Feb 2008
Unhuggable. I don't like being touched.
Jul 3, 2010 7:58 AM

Sep 2009
ladyxzeus said:
LolitaDecay said:
Disposable-Angel said:
LolitaDecay said:
I'm a huggable person who willingly gives hugs to people as a greeting.

Unless I don't like you.

That goes without saying. Why would you hug someone you don't know or don't like? Unless you are some kind of hippie.
Some people do it at gigs and parties to people they've never met.

Namely, me.

It's fun, you make a ton of friends and/or are perceived as insane and dangerous.

That sounds more like an ego/power trip. Hugging somone you never met instantly asserts yourself as a dominate character over them. Being perceived as dangerous and getting a kick our of it is a power trip and making lots of freinds for a day is an ego trip.

I bet when the party is over you get in a car with a few really close freind and dissipate back to a flat and sleep. Unless you're a hangover at a party because of travel arrangements.
Jul 3, 2010 7:59 AM

Dec 2008
I've been hugged but I've never hugged someone, I hate being touched.
Jul 3, 2010 8:05 AM

Dec 2007
Disposable-Angel said:
ladyxzeus said:
LolitaDecay said:
Disposable-Angel said:
LolitaDecay said:

Unless I don't like you.

That goes without saying. Why would you hug someone you don't know or don't like? Unless you are some kind of hippie.

Namely, me.

It's fun, you make a ton of friends and/or are perceived as insane and dangerous.

That sounds more like an ego/power trip. Hugging somone you never met instantly asserts yourself as a dominate character over them. Being perceived as dangerous and getting a kick our of it is a power trip and making lots of freinds for a day is an ego trip.

I bet when the party is over you get in a car with a few really close freind and dissipate back to a flat and sleep. Unless you're a hangover at a party because of travel arrangements.

It's much more simple than that.

It's just a trip.

Edit: I wanted to post a related pic just for you to understand, but then I remembered that only some people on MAL know what I look like and I want it to stay that way. Those who know are also aware of my hugging facet. I personally feel like that's a bit of the real me, because it's a liberation of constraint. Hugging everything, it's just because I love the world with absolute sincerity. Simplicity, something that you do not understand, is something I learned through hugging and other manifests of... Well, of bing simple. A hug is just a hug. There is nothing behind it. I see something I like? I hug it. Or I say hi to it. If it's something I dislike, I avoid it. It's like binary, only one option or another. You say "omg ego-power-trip" because you have probably never been in a situation of so much adoration for the situations surrounding you that you just have to touch, hug, LOVE everything.

Everything is not just people. Now that I think about it I haven't hugged a human being for a long time. Excluding my best friend. But yesterday I hugged a dog, and a pillow, and a long stick (I wonder...) The other day I made friends with the mail post, as referred before. I hugged the little fishies that live on the earth as I felt them on my fingers.

Oh my child, you must think that I'm like you. You must think that I go out, drink a little it and satisfy the needs that my real life cannot assure, like ego rubbing and power. I don't need that, because I already have power in my real life. What I search for in going out is precisely the contrary. It is to find the end of all things, what defines them all, it is to enter a state in which all the things said apply to everything and the world becomes suddenly clear. Have you ever seen it? Probably not. I personally only know three, maybe four, people capable of reaching such a state of non-rationalization. That is the secret: look at things and not rationalize about them. Do you know what happens when you rationalize? After you poke a cup for 20 minutes and someone tells you "you've been poking it for a long time now" you can either keep going, and go further, or stop it. You stop it when you rationalize and explain what was going on with the cup. And stopping is dying, it's fading and falling asleep.

Just look at the clouds and you will be able to see the stars on them. You don't even need stimulants of any kind if you just don't think and just look. Tought, tought is the veil of the mind. I excelled in getting rid of it. Try as well.

Conclusion: don't criticize my fun when I only had 3 hours of sleep AND was not allowed to explore the nature. I hate my friends sometimes, I really wanted to explore the nature.

Edit 2: While I was writing this I noticed new answer, so I'll just edit this as well, I wonder if it will come out another wall...

