Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Jul 3, 2010 12:21 AM

Feb 2008
It's not Legend of the Galactic Heroes, it's The Legend of the Legendary Heroes

The only shows I care about are Shiki and Black Lagoon and I expected those since it's noitanimA and a sequel to one of their franchise licenses. God damn it though, are they trying to kill Crunchyroll? These US only streams fucking suck.
Jul 3, 2010 12:23 AM

Feb 2008
kuroshiroi said:

oh that's confusing.
Jul 3, 2010 12:26 AM

Jan 2008
Oh, that's sure a lot!
Jul 3, 2010 12:28 AM

Feb 2008
dtshyk said:
kuroshiroi said:

oh that's confusing.
Tell me about it :)
Jul 3, 2010 12:29 AM

Aug 2008
Oh hell yeah, Darker than BLACK Gemini and Index is getting dubbed. Though I'm surprised Index hasn't been dubbed already it just seemed like the type,

Jul 3, 2010 12:34 AM

Jul 2006
dtshyk said:
According to the official blog, FUNimation has acquired the following new titles:

Simulcasts
Shiki

Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~

Source: FUNi official blog

Story by DeuceB, MrTerrorist

Now I don't have to depend on shitty subbers like Chihiro.

Jul 3, 2010 12:40 AM
Jul 2018
The OP missed Haibane Renmei.

More people really need to check out Texhnolyze, Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei; I'm not exaggerating when I say that they are probably the best, most ambitious and most artistic titles that have been released in the last decade.

This license rescue of those three titles caught my attention more than the new licenses themselves, though I might purchase Shana, Index and Railgun at some point. Too bad that the ABe license`rescue didn't include Niea_ 7.
Jul 3, 2010 12:45 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
JusticeGundam said:
Lolo,Chihiro is so 2009.

Terrible news once again... -_-

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jul 3, 2010 12:47 AM
Jun 2007
From a transcript of the FUNi panel:
19:16:54 <bay|AX|FUNi> Q: Is there anything you can say about Eva 2.0
19:16:54 <bay|AX|FUNi> A; We don't have it so i can't advance farther than that

I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it's driving me nuts.
Jul 3, 2010 12:48 AM

Aug 2007
cyruz said:

Indeed. The licence get's in the way of the fansubs. D: I'm not from America, I NEED fansubs, or I can't see most anime at all. -_-
Jul 3, 2010 12:53 AM

Dec 2008
In between Sentai nabbing Highschool of the Dead, and Durarara confirmed for a dub.

- Shiki Simulcast
- Black Lagoon S3 (Roberta's Nlood Trail JUST had it pre airing)
- Kuroshitsuji S2 (Thak god the 2nd season so fast on this)
- Shana S2 (FInally it well deserved about time)

Most of all Funi confirming a Darker than Black Season 2 in the midst of fans crying at it possibly being sub only from Aniplex acquisition. Even if Funi doesn't have the OVA's, or Eva 2.0 this has been one of the best Anime Expo in awhile.

RognaJul 3, 2010 1:03 AM
Jul 3, 2010 12:54 AM

Jul 2006
kennikitty said:
cyruz said:

Indeed. The licence get's in the way of the fansubs. D: I'm not from America, I NEED fansubs, or I can't see most anime at all. -_-
yuno ppl rip shit off of FUNIs site, right?

You just wont have stuff in beautiful 720p. And ppl will still fansub it, for whatever reason people still sub One Piece. Etc.

Jul 3, 2010 12:57 AM

Jan 2009
that's a lot of series listing there
Jul 3, 2010 1:07 AM

Nov 2009
Very decent, non-risk shows I see.
Earth gets angry after a kick in the face.
Jul 3, 2010 1:16 AM
Jun 2010
Raven_Shinobi said:
The OP missed Haibane Renmei.

More people really need to check out Texhnolyze, Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei; I'm not exaggerating when I say that they are probably the best, most ambitious and most artistic titles that have been released in the last decade.

This license rescue of those three titles caught my attention more than the new licenses themselves, though I might purchase Shana, Index and Railgun at some point. Too bad that the ABe license`rescue didn't include Niea_ 7.

This ^
Jul 3, 2010 1:19 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
Oh I saw this on animesuki's license db a little while ago.

It's annoying that almost all of the noitanimA series are being licenced for a simulcast. Getting good fansubs is even harder then (e.g. Saraiya Goyou, Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei).
p r o f i l e 👀
Jul 3, 2010 1:28 AM
Nov 2008
This news is good. Good going FUNi, I'll be able to pick up some more DVDs now. All the fansubs for Shakugan no Shana are terrible.
Jul 3, 2010 1:48 AM

Nov 2009
That's quite a list they got. Index, Railgun, Darker than Black, Shana? Wow.
Jul 3, 2010 2:32 AM

Nov 2006
Moyashimon LA subs キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!
Jul 3, 2010 3:25 AM

Aug 2008
Onibokusu said:
This news is good. Good going FUNi, I'll be able to pick up some more DVDs now. All the fansubs for Shakugan no Shana are terrible.
Yeah.. Eclipse is the shittiest group ever [/sarcasm]

cyruz said:
JusticeGundam said:
Lolol,Chihiro is so 20092008.
this

As soon as Funimation stops banning their trailers and other promotional material by IP as well, I might actually start to give a funk and order some of their releases
Jul 3, 2010 3:58 AM

Nov 2008
I'm not too bothered about their simulcast choices. Shiki was expected and I don't care for the others.

There's nothing in the full licences that I'm too bothered about either (the ABe titles were always licensed in the UK. This just affects the US).

