Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (20) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »
Jul 8, 2010 6:15 AM

Jun 2010
Good one for happy ending. I heard that FMAB will have the movie, is it true?
Jul 8, 2010 6:56 AM

Apr 2010
A nice feel good ending. ^^

Jul 8, 2010 7:08 AM

Feb 2009
Kagurawr said:
This was a good anime. I started watching it late when 55-ish episodes were already out, but I found myself catching up fast wanting to watch an episode instantly after the earlier one had finished.

Had this anime ended an episode earlier, I might have dragged the score up by one point from good to very good.

There's still something bothering me though. Like hey, it was a good anime but 40% of the people rated this anime consider it a 'masterpiece'. Aren't you guys a little overreacting?

Maybe you're underreacting, ever think of that?

It's a masterfully told shonen adventure story. Point me towards one that's done better.

Jul 8, 2010 3:27 PM

Feb 2009
Ed is really starting to look like his father when he gets older and bigger. He's so handsome. I'm so happy to see it all ended well. I will really miss this. <3
Jul 8, 2010 4:21 PM

Mar 2009
"The ending of FMA:B.....its like the end of part of my own life..."
This sentence from the poll is so right... I really feel like a part of my life just ended.
What an awesome series it was... I will really miss it for a while.
And it was a very good ending...
Lol @ what Winry said to Ed haha. Lucky guy...
WTF Mustang not being the Fuhrer? Anyways...
Selim being alive and having kids would mean that there would be homunculii blood among the humans... what would that mean in terms of renkinjutsu and rentanjutsu?

The only thing I could complain about is that I didn't get enough Winry in the last 20 episodes. :(

Amazing anime... farewell. (or should I say till next time? :P)
edit: wow there's gonna be a movie!!!
Jul 8, 2010 4:43 PM

May 2007
How long i have waited for the last scene where Ed en winry are holding babies!

The serie was epic and one of the best serie of all time.

10/10
Jul 8, 2010 10:20 PM

Sep 2007
I'm excited but a bit sad because it's the end
I really enjoyed it :D
Jul 8, 2010 10:36 PM
(Gamer)

Aug 2009
Hell yeah, this anime is number one on this site. It's a phucking masterpiece.

Jul 8, 2010 10:55 PM

Jan 2008
Cool. It was a great ride till the end. Story was masterfully wrapped up. Animations of fight sequences were eye candies. What's more? I just love this show.
Jul 9, 2010 1:44 AM

Oct 2008
Kagurawr said:
ArnoldK said:
Maybe you're underreacting, ever think of that?

It's a masterfully told shonen adventure story. Point me towards one that's done better.

touché

If you took a look at my list, you'd probably notice I'm not really a big fan of shounen anime.

However, does Gintama count as shounen? If it does, it's definitely better by all means. If not, then there's nothing better than FMA: Brotherhood that I've come across.

gintama is shounen . . But i don't like it as much as fma brotherhood . . Well , everyone is entitled to his/her opinion . .
Jul 9, 2010 2:17 AM

Oct 2008
Not updating it on my list doesn't mean i haven't seen it . . So my argument (which it never was) stands :) :)
Jul 9, 2010 5:07 AM

Sep 2008
Kagurawr said:

There's still something bothering me though. Like hey, it was a good anime but 40% of the people rated this anime consider it a 'masterpiece'. Aren't you guys a little overreacting?

same here. There were some things about the show that really bothered me. But then again, I'm not much of a shounen fan either. It was a fun ride though
"...our faces marked by toil, by deceptions, by success, by love; our weary eyes looking still, looking always, looking anxiously for something out of life, that while it is expected is already gone – has passed unseen, in a sigh, in a flash – together with the youth, with the strength, with the romance of illusions.” - Joseph Conrad ('Youth')
Jul 9, 2010 6:01 AM

May 2008
I have a question. Did Edward suddenly grew tall at the last episode? o_O Looks different to me.
Jul 9, 2010 6:34 AM

Oct 2008
^if i'm not wrong . . Ed has grown a lot (physically) since episode 45 . . And no one has called him SHORT since then (besides one instance in episode 60)

just to let everyone know , that FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST BROTHERHOOD ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK 3 , released in japan on july 7th :)
Jul 9, 2010 7:44 AM

Nov 2008
I thought I was going to cry watching the last episode, thankfully no tears! WHEW! But I had to say the final episode is to me feels like a drag compared to the manga, don't know why. BUT STILL IT'S THE BEST!!!! FMA RULEZ!!!!

