Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Jul 5, 2010 12:26 PM

Apr 2010
10 of 10 from me, too. Definitely a personal favorite, and I am going to miss the Elric brothers and the rest sooo much.
Jul 5, 2010 12:54 PM

Mar 2009
This was ....awesome.

Great ending to a great series.
Jul 5, 2010 1:10 PM

Jun 2009
Possibly the BEST conclusion to one of the BEST animes of all time. FMA has been the center of my anime fandom for years and years, a mainstay through countless other series. Loved the ending, although I will be sad to see it go...unless there really IS a movie coming XD
10/10 I don't even need to think twice.

Now what am I going to look forward to every Sunday? No more FMA, no more thread flame wars...T_T
Jul 5, 2010 1:22 PM

Oct 2008
Well . Realised that there's a bug in the mal ranking system , so took my pen and paper and tried to calculate fma's ranking on mal . . After completing the entire mathematics , fma brotherhood's score stands at a whopping 9.11 . . . Awesome isn't it . . Waiting for mal to update the scores now . .
That takes fma to spot number 1 , tied wit haruhi . . . The calculations were simple :) :)
lafuria_suxJul 5, 2010 1:26 PM
Jul 5, 2010 1:26 PM

Apr 2009
That was so cute! and amazing! I loved it when Ed proposed. It was so adorable!

That episode was the best freakin ending EVER!

Jul 5, 2010 1:58 PM

Mar 2010
Certainly a better ending than the first Fullmetal Alchemist. I don't like how Ed lost his alchemy. Al still has it though, right? He wasn't shown using it since he came back.

What's Ed's doing with his life without Alchemy, I guess just studying it? That stinks.

Roy's mustash was aweful! I know a small point, but still. I liked the older Mei at the very end. :)

So there's going to be a movie? It has to be better than the first Fullmetal Movie. Hopefully it will take place when they're still young and Ed has his alchemy either again or back when he had it.

I realize I've said this already, but his entire life was alchemy, why'd he have to loose it for his principles?!
Jul 5, 2010 2:45 PM

Dec 2008
I liked the pacing of this episode. Very nice.

I also liked them showing the pictures on the board at the end. Love the picture of the family. I hate Roy's mustache.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jul 5, 2010 2:55 PM

May 2007
Finally finally finally Ed proposed to Winry. This episode was a great way to end the show.

So, i'm still trying to figure out whether I should give it an 8 or a 9. I just can't get over the first 18 episodes or whatever that were pure bullshit. In general, I thought the series had a good mix of action and drama, although a little too much comedy thrown in and not enough drama.

The main problem I had was in ep 62 and 63; the end of the fight against Father. It's been leading up to this fight through most of the series, and then it turns out to be stupid and boring. Father atleast could've put up a better fight in the end, and made it enjoyable to watch. He was either so powerful that nothing could touch him, or so weak that he could just crumble. And then that conversation between Father (or Homonculus or whatever we're supposed to call him) and the being was really annoying.

I think Ed should've gone to Xing to learn Rentanjutsu instead of Al. He should be able to use that because it harnesses the power of the Earth, right?

Anyway, i'm still deciding what to rate it, but i'm leaning towards 8. Now to rewatch the original series to get this out of my head.
Pokedude97Jul 5, 2010 2:58 PM
Jul 5, 2010 3:02 PM

Feb 2010
Perfect ending to the perfect Anime.

10/10
Jul 5, 2010 4:10 PM

Apr 2009
SO GOOD.
CAN'T ARTICULATE THOUGHTS.
SDLFKJAS;LKFJS;DLKFJSD;LFKJSADL;FKJSALFK;JDS
Jul 5, 2010 4:24 PM
Jul 2018
End on an era! what a great series it was. From the start till the end. And hats off to the anime staff for animating it very well and keep the epicness of manga alive. Glad that it ended with my favored song of this series
Jul 5, 2010 4:32 PM

Apr 2008
SQUEEEE!!! Ed and Winry finally made some BABIES!!!! How long have I waited for this moment!!!! Instant 10/10!!!

Jul 5, 2010 4:38 PM

Jun 2009
As much as I love FMA , Still a 9/10 for me.
Pokedude97 said:

I think Ed should've gone to Xing to learn Rentanjutsu instead of Al. He should be able to use that because it harnesses the power of the Earth, right?

Anyway, i'm still deciding what to rate it, but i'm leaning towards 8. Now to rewatch the original series to get this out of my head.

