Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 20, 2015 6:31 PM

Feb 2015
I really liked how we got a sorta rearranged version of the TV show's OP when Vash and Wolfwood reunited towards the end.
Jun 21, 2016 1:48 PM

Nov 2014
Rewatched it one more time after these years, man MadHouse is good.

Jul 1, 2016 12:29 PM

Oct 2015
Animation: Madhouse/10.

A very good movie indeed.
Hisoka said:
True love is finding someone whose demons play well with yours.
Illumi said:
Sep 18, 2016 5:29 AM

Feb 2013
Cool.
I liked Gasback and Amelia's backstory, I thought from the start that they were related in some way.
It was funny seeing Vash die for a few minutes.
Feb 15, 2017 8:42 AM

Dec 2015
Seems like time really can make miracles happen, I hated the tv series, but this was a good movie. The comedy was good, the action was good and the animation of course was good, well done Madhouse!
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Feb 20, 2017 7:58 PM

Feb 2017
I'm watching Trigun for the first time right now and watched this right around the episode 10-12 mark.

I really enjoyed it! I honestly think it was a little bit more interesting than the story throughout the series so far. Definitely a flick I would for sure watch again or show to a friend interested in maybe watching the series.
Jul 21, 2017 4:32 AM

Oct 2015
That was a great show down between vash and Gusback, he totally wiped the floor with him without killing. I dont understand Amelia's resentment towards her father.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Oct 21, 2017 5:52 PM

Jan 2014
RafaelDeJongh said:
This was a great movie although it must be somewhere in the middle of the story that this takes place as well Wolfwood is still alive after all... Either way this sure was quite lovely with again a great combination of humor and action with a lovely ending in general!

Would've loved to see a second season but well this movie sure was awesome as well!

old post but agree would like to see s:2 or another movie btw Madhouse Studio had really put a lot of effort to this movie
Aug 13, 2018 2:15 PM

Sep 2011
The animation was gorgeous, the action scenes were incredible, and just like in the anime Wolfwood was the hottest stuff in every single way. lol And even though I really dislike Vash, I loved how Wolfwood wore his glasses to the confrontation after he thought he had died, but that's it. The movie is far from perfect, but at least it was more enjoyable than the anime.
Dec 6, 2018 9:47 AM
Jun 2017
The plot was pretty much obvious but still a good watch.
Sep 5, 2019 11:39 AM

Apr 2013
The visuals were really nice in this one, especially considering the age of the movie. Vash was still annoying with his no-kill policy though, that wasn't much different from the TV series.
Nov 1, 2019 12:20 PM

Sep 2019
Gasback is the real hero of the movie. I was so thrilled when he attack the city to revenge on his friends.
Apr 15, 2020 1:40 AM
Jul 2018
As a movie, I'm disappointed. As it's own episode, it's pretty good... I think. Maybe because I immediately went to the movie after finishing Trigun. I don't know.

7/10
Apr 15, 2020 7:22 AM

Aug 2018
Pretty good movie but when I have to compare it to the Cowboy Bebop movie I recently watched it doesn't seem that amazing. Yes it is enjoyable and animed nicely but at the end of the day nothing significantly amazing or outstanding

I'd probably rate this movie 7.6/10
Oct 14, 2020 4:57 PM

May 2010
I loved Trigun, but this film just fails to capture the same feeling.
Story is way too predictable and the animation isn't really that good.
6/10
Nov 5, 2020 5:44 PM

Dec 2007
great movie of trigun, contains all what makes trigun tick and more.

there's some things that wasn't that mystery to me, like emilia's twist and vash's death, but the story were very good and vash was him and more.

i watched the series a while now so i don't remember if that was wolfoof voice or not, if it was then it's hard for me that i didn't noticed his voice didn't matched the character, it it's isn't, then it's clear to me.

the animation and the sound were great, i would love trigun remake with the same treatment.

8/10
Nov 26, 2020 10:26 PM

May 2016
This was exactly the kind of watching experience I'd hope to get more of when I started the original series. The plot getting deeper and darker in the anime's second half was nice but I kind of wanted it to stay fairly light-hearted with tons of stylized action and a decent story on the side. In regards to that, the movie did everything perfectly for me~

Despite knowing that Amelia and Gasback were related in that way the moment they faced each other, seeing the revelation itself was rather satisfying. The same goes for Vash surviving that gunshot. It was obvious that he didn't die but finding out that the meat was the one that saved him was hilarious.

Overall great movie. Loved to see Vash and friends again!

