Forum Settings
Forums
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
 
 
#2
Jul 3, 2010 12:21 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4300
It's not Legend of the Galactic Heroes, it's The Legend of the Legendary Heroes

The only shows I care about are Shiki and Black Lagoon and I expected those since it's noitanimA and a sequel to one of their franchise licenses. God damn it though, are they trying to kill Crunchyroll? These US only streams fucking suck.
 
#3
Jul 3, 2010 12:23 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4386
kuroshiroi said:
It's not Legend of the Galactic Heroes, it's The Legend of the Legendary Heroes

oh that's confusing.
 
#4
Jul 3, 2010 12:26 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 427
Oh, that's sure a lot!
 
#5
Jul 3, 2010 12:28 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2008
Posts: 4300
dtshyk said:
kuroshiroi said:
It's not Legend of the Galactic Heroes, it's The Legend of the Legendary Heroes

oh that's confusing.
Tell me about it :)
 
#6
Jul 3, 2010 12:29 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 698
Oh hell yeah, Darker than BLACK Gemini and Index is getting dubbed. Though I'm surprised Index hasn't been dubbed already it just seemed like the type,

 
#7
Jul 3, 2010 12:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1262
dtshyk said:
According to the official blog, FUNimation has acquired the following new titles:

Simulcasts
Shiki

Sekirei ~Pure Engagement~




Source: FUNi official blog

Story by DeuceB, MrTerrorist



Now I don't have to depend on shitty subbers like Chihiro.


 
#8
Jul 3, 2010 12:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 636
The OP missed Haibane Renmei.

More people really need to check out Texhnolyze, Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei; I'm not exaggerating when I say that they are probably the best, most ambitious and most artistic titles that have been released in the last decade.

This license rescue of those three titles caught my attention more than the new licenses themselves, though I might purchase Shana, Index and Railgun at some point. Too bad that the ABe license`rescue didn't include Niea_ 7.
Kihel:"from Dianna Soreil to Dianna Soreil."
Dianna: "from Kihel Heim to Kihel Heim."
 
#9
Jul 3, 2010 12:45 AM
DB Administrator
Plus Ultra

Offline
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 12443
JusticeGundam said:
Now I don't have to depend on shitty subbers like Chihiro.
Lolo,Chihiro is so 2009.


Terrible news once again... -_-

open.staff.applications  
guidelines.faq  
report.abuse
  
Thx Kina.
  
[H+] ³  

 
Jul 3, 2010 12:47 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2007
Posts: 2963
From a transcript of the FUNi panel:
19:16:54 <bay|AX|FUNi> Q: Is there anything you can say about Eva 2.0
19:16:54 <bay|AX|FUNi> A; We don't have it so i can't advance farther than that

I don't know if that was intentional or not, but it's driving me nuts.
 
Jul 3, 2010 12:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 1581
cyruz said:

Terrible news once again... -_-


Indeed. The licence get's in the way of the fansubs. D: I'm not from America, I NEED fansubs, or I can't see most anime at all. -_-
 
Jul 3, 2010 12:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1540
In between Sentai nabbing Highschool of the Dead, and Durarara confirmed for a dub.

- Shiki Simulcast
- Black Lagoon S3 (Roberta's Nlood Trail JUST had it pre airing)
- Kuroshitsuji S2 (Thak god the 2nd season so fast on this)
- Shana S2 (FInally it well deserved about time)


Most of all Funi confirming a Darker than Black Season 2 in the midst of fans crying at it possibly being sub only from Aniplex acquisition. Even if Funi doesn't have the OVA's, or Eva 2.0 this has been one of the best Anime Expo in awhile.

Modified by Rogna, Jul 3, 2010 1:03 AM
 
Jul 3, 2010 12:54 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 1262
kennikitty said:
cyruz said:

Terrible news once again... -_-


Indeed. The licence get's in the way of the fansubs. D: I'm not from America, I NEED fansubs, or I can't see most anime at all. -_-
yuno ppl rip shit off of FUNIs site, right?

