Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 16, 2015 9:11 PM
Sep 2014
Show started with annoying MC and i almost dropped it beacause of that. But, since im masochist i tortured myself those first few episodes. But, once the story started develop i started to like it more and more. I expected it will be romance type of anime but it seems i was wrong. Ending like this was expected once they revealed true form of Yorito, but, it was good. Im glad it ended how it is, neither happy nor sad end, right in the middle. But, i am glad Aono got to live. (she kinda reminded me to Yin from DTB)
Apr 14, 2015 4:41 AM

Apr 2015
For me, this Anime is a heavenly masterpiece. It's so underrated. I wasn't disappointed at the ending. It has a nicely executed ending. Very good soundtrack too.
Sep 4, 2015 3:10 AM

May 2014
Bittersweet
8/10
"I lost all of what you could call feelings of love. They weren't sealed, so they can't be released. They weren't broken, so they can't be fixed. That which is lost, cannot be recovered." Shiba Tatsuya
"There are no regrets. If one can be proud of one's life, one should not wish for another chance." Saber
"No matter what happens, no matter how crazy things get, I'll always try to restore balance." Korra
"It's madness to let others take what's yours and accept it blindly." Baatar Jr
"Instinct is a lie, told by a fearful body, hoping to be wrong." Zaheer
"Partner in crime, partner in time" Chloe Price and Max Caulfield
Dec 30, 2015 3:16 PM
Mar 2012
no idea why it sat in ptw... maybe the sol or supernatural.
I did enjoy the calm very slow pacing SOL, just pleasant watching animu sky before sleep. Some romance was nice.
Yorito started as another passive mc copy, plus some jerk behavior esp coldness toward the ill sister, and toward Mana.
Later it makes sense, since Aono's a crazy brocon yandere who hadn't accepted Yorito's death.
Matsuri's interactions with Yorito was quite cute. Most comedy was well done, esp episode 4.5 and all scenes with Mayuko.
I really like the last episodes. I knew someone get's "sacrificed" since Mayuko foreshadowed it, but was very unpredictable how and who. Yorito developed, facing the truth, making a choice to open sister's eyes. Aono grew likable after 1yr timeskip, embodying the two personalities who died for her humanity, and apparently accepting of Yorito's death. Aono has great fashion sense.

Plot can be real slow, with unexplained small details. Their house disappeared, so was it Aono's paper house? It's huge so probably explains why she depleted her Yaka powers 4 months ago (when they moved to town). Why did Takeshi throw the sheath at Matsuri? How did he jump to the tower, impossible if he's not superhuman? Matsuri's fall made a giant splash, but she fell on the ground, not ocean. Yorito hears explosion afar, then LEAVES the bike & Mana, & runs for quite a distance. He should know biking is faster.
Aono controlled Yorito's actions to kill Matsuri, but when he pins her down, she couldn't order him. Guessing Aono had no Yaka power left.

Overall I think comedy & unusual characters are its best points. Sae is always funny. Kid characters aren't annoying, as the bratty Mayuko's treatment of Takeshi makes sense once it's known she's an adult & they're a couple, not father-daughter. Koyori's the most modest, mature & caring animu kid I've seen.
I like how they made "sora" enjoyable as a niche theme. End was beautifully symbolic, how the sky represents Yorito, Mana confessing to Sora, Aono's description of the sky & knight sky how Yorito connects everyone here, and Mana embodying Yorito's love of photographing skies.
gophercgDec 30, 2015 3:22 PM
Jan 23, 2016 1:40 PM
Jun 2014
SO now they corrected a problem that didn't really need correcting. And on top of that chose that vile, lying bitch to become human again. Well, that might be a bit harsh, but she was definitely not the one of the three who deserved to become human again.
Apr 11, 2018 10:42 PM

Aug 2014
Bittersweet ending indeed. But I dont get why Aono is okay with being alone now. Seems like she did a 180 after turning human. So, was it that being a Yaka made her delusional or something?
Oct 17, 2019 12:36 PM

Sep 2019
Even tho I wasn't enjoying this anime at first but later on it became good (after the plot twist when we realized that the protagonist is made by aono a imposter of her real brother). And the ending is quite acceptable ahh it was ok ending.

But

Why didn't they explained why takeshi have that katana where did he learned to use super human strength and skills? I was confused at that part because I was interested in him more then other characters so it is bugging my mind to Know these things.

I would give this 5/10 ok looking point.
Oct 17, 2019 12:38 PM

Sep 2019
Ankylar said:
Bittersweet ending indeed. But I dont get why Aono is okay with being alone now. Seems like she did a 180 after turning human. So, was it that being a Yaka made her delusional or something?
they really didn't explain a lot. It was a shame that we won't gonna know anymore.
Jan 21, 2020 11:36 PM
Jan 2020
I know this is pretty old but to all of you who think aono is the villain, read the manga or watch series again. Aono was wronged when all she wanted to do was die by her brother's side. Then she brought him back to life not wanting to be alone which is the same thing matsuri did with aono. Matsuri is by far my favorite character but all aono did is protect what she cherished most. Who wouldn't have done the same if given the power to somehow resurrect a loved 1? I would for my sis. And how did aono get a happy ending? She had to live without her brother and her best friend from youth after they both died. Aono was the real victim, after matsuri becoming the 1st yaka in the 1st place. I love matsuri and there were somethings about aono I didn't like but I wish this could've ended different. Or at least had a continuation to the series where both matsuri as well as yorito returned somehow. I mean where did the tomato juice come from at the end? It could've kept going. The person that should've been hated was yorito for being so weak and naive. The 3 of them could've lived happy together but he was 2 weak
Nov 3, 2020 2:46 PM
Apr 2020
Neutral ending.. I guess I'll give it 8/10.
Jun 30, 2021 1:40 PM

Oct 2010
sad ending but we need those from time to time, I respect that the story was consistent from the moment that Matsuri told us that the sword needs a yaka's blood to revive a yaka and the first stabbed yaka will die. It happened exactly like that, Matsuri died and Yorito faded away.
I also liked the fact that Yorito promised Matsuri that he'll take her into to open sky but that promise was never fulfilled, we got out Aono ending, she was a decent girl, bit too troubled but the story was ok with her.
7/10 overall, I loved the first episodes but I kinda wanted a simple romance between Matsuri and Yorito.
Jun 3, 2022 9:19 AM

Nov 2012
Man, got this in my list but cant remember anything about it, gotta rewatch it soon!

My Candies:

Dec 18, 2023 4:38 PM
Dec 2021
Amazing Riemann Stieltjes anime, Would love another season of it.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » sola Episode 6 Discussion

zanmato666 - May 14, 2007

39 by Saku33 »»
Apr 10, 10:49 AM

Poll: » sola Episode 8 Discussion

Faust721 - May 27, 2007

42 by Killerkat198 »»
May 15, 2023 2:10 PM

» Why is this series so underrated

SakurasouBusters - Oct 18, 2013

12 by Quintessence »»
Feb 7, 2023 9:22 AM

Poll: » sola Episode 2 Discussion

Kayrhandros - Apr 15, 2007

45 by Auliaramadhana12 »»
Oct 16, 2021 12:33 PM

Poll: » sola Episode 10 Discussion

Sukotsutsu - Jun 11, 2007

40 by Rob7 »»
Jan 12, 2021 9:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.