Forum Settings
Forums

Profile (anime/manga) stats don't update properly

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Jan 9, 2011 11:33 AM

May 2010
SuperKyou said:
Yeah I noticed it when I started on the new anime for this season, the number im currently watching does not change yet they are there when I look at my list directly.

Just a bit of lag I guess?

Same for me, it really bugs me cus I wanna know how much time in days I've watched since it hasn't for who knows how long.
Real Hell is inside a person-Ai Enma (Jigoku Shoujo Mitsuganae)
Do you know where hell is? Inside your head-Chrona (Soul Eater)

Jan 9, 2011 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
this is happening to me too
Forever Fornever
Jan 9, 2011 12:45 PM
Jan 2009
This is still a MAJOR problem. If you can't figure out how to fix such a glaring problem then maybe you should just shut the site down since you obviously can't run it properly.
Jan 9, 2011 12:52 PM
Jul 2018
okay really my stats have not worked scine october
HELP WOULD BE NICE!!
Jan 9, 2011 1:40 PM
Nov 2010
lol well been liek 3 moths and ive added about 295 animes and it still says zero XD
Jan 9, 2011 2:31 PM
Dec 2010
I think i have a problem related to this. I just watched an anime which i reeeaallyyy liked, so i wanted to add it to my favorites. it said i already have 5, so i cant add another one. I then procceded to delete higurashi: no naku koro ni from my favorites and tried again. it was still not working. i endied up deleted higurashi from my list, and it still did'nt work...(if it helps, i wanted to add evangelion 2.0 you can (not) advance)
Jan 9, 2011 8:12 PM

May 2008
It was working fine for me until 2 days ago... now it's stuck.

You guys should really start thinking about fixing this.

Join my club: The Walking Dead
Jan 10, 2011 1:31 AM

Feb 2010
Mine has been frozen for a while now and ive added about 20 series since :(
Jan 10, 2011 8:51 AM

May 2008
Mine has updated today. Dunno if the mods did something, but thanks.

Join my club: The Walking Dead
Jan 10, 2011 9:58 AM

May 2010
My stats have been stuck at the same numbers for more than 2 months now and I wish the mods would fix the problem.
Jan 10, 2011 10:07 AM

Jul 2007
Mine has not worked for the past 2 months. I'd really like to see this fixed.
Jan 10, 2011 10:55 AM

Dec 2010
I don't have a single update in the anime list for months now. says zero and I got quite a list... pretty lame.
Jan 10, 2011 1:06 PM

Sep 2007
Mine's not updating (again). Either that, or it's really really slow...

Jan 10, 2011 2:23 PM
Aug 2009
not updating either. hurry the hell up and fix this -_-
Jan 10, 2011 4:07 PM

Feb 2010
jkun said:
ARTFX said:
Yeah it's annoying, but I'm a web designer myself and know how hard this can be.

What does that have to do with the back end?

What is that supposed to mean?

I just said that as a web designer myself I think the problem is somewhere in the database. A couple of wrongly written rules or double rules can cause the database to start slowing down, a lot of those and you'll get major lag problems. At least that is what I would say, I could be wrong though since I don't know how this site is exactly build.

So for the mods, maybe doing a database check might help, and in the worst case, shut down the website and rewrite the database before putting the site back up.
Jan 10, 2011 6:50 PM

May 2009
So I'm guessing the sigs not updating have something to do with this as well..
Jan 11, 2011 1:08 AM

Aug 2010
My manga profile updates fairly frequently, but my anime stats have been frozen for a good couple of months now. It's fairly frustrating and it'd be awesome to see it updated, but it's something I can live with if the admin are focusing on general lag problems instead of specific ones.
Jan 11, 2011 5:13 AM

Nov 2010
seriously, what's up with this issue? all my stats are zero too TnT
Jan 11, 2011 6:59 AM

Aug 2009
I have the same problem like many people here. Hope it will be solved soon.
Jan 11, 2011 7:49 AM

Feb 2010
just found out that my manga stats are updating, but my anime list is not.
Jan 11, 2011 8:05 AM

Dec 2009
My anime stats didn't updated. I have completed 299 anime but in the profile only write 260 animes.

Jan 11, 2011 8:15 AM

Sep 2009
its have been 2 month ....and my anime stat wont update....>.>
Jan 11, 2011 8:33 AM

Aug 2010
Guys a mod posted on this forum that its being worked on and for people to stop posting on this forum because they are very aware of this problem and because of all these people re-posting on this forum about the issue, the mod's post is now burried and if you click "last page" you dont see it. just know that its an issue that the team is infact working on
Jan 11, 2011 1:22 PM
Feb 2009
Same here, I cant update , neither delete anime entries, what the hell going on?
I got some "plan to watch" that I completed but cant delete or move to completed!
Jan 11, 2011 1:29 PM
Dec 2010
I have the same problem too...(
Jan 12, 2011 9:43 AM
Nov 2010
Kineta said:
Your anime stats are not updating because of lag. The same lag that is affecting the rest of the site. I realise that users are seeing various response times for updates, from a few hours to days to weeks (and thus, if you just joined, never). There is nothing wrong with your account specifically. It's how the updates get processed. The fact of the matter is we are still grossly behind on updates due to the incredible lag that has been terrorising us for weeks.

