Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (28) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »
Jul 7, 2010 10:19 AM

Jun 2009
-Nefarious- said:
obliviouz said:
Raigeki1993 said:
I'm glad Hisashi died, I'm not fans of girlfriend stealers, and no it's not because it happened to me -.-

but he didn't steal anyones girlfriend....Takashi just didn't have the balls to ask Rei out(not that I'm a fan of hers)

That's true~ And Lol @ not being a fan of hers? Was she to realistic on the first episode that she annoyed you~?

Actually, it would be questionable if he was a fan of hers after first episode... just saying.

-Nefarious- said:
Honestly speaking, she'll become a badass later on. Every main character will become badass later on... Except for Alice and the Nurse.... :P

How come? Marikawa-sensei is badass in her own way from the start! And Alice, oh well she's just 7 years old, don't expect much from her.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 7, 2010 10:20 AM

Jul 2009
kirbidon said:

Its not that im saying that "dawn of the dead" was a box office success, I was just pointing out similarities and differences from it and hotd.
I realize that people have different opinions and views from movies and I'll accept that.

About the whole ecchiness, I never said it was a good thing I stated why ecchiness was not worse than violence, just pointing out that violence is a bad thing and ecchiness was still bad (a lesser evil you may say). But if certain media didn't have sex and violence then it would be sad right, we should learn to just go with it, violence and sex have been already integrated in modern media and pop culture.

I forgot to mention this in my last post forgive me, but I do agree that sex is a lesser evil. The problem is that this isn't so much the theme of sex as it is fanservice. Basically, what we have is complete sexism. I guess as a bit of a fan of Japanese culture, this is something I should be a little comfortable with, but it still annoys me that people can't see the wrong in it. I mean, theres no problem in liking it (Who am I to say what people can like?) but it still isn't the same thing. Sex as a theme is usually touched upon in the more mature romances as a symbol of love and affection, not as a bit of eye candy.

The thing with sex and violence is a little odd. I've always thought violence is a much worse thing to have shown than a womans boobs. It really is a difficult topic to touch on because of the way it is. None the less, to find every excuse to show a girls pants in a zombie apocalypse is a little creepy.
Jul 7, 2010 10:21 AM

Sep 2008
-Nefarious- said:
obliviouz said:
Raigeki1993 said:
I'm glad Hisashi died, I'm not fans of girlfriend stealers, and no it's not because it happened to me -.-

but he didn't steal anyones girlfriend....Takashi just didn't have the balls to ask Rei out(not that I'm a fan of hers)

That's true~ And Lol @ not being a fan of hers? Was she to realistic on the first episode that she annoyed you~? Honestly speaking, she'll become a badass later on. Every main character will become badass later on... Except for Alice and the Nurse.... :P

i've read the manga.....still not a fan....Saeko FTW if you get what I mean

...if anything, she's just a cockblock for takashi now that hisashi isn't around(hence my not being a fan)
Jul 7, 2010 10:21 AM

Feb 2009
47 pages? HSotD is serious f*cking business now huh...and this is only the first episode...

And for the others still posting here: Stop posting spoilers of the manga. Some will not read it no matter how you convince them and will just stick to the anime. Let them wait for and watch the next episodes without any idea what's in store for them as I'm sure they'll enjoy it as much as we read about it in the manga :D
Jul 7, 2010 10:24 AM

Oct 2008
ReaperEXE said:
As expected from Highschool of the Dead, the amount of fanservice was off the charts...

So much fan service.. so boring, so lame +_+
Jul 7, 2010 10:24 AM

Sep 2008
sorry dude...not a spoiler...you'd have seen Saeko in ep1 just as much as u saw Rei being a cockblock at the end of that episode as well.....CBiiaatch
Jul 7, 2010 10:29 AM

Feb 2009
obliviouz said:
sorry dude...not a spoiler...you'd have seen Saeko in ep1 just as much as u saw Rei being a cockblock at the end of that episode as well.....CBiiaatch
I'm not referring to you but the others still posting here who also posts manga spoilers. As for Rei, I like her and I didn't find her attitude at the last part annoying or irritating. Maybe I'm alone in this though -_-
Jul 7, 2010 10:32 AM
Jul 2010
Psychodrake said:
kirbidon said:

Its not that im saying that "dawn of the dead" was a box office success, I was just pointing out similarities and differences from it and hotd.
I realize that people have different opinions and views from movies and I'll accept that.