In fact, what I am probably most concerned about is fansubs for Despera once it gets released. I live in the UK, so a Funimation simulcast (likely, now that they are distributing his other anime) will reduce the number of sub choices I will have, even though it will still be illegal no matter where I get my subs, as using a proxy server to bypass country restrictions is every bit as as illegal as downloading a fansub.

This also applies to Kuragehime, which will also be in line for a simulcast with it being a noitaminA anime.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
Jul 3, 2010 4:52 AM
Apr 2009
kennikitty said:
cyruz said:

Does Crunchyroll work in your area?
Jul 3, 2010 5:27 AM
Mar 2010
Bahh, Funimation their simulcasts are subbed right? And only USA people can see them?
Jul 3, 2010 5:37 AM
Nov 2008
Kvakond said:
Onibokusu said:
Yeah.. Eclipse is the shittiest group ever [/sarcasm]

They are if you look at their SnS release, and if you have a basic understanding of the English language and grammar. Believe me, I have Eclipse's release. I've had it for about 4 years now.
Jul 3, 2010 6:36 AM

Jan 2010
As long as Darker Than Black gets dubbed and Black Lagoon gets dubbed with the original voices I'm happy
Jul 3, 2010 6:58 AM

Feb 2010
DTB + Trigun Movie :)
Great news.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jul 3, 2010 9:30 AM

Nov 2008
alright
Jul 3, 2010 10:10 AM
Apr 2010
Finally Hellsing 5-7! and Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini
Jul 3, 2010 10:10 AM

Oct 2009
cyruz said:

You can still beat off to your fansubs either way, i don't get how its terrible news. A ton of awesome animes are getting licensed and dubbed. Its fucking awesome that black lagoon 3 is getting dubbed. I was afraid i would have to watch the terrible jap version.
supersonic124Jul 3, 2010 10:33 AM
Jul 3, 2010 12:35 PM

May 2010
New Licenses
Toaru Majutsu no Index
Toaru Kagaku no Railgun

No...

New Licenses
Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail

Yes!
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Jul 3, 2010 1:03 PM

Aug 2007
I hope they release all the new titles on blu-ray, and they don't screw it up like they did on a few of their past titles. It would be great if they release the future Black Lagoon OvA's at the same time as in Japan. Overall, a very strong licensing batch for Funimation.
Jul 3, 2010 1:16 PM

Apr 2008
kennikitty said:
cyruz said:

Same as you are...

supersonic124 said:
cyruz said:

You can still beat off to your fansubs either way, i don't get how its terrible news. A ton of awesome animes are getting licensed and dubbed. Its fucking awesome that black lagoon 3 is getting dubbed. I was afraid i would have to watch the terrible jap version.

It seems to me... that you are not an anime watcher. You are a cartoon fan. Get out of my internet!!! D:

And as for the video... No comments on you opinion, really. Don't really know why you didn't liked it.
SlykainJul 3, 2010 1:25 PM
Jul 3, 2010 2:24 PM
Jul 2009
My dream come true! They licenced all the rest of Shakugan no shana!!!

Jul 3, 2010 2:43 PM

Oct 2009
Lain :) this made my day...hopefully they release it on blu ray
Jul 3, 2010 2:49 PM

May 2009
Thank God. I was worried DTB S2 wouldn't be dubbed.
Jul 3, 2010 2:55 PM

Oct 2009
Slykain said:

It seems to me... that you are not an anime watcher. You are a cartoon fan. Get out of my internet!!! D:

That makes no sense, so your saying because I don't watch anime in a language I don't understand that doesn't make me a anime watcher. The jap dub of black lagoon is terrible, Revy's voice is too soft, Dutch sounds like a jap instead of a black,no cursing etc etc. The writing for the jap script was bad too, the jokes were lame. But that scene was the final nail in the coffin.Stop putting jap dubs on a holy pedestal. Anime is Anime no matter what language you watch it in. Also why the fuck would you like an engrish scene, are you on drugs or something?
supersonic124Jul 3, 2010 3:06 PM
Jul 3, 2010 3:22 PM

Sep 2008
FoxInTheBox said:
Bahh, Funimation their simulcasts are subbed right? And only USA people can see them?

no, Funi uses 2 different streaming hosts. Full series subs are hosted on Hulu and restricted to US only while Simulcasts and Dubs use one that's more open (not sure what it is exactly). I'm in Canada so I can't say for certain how restricted it is, but I can't watch any of the Hulu hosted subs but can still watch the new ep of FMA every week and any Dub they have posted

Jul 3, 2010 6:23 PM

Jan 2010
RedFlameHaze said:
My dream come true! They licenced all the rest of Shakugan no shana!!!

Me too, I like the first one and now it's about time the second series, OVAs, and the movie get shown in USA. Thank you, Funimation.
Jul 3, 2010 8:29 PM

Jun 2010
torgon02 said:
FoxInTheBox said:

no, Funi uses 2 different streaming hosts. Full series subs are hosted on Hulu and restricted to US only while Simulcasts and Dubs use one that's more open (not sure what it is exactly). I'm in Canada so I can't say for certain how restricted it is, but I can't watch any of the Hulu hosted subs but can still watch the new ep of FMA every week and any Dub they have posted

From what I've heard, Funi's video player is R1-restricted. So yeah, the news about Shiki and Kuroshitsuji II (and the other shows) is great for me and other fans in the US or Canada, but it sucks for pretty much anyone else.

Anyway, yay for the Darker than Black II license and the Yoshitoshi ABe series rescues! I already have the Haibane Renmei singles, but I still need to pick up Lain and Texhnolyze.
Jul 3, 2010 8:35 PM

Jul 2009
windy said:
Moyashimon LA subs キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!

:D