Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 »
Sep 8, 2014 1:48 AM

Oct 2013
One of the best series-starting episodes I've ever seen, I'd say.
Sep 28, 2014 6:21 PM

Jul 2012
Oh dang. This may be a harem, but they have Junichi Suwabe (Suwabae*) voicing the main guy and that makes him a thousand times better than the typical harem lead. Too bad the guy Miyano Mamoru voiced had to die right away. I liked him too.

This was pretty entertaining so far. This is going to be a fun ride. I feel like I might end up hating the main girl though.
Nov 30, 2014 10:16 AM
Jul 2018
Y'know, this shit is actually pretty good. I really liked this episode. I'm watching the dub, and the acting isn't too terrible.

I just know that the fanservice is going to ruin this, but hey you never know. It should be enjoyable at the very least.
Nov 30, 2014 10:32 AM

Dec 2013
I cannot believe at the number of posts in this episode discussion :DDDD
Feb 2, 2015 6:00 AM

May 2014
Damn! This is an amazing start! The kickass OST matches the zombie theme perfectly. It is really great up to now but it might turn out disappointing in the end. Well, let's see.
Feb 10, 2015 10:36 AM

Aug 2014
the voice acting cast for this show is unbelievable.

*clap clap clap*
Apr 18, 2015 4:15 AM
Nov 2014
horrible. i couldn't even finish the first episode; the gratuitous panty shots and bouncing tits was totally off putting. this seems to be aimed at teenage boys to wank over, which makes me the wrong age and the wrong gender for this crap.
Apr 21, 2015 5:06 PM

Jun 2014
dam that bitch slap tho. +10pts

I like how the main characters quickly and calmly came up with a plan to escape.
but then of course, the guy on the PA mic is the first to die cliche happens and the school falls to chaos.

That last scene was disgusting. Rei is a clingy bitch
Jun 22, 2015 9:32 AM

Jul 2009
Very intense episode!!

Been while since i watched an Anime movie :)

Yeah there's fanservice here and all, but i love i really love the zombie concept and i prefer the blood spilling and all XD

Rei was mean to Takashi, despite the fact he didn't want to kill his best friend like that.

I knew she was voiced by Marina Inoue :)

Lol i love Takashi's bright slap!!! Been awhile since i last saw one XD

Love the 28 Days Later tribute music when Takashi was about to kill Hisashi.

Can't wait for the next episode!!

Amazing s
Jul 11, 2015 3:37 AM

Aug 2014
Rewatching for the 4th time, still jizzwrothy. Its just so amazing. Quality, voice actors, the music, even the story.
Jul 12, 2015 8:42 PM
Mar 2015
ReaperEXE said:
As expected from Highschool of the Dead, the amount of fanservice was off the charts...

well it is in the genre of ecchi.
Jul 14, 2015 7:38 AM

Feb 2015
Wow, they didn't hold back on the fan service haha.

Rei is going to be really annoying.

Nice OP and ED though.
Jul 27, 2015 12:08 PM

Jan 2014
So many wtf and facepalm moments.
Aug 30, 2015 1:54 PM

Feb 2015
Everything was a huge cliché but I'm still going to watch it.
Sep 7, 2015 2:18 AM

Apr 2013
Funniest thing about this episode I always come back to watch is how Takashi stopped givin a fuck and started walkin away from Rei til she started begging him to stay w her.

She know the deal...

LegendGoldDark said:
Nice slap

Hasashi aint do shit either lmao.

Let another man put his hands on his girl w/o even reacting.
Oct 11, 2015 2:40 PM
Feb 2009
I read the manga and that was great but this is even better. Hope it doesn't go downhill like the manga.
Oct 31, 2015 1:10 AM

Jan 2010
Finally got around to watching this thing, and on Halloween no less.

So...yeah. First thing's first: it's pretty with high energy animation in big scenes. I think that was the best thing that stood out to me. Other then that, it's like a Western horror movie, in that I'm constantly yelling at the characters to be smarter about this situation. I'm not entirely sure of the rules of this show yet, specifically how fast the zombies can move, but I'm surprised to see everything going to hell within minutes. Giving this show the benefit of the doubt, these are high school kids and teachers, so it's not like they're prepared for a zombie apocalypse or anything. But still, holy crap that was fast.

With the main characters, I'm not sure what went wrong, but I already don't like them. I'm not even sure why. Perhaps the manga fleshed them out more, but at this stage, tragedy is already happening, but I don't know a thing about everyone. All I know are their faces of annoyance, anger, bitterness, madness, and general blood-curdling screaming. The episode felt rushed, as if it needed to get to the blood and breasts as fast as possible before the viewer lost their attention span. That may be the nature of the show, but I don't think it was the show's intent to make the characters unsympathetic. But, as the episode went on, I realized that this isn't the type of show to be thought to hard on. As such, I'm gonna treat it as popcorn entertainment the best I can.
Dec 7, 2015 9:40 AM

Jan 2012
the girl screams too much takeshi,lol teacher suicide jump .