He can't use Alchemy or Rentanjutsu even he studies as much as he wants. The moment he gave up his "truth" for Al's body, he became a normal person. "Alchemy" in Amestris was essentially using the philosophers stone . Rentanjutsu is just Alchemy like any other country like xerxes without using the philosophers stone. Meaning, By the time Scar removed the connection between everyone from using the philosophers stone, they were essentially using the true Alchemy or Rentanjutsu because they are both the same thing, just named differently. What you have to realize is that without the truth that every individual holds, They can't use alchemy or Rentanjutsu. So therefore Ed can’t use Alchemy or rentanjutsu. I'm sure Scar pretty much explains this when he's about to destroy the link between the people and the philosophers stone.
Jul 5, 2010 4:49 PM

Jan 2010
I loved it from the start until the end! It's by far the best anime I've ever seen, and probably will see. Everything about FMA:B, such as characters, plot, etc., was truly great, hands down.
11/10.
The ending was great aswell, they rapped it up nicely.
FMA:B used to be the highlight of the week, but now that it's over, it's the highlight of my life, honestly.

I can't believe it's over :'(

YEAH!

Get chance and luck - TK, Angel Beats
Jul 5, 2010 4:52 PM

Aug 2007
lol how can anyone say they miss the first series when it brought us shit like this:
Jul 5, 2010 4:56 PM
Jan 2010
So it ends.
I'll watch this episode tomorrow.
Jul 5, 2010 5:45 PM
Jul 2009
A brilliant end to a brilliant anime. This series has managed to top its predecessor and entertain wits its characters, plot, wit and art. I consider this to be one of the top five anime of the noughties. It isn't perfect but it is very, very close. I highly recommend this show. 11/10.
Jul 5, 2010 5:50 PM
Aug 2007
Absolutely amazing anime, loved every second of it. God-Tier I would say..
Jul 5, 2010 6:11 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Roy's mustache D:
Hawkeye's hair D:

Babies!!! :D
Grown up May!! :D

This was an amazing series that I looked forward to watching every week. I will miss this show immensely, but I look forward to the specials and the new movie.

10/10
p r o f i l e 👀
Jul 5, 2010 6:17 PM

Mar 2008
Loved Ed's slot sentence

"A lesson without pain is meaningless. No one can gain without sacrificing something. But by endurnig that pain and overcoming it..he shall obtain a powerfull, unmatched heart. A fullmetal heart"

Thanks for the run. 10/10

Jul 5, 2010 7:10 PM

May 2007
Tony38514 said:
As much as I love FMA , Still a 9/10 for me.
Pokedude97 said:

He can't use Alchemy or Rentanjutsu even he studies as much as he wants. The moment he gave up his "truth" for Al's body, he became a normal person. "Alchemy" in Amestris was essentially using the philosophers stone . Rentanjutsu is just Alchemy like any other country like xerxes without using the philosophers stone. Meaning, By the time Scar removed the connection between everyone from using the philosophers stone, they were essentially using the true Alchemy or Rentanjutsu because they are both the same thing, just named differently. What you have to realize is that without the truth that every individual holds, They can't use alchemy or Rentanjutsu. So therefore Ed can’t use Alchemy or rentanjutsu. I'm sure Scar pretty much explains this when he's about to destroy the link between the people and the philosophers stone.

Oh ok. Thanks for letting me know, I must've missed Scar saying that, but that makes alot of sense.

I ended up giving FMA:B an 8/10
Jul 5, 2010 7:20 PM

Nov 2007
Overall this series was awesome; a steady stream of action, drama, and comedy and a satisfactory ending. 10/10

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jul 5, 2010 7:40 PM

Nov 2007
Very very satfisfying end. I seriously hope the upcoming movie is not a sequel, there is no need to have a sequel for such a good and conclusive ending. The movie can fill up missing spaces in between the series. 10/10 for sure. It had a decent beginning but nothing too great, but slowly picked up and became such a wonderful rollercoaster ride of awesome leaving no glaring inconsistencies or plotholes. I feel like watching the first series again just to compare at how inferior it is to this, but that'd be just wasting my time. Let's hope the movie would be just as good so I can point at Shambala and laugh at it.
Jul 5, 2010 7:47 PM

Oct 2007
This was a great show, and FMA is indeed just a very exceptional anime that will always be remembered, but I think people are overreacting a little with all the 10/10s. I do think it was better than the first series, but I can't bring myself to rate it higher than a 9, the same thing I rated the other series. Both series were great in their own respective rights, but the other made me feel more of that epic anime feeling that I don't really know how to explain but it just gives you this awesome feeling inside like "Holy shit that show was awesome". This recent series didn't give me that feeling like the first, even though I know this one was really all around better.