We are aware of the lag and as frustrated by it - if not more so - than you are. Everything possible is being done to correct for it and get the site back up into working order. You can see this via the announcement threads. Until the site lag is resolved, your stats could take days or weeks to update. And if you just joined, they may be frozen until then. Manga updates are seen faster because there are significantly less of them as compared to anime.

tl;dr: We cannot go in and update your stats manually. They will be corrected when the lag affecting the rest of the site is finally resolved.

So no more +1s, "me too"s or "the mods hate us" posts. Unless you have something useful to say, I don't want to see another post in this thread until the lag has been resolved and you suspect something new is affecting the stats.

And as always, we appreciate your patience.

I'm surprised by the amount of people who don't know how to read yet know how to write what was asked for not to be written by this post, who are asking what was explained by this post and who are reporting what was already acknowledged by this post...
Jan 12, 2011 12:19 PM

Aug 2009
stats aren't that big of a deal for me but its annoying not seeing some forum posts.
Jan 12, 2011 2:05 PM

Sep 2007
Is it too much to ask for the stats to update properly? That's all I use this site for anyway nowadays, and even that's not working the way it should. :/

Jan 13, 2011 4:55 AM

Sep 2009
Tomislavr7

problem that they promise to fix it long time ago but still no progress (
Jan 13, 2011 5:53 AM
Nov 2010
Will it help if we just talk and talk the same thing? I agree that it's their job to fix the site, but it's also our job to use the site if we want to and not to use it if we aren't pleased with it... That was always the "service-customer" thing...
Jan 13, 2011 11:03 PM
Feb 2010
Tomislavr7 said:
Will it help if we just talk and talk the same thing? I agree that it's their job to fix the site, but it's also our job to use the site if we want to and not to use it if we aren't pleased with it... That was always the "service-customer" thing...
well said
Jan 14, 2011 9:04 AM
Feb 2008
Same exact problem here :(
Jan 14, 2011 1:08 PM
Lead Admin
Faerie Queen

Aug 2007
I go away for a bit and pages get tacked on. Wanted to keep this thread open in case some people actually had something useful to say, but I see for the most part my post has gone ignored. So...

Kineta said:
Your anime stats are not updating because of lag. The same lag that is affecting the rest of the site. I realise that users are seeing various response times for updates, from a few hours to days to weeks (and thus, if you just joined, never). There is nothing wrong with your account specifically. It's how the updates get processed. The fact of the matter is we are still grossly behind on updates due to the incredible lag that has been terrorising us for weeks.

We are aware of the lag and as frustrated by it - if not more so - than you are. Everything possible is being done to correct for it and get the site back up into working order. You can see this via the announcement threads. Until the site lag is resolved, your stats could take days or weeks to update. And if you just joined, they may be frozen until then. Manga updates are seen faster because there are significantly less of them as compared to anime.

tl;dr: We cannot go in and update your stats manually. They will be corrected when the lag affecting the rest of the site is finally resolved.

So no more +1s, "me too"s or "the mods hate us" posts. Unless you have something useful to say, I don't want to see another post in this thread until the lag has been resolved and you suspect something new is affecting the stats.

And as always, we appreciate your patience.
Kineta said:
NHS-KEMISH said:
(I know there is the lag and so on, but I don't think its normal that so many months passed and my list remains the same).
There is not some bug affecting only your account. How long stats take to update will vary from account to account and - as I said in my earlier post - some of you may not see any updates at all until the lag is fixed. This isn't like the forum where 3 hours later your post appears.

Honestly, I wish I could do something to help you but there's really nothing I can do.

I will be removing any posts that are not "useful". I don't want my post to be lost in a see of "but what about my account"s. I hope you all understand.

Locked for now.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (10) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

» Why does MAL not support catbox.moe image links?

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

0 by vasipi4946 »»
Yesterday, 3:07 PM

» Got 502 Bad Gateway trying to create topic in Support

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

0 by vasipi4946 »»
Yesterday, 3:00 PM

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3366 by Midoriya_lzuku »»
Yesterday, 2:57 PM

» Invalid ID provided.

Zagafon - Sep 10, 2016

2 by Kitsunes97 »»
Yesterday, 9:24 AM

» Sort your list by member count/poularity?

paperkitten - Jun 17, 2010

1 by abdallah929 »»
Yesterday, 7:58 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.