You just wont have stuff in beautiful 720p. And ppl will still fansub it, for whatever reason people still sub One Piece. Etc.


 
Jul 3, 2010 12:57 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1381
that's a lot of series listing there
 
Jul 3, 2010 1:07 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 669
Very decent, non-risk shows I see.
Earth gets angry after a kick in the face.
 
Jul 3, 2010 1:16 AM
Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 179
Raven_Shinobi said:
The OP missed Haibane Renmei.

More people really need to check out Texhnolyze, Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei; I'm not exaggerating when I say that they are probably the best, most ambitious and most artistic titles that have been released in the last decade.

This license rescue of those three titles caught my attention more than the new licenses themselves, though I might purchase Shana, Index and Railgun at some point. Too bad that the ABe license`rescue didn't include Niea_ 7.


This ^
 
Jul 3, 2010 1:19 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 3527
Oh I saw this on animesuki's license db a little while ago.

It's annoying that almost all of the noitanimA series are being licenced for a simulcast. Getting good fansubs is even harder then (e.g. Saraiya Goyou, Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei).
 
Jul 3, 2010 1:28 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 18131
This news is good. Good going FUNi, I'll be able to pick up some more DVDs now. All the fansubs for Shakugan no Shana are terrible.
 
Jul 3, 2010 1:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 335
That's quite a list they got. Index, Railgun, Darker than Black, Shana? Wow.
 
Jul 3, 2010 2:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 5548
Moyashimon LA subs キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!
 
Jul 3, 2010 3:25 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 2256
Onibokusu said:
This news is good. Good going FUNi, I'll be able to pick up some more DVDs now. All the fansubs for Shakugan no Shana are terrible.
Yeah.. Eclipse is the shittiest group ever [/sarcasm]

cyruz said:
JusticeGundam said:
Now I don't have to depend on shitty subbers like Chihiro.
Lolol,Chihiro is so 20092008.
this


As soon as Funimation stops banning their trailers and other promotional material by IP as well, I might actually start to give a funk and order some of their releases
 
Jul 3, 2010 3:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 7014
I'm not too bothered about their simulcast choices. Shiki was expected and I don't care for the others.

There's nothing in the full licences that I'm too bothered about either (the ABe titles were always licensed in the UK. This just affects the US).

In fact, what I am probably most concerned about is fansubs for Despera once it gets released. I live in the UK, so a Funimation simulcast (likely, now that they are distributing his other anime) will reduce the number of sub choices I will have, even though it will still be illegal no matter where I get my subs, as using a proxy server to bypass country restrictions is every bit as as illegal as downloading a fansub.

This also applies to Kuragehime, which will also be in line for a simulcast with it being a noitaminA anime.
Current FAL Ranking + Previous best::
[
 
Jul 3, 2010 4:52 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2009
Posts: 1134
kennikitty said:
cyruz said:

Terrible news once again... -_-


Indeed. The licence get's in the way of the fansubs. D: I'm not from America, I NEED fansubs, or I can't see most anime at all. -_-


Does Crunchyroll work in your area?
 
Jul 3, 2010 5:27 AM
Offline
Joined: Mar 2010
Posts: 1733
Bahh, Funimation their simulcasts are subbed right? And only USA people can see them?
 
Jul 3, 2010 5:37 AM
Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 18131
Kvakond said:
Onibokusu said:
This news is good. Good going FUNi, I'll be able to pick up some more DVDs now. All the fansubs for Shakugan no Shana are terrible.
Yeah.. Eclipse is the shittiest group ever [/sarcasm]

They are if you look at their SnS release, and if you have a basic understanding of the English language and grammar. Believe me, I have Eclipse's release. I've had it for about 4 years now.
 
Jul 3, 2010 6:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 174
As long as Darker Than Black gets dubbed and Black Lagoon gets dubbed with the original voices I'm happy
 
Jul 3, 2010 6:58 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 25553
DTB + Trigun Movie :)
Great news.
jal90 said:
It's quite dishonest and typically trollish logic to say that the fault lies in sensitive people when you do stuff on purpose to bother them.