About the whole ecchiness, I never said it was a good thing I stated why ecchiness was not worse than violence, just pointing out that violence is a bad thing and ecchiness was still bad (a lesser evil you may say). But if certain media didn't have sex and violence then it would be sad right, we should learn to just go with it, violence and sex have been already integrated in modern media and pop culture.

I forgot to mention this in my last post forgive me, but I do agree that sex is a lesser evil. The problem is that this isn't so much the theme of sex as it is fanservice. Basically, what we have is complete sexism. I guess as a bit of a fan of Japanese culture, this is something I should be a little comfortable with, but it still annoys me that people can't see the wrong in it. I mean, theres no problem in liking it (Who am I to say what people can like?) but it still isn't the same thing. Sex as a theme is usually touched upon in the more mature romances as a symbol of love and affection, not as a bit of eye candy.

The thing with sex and violence is a little odd. I've always thought violence is a much worse thing to have shown than a womans boobs. It really is a difficult topic to touch on because of the way it is. None the less, to find every excuse to show a girls pants in a zombie apocalypse is a little creepy.

I was wrong in how I stated my opinion, causing misunderstanding. I do see how bad sexism is especially for western countries and some asian ones. I can't make my country an example because women here are so innocent that you have to court one girl for over a year to get her to be your girlfriend.

I do think the panty shots is just a teaser or training for when some of the worse things come to light (especially the bus or the bathroom)
Jul 7, 2010 10:32 AM

Mar 2009
belatkuro said:
47 pages? HSotD is serious f*cking business now huh...and this is only the first episode...

What they are trying to do, is bury the yaoi faggotry kuroshitsuji ii by having HotD's 1st ep have more posts than Kuroshitsuji II's 1st ep. It's a matter of honor, see? Pantsu or Yaoi! Who you with?
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 7, 2010 10:34 AM

Sep 2008
Rei has her moments....

...but as for someone who may have just started to watch the anime...that last scene was not a + for her considering she done a 180 with her dead bf right next to her(talking bout the huggies and stuff)
Jul 7, 2010 10:38 AM

Apr 2008
belatkuro said:
obliviouz said:
I'm not referring to you but the others still posting here who also posts manga spoilers. As for Rei, I like her and I didn't find her attitude at the last part annoying or irritating. Maybe I'm alone in this though -_-

Nah you're not. I just find Saeko more awesome but Rei isn't half bad :P

kodial said:
belatkuro said:

What they are trying to do, is bury the yaoi faggotry kuroshitsuji ii by having HotD's 1st ep have more posts than Kuroshitsuji II's 1st ep. It's a matter of honor, see? Pantsu or Yaoi! Who you with?

PANTSU DUH
Jul 7, 2010 10:43 AM

Feb 2009
kodial said:
belatkuro said:

I hate yaoi. Does that answer your question ^_^

obliviouz said:
Rei has her moments....

...but as for someone who may have just started to watch the anime...that last scene was not a + for her considering she done a 180 with her dead bf right next to her(talking bout the huggies and stuff)
It's normal. Girls sometimes change their decisions and behaviors at a lightning fast speed(as far as I know >.<). Considering what recently happened to Hisashi, she's in a serious emotional state. Takashi leaving her just like that made her realize what she said in the spur of the moment was wrong and it's only natural that she does a 180 degree change in behavior. Who would want to be left alone in there...
belatkuroJul 7, 2010 10:47 AM
Jul 7, 2010 10:45 AM

Sep 2009
QysteiN said:
This needs 1000 replies :Q_

Phantoka said:
At least its not 400+ posts of TROLLS

Not liking an episode =/= trolling.
Jul 7, 2010 10:47 AM

Sep 2008
belatkuro said:
it's normal. Girls sometimes change their decisions and behaviors at a lightning fast speed(as far as I know >.<). Considering the emotional state she's in and Takashi leaving her like that, it's only natural that she does a 180 degree change in behavior.

