Forum Settings
Forums

You girls consinder yourself girly or a tomboy?

New
Jul 1, 2010 8:49 PM
Jul 2008
This question for ladies only. Nuff said.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 1, 2010 8:51 PM

Nov 2007
Considering 90% of the people on the internet consider me a boy, and the fact that I've only worn make up twice in my life, definitely puts me in the tomboy category. I do hate sports though.
Jul 1, 2010 8:53 PM

Feb 2010
a slut
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 1, 2010 9:00 PM

Dec 2008
A bit of both.

I wear make-up but minimally unless it's for a special occasion. I prefer pants over dresses/skirts but I don't dress like a guy, either. I was never good at sports but I know enough about the major ones to know what I'm talking about in a discussion or when watching. I'm not afraid of getting my hands dirty but there are certain things that gross me out (e.g. dead animals). I like shopping from time to time but when I do go, I'm quick about it and never dawdle or browse for a long time.

So yeah, judge for yourself.
Jul 1, 2010 9:20 PM

Aug 2009
I consider myself to be in the middle, too.

Many people in my school think of me as "girly", because I'm not always wearing Hot Topic, Zumiez, or any skater clothing all the time. Where I live, that's basically all people wear. You either wear skater clothing, OR you wear long T-Shirts and baggy clothing.
I am one of the few people that like Hollister, Abercrombie, etc. and I don't mind skirts, but it's not the only thing I want to wear.

I'm not desperate to show off my skin all the time and wear over 10 layers of makeup. I wear very little makeup, and most of the time I'm wearing jeans instead of skirts.

Now that I think about it, I'm more on the girly side than tomboy.
Jul 1, 2010 9:24 PM

Jul 2009
Neither I guess.

or tomboy-ish.

Powered by hinatachan - TaigaForum
Jul 1, 2010 9:28 PM

Feb 2009
Tomboy, definitely...

I hate make-up and talking about boys and all that junk... I would rather go out and play a good ol' game of something violent. I would really prefer to have been born a boy T.T
Jul 1, 2010 9:36 PM

Jun 2010
girly, I guess. I don't usually wear name brand clothing but I do like to wear dresses. I wear makeup when I go out and spend time fixing up my hair. I like to dress up and look pretty to see people look or give compliments. A bit vain, i know.
Jul 1, 2010 9:50 PM

Aug 2009
girly on the outside, tomboyish on the inside. .. with a hint of femininity, lost somewhere in there
Jul 1, 2010 10:23 PM

May 2010
Both. I've been told that when I'm with girls I act really tomboy-ish and with guys I act girly. I love wearing girly clothing but dont mind getting strawberrys(wounds from sliding) in baseball.:)
Jul 1, 2010 10:43 PM
Jul 2018
if i had to say, girly. i love cute things, i like the color pink, and if i could i would definitely dress colorful and fun. but... i do have a very short boy-ish haircut and really only dress in jeans and t-shirts most of the time, so.. there's my tomboy side i guess.
Jul 1, 2010 10:45 PM
Dec 2009
I'd say a bit of both,

but wait..
Jul 1, 2010 10:52 PM

Mar 2009
Tomboy, to top it off I have short hair and a fairly flat chest so I do get mistaken for a guy sometimes.

and yeah, most people on the internet thing I'm a dude as is.
Jul 1, 2010 10:59 PM

Jun 2010
in between.

when I was young i used to have toy tea sets with my dragonball action figures and my barbie was dating my batman (who is of her size), my gundam toys fighting sailormoon. it's funny now when I think about it.
Jul 1, 2010 11:03 PM

Dec 2008
dillian said:
when I was young i used to have toy tea sets with my dragonball action figures and my barbie was dating my batman (who is of her size), my gundam toys fighting sailormoon. it's funny now when I think about it.

AHAHAH I did stuff like that, too!
Except, I tended to have more girly toys because that's what I got as gifts and such. The cars and action figures tended to be my brother's old toys >.> Still, I happily played with anything that was remotely interesting!
Jul 1, 2010 11:21 PM

Feb 2010
I don't particularly consider myself either. I'm always in t-shirts and I wear no make-up, so you can label me whichever. :)
Jul 2, 2010 12:07 AM

Jun 2008
Girls i think you got the tomboy rutine wrong here. Because you were trousers or don't put make-up doesn't make you a tomboy.

What we call a tomboy is a pattern of behavior.

What does a young girl needs of make-up anyway?(i assume most of you are young considering the age majority of this site). She's young, her skin is fresh. By putting make-up she only spoils her skin faster and makes her self look older. I could never get why does a young girl wants to put a tone of make-up and look like a thirty year old woman instead of being happy that she looks so young and fresh.
Make-up makes you look better after you grow up a little by covering those aging parts or if your face is a complete mess and needs a lot of covering to hide it's true nature.