Top 50 Short Anime Series of All Time

 
Jul 3, 2010 9:30 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 3335
alright
 
Jul 3, 2010 10:10 AM
Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 21
Finally Hellsing 5-7! and Darker than BLACK - Ryuusei no Gemini
 
Jul 3, 2010 10:10 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 192
cyruz said:

Terrible news once again... -_-

You can still beat off to your fansubs either way, i don't get how its terrible news. A ton of awesome animes are getting licensed and dubbed. Its fucking awesome that black lagoon 3 is getting dubbed. I was afraid i would have to watch the terrible jap version.
Modified by supersonic124, Jul 3, 2010 10:33 AM
 
Jul 3, 2010 12:35 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 7609
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
 
Jul 3, 2010 1:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2007
Posts: 801
I hope they release all the new titles on blu-ray, and they don't screw it up like they did on a few of their past titles. It would be great if they release the future Black Lagoon OvA's at the same time as in Japan. Overall, a very strong licensing batch for Funimation.
 
Jul 3, 2010 1:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 425
kennikitty said:
cyruz said:

Terrible news once again... -_-


Indeed. The licence get's in the way of the fansubs. D: I'm not from America, I NEED fansubs, or I can't see most anime at all. -_-


Same as you are...

supersonic124 said:
cyruz said:

Terrible news once again... -_-

You can still beat off to your fansubs either way, i don't get how its terrible news. A ton of awesome animes are getting licensed and dubbed. Its fucking awesome that black lagoon 3 is getting dubbed. I was afraid i would have to watch the terrible jap version.


It seems to me... that you are not an anime watcher. You are a cartoon fan. Get out of my internet!!! D:

And as for the video... No comments on you opinion, really. Don't really know why you didn't liked it.
Modified by Slykain, Jul 3, 2010 1:25 PM
 
Jul 3, 2010 2:24 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 281
My dream come true! They licenced all the rest of Shakugan no shana!!!


 
Jul 3, 2010 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 710
Lain :) this made my day...hopefully they release it on blu ray
 
Jul 3, 2010 2:49 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 232
Thank God. I was worried DTB S2 wouldn't be dubbed.
 
Jul 3, 2010 2:55 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 192
Slykain said:


It seems to me... that you are not an anime watcher. You are a cartoon fan. Get out of my internet!!! D:


That makes no sense, so your saying because I don't watch anime in a language I don't understand that doesn't make me a anime watcher. The jap dub of black lagoon is terrible, Revy's voice is too soft, Dutch sounds like a jap instead of a black,no cursing etc etc. The writing for the jap script was bad too, the jokes were lame. But that scene was the final nail in the coffin.Stop putting jap dubs on a holy pedestal. Anime is Anime no matter what language you watch it in. Also why the fuck would you like an engrish scene, are you on drugs or something?
Modified by supersonic124, Jul 3, 2010 3:06 PM
 
Jul 3, 2010 3:22 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 53
FoxInTheBox said:
Bahh, Funimation their simulcasts are subbed right? And only USA people can see them?


no, Funi uses 2 different streaming hosts. Full series subs are hosted on Hulu and restricted to US only while Simulcasts and Dubs use one that's more open (not sure what it is exactly). I'm in Canada so I can't say for certain how restricted it is, but I can't watch any of the Hulu hosted subs but can still watch the new ep of FMA every week and any Dub they have posted

 
Jul 3, 2010 6:23 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 641
RedFlameHaze said:
My dream come true! They licenced all the rest of Shakugan no shana!!!


Me too, I like the first one and now it's about time the second series, OVAs, and the movie get shown in USA. Thank you, Funimation.
 