Oh well, stupid rant I guess. It was still a nice ending, and I'm satisfied with it. Good ending to a very good series. 9/10

Jul 5, 2010 8:06 PM

Oct 2009
The first series were less "shounen like" more mature, more philosophical than Brotherhood, look at the last 3 episodes os each, one there much talk, much theories, equivalent change discussion, no big fight. In the other, some talk too, final boss shounen style.
That's why I still think the 3 last episodeos of the 1st series were really epic, especialy because it didn't had happy ending, in Brotherhood the episodes were epic too, but Father disappointend a little in the end, and I'm not much a fan of happy endings. So, I prefer the end of 1st series, but overall I prefer Brotherhood a little.

I can see some stuff i don't like in booth of them (Dante sucked, and in brtoherhood the pacing in the beggining), but still I have to rate 10/10 because for me a 10 doesn't mean perfection (which for me they are almost), but absolute enjoyment, and those 2 series brought me that :)
Jul 5, 2010 8:20 PM

Nov 2008
It was a great ending to a great anime..I loved Ed and Winry's moment...it was very cute. I also liked that at the end they showed their kids...that was awesome.

Looking forward to the movie..
I am a sucker for romance!!!!
]

Jul 5, 2010 8:35 PM

Apr 2007
I'm glad even a little was added with Mustang, BUT THAT MUSTACHE. Now that made me laugh XD Though if you looks closely it seems so fake. I bet Ed just drew on his picture with a marker, it is something he would do :P
And the proposal was perfect. One of the few moments where I find the anime to be better.

I really enjoyed following this anime for the past year, but can't really say I'm sad about it ending. Anyway, the series gets an 8/10 from me. FMA just isn't as enjoyable animated.
Jul 5, 2010 8:40 PM

Jun 2009
OMG FMA ended! It actually ended. I can't believe it!! Anyways it was a really good and satisfied ending. EdWin scene at end was really cute, wahaha at Ed confessing at Winry x3

Ohoho I love the pictures at the end, Mustang have a mustache lol and Winry and Ed got kids, I've been waiting for this for a long time:DD I love when they use the second OP song as the ending song, good choice. I wish I could rate more than 10/10. This has been one of the best anime eva!! Also can't wait for the movie, hope it's not a recap!

Jul 5, 2010 8:55 PM

May 2009
Nice ending for FMA 10/10
Much better than first anime

Nice to see EdxWinry :p
And Al got his body too~ and not thin anymore..

Oh Pride still live nice :)
Will he become badass again lol? But I guess not since Father gone
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Jul 5, 2010 8:57 PM

Aug 2008
Serviceable ending. Can't say I liked it, but it was good. I got a great deal of closure, and it was well-paced. The only problem I had was Rie Kugumiya still doing Al's voice, and the fail that is Paku Romi with a super grown-ass Ed still sounding the same as he did when he was 13 or 14. Just terrible actors that didn't even try. Then again, no one excused them of their jobs and brought in two guys to it for them, so it's a production failure too.

The show started out spectacularly, but almost flew off the tracks with a break-neck speed. Around episode 18 things cooled off, and the show was damn-near perfect for 12-15 episodes. Then the pace was all over the place, rubberbanding from one cliffhanger to the next, and the show just lost all momentum.

Brotherhood never totally came back for me after the meteoric first half. I slowly began to wonder why people championed this storyline so much over the first series, and to this day, I honestly don't get the fervor.

Still, the first half has two of the most well-done, single episodes that I can think of, and with that in mind, it gets a solid 8/10, just like its predecessor.
Jul 5, 2010 9:05 PM

Aug 2009
noteDhero said:
I slowly began to wonder why people championed this storyline so much over the first series, and to this day, I honestly don't get the fervor.

Probably because the Dante stuff is a serious source of discontention among the fans.

Even now, I'm still not 100% on how much I liked/did not like it.
Jul 5, 2010 9:15 PM

Aug 2008
I guess I get it, but in comparison to all the nonsense with Father, I just don't see why it holds. I still like the idea of the gate being a link to an alternate reality. Had that been combined with the part about actually knowing the secrets to alchemy, I think something more interesting could have been done, because the whole last 8 or whatever episodes were mind-numbingly boring.
Jul 5, 2010 9:46 PM
Dec 2007
Quick question: What was the tattoo on Hawkeye's back?
Jul 5, 2010 9:49 PM
Jan 2009
CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS OVER. NOOOOOOOOOO! I have nothing else to look forward to now. :(
Jul 5, 2010 9:50 PM

