Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Jul 4, 2010 3:12 PM

Oct 2008
@hiina-tan . . I hate that couple too . . But . . I had to accept it . After all , its fma . . :)

oh well . . I really think mustang doesn't have a moustache , and that photo has actually been edited by someone , most probably by Edward Elric san . . Ha ha ha
Jul 4, 2010 3:18 PM

Sep 2009
What's soo bad about Ed and Winry as a couple?
Jul 4, 2010 3:18 PM

Sep 2007
@silent_killer: That a series decides on a couple doesn't mean you have to accept it. Even out of respect for that series or the author... your opinion stays yours. So if you hate it, say so. You'll feel better. :D

Hmm... yeah knowing Edward he definitely would do so when he has the chance to. XD
Roy's better off without facial hair except for eyebrows and eyelashes.
Jul 4, 2010 3:19 PM

Jan 2010
WOW, that episode packed quite an episode punch for me, not only because it's the final ep but because the music and everything else was just perfect. The OP used for the ending fits but I would have liked to see Yui's "again" instead as it was the first OP in the series and it's also an epic song.

Some scenes were omitted from the manga such as:
-Zampano discussing alchemy with the other guy
-Ling Yao picking up Mei
-Lan Fan's conversation with Ling
But the changes made were superb:
-Havoc getting his mobility back
-Winry's walk to reunite with Ed and Al
-And at the end we get close-up shots of each photo of the characters rather than tiny pictures like in the manga (Ed and Winry have a son and a daughter!)
-...but Mustang's mustache looks a bit iffy...
Only things missing really were more scenes of Mustang x Hawkeye and Al x Mei, but oh well...

FMA Brotherhood is definitely one of the best anime creations I've seen and I'm sad that, along with the manga, it's now finished. Looking forward to the upcoming movie, but seriously hope that it's anything BUT a recap of the whole series.

FMA!!!!!!!!
tazilloJul 4, 2010 3:41 PM
Jul 4, 2010 3:22 PM

Oct 2008
I agree wit you but , There's no point in hating somethin now . . All said and done . . Fma was a great series . . And it deserves a good send off . .

Mustang with a mush reminds me of an omake i read recently . . Ha ha . It was sooo hillarious . . .
Jul 4, 2010 3:24 PM

Sep 2007
saxophone15 said:

I won't say they're a bad couple, seeing as they love each other. However for me they just don't fit. I can't support my opinion with arguments as to why, but I know my blood starts boiling whenever I see them in a romantic relationship.

I apologize for not being able to explain very well.
Jul 4, 2010 3:26 PM

Nov 2008
tazillo said:

that wasnt a change lol they showed it in the manga :)
Jul 4, 2010 3:27 PM
Nov 2009
Ah, I didn't pay attention to the pictures at the end! D: A son and a daughter? Awww! ^_^

10/10. A perfect ending. With the excpetion of one tiny detail, it would have been nice if Ed and Al went travelling together. But I think we can safely assume that when they got back and shared their new knowledge, they went on many more exciting advantures together :) :) :)

And they lived happily for ever after! ^_^ ♥
Jul 4, 2010 3:38 PM

Jan 2010
suigetsu00 said:
tazillo said:

Yeah, I know. I just meant that in the anime they actually mention the Philosopher's Stone being used and fleshed out the scene a lot more rather than just a photo in the last page.
Jul 4, 2010 3:58 PM

Mar 2008
I'm a little sad that this is the end. But it was an incredible series.
And Scar ponytail wins^^

Jul 4, 2010 4:03 PM

Dec 2009
It was a great ending after all, some series have good plot but suck at the ending, luckily FMA Brotherhood wasn't like that. But I can deduce that there will be another movie or OVA explaining more and more stuff like Edward's family or Alphonse journey for sure! :P

"Perseverance is the mother of all victories."
Jul 4, 2010 4:07 PM

Mar 2010
A ton better then the first FMA. This one had such a perfect ending. Don't really want a sequel, FMA is pretty done and done already.
There's so many more countries when I looked at the map though, I kinda wanna see a diff anime from another country around Amestris and/or Xing now though.
Jul 4, 2010 4:14 PM

Dec 2009
5 out of 5: The ending of FMA:B.....its like the end of part of my own life... (your vote)

perfect...just perfect ;X speechless...
Xanime_fanzXJul 4, 2010 4:19 PM
Jul 4, 2010 4:17 PM

Sep 2009
Hiina-tan said:
saxophone15 said:

I won't say they're a bad couple, seeing as they love each other. However for me they just don't fit. I can't support my opinion with arguments as to why, but I know my blood starts boiling whenever I see them in a romantic relationship.