Jan 10, 2016 5:26 AM
Nov 2015
I just started this series and so far i really like it. The music really plays a key role here and it set the tone for the show. Voice acting is really good and that will carry the show. Now.... the fan servicing.... I do not mind the fan servicing. But after this, if its going to be this way for all the episodes, im already deducting points. Fan servicing is a service. Not what a show should be about. I was annoyed about it 5 mins in.
Jan 13, 2016 9:54 PM

Jul 2010
I can deal with all the excessive boob bouncing and ass jiggles, I told myself.

I can handle all the panty shots, I said.

All because of this cutie:

RIP

T_T

*Anime dropped after one episode*
Jan 18, 2016 11:13 PM

Jan 2016
Started watching Highschool of the Dead because the story reminds me of the Walking Dead. And to be honest, this is the Walking Dead only in anime. Nevertheless I like the story. Some typical anime ascpects ;)

Can't wait for episode 2.

Jan 21, 2016 11:30 PM
Oct 2015
I'm really ashamed to say this.. but I actually enjoyed this episode. Tetsuo Araki's fast pacing and great execution makes this show actually enjoyable and before I knew it 17 min went by. I came for the boobs but left smiling like a little kid because of the action. Really hate how now that bf kun is dead bitch chan is going for the mc. fuck that girl i hope she dies.
Jan 29, 2016 6:33 PM
Jan 2016
I always wanted to know this, but what was the beginning song at the very, very beginning of the episode? This left me in knots and questions because I can't find it. I've looked up all of the songs in the OST, including endings and could never find the song that plays as Takashi mentions this: "I stayed up late on the night before the day everything came to an end..." As the song is playing. Does anyone know what the name of that song is?
May 13, 2016 5:03 AM

Mar 2016
great start!(゚▽゚)/
( ̄ハ ̄*) the amount of fanservice \(º □ º l|l)/
that girl is a bitch....|ʘ‿ʘ)╯
Bruneian
Here
Feel
Free
To
Add
Mehh
You
Fkin
Scrub
Jul 15, 2016 3:54 AM

Jan 2016
The amount of fanservice was unexpected O.O did know that there was alot but not this much xD thats just hilarious! soo many memes from that slap tho is unreal..

well it wasn't the worst first episode but nor the best, but it was aright, kind hype on apocalypses theme soo got me on that one. like we got too see how it just began, but went a little bit too fast. meh who give a fuuu moslty people are here for the fanservice anyway,xD n here i am for the stupid comedy, highschool drama, main plot/ zombies in high school, but mostly, hella fan service with nonlogical oppai who doesn't understand the law of physics xD

p.s great OP, love the visuals as well. and a very amusing ED.^^
cause MAL is doing there job for once.
Dec 30, 2016 12:44 AM

May 2016
This was so intense I don't know why I didn't watched it before man killing your best friend must be hard I don't wanna even thunk about it.
Jan 7, 2017 1:44 AM

Nov 2016
idiotic start. I didn't give a fuck about this bitten guy and I had to watch his dying for several minutes. PFFFFFF FUCK OFF
Jan 8, 2017 7:20 AM

Jan 2017
Don't know if I should continue. Too much fanservice
Feb 6, 2017 9:06 AM

Feb 2017
that slap was perfect
Aug 26, 2017 3:51 AM

Jul 2017
theres just pointless fanservice everywhere but other than that its pretty good
Sep 12, 2017 11:39 AM

Jun 2016
God! It's just the first episode, but maaan the amount of fanservice. Jesus. Lmao.

Holy shit. What a very good first episode and it had me screaming, and it's freaking 2AM here! Haha. I'm convinced I'm gonna continue watching this show. Alright, alright, alright it's an ecchi anime, so I think I can handle this anime with the amount of panty and oppai shots. Lmfao.

Rei, get your shit together, girl! Poor Hisashi, though, he was cute, but goddamn he had to get bitten just by saving Rei being a damsel in distress for a minute there. Fucksake. RIP, maaan. And please, Rei, it's just the first episode, but I'm already hating your guts and your shits. Lmao.

And waaah Miyukichi's character looks so fucking cool with her katana and that long hair, and that voice, maan. Frick. Can't wait to see more of her character and this anime.

"Maybe he's trying to take a shit, but the shit just won't come out."
Captain Levi, 2014
(/^-^)/☆♪♪☆\(^0^\)
Nov 12, 2017 12:23 PM

Nov 2014
Good first episode very intense.