Nov 2008
binarycloud said:
Quick question: What was the tattoo on Hawkeye's back?

that was explained better in the manga version of the ishbal war but it enhance roy's fire alchemy
Jul 5, 2010 9:51 PM

Sep 2008
Mustang should have stayed blind and Selim should have died.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 5, 2010 10:00 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
How old were Ed and Al during the 2 year time skip?
p r o f i l e 👀
Jul 5, 2010 10:00 PM

Feb 2008
winry+ed's kids=win
Jul 5, 2010 10:20 PM
Jan 2008
yaHzee said:
winry+ed's kids=win
Jul 5, 2010 10:40 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, I'm late to the thread for one day and it turns into 13 pages!!!

What can I say the epilogue was great, I still wished we would've received more information about Roy, but it was still great.

A very easy 10/10 score, I'm honestly SHOCKED that FMA brotherhood is STILL behind Clannad AS, and Gintama......but then again this is MAL :(
Jul 5, 2010 10:53 PM

Aug 2009
Alright ending. 4/5
Feel like I need something more >.<
Wonder what the movie will be about, hope it has nothing to do with the Ishbalan's.
Jul 5, 2010 11:37 PM
Jul 2007
Love the show and will miss it. Has to one of my favorites if not my favorite series.
Jul 5, 2010 11:39 PM

Jun 2009
*looks sadly at FMA: brotherhood*

*clicks at the edit button and set as completed*

*sobs* It's all over! Love FMA! Love the confession! Very cute! (though it has some changes at the end)

Winry and Ed's babies are a girl and a boy? It's not den den's babies but black hayate's babies! haha! Roy with a mustache? *looks at the manga for clarification* O.o
Jul 5, 2010 11:42 PM

Jan 2009
Mustang prioritizing Havoc before himself~ (Lacks some Roy×Riza though >.>)
Scar not having a name~
Al doesn't fit his voice. >.>
Lin is awesome, mkay? (Lan Fan too~)
Selim : > (Grumman is a cool dude btw)
Dat proposal~ : 3
And dat answer~ : 3
And all those pictures~ (Ahem, Mustang with mustash xD...)

Anyway. Now I'm sad >.> Not only did the manga end not too long ago. Now the anime did too. >.>
What is going to fill this empty void now? D:

Also, 5 out of 5: The ending of FMA:B.....its like the end of part of my own life... (your vote)
..That was the weak part, now I am stronger! ..No wait, that was the strong part D:
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jul 6, 2010 12:05 AM

Sep 2008
The 'stashe was rather a counter-argument to the Growing the Beard trope heh

Picture had Ed/Winry kids, needed Al/Mei kids (or at least have her pregnant or something)

Sniggered to myself as Ed's confession.. attempt. Was really expecting that Winry would have gone with him, but I guess she was in charge of the shop and so couldn't leave? At least they both knew what their feelings were, at least well enough to try and put them into words, and evidently did manage it eventually, since they had gotten married and had kids.

Did the chimeras ever figure anything out? That was kinda left hanging.

What was with Selem's bandage in the middle of his forehead?

When I convert this for friends to see, gonna start with the original, since the pacing of the first half-or-so was good, while this one skipped over the stuff that one covered well, having watched both fills out more of the story.

"You're such an idiot."
~Celty (Durarara)

"How many seconds until the boy confesses his love to the girl?"
~Durarara

Should it be sad now that twice in a season I've been glad that subs scrolls by to quickly for me to process?

Jul 6, 2010 12:22 AM

May 2008
This was an awesome ending for the series
I really liked the series.
Jul 6, 2010 1:11 AM

May 2008
Perfect ending to the epicest thing ever. I loved it, Ed's confession was so sweet and Winry's reaction....
Also loved the pictures that were shown at the end~
Jul 6, 2010 1:49 AM

May 2009
awesome end of FMA:B its even possible to do 3 sezon but it may be only a dream xD...
this anime is for everyone and i will remember Ed`s words
Jul 6, 2010 1:55 AM

Feb 2009
Aside from lack of RoyxRiza I have nothing to complain but;

Why...
why.....
why do they have to put mustache on my precious Mustang?! gaaah DX

XDD

Edward and Winry's scene was cheesy but I really like it XDD

This is yet my most favorite manga/anime of all time.

<3
Jul 6, 2010 2:05 AM

Nov 2008
I don't know why, but I started crying when Winry was going to open the door and Al said that it tickles.
A really good ending. Edward and Winry is so cute together :) 9/10.
Pages (20) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.