HOLY SMOKES! Mustang grows a moustache, didn't see that from the manga. But it sure cracks me up!

*goes update anime list to complete* NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! TTT^TTT
Jul 9, 2010 9:10 AM

May 2008
but he seems significantly taller to me in the last episode. ._.
Jul 9, 2010 9:50 AM

Oct 2008
Kagurawr said:
Radical said:
but he seems significantly taller to me in the last episode. ._.

Maybe the leg he received from the Truth guy was a little bigger than the one he had earlier!

sorry , but edward didn't get his leg back . . .
Jul 9, 2010 10:24 AM

Oct 2008
If i remember well . . Edward sacrificed his arm , to get al's soul back from truth . . Al reversed it in episode 62. . he gave away his soul , so that ed could get his ARM back , ONLY. . . (equivalent exchange , you see)
and al also mentions , that the brothers didn't even try to get his leg back , because ed wanted to keep the automail leg as a sign(remembrance,memory) of their journey :)
lafuria_suxJul 9, 2010 10:28 AM
Jul 9, 2010 10:31 AM
Sep 2009
The leg was lost in the attempted human transmutation.

The arm was exchanged for Al's soul, which he bonded to a suit of armor. Al reversed the exchange, sacrificing his soul to get Al's arm back.

Ed was able to get Al's whole body back by sacrificing his ability to do alchemy, but neither of them did anything that could "cancel out" the human transmutation that lost Ed his leg.

I believe Al even says in this episode that Ed didn't mind keeping the automail leg "as a reminder."
Jul 9, 2010 11:42 PM

Jul 2008
awwwwww, what a sweet ending
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jul 10, 2010 7:06 AM

Mar 2009
edward get really tall in 5 years

Jul 10, 2010 9:29 PM

Sep 2008
Awww... Awesome ending. :') It's great that something so epic has finally come to a close, and a little sad... 'Twas a great ride! FMA will definitely remain as one of my favourite anime series of all time~~
Jul 10, 2010 11:51 PM

Jan 2009
I cried a little. T_T

10/10!!!!

I hope the movie helps bring a little more closure and tells us more of their journey's after the series.
Jul 11, 2010 9:07 AM

Aug 2007
Eew, Roy grew a moustache. Not acceptable. But the ending was even better than the manga ending, because of the extra info. Probably one of the best endings there'll ever be in anime history.
Dutch anime blogger with a love for Ikuhara's antics and proper storytelling.
Jul 11, 2010 9:31 AM

Jun 2009
Best anime !! 10/10
Jul 11, 2010 9:55 AM

Jun 2010
Loved seeing that an anime has a great and satisfying ending, since that doesn't happen much! FMA & FMAB are my favorite anime, loved how everything wrapped up nicely for FMAB. It sucks that Ed can't use alchemy anymore, but he doesn't need it. My predictions for the movie are maybe a depiction of Ed's and Al's collective research and their travels to the West and East or something about Xerses or Xing. Either way, I can't wait to see it.
A N I M E & M A N G A videos:
http://youtube.com/theRAofEdwardElric

SUSTAIN THE ANIME INDUSTRY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIIak-O1BwM
Jul 11, 2010 10:21 AM
Dec 2008
Sorry if anyone mentioned this earlier in the thread. But am I the only one wondering what happened to Pinako in this ep? She got no mention... just like Hohenheim.
Jul 11, 2010 4:22 PM

Aug 2009
OMG ED AND WINRY BECAME A FAMILY AND MADE BABIES OHHH I WISH I SAW THE SCENE WHEN THEY WERE MAKING THE BABIES. :( Anyways I am very satisfied. 10/10.

Oh and I love the part when Ed was like it's equivalent exchange I'll give you half of my life and you'll give me yours and Winry was like I'll give all to you. LOLOL OMG LOL.

