finger wag-
but... i guess i shouldn't be talking, cause i can be violent sometimes, but only with my brother. x_x;; other than that, i don't fight with others. and i'd probably lose anyway since i'm so weak.

That is sparring

Jul 5, 2010 6:54 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Well it's hard getting in a fight and hope once it's over everything goes back to normal because sadly that's not the case these days. So I would choose to run away unless your ready to take on his/her friends the next day. As a adult, I wouldn't even try it. To many sue and press charges over every little thing. Simple fights don't exist anymore.

Jul 5, 2010 7:04 PM
I've fought many times and they were pretty much all during my high school years. Most of my fights have been with friends or rather acquaintances. We joke around for a bit then things get serious and then we just duke it out. Then, we pretty much just laugh about it after we knock each others faces in. It's not really uncommon amongst the teenage male population, at least that's what I've gathered from my experiene.

Jul 5, 2010 8:34 PM

im not like someone who's just weak im on my schools basketball team but i enjoy anime at the same time. i also tried weight lifting while watching anime but i don't follow the story very well

Jul 5, 2010 8:44 PM

AngelKing said:

Real life is just like anime, like this one fight I got in with my friend about who was driving home:

I jumped hastily into my argent knightmare frame and quickly scrambled to turn on the operating system. My knightmare, 343 Guilty Spark, lit up like fireworks, shining its luminous headlights onto the ebon encasement of my friend's votom. My friend's violent screams of anger reverberated throughout the dark parking lot; I knew what I had to do. I brandished the Guilty's blade, Angel Beats, and pushed on the throttle with all my might. I charged at him, I yelled, I cried. The last sounds I heard were the anguished mumblings of my friend; "yo..u. . .win..." The smell of blood and motor burn assailed my nostrils. I sought victory, and I attained it. Then I raised my tremendous sword and thrust it into the dawn sky. Guilty Spark and I flew away, into the radiance of the rising sun.

No it's not like anime you fucking faggot.

Jul 5, 2010 9:02 PM

spupapi said:
Sucrose said:
zharnotczar said:
spupapi said:
zhartnoczar said:

He probably meant just a fight between friends. Fight for fun.
I've actually wanted to start up a casual fighting thing between some of my friends.

Deesnuts said:
AngelKing said:

Real life is just like anime, like this one fight I got in with my friend about who was driving home:

I jumped hastily into my argent knightmare frame and quickly scrambled to turn on the operating system. My knightmare, 343 Guilty Spark, lit up like fireworks, shining its luminous headlights onto the ebon encasement of my friend's votom. My friend's violent screams of anger reverberated throughout the dark parking lot; I knew what I had to do. I brandished the Guilty's blade, Angel Beats, and pushed on the throttle with all my might. I charged at him, I yelled, I cried. The last sounds I heard were the anguished mumblings of my friend; "yo..u. . .win..." The smell of blood and motor burn assailed my nostrils. I sought victory, and I attained it. Then I raised my tremendous sword and thrust it into the dawn sky. Guilty Spark and I flew away, into the radiance of the rising sun.

/thread

Jul 5, 2010 9:10 PM

Deesnuts said:
AngelKing said:

/win

Jul 5, 2010 9:11 PM

I almost got into one in high school. Someone was being a jerk, so I threw some of my food in his face. Then tried to hold me up by the shirt collar and my friends tried to stop him, and then the school staff came to break us up and we got detention.

So, well, maybe...?

Jul 5, 2010 9:22 PM

Fui said:
I almost got into one in high school. Someone was being a jerk, so I threw some of my food in his face. Then tried to hold me up by the shirt collar and my friends tried to stop him, and then the school staff came to break us up and we got detention.

So, well, maybe...?

They still punish students with detention?

Jul 5, 2010 9:23 PM

To be charged with assault and battery... even though they're minor... still not worth it.
Click on this. I dare you. | MAL Fantasy Football League | Currently Watching List

RWBY Club. RWBY is anime. Deal with it.

Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »