Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jul 9, 2012 9:57 AM

Apr 2012
LOL the gothic girl... "these very clothes are my mourning--"
"enough of that" - Kurenai. I love hiim xD
Aug 8, 2012 1:46 AM

Sep 2011
That episode was full of LOL.
Aug 27, 2012 7:19 PM

Jun 2007
This one even had me chuckling, from time to time, so funny was it. AND I DON'T LAUGH!

Would've been one of my favourite episodes of all-time, if not for the... wonky animation when everyone started singing together. The mouth flaps weren't in-sync and the movements were all over the place.

I think the funniest part of it all was the male lead trying to be overly nice to his harem, in contrast to the loli and Tamaki being as blunt as a hammer.

The intentionally shocking singing performances of the voice actresses would've made this series a MUST BUY on the basis of this episode alone... if Sentai had dubbed their DVD release. (Understanding the lingo would've taken my amusement up a notch, I imagine.)
AironicallyHumanAug 27, 2012 7:24 PM
Sep 14, 2012 5:56 PM

Apr 2012
I had forgotten that Brain's Base major strength is making astonishingly beautiful backgrounds. You see it in the depiction of the city, of the countryside landscapes, of the streets, and even of the rooms. But regarding the animation, it's hard to believe this series was made after Baccano!. Too bad for the episode.
Nov 1, 2012 6:14 PM

Jul 2010
May 8, 2013 1:54 AM

Jan 2013
OMG that was one of the most awesome scenes I've ever scene in an anime.
I definitely wasn't expecting that.

I loved the animation too, since I understand it's difficult to animate so much movement. They did a good job.
Nov 6, 2013 10:51 PM
Aug 2011
What the fuck was this garbage.
I hate this show now.
Dec 30, 2013 3:44 PM

Dec 2013
Ummmmm....what?
Eh
Jan 11, 2014 2:36 PM

May 2012
I'm not a big fan of musicals or singing in general but to be honest I actually liked this episode :p It sure was cute :3
Jan 27, 2014 11:58 AM

Mar 2011
Well, that was unexpected.

lol
Aug 9, 2014 12:05 PM
Oct 2011
That has to be one of the best filler episode ever...someone told me episode 6 was epic but I expected shit to go down in a violent way or something...awesome surprise.

The animation during the song was amazing. I thought it was pretty clear that it was to express the exaggeration of play acting (and the ridiculousness of the situation).
Sep 19, 2014 12:25 AM

Jul 2013
they were moving... very weirdly when they were singing... I didn't enjoy this.. too much cringe.
Aug 23, 2015 9:20 AM

Jul 2014
Why? What was the point of this episode where all that happened was me being subjected to painfully bad singing? Trash episode. One of the worst episodes I've watched in a long while.
Nov 26, 2015 2:14 AM

Apr 2009
LOL much!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 2, 2016 10:30 PM

Jan 2012
best filler i have ever seen
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Mar 19, 2016 8:46 AM

Mar 2010
:D

This was hilarious, I especially love the part with Yamie's atrocious singing.
Dec 14, 2016 10:24 PM

May 2010
This show is such genius. Lots of funny parts.
Even when I was in crowd, I was always alone
Dec 15, 2016 6:55 PM

May 2012
This is the episode of Kurenai I remember most. It shows off the value of the "voices first" approach that Kou Matsuo prefers. Sure it makes it hard for the animators to match the lip-flaps after the fact, but having the seiyuu perform ensemble without regard for the visuals makes their interactions much more realistic. In episode three there is a three-way conversation among Shinkuou, Murasaki, and Yuuno (that "evil woman") where they step all over each others' lines. That's how people converse in real life, but anime conversations usually consists of a single line followed by another single line. It's cheaper to do the voicings after the drawings are made, which is why it's such an uncommon technique in anime made for television.

This series forged the bond between Sawashiro Miyuki (Shinkarou) and young Aoi Yuuki (Murasaki) that has continued throughout their professional careers.
Mar 30, 2017 12:24 AM

Dec 2013
SeijiSensei said:
This is the episode of Kurenai I remember most. It shows off the value of the "voices first" approach that Kou Matsuo prefers. Sure it makes it hard for the animators to match the lip-flaps after the fact, but having the seiyuu perform ensemble without regard for the visuals makes their interactions much more realistic. In episode three there is a three-way conversation among Shinkuou, Murasaki, and Yuuno (that "evil woman") where they step all over each others' lines. That's how people converse in real life, but anime conversations usually consists of a single line followed by another single line. It's cheaper to do the voicings after the drawings are made, which is why it's such an uncommon technique in anime made for television.

This series forged the bond between Sawashiro Miyuki (Shinkarou) and young Aoi Yuuki (Murasaki) that has continued throughout their professional careers.

Late reply, but I completely agree with you! I'm only done with watching Ep. 6 of Kure-Nai as of this post, but I definitely will remember this particular episode and that especially part you mentioned where the three characters talked over each other. I really liked that scene as well! It made the anime feel so much more realistic to me. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed how uncommon that kind of dialogue was in anime, but this is a refreshing series for me. Even though this came out in 2008, I'm so glad I decided to watch it!
May 23, 2017 12:29 AM

Feb 2013
This was too weird.
I loved Murasaki's song though.
Nov 24, 2017 6:10 PM

Jan 2010
Seven years ago, I began watching Kure-nai, but this episode caused me to put the show on hold until now. Back then, I thought this episode is a miracle of animation and music. It was so good that I had to stop, else I feared I'd marathon the rest of the show in a single sitting. Now, many years later, I still hold that same sentiment. In an otherwise ordinary anime with bits of action and daily life hijinks, suddenly there's a musical episode complete with a huge animation bump and lots of flare and style. It's hilarious, vibrant in motion, and the music is purposefully hammy and crappy, which makes it even better. I haven't seen many shows with seiyuu made to purposefully sing terribly, so I'm certain this was a lot of fun to rehearse. I was cringing the whole way, and it was hilariously painful seeing the other characters react in horror to each other's inability to sing. Then, the crowning piece of ham came as the whole musical number took off without warning, making for one of the best scenes I've ever had the pleasure of viewing in a show that otherwise has nothing noteworthy to speak of.

I really, really like this episode.
Dec 2, 2017 9:44 AM

Feb 2016
So, does anyone know the name/title of the song?

YouTubeWeird Videos
Anime Edits
PixivSheetHost

"Salvation is a thin thread dangling from heaven."
- Mary ~ Death Mark

Feb 22, 2019 6:24 AM
Jul 2018
This anime is a disaster. So much cringe and filler in one episode. That was unbearable.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

zvuc - Apr 24, 2008

70 by MeanEYE »»
Feb 25, 1:20 AM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

zvuc - Jun 20, 2008

164 by AngelsArcanum »»
Feb 18, 2023 12:56 PM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

SteveKeys - May 29, 2008

95 by Ronninn »»
Jun 17, 2022 2:53 AM

Poll: » Kure-nai Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Apr 18, 2008

82 by towelgirl21 »»
Dec 14, 2021 2:20 AM

» Protagonist sucked

Blackmanjones6 - Oct 15, 2021

2 by Blackmanjones6 »»
Oct 28, 2021 4:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.