and that's why its anime and not days of ours lives and I can bear it....but srzly....after how she was portrayed in ep1...as a man don't you just feel the rage

forget how she is as a whole(if you've read the manga)......just by going by the anime, as a male I wanted to destroy her(sorry S-mode is resurfacing just thinking bout her)
Jul 7, 2010 10:50 AM

Feb 2009
obliviouz said:
belatkuro said:
it's normal. Girls sometimes change their decisions and behaviors at a lightning fast speed(as far as I know >.<). Considering the emotional state she's in and Takashi leaving her like that, it's only natural that she does a 180 degree change in behavior.

and that's why its anime and not days of ours lives and I can bear it....but srzly....after how she was portrayed in ep1...as a man don't you just feel the rage

forget how she is as a whole(if you've read the manga)......just by going by the anime, as a male I wanted to destroy her(sorry S-mode is resurfacing just thinking bout her)
Not really. I still felt the same about that part in the anime. I felt sorry for her. I would also do what Takashi did and hug her >.<
belatkuroJul 7, 2010 10:53 AM
Jul 7, 2010 10:55 AM

Sep 2008
belatkuro said:
Not really. I still felt the same about that part. I felt sorry for her. I would also do what Takashi did and hug her >.<

after being accused that the only reason Takashi killed Hisashi was to get to Rei? you must have an open heart....yes the setting was called for a hug....but to like a chick like that? meh....she's worse then a tsundere....at least they don't go off with your best friend
Jul 7, 2010 11:00 AM
Jul 2010
This anime will get better and better at the later stage....

The anime production really blows me out of the seat when i watch the first episode. IT WAS EPIC!!!!
All the tension,terror and despair is really well-captured and the OP and ED was great too.

The seiyuus cast also did a great job in their voice acting. Animation was top-notch.
Can`t wait for more actions in the 2nd episode where 2 more badass characters join in.
Jul 7, 2010 11:05 AM

Feb 2009
obliviouz said:
belatkuro said:
Not really. I still felt the same about that part. I felt sorry for her. I would also do what Takashi did and hug her >.<

after being accused that the only reason Takashi killed Hisashi was to get to Rei? you must have an open heart....yes the setting was called for a hug....but to like a chick like that? meh....she's worse then a tsundere....at least they don't go off with your best friend
This is something we can never agree upon in our lives. Let's just forget this stuff and move on now, I'm kinda sleppy -_-.
Jul 7, 2010 11:08 AM

Sep 2009
kodial said:
Pantsu or Yaoi! Who you with?

Yaoi.
Jul 7, 2010 11:16 AM

Jun 2009
48 page of Kuroshitsuji II is leveled now XD
Jul 7, 2010 11:19 AM

Jul 2009
IZUMI64 said:
48 page of Kuroshitsuji II is leveled now XD
So we are competing now?..things just getting strange

Oh well i'm gonna watch the world cup
Jul 7, 2010 11:21 AM

Feb 2008
this turned into general HOTD talk instead of episode 1 talk. i think that she didnt do anything wrong. it was komuro's fault. she waited for him for years. and it looks like he wasn't there for her when she repeated the grade? or whatever happened. but she overdid it when she accused komuro of hating hisashi

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 7, 2010 11:24 AM

Apr 2008
again. Emotions can make people say nasty things. This goes for most people
Jul 7, 2010 11:42 AM

Jul 2007
Darklight0303 said:
again. Emotions can make people say nasty things. This goes for most people

Not to mention that her words DO have some truth to them ;)
Jul 7, 2010 11:44 AM

Apr 2008
that is also true
Jul 7, 2010 11:45 AM
Jun 2009
so far it went by the book or by the manga which is awesome because usually they end up killing it when they turn it into an anime hopefully it stays that way or they manage to make it better. i particularly liked the ending after komuro killed hisashi. All in all this is an epic show that ill really be watching this season
Jul 7, 2010 11:48 AM
Jul 2009
The animation was really nice but what's with all the panty shots? I might drop it after a few more episodes, but 4/5 so far
Jul 7, 2010 11:50 AM

Apr 2009
It kinda sucks that Hisashi had to die he was pretty cool
"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.
Alien vs Predator 2 is the movie version of that book"
Jul 7, 2010 11:57 AM

Jun 2009
belatkuro said:
It's normal. Girls sometimes change their decisions and behaviors at a lightning fast speed(as far as I know >.<). Considering what recently happened to Hisashi, she's in a serious emotional state. Takashi leaving her just like that made her realize what she said in the spur of the moment was wrong and it's only natural that she does a 180 degree change in behavior. Who would want to be left alone in there...

^ Thank you.
Lind_L_Tailor said:
kodial said:

Yaoi.

No offense but, GTFO then.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 7, 2010 11:58 AM

Mar 2009
XtremeEnigma said:
It kinda sucks that Hisashi had to die he was pretty cool
if hisashi didnt die takashi wont be the main character hahaha

Jul 7, 2010 12:02 PM

Sep 2007
OrochiPL said:
belatkuro said:

^ Thank you.
Lind_L_Tailor said:
kodial said:

Yaoi.

What about yaoi... in pantsu!?
Jul 7, 2010 12:03 PM

Mar 2009
Wasabi said:
OrochiPL said:
belatkuro said:

^ Thank you.
Lind_L_Tailor said:
kodial said:

Yaoi.

That's SUPER-FAGGOTRY!
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Jul 7, 2010 12:04 PM

Apr 2008
kodial said:
Wasabi said:
OrochiPL said:
belatkuro said:

^ Thank you.
Lind_L_Tailor said:
kodial said:

Yaoi.

That's SUPER-FAGGOTRY!

No. That would be HELL ON EARTH
Jul 7, 2010 12:10 PM

May 2009
Wasabi said:
I lol'd.

I hope we get some female zombie fanservice in later episodes... AMIRIGHT?!
Jul 7, 2010 12:11 PM

Sep 2009
OrochiPL said:
Lind_L_Tailor said:
kodial said:

Yaoi.

Allow me to explain.

Both are very commonly the warning signs of a bad anime. While pantsu is often used as an attraction to watch the show to allure people who want little more than fap bait, allowing them to not bother too hard with the plot, yaoi is more likely to revolve around crap character styles and overdone bishie-stylings, having Gary Stus and God Mode Sues everywhere, and being covered in pointy designs and roses.

However, the only shows that can really use fanservice and still work are the ones who aren't taking it seriously (Gurren Lagann, the Negima manga). Yaoi can easily be kept in the background of an otherwise decent show, like Death Note or Saraiya Goyou. It's obviously there, but it's not overbearing. And in Kuroshitsuji, it's pretty obviously there, but you can ignore it. It's unlikely to damage your enjoyment of the show. (Though Grell and the naked dog guy are overdoing it a bit).

Here, the fanservice is just really, really out of place. This is a show that could (mostly) be taken seriously without it, generally makes a good dramatic atmosphere and takes itself seriously, and then for some reason there's panty-shots everywhere. I mean, imagine playing Silent Hill, and Heather's wearing a bikini. It'd just be really fucking distracting and out of place.

Not to mention it just kills what might have been some really good moments. I mean, the scene where those two girls get eaten by zombies. If they had simply cut the BFF crap out of the dialogue, and removed the pointless panty-shot, that scene would have been fucking disturbing. Because they left them in, it was just Narm.
Jul 7, 2010 12:16 PM

Jul 2007
Lind_L_Tailor said:

So you are basically saying that HOTD RULZ? :3333333

AMIRIGHT? YES YES YES?
Jul 7, 2010 12:24 PM

Feb 2010
Hot girls, some drama, zombies, guns, awesome "true" fight scenes (not exagerated like most fight animes), lot's of blood, random "OMFG-Theworldisending-apocalypse"... what more could I want? All that's left is for some of the girls to be Lesbians, and that remains to be seen.
Jul 7, 2010 12:27 PM

Feb 2010
Lind_L_Tailor said:
I mean, imagine playing Silent Hill, and Heather's wearing a bikini. It'd just be really fucking distracting and out of place.

I'm sorry but where is this bad? It would have made my Silent Hill experience a lot more enjoyable.
Jul 7, 2010 12:38 PM

Jun 2009
Lind_L_Tailor said:

Allow me to explain.