I apologize for not being able to explain very well.
Well that's ok. I don't mind if people don't think they fit each other. I was just curious since it's not like they are annoying or anything (well at least to me).
Jul 4, 2010 4:23 PM

Jul 2008
Oustanding serie and the best anime I have seen by far. The plot, the execution, the music, the animation, everything was top and mixed together made the most epic anime ever.

10/10
Jul 4, 2010 4:29 PM

Nov 2007
For the love of FMA, here is a small token of my satisfaction.

Click Image to Download the original wallpaper.

Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jul 4, 2010 4:31 PM

Nov 2008
tazillo said:
suigetsu00 said:
tazillo said:

Yeah, I know. I just meant that in the anime they actually mention the Philosopher's Stone being used and fleshed out the scene a lot more rather than just a photo in the last page.

ah lol
Jul 4, 2010 4:40 PM

Nov 2007
Also, [Eclipse] subs will be coming later tomorrow. Mentar was on a trip and obviously is tired to work on it. Anyways, I would like to thank [Eclipse] and [TMD-Raze] for working on relentlessly for the last 16 months on a show that we loved so much. Thank you!
Coronavirus.
Jul 4, 2010 4:42 PM

Aug 2009
Wow, I feel like a part of me won't come back (until the movie of course). I've been following FMA ever since it aired on [as] and now it's been so many years, now it's over.

Really a perfect ending too. And EdXWinry babies makes me happy.

10/10 for me. It had a few issues here and there but the stuff that was good completely blew anything lesser out of the water.
Jul 4, 2010 4:47 PM

Jun 2007
I was feeling a little like crying but it was not until I saw Roy with a mustache I started laughing and crying of happines. It was incredible and I loved how they took the picture same as Hohenheim and Trisha <3

I wasn't an avid fan but it sure was part of my life for several years... I will miss it ;_;

9/10 because some episodes were made as if we all had read the manga (not that I don't want to :3)
Jul 4, 2010 5:12 PM

Oct 2009
I can belive that this is the end ;/
Every episode in the ending arc was perfect and thats why I give overall 10/10
can't wait for a movie!
Jul 4, 2010 5:23 PM

Sep 2008
Since i don´t know how to put up Spoilertags, i´ll just have to do it the old way, im sorry for any unconveniences this may make. Somebody please tell me? o3o

*SPOILER*
It´s sad that the series has ended. But damn, it´s been one hell of a journey. Fun, sad and epic. It sure took some years of my life, but it was worth every minute. Also, i loved Mustangs stache, and not to forget. The Ed and Winry´s Kids were übercute^^
*END*
Jul 4, 2010 5:26 PM

Aug 2008
This episode was one of the very few episodes in the series that was done at a good pace. 5/5 for the episode, 8/10 for the series.

It was slightly better than the first overall, but the first season really done a much better job with the material they both covered, and the pace. It definitely got better and became less noticeable around episode 15, but it was still annoying. Because of that, I'm willing to say that Bones butchered Brotherhood. The series would of been so much better if they took the pace of the first season (minus fillers) all the way, with an overall episode count somewhere between 85-105.

Personally, I'm definitely not going to miss the series. The pace made my enjoyment of the anime pretty low.
Jul 4, 2010 5:28 PM

May 2010
epic ending 10/10
edxwinry ftw
everything was great
and definitely waiting for the move ~~,

~Nyaaa~

Jul 4, 2010 5:50 PM
Sep 2009
That EdWin scene at the end was beautiful, and they had children... Ed Jr and Winry Jr perhaps? xD

The best scene in the entirety of the series was when Winry jumped on Ed and Al, it was so awe-inspiring.

11/10 for me, a great to a great series.
Jul 4, 2010 5:54 PM

Aug 2008
For once, I don't mind the "troll poll". Series was outstanding and while I thought the original anime did a better job with the early parts of the manga it covered, Brotherhood knocked it out of the park. I liked that it wasn't nearly as dour as the previous anime and while the ending is really the end, it was one of the most satisfying finales to a series I've seen. Hiromu Arakawa you rock and I love you!