Was that the in a house in a heartbeat track playing during Hisashi's death? pretty nice touch.
Mar 29, 2019 11:17 PM
Mar 2019
i’m so sorry but uh that chick rei annoys the living shit out of me. but other than that it’s been a good ep, ive never seen a zombie apocalypse Anime so I’m really excited to see how this all turns out unlike those live action zombie apocalypse TV shows or movies since it is in the anim anime so I’m really excited to see how this all turns out unlike those live action zombie apocalypse TV shows or movies since it is in an anime you can have a lot of creativity happening and pretty much anything can happen so I’m really excited to see the rest of the series and I will be giving my daily review for each episode
Mar 29, 2019 11:24 PM
Mar 2019
hi uhm i’m back. forget the daily episodes this fucking series can suck my dick and it’s all bc of that rei thot. she’s annoying as shit
Jun 14, 2019 12:45 PM

May 2016
Seemed like a good first episode, the fan service kinda spoiled it for me though
Jun 16, 2019 10:07 PM
Jul 2017
Rei was trying to find an excuse for Takashi killing her boyfriend Hisashi. Well, after Hisashi was bitten and was gonna turn into a zombie, he requested for Takashi to end his life. He was thinking for best of his friend and his girlfriend. Told them to look after each other. And Rei thought Takashi was jealous of Hisashi because they were dating each other after Rei dumped Takashi. Try to feel sorry for herself. She was unfaithful to him breaking their promise when they were in Kindergarten. You don't do that.
Jun 25, 2019 5:29 AM

Oct 2013
So that is this legendary "Highschool of the Dead". Looks interesting tbh, I also liked fanservice elements. I will definitely continue watching this anime.
Jul 23, 2019 5:03 PM

Feb 2019
The outbreak, although it happened too quickly for my liking, was expressed really well.
However, the animation (especially all the 3D scenes) is a bit nauseating.
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 18, 2020 7:20 PM

Jan 2016
Duuude the screaming on the guy from the microphone was amazing hahahahaa
The cinemetography in this show is so well done too, and not just the lewd parts, hahahaha.
Can't believe how some of these people reacted to it tho omg, the dude committing suicide... The girl who kicked her friend down the stairs... holy fuck
5/5 Why can't there be more Zombie Anime like this one ffs
Apr 4, 2020 2:08 AM

Oct 2019
I thought this was zombie land saga oh ffs this was not what I signed up for
Jun 10, 2020 4:13 PM
Feb 2020
I'm rooting for The Empire the dead
Jul 1, 2020 9:19 PM
May 2020
Beuhhhh lemme just fucking say that this anime is ass. I loved the concept of the show but the characters literally suck. Also, I don’t really like shows with horny characters soo that’s some part of why I dislike it. I love the zombies tho. I just think the author could do better. This ep sucks too. The pink hair girl is pathetic btw
Nov 12, 2020 3:56 PM

Jan 2019
Well that was fun!
Nov 13, 2020 4:12 AM
Nov 2020
Iriiss00 said:
Beuhhhh lemme just fucking say that this anime is ass. I loved the concept of the show but the characters literally suck. Also, I don’t really like shows with horny characters soo that’s some part of why I dislike it. I love the zombies tho. I just think the author could do better. This ep sucks too. The pink hair girl is pathetic btw

G E N R E S
it’s not that the author did a bad job. It’s not his fault you weren’t interested in the genres then decided to talk shit
Jan 23, 2021 10:59 AM

Apr 2020
Enjoyed the action and that scene with the best friends is just a gut turner, dont know why that one always gets me lol. tons of fanservice. dont really know what to say about that one.
Jan 26, 2021 10:41 PM

Jan 2016
46 pages of people complaining about fanservice lmao. It literally says rated R with nudity. Man people are so dense. Anyway that was an intense episode.

Feb 14, 2021 7:17 PM
Feb 2021
E muito bom esse anime o primeiro episódio é bom de mais foi muito bom
Apr 19, 2021 3:08 PM

Aug 2014
Nice start, but the fanservice is keeping me away from looking at the story, so what happened here? :D
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ ちゅっ ちゅっ キス (´。✪ω✪。`)

I hate it when anime/manga that I enjoyed ends, especially when there could be much longer plot and when I love main heroine :P

I wish I had magic glasses that let me see real world in anime colors ;)
Jun 14, 2021 12:58 AM
Apr 2021
How I can watch it ?
Jun 14, 2021 12:59 AM
Apr 2021
How I can watch it ?
Pages (28) « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 »

More topics from this board

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

541 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 16, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.