And people on the Internet think everyone is a guy so that's not much of a tomboy argument ether.
Jul 2, 2010 12:09 AM

Dec 2007
I'm a tomgirl.

Don't wear make up and do boyish things, like physical playing. I only wear skirts and like girly things, like floral patterns. Who cares.
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Jul 2, 2010 10:57 AM

Aug 2008
i gues kinda neither tbh D= i do like some girl stuff, but im not like a girly girl, but i'm not a tomboy either, cos i only like running ^.^
Jul 2, 2010 11:06 AM

Apr 2010
I'm a real boy!
Jul 2, 2010 11:13 AM

Jun 2008
Middle to girly?

I wear jeans more than skirts. I love flats and wedges. I like my hair long but I tie it up all the time. I walk faster than average girl or girlish-girl who walk snail-pace. Makeup only on special occasion, light makeup for dates. I talk the same way with guys or girls. My voice is not high-pitched. I wear skirts with sport shoes, jeans with kitten heels, that kind of combination. Although I would like some of the things that guys like - cars, tech gadgets, shounen animes. I hate pink. I hate being girly.

Jul 2, 2010 11:15 AM

Aug 2009
There are no girls on the internet.

..Though, srsly, I have really girly aspects and really manrii aspects. Like, from one extreme to the other >_<
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jul 2, 2010 11:24 AM

Sep 2009
zharnotczar said:
I'm a real boy!

THERE ARE NO BOYS ON THE INTERNET!

anyway are you a GirlBoy or a BoyBoy or a BoyGirl?

NO YOU CANT BE A GIRLGIRL YOU JUST SAID YOU WERE A BOY!
Jul 2, 2010 11:25 AM

May 2008
feder said:
I've only worn make up twice in my life

Impressed.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Jul 2, 2010 11:35 AM

Oct 2009
leopardskin said:
girly on the outside, tomboyish on the inside. .. with a hint of femininity, lost somewhere in there
this
Jul 2, 2010 11:39 AM
Oct 2009
sweetbunny34 said:
leopardskin said:
this
Jul 2, 2010 11:41 AM

Dec 2009
Most people say I'm a tomboy, but... I don't know.
I get on better with guys rather than girls. I can't stand girly girls. It pisses me off when I see a girl get really possesive and jealous. I like fighting (I'm proud of my right hook). I love cars.
But, I love shopping (for books and converse) and I love perving on boys.

So, taking all that into consideration (and the fact there are no girls on the net), I am a homosexual boy.

Jul 2, 2010 11:42 AM

Feb 2008
I look girly but I'm a total tomboy in reality if we remove the fashion obsession.
Jul 2, 2010 12:44 PM

May 2009
I only pretend to be a girl.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 2, 2010 12:47 PM

Nov 2009
Completely obsessed with make-up and fashion, so to most I'd look insanely girly, but I do have an awful lot of guy-ish interests. Such as horror and action movies, and vicious sports. X'D So I suppose, aside from my love of cute and pretty things, I'm kinda like a tomboy on the inside. :')
curiouser and curiouser :)
Jul 2, 2010 12:52 PM

Mar 2010
I'm a tomgirl.

Anyone wanna have tea with me?
Jul 2, 2010 12:59 PM

Nov 2007
tomboy or at least that's what all of my family says.

me personally it depended on my behavior as a kid, manly 5 years old and up. that's when i would ask my older brother to let me play with his toys. when i started getting into the Lego's too. at school i always had a tendency to make better friends with the guys rather than girls. back when McDonald's had boys and girls toys i would always ask for the boys toy. i was always playing in the dirt and more interested with what my boy cuisines were doing, which was normal playing sports.

now that I'm in high school... hmm idk weather Im a tomboy or not. My family still says i am but...
Jul 2, 2010 2:05 PM

Dec 2009
BUTTHURT said:
I'm a tomgirl.

Anyone wanna have tea with me?

Yes. My homosexual boy-person does.

Jul 2, 2010 7:28 PM

Jun 2009
Interesting topic.

I'm more girly than tomboyish... I think.

I almost always wear skirts or dresses (often in pink too). I dye my hair blond. I love wearing heals. I love Hello Kitty. I'm a fan girl (duh?). I cry easily. I startle when someone touches my back. I want to have a boy friend who protects me. I act all shy when I'm not with one of my really close friends. I am way too naive when it comes to guys. I suck at sports and video games.

On the other hand I drink and smoke a lot. I hate animals and kids (especially babies). I cuss a lot and I make dirty jokes when I'm with my guy friends.

Maybe I'm a tomboy in disguise.
Jul 2, 2010 7:33 PM

Apr 2010
Disposable-Angel said:
zharnotczar said:
I'm a real boy!

THERE ARE NO BOYS ON THE INTERNET!

anyway are you a GirlBoy or a BoyBoy or a BoyGirl?

NO YOU CANT BE A GIRLGIRL YOU JUST SAID YOU WERE A BOY!
I'm a BoyBoy BoyGirl.
Jul 2, 2010 7:34 PM

Apr 2008
I'm not "girly", but my feminine tendencies do tend to outshine my tomboyish ones. Jeans and a comfortable shirt are my preferred wardrobe, but I like cute things and I don't mind going clothes shopping with a few friends.
Jul 2, 2010 7:43 PM

Nov 2009
I hate sports, but I wanted Yu-Gi-Oh and Pokemon cards for my sixth birthday...you should have seen the expression on my friend's face when I told her that. D:

But, yes, tomboy, FTW!

Jul 3, 2010 3:28 AM

Oct 2008
I'd say I'm more girly. I often wear make-up and I like pink and cute things. I also like to wear skirts and dresses. I like cooking and sewing. I like children. I like flowers.

But then when I was in high school I was so obsessed with DBZ. My room with filled with DBZ posters and action figures. Some of those are still there. I also often play video games, but my DS and PS2 are both pink. XD
Jul 3, 2010 3:31 AM

Apr 2008
<---- 99.9% tomboy.

Jul 3, 2010 3:55 AM

Sep 2009
Syb3rStrife said:
<---- 99.9% tomboy.

Bascially a boy but with a girls body.

sheeesh i guess there really are no girls on the internet.
Jul 3, 2010 4:10 AM
Feb 2010
I've never been called girly, or a tomboy.
So neither.
Jul 3, 2010 4:44 AM

Jan 2010
Tomboy on the outside, girly on the inside.
Jul 3, 2010 4:44 AM

Apr 2009
Uhh...more of a tomboy, but not 100%. I do wear make-up, but eyes-only, and that's because my eyelashes on left are dark brown, and those on right are blond. So if I don't wear make-up, I look like I have different-sized eyes xD I wear skirts, but only for special occasions, and I hate them. I wear jeans everyday.
I'm loud, I'm completely uninterested in developing my love life, and I'd rather spend a whole day reading/playing video games than go shopping/partying.
In fact, I don't shop. I wear what my younger sister buys for herself xD GEENIOOS.
On the other hand though, from sports I only like volleyball. Unless we're talking about watching them, in which case I watch every football match I stumble upon.

I act really tomboyish when I'm with my more girly friends, and I can't stand their blabbing about guys and love issues >.>
I actually wish I'd been born a boy. >.<
CenedessJul 3, 2010 4:48 AM
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 3, 2010 5:13 AM

Jul 2010
Girly. I do everything that's pretty girly. I do like video games and manga but I don't think those should be classed as a 'male' activity. I love wearing dresses and skirts and wearing make up. Going shopping. :)
Jul 3, 2010 5:41 AM

Dec 2007
Disposable-Angel said:
Syb3rStrife said:
<---- 99.9% tomboy.

No, that would be a transexual (ukon please correct me)
Waratte Oemashou Sore ha Chiisana Inori
Jul 3, 2010 6:49 AM

Sep 2009
ladyxzeus said:
Disposable-Angel said:
Syb3rStrife said:
<---- 99.9% tomboy.

No, that would be a transexual (ukon please correct me)

I guess so. But never the less the idea of a girl who is more of a boy and acts like a boy but just happens to have female genitalia is annoying.

Then again whats more manly than bleeding every month. Nothing more manlier than blood that's for certain. Some women are really manly. In fact whats more manly than having rough sex with a big man with muscles pumping hot love into you with an erect penis. Very manly indeed. Women are the new men.

I have enough trouble with men as it is without girls acting like men as well. Actually scrap that I just have a problem with people in general.
Jul 17, 2010 11:50 AM

Apr 2010
60% Tomboy
40% Girly
I think.

Sometimes they switch according to my mood.
Jul 17, 2010 11:57 AM
Jun 2010
Disposable-Angel said:
Syb3rStrife said:
<---- 99.9% tomboy.

That's the beauty of the human personality. We might all look "similar" on the outside, but on the inside, we're different in one way or another. People might be similar, but we each share experiences only we've done. :o
Jul 17, 2010 12:18 PM

Jul 2009
This is the hardest question of my life. And like with all hard questions, I'll pass.

Jul 17, 2010 1:28 PM

Jul 2010
Tomboy.
'Nuff said.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Which anime(s) from the above user's "Last Anime Updates" would you watch? v.8 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Nov 26, 2021

8366 by Fukamin »»
21 seconds ago

» Translate the above user's random english word into your language! v6

Kunii - 8 hours ago

10 by Animeistaken »»
34 seconds ago

» Pick the best anime out the above user's favorites v7 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kunii - Sep 4, 2021

6513 by Fukamin »»
1 minute ago

» Make a song title with the last letter v2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Zedlin - Nov 29, 2022

5657 by Saeryen »»
2 minutes ago

» Make a song title with one word from the previous song title ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

RichtofenMK - Dec 17, 2023

1219 by Animeistaken »»
2 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.