Jul 4, 2010 6:03 PM

Jan 2008
All round it was a good ending for this series. Definitely better than the other one. Sheesh.

Still can't believe that there's going to be a movie for this.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Jul 4, 2010 6:06 PM

Jul 2009
Perhaps Ed should have given up on alchemy after building the house?
I know, cruel.:p

I'd be susspisious of toddler Selim, even though Bradley's wife is sweet.

Ed's proposal was so akward it was cute.
Ed seems to be dressing like Hoenheim, I wouldn't be surprised if the coat was a hand-me-down.

Mustang with a mustache was gross, he doesn't pull it off.:p
It seems as though he regained his sight?
I wonder if he solved the 'truth' too?

Jul 4, 2010 6:11 PM

Jul 2008
Queen_Stars said:

No, he used the philosopher stone to regain his sight.
Jul 4, 2010 6:16 PM

Jul 2009
Dandere-chan said:
Queen_Stars said:

I assumed so too, yet he seemed rather reluctant to do so.
I wondered if he reconsidered, down to that particular stone being created via the big war.

Jul 4, 2010 6:40 PM

Jul 2008
Queen_Stars said:
Dandere-chan said:
Queen_Stars said:

I assumed so too, yet he seemed rather reluctant to do so.
I wondered if he reconsidered, down to that particular stone being created via the big war.

Well yes this philosopher stone have been created through the war but not using it would have been a waste as well. These life have already been lost, if he can give a meaning to them by using this stone for the goods of their people I think that's good.
Jul 4, 2010 7:06 PM

Aug 2007
Very nice. I think I like how the manga handled it better (no Mustang-stache, really why the moustache), but still so great. Now FMA is really over. :(
Jul 4, 2010 7:07 PM

Apr 2009
I can't believe Fullmetal Alchemist has finally ended. I'm gonna miss this series so much because it's such a good show. The ending was nice. A lot of closure and some glimpse of the future.
Jul 4, 2010 7:12 PM

Apr 2009
I cryed. Im satisfied. And oh yes, Ed and Winryyyyyy. :)
Jul 4, 2010 7:16 PM

Jan 2009
its a very nice series 9/10 for me
Jul 4, 2010 7:17 PM

Aug 2009
Father&Son pic at the end rocks :D
Such a shame it ended :/
Jul 4, 2010 7:41 PM

May 2008
Im satisfied 10/10 :) wished they showed more of what happened to Al after he went to the Eastern countries though

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 4, 2010 7:44 PM

Nov 2007
greenmush said:
Im satisfied 10/10 :) wished they showed more of what happened to Al after he went to the Eastern countries though

Could be the source of the movie materials you never know, you just never know! :)
Coronavirus.
Jul 4, 2010 7:45 PM

Dec 2009
epic..
10/10

waiting the movie!
Jul 4, 2010 7:54 PM

Aug 2008
Yes, best ending to an anime ever! But just like Toy Story 3, I'll be sad that it ended.
kimatg said:

Wow. as I had expected from last week's episode... BEST ENDING EVAR!!!!

So steady-paced, calm... wow, I am totally satisfied. Done. Over. Fin.

Great job to the original author and all the people who participated in the production of the anime.
Thanks for making my sunday evening so exciting every week ^^

PS: Looking forward to the movie, whatever it will be about! :D
There's a movie?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2010 8:01 PM

Dec 2007
For me the ending was too predictable, and it had too much of a happy ending.
but, overall it was a great series..

Still gets an 8/10 from me.

The first series is still my favourite.
Jul 4, 2010 8:02 PM

Oct 2009
CkretAznMan said:
Yes, best ending to an anime ever! But just like Toy Story 3, I'll be sad that it ended.
kimatg said:

Wow. as I had expected from last week's episode... BEST ENDING EVAR!!!!

So steady-paced, calm... wow, I am totally satisfied. Done. Over. Fin.

Great job to the original author and all the people who participated in the production of the anime.
Thanks for making my sunday evening so exciting every week ^^

PS: Looking forward to the movie, whatever it will be about! :D
There's a movie?

There will be a movie.
Jul 4, 2010 8:12 PM

Feb 2009
You know, it's so weird going to the "Currently Watching" section of my anime list here and not seeing Brotherhood listed. I joined here in February of '08, and it's been a fixture in that section for a good chunk of that time.