On any case, even on my worst state I am very aware of my well being, so thanks for your concern. You see, the trick stated above also works for escaping dangers and other things. If a man is getting too close to me, I will duck away, climb a wall and hiss (sometimes literally), even if I know him. Unless I want that company, of course, but we have to take it as if I never want any company. Because, honestly, who can think about sex when you have INVERTED SQUARES on the walls? I will also do this to any girl that is annoying.

My way is a bit different because of my environment. I usually don't go to clubs. I go to the street, pub to pub, finding people while walking and saying goodbye while advancing. So, basically, if I am feeling threatened I just need to change the street I'm at. :3 Or scream. Yeah, the part of screaming is the last resource, everyone is afraid of it.

Basically, worry not and listen to my wise words, as I know what I'm doing. But damn, it's hard to convey my sageness in words, you have to come here and go out with me. It's like when I talk about Haruhi and say it explained coherently all I love and believe, people only get it when I explain it to them out loud, with gestures.
ladyxzeusJul 3, 2010 8:27 AM
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Jul 3, 2010 8:08 AM

Sep 2009
ladyxzeus said:
Disposable-Angel said:
ladyxzeus said:
LolitaDecay said:
Disposable-Angel said:
LolitaDecay said:

Unless I don't like you.

Namely, me.

It's much more simple than that.

It's just a trip.

Exactly.

And you trip with your friends not randoms. Do so at your own peril. If no ones looking out for you you are in a world of hurt.

I think there's a watchful eye making sure that you are safe because you sound like you have a great time. Take that away and you in date rape territory. In fact you in that territory anyway, your playing a dangerous game.
Jul 3, 2010 8:16 AM

Sep 2009
I am very huggable apparently.

I'm not very comfortable with people hugging me but everyone always wants to hug me and give me a kiss on the cheek.

It's a bit unnerving at times.
Jul 3, 2010 9:14 AM

Feb 2008
Jesus Christ, get some faith in humanity Angel.
Jul 3, 2010 9:24 AM

Apr 2010
ladyxzeus said:
This is the best wall of text I've read in ages.
Jul 3, 2010 9:30 AM

Aug 2009
im like a hug magnet. almost every time i see someone i know i get a hug. obviously more often if its a girl, but i get plenty of "bro" hugs as well.
Jul 3, 2010 9:49 AM

Mar 2009
Unhuggable, as physical contact bothers me.
Jul 3, 2010 10:30 AM

Jun 2010
i don't mind being hugged because i get that a lot when i'm in highschool especially one that's full of girls. generally, i don't hug people unless it's very very cold.
Jul 3, 2010 10:40 AM

Sep 2009
I would gladly give anyone a hug. Because sometimes, the world is so fucked up and has such a lack of human contact that people just really need one.
Jul 3, 2010 10:47 AM

Dec 2007
Suddenly I remembered something that happened last night. Or so I was told.

We have this guy that is an animal (he behaves like an animal, growling and running on fours and stuff). When he was leaving, he turned to my blonde friend and told her:
- Can I hug you?
- Yes, but why?
- I will hug you.
*hugs*
- Can I hug harder?
- Yes?
*squishes my friend till she almost drops dead, only releasing her after some forced maneuvering and kicks on his head*
- Thank you. Thank you. I really needed a hug.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Jul 3, 2010 10:49 AM

Nov 2008
I am VERY huggable, that being said, I wouldn't let a random stranger come up and hug me and I wouldn't want to hug them either. My friends have told me that one of my good qualities is that I'm huggable, it sucks having a friend who hates hugs though.
Jul 3, 2010 11:09 AM

Sep 2008
I've been told that by numerous women, of course its the only thing any of them ever want to do with me ^_^

=/
Jul 3, 2010 11:21 AM

Sep 2009
I am 'unhuggable', for I am far too skinny, therefore my pointyness might hurt peoples.
Jul 3, 2010 11:24 AM

Sep 2009
Blaze-Senpai said:
I've been told that by numerous women, of course its the only thing any of them ever want to do with me ^_^

*hugs and then pokes Blaze-Senpai's face*

There you go, now you've had your face poked by a girl too *giggle*
Jul 3, 2010 11:29 AM

Sep 2009
ladyxzeus said:
Suddenly I remembered something that happened last night. Or so I was told.

We have this guy that is an animal (he behaves like an animal, growling and running on fours and stuff). When he was leaving, he turned to my blonde friend and told her:
- Can I hug you?
- Yes, but why?
- I will hug you.
*hugs*
- Can I hug harder?
- Yes?
*squishes my friend till she almost drops dead, only releasing her after some forced maneuvering and kicks on his head*
- Thank you. Thank you. I really needed a hug.

fetish party's are weird huh
Jul 3, 2010 11:32 AM

Oct 2009
I'd say I'm probably not very huggable... I don't like hugging even with my own family members...
Jul 3, 2010 11:37 AM

Sep 2008
AncestralSpirit2 said:
Blaze-Senpai said:

*hugs and then pokes Blaze-Senpai's face*

There you go, now you've had your face poked by a girl too *giggle*
I've done a lot more than that though :3

It's just been a while~
Jul 3, 2010 11:51 AM

Nov 2009
I apparently give out good hugs, but I hate hugging. Getting close to other people makes me feel weird. I'm pretty conservative.

Jul 3, 2010 5:26 PM
Nov 2008
Otacons_Girl said:

I'm not very comfortable with people hugging me but everyone always wants to hug me and give me a kiss on the cheek.

This is some strange behaviour for the USA. Are you sure you haven't accidentally crossed into France?
Jul 3, 2010 5:38 PM

Sep 2008
Onibokusu said:
Otacons_Girl said:

This is some strange behaviour for the USA. Are you sure you haven't accidentally crossed into France?
brb moving to france.
Actually that would be kind of weird.
Jul 3, 2010 5:40 PM

Jun 2008
I'm "handshakable". I shake hands, I don't hug. I randomly handshake people when I first meet them. It's surprising (or depressing) how some old lady has a stronger grip than yours. :[
Jul 3, 2010 6:02 PM

Jun 2010
I don't hug anybody, except if the person made me really happy/gave me something, but a lot of people hug me, with or without reason, so I guess I'm huggable xD

A fun fact : At my prom, when people left, I was shaking hands with boys and hugging girls. haha
Jul 3, 2010 6:05 PM

Apr 2008
Tachii said:
I'm "handshakable". I shake hands, I don't hug. I randomly handshake people when I first meet them. It's surprising (or depressing) how some old lady has a stronger grip than yours. :[
try using your fapping hand next time.

Jul 3, 2010 6:13 PM
Jun 2010
I don't like hugs, but people still give them to me so i guess I'm not unhuggable *sigh* wish i was :(
Jul 3, 2010 6:39 PM
Apr 2009
unless you consider a cactus a great thing to hug... no, not at all.

I keep a very solid wall of personal space up... and am always on guard thanks to extreme paranoia, if you come up to me and hug me without proper context... you will be laid out... has happened on a few occasions.... did not help my reputation at all... :P
Jul 3, 2010 7:25 PM

May 2010
I'm definitely a person who like hugs. I hug my friends all the time, I think hugging is great. Although I try not to hug people who don't like to be hugged, but that doesn't always work.
Jul 3, 2010 7:28 PM

Jan 2010
Blaze-Senpai said:
Onibokusu said:
Otacons_Girl said:

brb moving to france.
Actually that would be kind of weird.

Any hot asian chicks in france?
Jul 3, 2010 7:58 PM

Oct 2008
I'm huggable only when *I* want to. If someone I don't want to hugs wants me to hug her, I'll only raise my forearms a little bit to make a *fake* hug, so they don't start complaining. But if it's a girl I like, I'm obliged to control myself to not hug her to death XD.
­
Jul 3, 2010 11:18 PM
Nov 2008
Slash_3-D said:
I'm huggable only when *I* want to. If someone I don't want to hugs wants me to hug her, I'll only raise my forearms a little bit to make a *fake* hug, so they don't start complaining. But if it's a girl I like, I'm obliged to control myself to not hug her to death XD.

You could also use the "one armed hug".
Jul 3, 2010 11:59 PM

Jun 2009
Idk i get not really cause im not really that centemental kinda guy to my female friends.
Jul 4, 2010 12:58 AM

Jul 2010
I often get the "o.o HUGG" and they often get the *Turns around*.

That said, I'd like to believe I'm very huggable. Hell, did free hugs awhile back w/ some friends. Was a blast, got some good footage, but didnt end up making a video.

I'd totally be down for free hugs in the middle of downtown toronto beside some crazy G20 police officer :)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!
Jul 4, 2010 2:28 AM

Nov 2009
I've offered 'free hugs' in the middle of town for a day with a bunch of friends before. X'D Only once, but it was very very fun to just spend the whole day hugging strangers. Apart from the smelly ones and the ones who think a 'free hug' includes feeling my butt. >:)

I've been told before that my shoulders are comfortable... Does that count as 'huggable'?? I suppose it's a matter of opinion. X'D
curiouser and curiouser :)
Jul 6, 2010 6:10 AM

Mar 2010
i'm unhuggable
i think i usually have an aura that says "don't hug me"
Jul 6, 2010 6:12 AM

May 2010
I am huggable I even have a sign that I wear that says "Free Hugs, Get Your Free Hugs here" *puts his sign on* see check it out
"Death is already staring us in the face, just hasn't decided to kill any of us yet." - Unknown
Jul 6, 2010 6:24 AM

Sep 2009
Ryuunaga said:
I am huggable I even have a sign that I wear that says "Free Hugs, Get Your Free Hugs here" *puts his sign on* see check it out

Reminds me of an episode of sarah silverman.
Jul 6, 2010 6:26 AM

May 2010
Disposable-Angel said:
Ryuunaga said:

Reminds me of an episode of sarah silverman.

lol never seen it before
"Death is already staring us in the face, just hasn't decided to kill any of us yet." - Unknown
Jul 6, 2010 6:31 AM
May 2009
Been told I am huggable, But I don't like to be hugged, so I usually move out of the way before they can.
Jul 6, 2010 6:42 AM

Jun 2007
Only if its a bear hug as I seem to forget my own strength
[url=TNOG.ORG]Im a bloke that runs games nights, in a pub[/url]
Jul 6, 2010 6:43 AM

Mar 2010
Unhuggable.
Among the people I know, only one person hugged me in I don't know how many years. I seem pretty cold and lonely, maybe.
"I met you long time ago, but you still consider me a stranger" someone closer told me. Yeah it's sad.
Jul 6, 2010 6:46 AM

Oct 2009
whoever thinks about hugging me is going to lose an eye
Jul 6, 2010 6:47 AM

Jun 2007
sweetbunny34 said:

Overly long nose?
Suggest not face to face
[url=TNOG.ORG]Im a bloke that runs games nights, in a pub[/url]
Jul 6, 2010 6:49 AM

May 2010
sweetbunny34 said:

What if you ask first?
Jul 6, 2010 7:20 AM
Jul 2018
i'm very huggable! ^.^
at least... that's what my friends say. they say i give awesome hugs. and i love giving hugs, i'm always giving them. <3
Jul 6, 2010 11:07 AM

Jun 2008
NO
Jul 6, 2010 11:29 AM

Sep 2009
I don't think I'm huggable considering I hate giving hugs myself, yet I've been forcibly hugged by almost every one of my friends--even my "tough guy, no nonsense" friends. Also, strangers have given me hugs. It's like they know it'll make me uncomfortable... H'mmm...
Jul 6, 2010 11:43 AM

Jun 2010
Unhuggable. I don't like hugs.
Jul 6, 2010 1:05 PM
Mar 2010
Zahlzeit said:
I'm pretty sensitive. Whether I'm huggable or not I'm not too sure, but, I'd rather not do so.

Me too ;p
I try to avoid them all all cost, I up with my hand when they try to hug me, Or something similar lol
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» First Thing That Comes To Mind v21 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 27

7163 by Alriven »»
16 seconds ago

» Would you date the user above? v4 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Tensho - Sep 23, 2019

8174 by iHateAnimeBro »»
1 minute ago

» Ask the person below you a question. v34 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Mar 28

2713 by Dostojevskij »»
1 minute ago

» You can only save 1 of the 3 users above you! v9 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Jan 28, 2023

2760 by Rizz_Khalifa »»
2 minutes ago

» lowercase chat thread v.21 ghouls and goblins edition ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KayKimii - Oct 13, 2023

5566 by Dostojevskij »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.