AND OMG I THOUGHT MUSTANG IS GOING TO BE THE PRESIDENT? WHY THE FUCK IS GRUNMAN THE PRESIDENT? HE GOT THE LOOKS OF AN EVIL MAN FUCK.
MoonfrostJul 11, 2010 4:26 PM
Jul 11, 2010 4:34 PM

Jul 2010
It was a truly beautiful ending.
The EdxWinry scene was heartwarming and comedic. I also loved how Mrs. Bradley was given a happy ending despite losing her husband and child. The pictures on the board almost made me want to get a little teary-eyed.
I LOL'D at Roy's french mustache.
The only downside for me was AlxMei, but that just comes down to personal preferences. Overall, this is one of the best anime endings I have ever seen.
HarlequinadeJul 11, 2010 4:39 PM
Jul 11, 2010 4:40 PM

Jul 2010
MiG_853 said:
Sorry if anyone mentioned this earlier in the thread. But am I the only one wondering what happened to Pinako in this ep? She got no mention... just like Hohenheim.

She probably died from old age.
Jul 11, 2010 8:03 PM
Jul 2008
woww! I love the ending of fma brotherhood! it's soo good 10/10... I wish there were more eps ...don't want it to end >< ... this is the second anime series I give a 10 to, besides season 2 of code geass
Jul 12, 2010 3:05 AM

Aug 2008
Cool ending!!! what happened to the other half of the philosopher's stone?
*badass mode activated*
Jul 12, 2010 5:12 PM

Feb 2009
Harlequinade said:
MiG_853 said:

Or she's still around. It's only two years later.

Jul 12, 2010 8:11 PM
Jul 2010
THERE IS A GIANT FUCKING ROBOT! LIKE WTF IS GOING ON...

I don't understand who the alchemist is? Like; who are the main characters. (I mean, I've been watching the shows; but not in anything like good to make it that way. In other words, I've been watching but I don't know what the balls is going on.)

Like balls; what is going on? All the shows I have been watching have been in Japanese; like no engrish subbies and I NEED ENGRISH SUBBIES BECAUSE I DON'T FEEL LIKE READING WHY THEY TALK; BECAUSE IF I WANTED TO READ AND JUST LOOK AT PICS THAN I WOULD READ A BOOK. I wish there was a place I could go to get those engrish subbies.
Jul 13, 2010 12:04 AM
Sep 2009
Um ... did you seriously watch 64 episodes of a show, in a language you don't understand ... without subtitles?

Do a Google search for "Eclipse Speedsubs." The first result is the fansub group Eclipse, where ALL 64 EPISODES are available (as torrent files) in Japanese with English subtitles, in AVI (DivX) and HD MKV formats. They even have a full torrent of all 64 episodes in one.

Alternatively, the Volume 1 DVD is out in North America, which has the first 13 episodes in English (dubbed) and Japanese (subtitled). The episodes are also airing on Adult Swim (Cartoon Network), dubbed in English. Dunno what episode they're up to now, but it's at least 21 (I think).

And ... one last thing ... what giant robot?

... I'm very confused.
Jul 13, 2010 12:50 AM

Oct 2008
thendisnear said:

are you sure , you're in the correct thread ?? :)

and didn't anyone notice pinako . She was in the photo montage , standing in front of hoho's and trisha's graves . .
Jul 13, 2010 8:33 AM
Jun 2009
I think he's talking about Al... I too thought he was a robot the first time I saw him! LOL

It's reviewing the first episode, it seems
Jul 13, 2010 11:00 AM

Jul 2010
ArnoldK said:
Harlequinade said:
MiG_853 said:

Or she's still around. It's only two years later.

Sorry, I was referring to the time period where the pictures on the board were taken. But, now I am corrected thanks to silent_killer.
HarlequinadeJul 13, 2010 11:06 AM
Jul 13, 2010 2:25 PM
Mar 2009
And so this fucking awesome anime ends...damnit...

Scar finally has stopped his quest for revenge and seeks to find a new purpose. Mustang's got his whole team again and Grumman became Fuhrer?

Mustang has an ugly mustache (bleh), Ed hit his growth spurt (he's taller than Al and Winry now!), and Ed has the most awkward, but funny confession I've ever heard. So after that, we fast forward a couple more years? Ed and Winry have kids and I'm guessing Al and Mei are in a relationship too. Aww, I want to know what they learned from their trip around the world.

Goodbye Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, it was one of the best animes I've had the pleasure of watching.
Jul 13, 2010 4:11 PM

Jun 2008
10/10. A whole episode dedicated to an epilogue. Man, the ending couldn't get any better. Lovely.

Some questions I either forgot what the answer was or didn't bother to ask:

Why's Edward all tall now? It was mentioned before that probably due to Edward maintaining the body of Al, that he lacks in growth, but he was taller toward the end of the series, not just the end. I guess it was just a late bloomer thing.

Isn't Pride in Selim gone? Why's Selim still a homunculus?

I'm curiouuuuus.
Jul 14, 2010 12:09 AM
Oct 2009
Like many others here, I loved the ending. After all the struggles they went through, it's great to see a happy ending.
Ed's confession to Winry: Best.Confession.Ever
It was so cute and so funny.

But what the hell Roy, why? Why the moustache???
And what's with Selim's forehead nipple?
Jul 14, 2010 8:38 AM

Jan 2008
I adored, if not loved this show from beginning to end.

Even thought I expected some things it didn't matter as it was most brilliant to actually see it.

Laugh at me all you want for me crying at an anime, I just can't help it.
I hope you have a lovely day ♥ヾ(๑❛ ▿ ◠๑ )
Jul 14, 2010 11:34 AM

Jan 2010
thendisnear said:

I don't understand who the alchemist is? Like; who are the main characters. (I mean, I've been watching the shows; but not in anything like good to make it that way. In other words, I've been watching but I don't know what the balls is going on.)

Like balls; what is going on? All the shows I have been watching have been in Japanese; like no engrish subbies and I NEED ENGRISH SUBBIES BECAUSE I DON'T FEEL LIKE READING WHY THEY TALK; BECAUSE IF I WANTED TO READ AND JUST LOOK AT PICS THAN I WOULD READ A BOOK. I wish there was a place I could go to get those engrish subbies.

I lol'd.
Jul 17, 2010 6:14 AM

Apr 2009
It feels so empty without FMA:B... guess I'll start rewatching it soon.

However, 10/10 and favourite, can't believe it's over... and I highly doubt it's ever gonna be surpassed.
Jul 17, 2010 11:28 AM

Oct 2009
In manga everything was more awesome actually, but this is still great. 10/10
Jul 17, 2010 11:43 AM

Aug 2009
Amazing anime for sure, one of the greatest endings I've seen aswell, everything wrapped up nicely :D

10/10

Jul 17, 2010 12:43 PM

Apr 2009
Moonfrost said:
OMG ED AND WINRY BECAME A FAMILY AND MADE BABIES OHHH I WISH I SAW THE SCENE WHEN THEY WERE MAKING THE BABIES. :( Anyways I am very satisfied. 10/10.

Oh and I love the part when Ed was like it's equivalent exchange I'll give you half of my life and you'll give me yours and Winry was like I'll give all to you. LOLOL OMG LOL.

AND OMG I THOUGHT MUSTANG IS GOING TO BE THE PRESIDENT? WHY THE FUCK IS GRUNMAN THE PRESIDENT? HE GOT THE LOOKS OF AN EVIL MAN FUCK.

I lol'd xD Seriously.
RandomPerson4 said:
YES! FUCK YOU LIGHT YAGAMI! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!
Jul 17, 2010 12:46 PM

Oct 2009
Awesome anime. An epic fight and a perfect epilogue episode to wrap up everything neatly~ 10/10

I think from the whole series, my favorite fight scene is still going to be Greed VS Wrath

Jul 17, 2010 4:37 PM

Jan 2009
Galactic_Kitten said:
Like many others here, I loved the ending. After all the struggles they went through, it's great to see a happy ending.
Ed's confession to Winry: Best.Confession.Ever
It was so cute and so funny.

But what the hell Roy, why? Why the moustache???
And what's with Selim's forehead nipple?

I assume that the "nipple" is supposed to be some kind of seal of his powers.
Jul 18, 2010 1:07 PM

Oct 2007
This episode was just right. Gave closure and mentioned most of the main characters again and even showing us some of their future selves.

Goodbye Fullmetal Alchemist, until we meet again (on BluRay).

"Thousands have lived without love, not one without water." -Wystan Hugh
Pages (20) « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

samatar45 - Oct 2, 2009

286 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Oct 11, 2009

296 by Fortvne »»
Apr 22, 4:31 PM

» What’s bad about this anime ( 1 2 3 )

sangonomiya_k - Nov 18, 2023

132 by Chewbaccaccino »»
Apr 21, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

adamantine - Aug 16, 2009

215 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 20, 10:29 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.