Jul 4, 2010 8:31 PM
Jun 2010
This show was good to watch but it's not even close to a masterpiece, nice too see the manga version. It has a lot of flaws : unexplained things, putting comedy in Scar moments is just wtf, cliché good versus evil, Kimblee was fucking useless, some homonculous having "a heart" even though they massacred innocent people, Roy Mustang is way too strong hehe, Edward being smart in the beginning and ending up being an idiot who rushes to the enemy and getting beaten hard like a stupid Naruto or Ichigo (yeah, it's harsh to compare him to these two douche), the final battle is just totally garbage, why would Al sacrifice himself for Ed to have his arm when an entire platoon of military idiot can attack Father but nooooo they wanted Edward to have his "hero moment" and the idiots military are cheering him instead. I totally understand this childish ending, they wanted Edward to be useful for once, since Scar and Mustang did all the job + the rest of the army.

Full Metal Alchemist is better than Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood in every aspect, even with its stupid ending. But that's my opinion.

Anyway, I rate it 7/10.

About this episode, the only good moment was the alchemist confession version (I was lol) and wenry's answer was so cute. LOL at the kids in the end (are they Ed's or Al's ? who knows)

Al's voice just doesn't work with his face BTW.

Jul 4, 2010 8:59 PM

Apr 2009
Amazing episode, and really well done after reading the manga. Pacing was great, and a super end to a fantastic series, episode = 5/5 show = 10/10
Jul 4, 2010 9:01 PM

Jul 2008
supersayen said:
This show was good to watch but it's not even close to a masterpiece, nice too see the manga version. It has a lot of flaws : unexplained things, putting comedy in Scar moments is just wtf, cliché good versus evil, Kimblee was fucking useless, some homonculous having "a heart" even though they massacred innocent people, Roy Mustang is way too strong hehe, Edward being smart in the beginning and ending up being an idiot who rushes to the enemy and getting beaten hard like a stupid Naruto or Ichigo (yeah, it's harsh to compare him to these two douche), the final battle is just totally garbage, why would Al sacrifice himself for Ed to have his arm when an entire platoon of military idiot can attack Father but nooooo they wanted Edward to have his "hero moment" and the idiots military are cheering him instead. I totally understand this childish ending, they wanted Edward to be useful for once, since Scar and Mustang did all the job + the rest of the army.

Full Metal Alchemist is better than Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood in every aspect, even with its stupid ending. But that's my opinion.

Anyway, I rate it 7/10.

About this episode, the only good moment was the alchemist confession version (I was lol) and wenry's answer was so cute. LOL at the kids in the end (are they Ed's or Al's ? who knows)

You gave 10/10 to code geass thus making your opinion invalid.
Jul 4, 2010 9:18 PM

Nov 2008
garfield15 said:
Wow, I feel like a part of me won't come back (until the movie of course). I've been following FMA ever since it aired on [as] and now it's been so many years, now it's over.

Really a perfect ending too. And EdXWinry babies makes me happy.

10/10 for me. It had a few issues here and there but the stuff that was good completely blew anything lesser out of the water.

yeah but we do still have like 40 weeks of the dub xD
Jul 4, 2010 9:39 PM

Nov 2008
supersayen said:

Anyway, I rate it 7/10.

when i started reading your post i was expecting a lower score lol but anyway, im positive they're ed's kids since he's the one with a giant smile on his face :)
Jul 4, 2010 9:46 PM

Apr 2010
Unresolved plot point: What happened to the Eighth General? Damn. Arakawa completely forgot about him, and that's not like her since she keeps track of her minor characters so well.

Also, I didn't realize there were so many other countries out there. I counted 2 countries near Creta and Aerugo in the west, and a whopping 10 countries to the east of Xing. It's like Central Asia in the real world, lol.
Jul 4, 2010 9:48 PM
Jun 2010
You gave 10/10 to code geass thus making your opinion invalid.

What? what's the relation between me giving code geass 10/10 and stating facts I didn't like about this anime?

when i started reading your post i was expecting a lower score lol but anyway, im positive they're ed's kids since he's the one with a giant smile on his face :)

Well I did say this show was good, and good is 7/10 on MAL lol

Pages (20) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.