Mar 26, 2021 10:50 AM
EOussama

Dec 2016
Amazing amazing movie, I missed Vash and the gang, really pays homage to the original TV SHOW.
Apr 21, 2021 11:30 PM

Feb 2020
I am not a big fan of trigun. Trigun anime some good and some bad episodes making it average anime for me. But this movie was pretty good, reminded me of the best episodes/arc of trigun aka Bad Lad Gang arc. Art style looked better than the tv series, closer to manga in my opinion. (Though camera viewpoint was kind of creating as jarring effect similar to metropolis at the beginning, but fortunately it was nothing major as metropolis, So I can ignore it)
Unlike Gung-Ho-Guns from trigun anime, antagonist had some really good character development (motivation and reasoning etc). That made it so much better to watch. Overall I like this movie very much.
AdampkApr 21, 2021 11:40 PM
Click for a anime mashup!
BIO
Still not gone bandwagon u, keep crying. Here u are welcome to CRINGE at my EXISTENCE

Jun 9, 2021 8:59 PM
Jan 2019
i thoroughly enjoyed this movie so much after watching trigun :)
Jun 27, 2021 2:06 AM
Jul 2018
I wish the OG Trigun had this level of animation, still a great a watch nonetheless.
Sep 13, 2021 10:44 AM

May 2019
I won't compare this to original Trigun (regarding art or story) as that was made in the 90s. So it wouldn't be fair. Also I'm sure they brought Wolfwood in because he was such a popular character.

This animation is SO crisp. The character designs are superb. The music fits the scenes and some of it sure amps up the action.

It starts off right in the action and I was hooked. I thought I wouldn't be as I just finished binging Trigun (maybe felt a bit burnt out) but I got into this movie so easily.

That 'maybe that guy is in cosplay' quote when Vash was in the bar was hilarious.

I was thrilled to see Wolfwood. Amelia is adorable AND badass. The insurance girls and Vash are the same which is great as it carries some continuity with characters.

Gasback is formidable, considering hundreds of bounty hunters couldn't take this guy down.

Overall, it was entertaining and well-made.
Dec 29, 2021 9:16 AM
Nov 2020
Damn glad to see Wolfwood alive in this movie even though he died he’s one of my favorite characters after spike and vash
Jul 6, 2022 5:42 AM
May 2021
with 2010's animation Trigun looked much better and good. Animation and visuals were really good. I liked the conclusion of the movie too ❤❤
Apr 3, 2023 7:23 AM

Jul 2013
I had such a great time watching this movie, even though it was filler. It was an awesome treat that the fans of the original Trigun anime got a movie 10+ years later. I wish I could have watched this in a cinema.
Apr 5, 2023 1:23 PM

Oct 2013
I found this movie as entertaining. It fit the atmosphere of the original Trigun anime. Visuals were really pleasant to watch, both in calmer scenes and scenes filled with action. The story was also nice.

NaughtyNoddy said:
It was an awesome treat that the fans of the original Trigun anime got a movie 10+ years later.

Yes, I agree. It must've been a fantastic news for Trigun fans back in the day, to hear about a new anime movie project in development after over a decade since the original Trigun TV series' last episode have aired.
Apr 15, 2023 4:14 AM

Jan 2009
Just capped off my first time watching the original anime with this movie. Had a great time, the art style was top-notch, Gasback was a cool, unapologetic villain.
Perfect send off. The main story-line is much more of a mixed bag, but this was great.
Jun 7, 2023 3:36 PM
Feb 2021
more likable than the series!!!
the story is much more heartwarming and binding!
animation looks better too, but the 3D animation parts are trash!

rating 7/10
Aug 4, 2023 3:59 AM
May 2017
It was predictable that she was Gasback relative because of her obsession with him and appearance. Anyway, it was a really great ride. The animation and art style was much more consistence here.
Sep 26, 2023 8:22 AM

Oct 2022
What a lovely ending and movie overall that Stampede wishes it was! No confusion just straight to the point. I love endings that could lead on for new adventures we don't see. The animation and art style was definitely a big step up, it looks Great! Although, one thing to note is that i don't think Amelia should have been mad at her father, i mean its not his fault her mum fell in love with a bad guy. Anyways this was a pleasant watch after watching the original Trigun a few months back. I love the humour and Vash being a handsome but dumb blonde.
opin·ion
[əˈpɪnjən]

NOUN

1. a view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge:"that, in my opinion, is right" ·

Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Is this separate from Trigun?

19maria9 - Sep 30, 2011

7 by Avichii »»
Nov 1, 2019 12:17 PM

» Vash throwing a tantrum

Angry_Anime_Nerd - Jun 16, 2015

4 by coffeedelusion »»
Dec 12, 2018 4:49 PM

» Trigun the Movie on Toonami in December 2013

YourAnimeGuy - Nov 15, 2013

0 by YourAnimeGuy »»
Nov 15, 2013 7:30 PM

» Did they throw him into the Lazarus pit? (spoiler)

marcosmk - Jan 2, 2013

2 by GodotCoffee »»
Feb 2, 2013 6:13 PM

» Is it coincidence Vic Mignogna was cast as a blonde haired pervert in this movie?

GodotCoffee - May 20, 2012

0 by GodotCoffee »»
May 20, 2012 11:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.