Both are very commonly the warning signs of a bad anime. While pantsu is often used as an attraction to watch the show to allure people who want little more than fap bait, allowing them to not bother too hard with the plot, yaoi is more likely to revolve around crap character styles and overdone bishie-stylings, having Gary Stus and God Mode Sues everywhere, and being covered in pointy designs and roses.

Basically, Pantsu > Yaoi.

Lind_L_Tailor said:
I mean, imagine playing Silent Hill, and Heather's wearing a bikini. It'd just be really fucking distracting and out of place.

Equip her with katana and i'm playin' this. Distracting and out of place would be that pc mod for Resident Evil 3, where Jill runs and kills zobies wearing only skirt. Oh those square breasts... =3=

Lind_L_Tailor said:
Here, the fanservice is just really, really out of place. This is a show that could (mostly) be taken seriously without it, generally makes a good dramatic atmosphere and takes itself seriously, and then for some reason there's panty-shots everywhere.

Nah, it's not out of place. Combo fanservice x zombies is what makes HotD unique in it's own way. Complaining about it won't change anything beside this thread's page count. So drop it now or bear with it. Cuz' i can't imagine people's bitching after certain bus scene will be show... oh well, at least it'll be fun. ^^

Edit: And you can get a zombie fetish btw. ・3・
OrochiPLJul 7, 2010 6:51 PM
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 7, 2010 12:40 PM

Jun 2010
Just tell him that he could get a zombie fetish from this show. I'm sure he'll stop complaining about zombie with a fanservice
This is my signature. Can you believe it?
Jul 7, 2010 12:50 PM

Feb 2008
OrochiPL said:
Equip her with katana and i'm playin' this.

you should play onechanbara for PS2/XBOX360 :D

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Jul 7, 2010 1:56 PM

Jun 2009
tomzwalker said:
Just tell him that he could get a zombie fetish from this show. I'm sure he'll stop complaining about zombie with a fanservice

Right, though now that i think about it, there's not enough zombie fanservice to get actual zombie fetish... or not...

genomaru said:
OrochiPL said:
Equip her with katana and i'm playin' this.

you should play onechanbara for PS2/XBOX360 :D

Thanks, maybe i'll check out ps2 version someday, cuz' i don't have x360.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jul 7, 2010 7:01 PM

Jun 2008
49 PAGES, this has to be a glitch.....RIGHT???
Jul 7, 2010 7:03 PM
Jun 2007
alexcampos said:

lol not surprised. The manga has a huge fanbase to begin with.
Jul 7, 2010 7:05 PM

Feb 2008
alexcampos said:

Nope, I've been here since page 2... This is all legit!!! HotD is just that awesome.

On another note... I think MAL stopped working either because I was about to make my 666 post, or this discussion thread became to much for MAL to handle XD
Jul 7, 2010 7:07 PM

Feb 2010
Too Much Fanservice™
Jul 7, 2010 7:09 PM
Jun 2007
sexiji said:
Too Much Fanservice™

Not enuf fanservice imo. =/
Jul 7, 2010 7:13 PM

Jul 2009
The roof scene music sounded really similar to "In the House In a Heartbeat" from 28 days later O.o
Jul 7, 2010 7:14 PM

May 2008
sexiji said:
Too Much Fanservice™

Lol, once you watch a lot of ecchi animes, you get used to it, well I watched alot of different animes, so I'm used to almost everything.
Jul 7, 2010 7:15 PM

Feb 2008
sexiji said:
Too Much Fanservice™

lol just wait till episode 5 or 6 come out... Then we shall see too much fanservice!!!!!
:P
Pages (28) « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» If Highschool of the Dead did NOT involve zombies

LAKool-AidGang - Jul 7, 2023

18 by CombatMagic »»
Apr 11, 8:18 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jul 11, 2010

461 by Hokage_the_7th »»
Apr 9, 5:34 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 12, 2010

254 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 7:02 PM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Sep 5, 2010

276 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 20, 12:09 AM

Poll: » Highschool of the Dead Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Aversa - Aug 29, 2010

541 by gannoncannon55 »»
Mar 16, 7:45 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.