Jul 3, 2010 8:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2010
Posts: 31
torgon02 said:
FoxInTheBox said:
Bahh, Funimation their simulcasts are subbed right? And only USA people can see them?


no, Funi uses 2 different streaming hosts. Full series subs are hosted on Hulu and restricted to US only while Simulcasts and Dubs use one that's more open (not sure what it is exactly). I'm in Canada so I can't say for certain how restricted it is, but I can't watch any of the Hulu hosted subs but can still watch the new ep of FMA every week and any Dub they have posted


From what I've heard, Funi's video player is R1-restricted. So yeah, the news about Shiki and Kuroshitsuji II (and the other shows) is great for me and other fans in the US or Canada, but it sucks for pretty much anyone else.

Anyway, yay for the Darker than Black II license and the Yoshitoshi ABe series rescues! I already have the Haibane Renmei singles, but I still need to pick up Lain and Texhnolyze.
 
Jul 3, 2010 8:35 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 1443
windy said:
Moyashimon LA subs キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━━ !!!!!

:D

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
 
Jul 3, 2010 9:30 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1540
supersonic124 said:
Slykain said:


It seems to me... that you are not an anime watcher. You are a cartoon fan. Get out of my internet!!! D:


That makes no sense, so your saying because I don't watch anime in a language I don't understand that doesn't make me a anime watcher. The jap dub of black lagoon is terrible, Revy's voice is too soft, Dutch sounds like a jap instead of a black,no cursing etc etc. The writing for the jap script was bad too, the jokes were lame. But that scene was the final nail in the coffin.Stop putting jap dubs on a holy pedestal. Anime is Anime no matter what language you watch it in. Also why the fuck would you like an engrish scene, are you on drugs or something?

That, and Black Lagoon is a title that is highly acceptive to an american audience. It only makes sense that it would be taken so fast. Why is it that it's so hard to find a black guy that speak japanese? I had a voice coach in theater class he was african american, and was able to speak fluent japanese entirely. (Remembers Final Fantasy XIII JAP Sazh....Ugh)


I'm just glad they got Darker than Black Season in general Originally with Aniplex listing it i was worried with how bad of a deal would come out. Thank god Funi came out, and got it.
 
Jul 3, 2010 9:33 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 15800
When something is a Simulcasts what does that mean for it?

I stole your heart. So, I don't need to steal your life.|| Kokichi Ouma Ultimate Dictator || Danganronpa V3
 
Jul 3, 2010 9:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1540
Suzune-chan said:
When something is a Simulcasts what does that mean for it?

Means that Funi will air it via their online channel little over an hour or so anime airs in japan.

It's like what their doing with the FMA Brotherhood episodes online.
 
Jul 4, 2010 12:36 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 3636
They sure got a lot this time wow.
 
Jul 4, 2010 9:59 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 6333
Index? Railgun? Trigun? ALL THE REST OF SHAKUGAN?!?! FUCKING SWEET.
 
Jul 4, 2010 12:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2007
Posts: 8841
Nice. DVDs of stuff I actually like for me to acquire.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
 
Jul 4, 2010 2:43 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 2623
gr33nm4n said:
Raven_Shinobi said:
The OP missed Haibane Renmei.

More people really need to check out Texhnolyze, Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei; I'm not exaggerating when I say that they are probably the best, most ambitious and most artistic titles that have been released in the last decade.

This license rescue of those three titles caught my attention more than the new licenses themselves, though I might purchase Shana, Index and Railgun at some point. Too bad that the ABe license`rescue didn't include Niea_ 7.


This ^


^ I concur
 
Jul 4, 2010 3:25 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 2012
Fuck yeah FUNimation.
 
Jul 4, 2010 6:42 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 1540
renren411 said:
I have a question though, for the simulcast, when it's dubbed will there still be subbed versions available? Or will it become one of those animes where it's impossible to find it subbed?

Of course. When Funimation streams they have 2 separate areas for theirs of sub, and dub.

Subbed usually comes first online, and the later dub comes, and subs will stay on their site as well separate from the dubs.

Nutshell: Yes subs will still be easy to find from Funi of them.
 
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »