Forum Settings
Forums

Manga Author Explains the New Characters of Kuroshitsuji II

New
Jul 3, 2010 11:56 PM

Feb 2008
Toboso Yana, the author of Kuroshitsuji manga, posted an entry about Kuroshitsuji II in her web diary. She explained the background of the decision to announce the new master and the butler last January.

Spoiler warning! Watch the episode 1 of Kuroshitsuji II before reading the text below.

Source: Toboso's web diary
myanimelistllcSep 1, 2016 2:26 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 3, 2010 11:59 PM

Apr 2010
Wow.

KracksicklesJul 4, 2010 12:02 AM

Jul 4, 2010 12:25 AM

Nov 2008
Funimation needs to hurry with the simulcast so I can read that statement!
Jul 4, 2010 12:31 AM

Aug 2009
Epic troll.
Jul 4, 2010 12:44 AM

Sep 2008
I'm glad they reached the right decision.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2010 12:50 AM

Nov 2007
At least they seemed to have given some thought about not just simply reviving the dead and ruin season 1's ending. Hopefully they can present a logical and satisfying excuse for the stunt they pulled regarding one character from the first season.
Jul 4, 2010 12:53 AM

Aug 2008
well it was one hell of a shock xD
though she did a really good job with characters ;)
Jul 4, 2010 1:13 AM

Dec 2009
You know.. I kinda had a feeling there was some sort of trick to it.. but it was being depted by doubt between wether or not they will be in it or not. But that was one amazing veil they pulled upon us.. nicely done Yana. Not only does she love irony but tricks as well.. now we know where Sebastian gets his sense of amusement.

Anyway.. I'm glad they came to the discissions.. not only do we have a great first season with a fantastic ending but now we have some sort of mystery and a possibly excitting second season on our hands. We won't know until more episodes come out. I do have one thing to say about the criticism though...

Now even for Yana that was harsh.. Every author has affections for there characters after all your creations are like your children.

(this little message of mine sounds odd.. so someone please remind me to change it latter.)(I'm nervous upon what I say..-_-)

Jul 4, 2010 1:27 AM

Jun 2009
I'm glad that they choose to bring Ciel and Sebby. I respect you, Yana:D

Jul 4, 2010 1:42 AM
Sep 2008
Toboso knows what she's doing.
Jul 4, 2010 2:07 AM

Oct 2007
scared of fangirl trolls huh?
Jul 4, 2010 2:20 AM

Oct 2008
First of all - I have a lot of respect for Yana Toboso. I think everything she creates is awesome.

And secondly - this is really going to be Phantomhive vs Trancy
Jul 4, 2010 4:24 AM

Mar 2009
yun90 said:

seconded. ;D
Jul 4, 2010 4:55 AM
Jul 2018
chie_shou13 said:
yun90 said:

seconded. ;D

thirded :33
Jul 4, 2010 5:14 AM

Oct 2009
Konataku said:
chie_shou13 said:
yun90 said:

seconded. ;D

thirded :33

fourthed xd
Jul 4, 2010 5:28 AM

Feb 2010
They were probably LOL-ing at all the criticisms.

Like "STFU AND WATCH THE SHOW, FAGGOTS!" :x
icegenie.pngUntitled-1_04-04.gif
Jul 4, 2010 5:31 AM

Apr 2010
shadowsword said:
First of all - I have a lot of respect for Yana Toboso. I think everything she creates is awesome.

And secondly - this is really going to be Phantomhive vs Trancy

I respect her too, I won't deny I was alittle bit mad with the end of the first season~

And about the second part, I'd love to see Alois arguing with Ciel. Talk about the fail conversation, no way they'll get along~

Seems like I might as well be stalking this series~

Cheers for Toboso Yana~ ♥
Jul 4, 2010 5:35 AM

Aug 2009
Hardly trolling.

I wish the 'fans' would just shut the hell up in the first place and watch it to the end.

Toboso's a brill mangaka that gets involved in the anime adaptations (even with her shouta tendencies) so of course she'd listen to the fans. Besides, I really like Alois and Claude =D I admit I was happy when I heard Ono Daisuke though <3
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 4, 2010 6:45 AM

Aug 2009
icegenie said:

Jul 4, 2010 7:00 AM

Mar 2009
Well, Yana Toboso and the producers made a good job of pulling off the rug under the fandom's feet. I'm glad they did what they did and not reveal anything until the actual episode of Season II air.
Jul 4, 2010 7:02 AM

Apr 2007
heh-- so that's how it is... Great then!

Jul 4, 2010 7:02 AM

Jan 2010
icegenie said:

lol! xD
Jul 4, 2010 7:16 AM

Jul 2009
when the first ep aired i was like YES they brought back sebastian~ also i think this season will be excellent like the first
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 4, 2010 7:35 AM

Dec 2008
They did an excellent job of keeping things under wraps. I was overjoyed to see Sebby again!!
Jul 4, 2010 7:43 AM

Aug 2008
Sounds interesting, can't wait to see the new season now.
Jul 4, 2010 8:05 AM

Apr 2010
I, honestly, didn't expect them to pull a trick like that. But I had hoped that they would since I wasn't able to handle 'losing' Sebby and Ciel for the entire season 2. :))

I liked what they did--'coz it gave all of us a HUGE surprise, makes us all wonder what the heck really happened and this way, it's going to get really exciting. :D
Jul 4, 2010 9:18 AM

Jul 2008
Shocker, but okay. I still don't get why the fans are all butthurt over the new characters. Shouldn't they be happy for a new season?
[ ] Me and Yuusei; we's like peas and carrots~ [ ]
Jul 4, 2010 9:20 AM
May 2008
poor Toboso-samaxD so many unjust accusations.. they're all working really hard, must be tough to handle all the whining.

Phantomhive vs Trancy - I just hope the obvious doesnt happen. It would be nice to see an unexpected ending.
Jul 4, 2010 9:39 AM

Jun 2010
Yah. When I saw the opening of the second season Im like Who the hell is this? Wtf? Is this sebastian? I was Disappointed when I watched the half of the show but then Sebastian and Ciel appeared. I was so excited but why do they need to make Alois and Claude the main characters. Im disappointed, I still want Ciel And Sebastian to be the main chars.
Jul 4, 2010 9:41 AM

Jan 2010
Phew. While I wasn't too pleased when I heard about 2 new leads (after cultivating affection for Ciel & Seb over 26 episodes!), I was sorta looking forward to seeing whether they'll outshine their predecessors or are they just a second-rate copy.

Now that they pulled a trick like that...I'll get to see both.=D
Jul 4, 2010 9:42 AM

Mar 2008
Toboso said that the aim of the tricky announcement will be understood if you watch the series to the end.

Oh really? That sounds surprising... and convenient. Let's all watch the show until the end so they can redeem and explain themselves. Way to go Tono!
Jul 4, 2010 9:47 AM

Jul 2007
They can just say they wanted to pull our leg and that's it instead of using so many words. They trolled us pretty hard... I wasn't going to watch if Sebastian wasn't in it :P
Jul 4, 2010 9:52 AM

Oct 2009
SERIOUSLY THOSE KINDS OF FANS MADE ME SO MAD.
don't blame the author if she wants to change the characters. She wants to add the thrill and for a change and to try something new.
THEY DON'T KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO COME UP WITH AN IDEA LIKE THAT.
I know I am posting my own opinion but seriously, how could they say that not knowing how the staff and the author herself is going to react?!

I love you forever, さよなら 君が愛してるよ ♪

Jul 4, 2010 12:17 PM

Jun 2008
....in my opinion, as a fan of the manga I already felt abandoned when the anime divulged into filler and created its own failure of a plot.

And I felt that way again when Sebastian and Ciel showed up in the second series.

Waaay more than when I found out there were supposed to be new protagonists.

Just saying.

Still, those "fan" letters are waaay harsh. They weren't going to be in the second series because Ciel clearly DIED at the end of the first series. And just because an author kills off one of their characters, it doesn't mean they don't love the character. :/
Jul 4, 2010 12:42 PM

Feb 2010
Love to Yana. She deserves it.
Jul 4, 2010 1:30 PM

Apr 2009
I love how the kept it secret and then just suprised us all. It was amazing. I had so many emotions flowing through me in that episode, i dont even know how to explain it. And i love the new characters. They're great! :)
Jul 4, 2010 1:46 PM

Sep 2009
mirichan00 said:
Toboso said that the aim of the tricky announcement will be understood if you watch the series to the end.

Oh really? That sounds surprising... and convenient. Let's all watch the show until the end so they can redeem and explain themselves. Way to go Tono!

Yes, plot twists and unexpected things should always be explained first episode.
-nods-
Jul 4, 2010 2:34 PM

Dec 2008
Classy move, Toboso-sensei. Classy move indeed.
~ SilentMuse, At Your Service. ~
Jul 4, 2010 2:45 PM

Nov 2009
Wow, Toboso is outstanding! Although the fans were harsh with their criticisms, even though the ending of the first season did imply what it did, Toboso managed to work her way around all of it. I was just casually watching the first episode of Kuroshitsuji II but was left flabbergasted! Now I definitely can't wait for more episodes to be released!
Jul 4, 2010 2:48 PM

Nov 2009
midgetlover said:
SERIOUSLY THOSE KINDS OF FANS MADE ME SO MAD.
don't blame the author if she wants to change the characters. She wants to add the thrill and for a change and to try something new.
THEY DON'T KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO COME UP WITH AN IDEA LIKE THAT.
I know I am posting my own opinion but seriously, how could they say that not knowing how the staff and the author herself is going to react?!

I agree! The first season ended perfectly! Seriously... extreme fanism hits annoyance just about every time. They need to slap themselves in the face and watch with a more open mind! >:(
Jul 4, 2010 3:59 PM

Mar 2010
I thought it was a lame stunt pulled by the staff of BB2. I was rooting for the new butler, master, and staff. And the introduction for the new characters felt pretty rushed.

So the show's going to be about the old characters again? It has the stench of Gundam Seed Destiny all over again. THE HELL??!! I didn't sign up for this!

Wow, though. I guess the fujoshi ARE keeping the creators of anime on a short leash. But atleast they're a bit more reasonable than those who complained about B-gata H-kei (and went way too far).
Jul 4, 2010 4:14 PM

Dec 2007
Seeing as Yana has been working with the producers for season 2, I'm wondering and even hoping that she has intentions of introducing Alois and his troupe in the manga.

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Jul 4, 2010 5:04 PM

May 2010
I highly doubt Alois & Claude will enter the manga (maybe only as a short cameo).
Yana has stated she thinks the Anime and Manga are completely seperate Kuroshitsuji works and that she likes it with subtle differences in character and other things between the anime and manga~

Though I still hope to see the Circus Arc animated. That would be amazing.

And also, Yana Toboso is amazing. <3 She's so nice and forgiving to her fans.
Jul 4, 2010 10:45 PM

Oct 2009
Epic troll. Specially when I heard on net that Ciel-Sebastian won't show on second season.
But I'm glad they decide to bring Ciel and Sebastian back :D
Phantomhive vs Trancy seems to be interesting.
Jul 5, 2010 12:53 AM

Nov 2007
icegenie said:

Very decent act, Yono.
Jul 5, 2010 4:11 AM

Mar 2009
So, it will be Phantomhive vs Trancy? It'll be really interesting there.

I'm glad Ciel and Sebastian are back! :D. I thought when I'm watching Kuroshitsuji II, I won't see those two again XD

Still, the first episode of season two lack of comedy, unlike the first season...
Join our village, where we can have fun together.

Jul 5, 2010 4:30 AM
Feb 2010
Those sorts of fans are annoying. Do they forgot that she was the one who created them? don't insult her, without her there wouldn't be any Ciel, Sebastian, Grell, etcetc. Especially before the series had even started, that's stupid.

-----
Even though Ciel and Sebby are back there must be a reason for Claude and Alois.
I do hope Sebastian and Ciel aren't completely replaced later on.
Jul 5, 2010 5:38 AM

Jan 2009
battleknight45 said:
scared of fangirl trolls huh?

i told you fangirls are scary in this time period

glad they decide to make both of them appear again, and with the whole new character i think the story will be quite more original :x
Jul 5, 2010 6:05 AM

Apr 2010
Well, this statement at least made me curious about the anime... I started watching the first episode the other day and couldn't go through with it, it was all so nonsensical. But I'm giving it another try, though. If the mangaka says wait, we wait.
Jul 5, 2010 6:59 AM

Dec 2009
They sure had an awesome idea xD.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
6 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.