Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Pages (32) « First ... « 30 31 [32]
Post New Reply
Poll: Angel Beats! Episode 13 Discussion

May 10, 2016 6:49 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong,I'm not good at medical stuffs

May 12, 2016 7:56 AM

really good show with a powerfull story and quality in serval gernes.

10/10 i had hard time scoring this show cause i heard so much about it and cause everyone was so hyped about it my expectation was a bit to high but after some good thinking and the overly hype that kinda killed some moments for me put aside i still think its worth a 10/10.
Modified by Robertovk, May 12, 2016 8:21 AM
"When a flat-chested loli hugs you, she holds you closer to her heart"
"--I am a single bullet. It has no heart. Therefore, it does not think. It just flies straight towards its target."

May 16, 2016 4:01 AM
Poopfactory said:
If you think this anime have massive plot hole, read this. here is theory why kanade arrived first. Before otonashi dead, he donored all his organs. Otonashi didnt have any regrets, so he was not going to afterlife after he died in that train accident. Thus, otonashi souls being reincarnated into someone. this someone (we can call it otonashi 2) was born right after otonashi dead and donored his heart (i think thats how reincarnation works). And the receiver of that heart was kanade. in afterlife before the ending, kanade said thank to otonashi bcs he made her youth longer. So i assume kanade was about 12 YO when she received otonashi's hearts. In this time, otonashi b's age was 0 yo. And then 4 years later, kanade was dead at age 16. in this time, otonashi b's age was 4 yo. And then kanade went to afterlife bcs she had regrets: couldnt thank the person who gift his heart to her. when she arrived in afterlife, otonashi was not in here yet. why? because otonashi soul was still inside otonashi b's body. Otonashi 2 still alive when kanade arrived in afterlife. Then, 10-15 years passed. Finally otonashi 2 is dead, and otonashi's soul finally able to go to afterlife to fulfill kanade wish. Fyi, kanade already in afterlife a decade or more before otonashi soul arrive. And this fact suits with my theory well. And yuri said in eps 12 that someone soul can come into afterlife to help another's regret, and soul like that usually getting amnesia when arrived. So otonashi soul go there bcs of kanade even he has no regret. (In otonashi's life at least, i dont know whether otonashi 2 has regret or no). After fulfill kanade's wish. I dont know whether it is fate or god's reward towards otonashi soul by helping kanade, they finally being reunited after reincarnated.

Geezz, i hope this anime is well written such a wasted potential. It didnt tell us about the other sss member past, the programmer, and another mystery in afterlife. Fck the director. They should make it 20 or more episode. I demand remastered version of this anime. Or ova to explain them all.

8/10 bcs of massive plothole and lack of explanation. Can be 9/10 or 10/10 if it is well executed. I like all of the music though

This makes a lot of sense.

May 31, 2016 2:46 AM
This anime had been suggested to me by my friends and the all said they cried at the end and I have to be honest I did let go of a tear. I think the amine was amazing gave it a 5 out of 5! But now I have to watch a comedy to cheer me up. ☺

Jun 5, 2016 4:01 AM

I remember the hype around this anime years ago. Constantly I would say "I'll watch it some other time." Just now I watched each episode one after another....I'm disappointed. I give it a 6/10. The ending scene with Kanade and Otonashi being the last two left had me feeling a bit emotional especially how Otonashi was acting. The anime overall though was lacking, it's like all the other cast got a sort of "Yeah, their past life stories don't matter, they're all gone now and....yeah..whatever."

I've finally checked this anime off the list. Time to check out some more stuff. XD

Jun 9, 2016 6:44 PM
(THERE ARE NO PLOTHOLE)

Q1.)how is it possible that kanade was the first person to arrive in the afterlife if
She has yuzuru's heart?

A1.)the purgatory is connected to the past,present and future or in every seconds in the world,
My evidence is shiina,it is obvious that shiina is a ninja from the past era,it is more obvious if you will read the manga,in kther words their soul came from different times for example shiina came from 1200 years,yuri from 2006,otonashi from 2010,kanade from 2012.in kanade's present time(2012), otonashi is already dead,but in otonashi's present time (2010) he's still alive.same goes to shiina and yuri in their time.at kanade's time she was already in a coma and is already in the afterlife(she's not dead she's just in a coma),but in yuri and shiina's present time they are still alive,lets assume that there are night and days in the afterlife but the time in the afterlife is not actually moving, while in the afterlife kanade was already in the afterlife alone and is already the student council president of the npc's,2 months in yuri's time(2006) she died,when she came to the afterlife kanade was already in the afterlife,yuri's soul came from 2006 but kanade's soul came from 2012,it is impossible if the afterlife is only connected or madefor the present time, but its not it is connected to all the time in our world,that's what made kanade to be the first character in the afterlife,in shiina's time,2 months after 1200,she died and was sent to the afterlife,ex. Yuri was already there for 3 days before she met shiina but kanade was already there for 2 years or longer before yuri's first day in the afterlife(im only counting the days and night in the afterlife but time does not really exist in the afterlife in my theory but there are still days and nights).at that time in the afterlife,otonashi in the present is still alive,2 months after 2010 otonashi died and was sent in the afterlife right away even if he had no regret in his life,maybe because kanada and otonashi has the same feeling or because otonashi's heart was looking for him,but it was obvious that the reason why he's there is because hes the only one who can release kanade from the afterlife.

Jun 30, 2016 7:17 AM
In some religion they believe in re carnation so at the end Naoi and Kanade wanting to be together bought them together after rebirth, of cause not knowing why just they were drawn to each other it showed us a glimpse of that the end if all that makes sense lol

Jul 1, 2016 10:01 PM
[quote=Rhedak message=8802360]"So yes, he did die, no coma ending."
Maybe someone did a stomic (I am assuming stomic, that is what looked like) transplant, so Otonashi went out of the hospital to take a walk and heard the song. Kanade may have been in a coma yes but he was a hero so I think that someone would do a transplant to save him.

Jul 4, 2016 9:59 AM

Bleh i hate my self when i watch drama animes but meh.. This one was worth it! Lets talk about the ending a bit.. I cried like a freaking 10 year old baby when it drops the ice-cream. I don't know i have no words, i'll make a review later i just want to leave this here..

Jul 19, 2016 8:27 AM

Time for feel trip :3

Aug 2, 2016 3:50 AM
I'm not a man yet... but even men cry

Aug 13, 2016 7:54 AM

Last episode in my opinion was probably the most interesting..I really liked at this show the fact that the main character (otanashi) showed love interest to a side (mostly) character (kanade)..in the start I thought it would be a otanashi-yuri affair..anyways..there are many things unexplained...and some weirded me out..also I disliked this "sudden romance" it seemed kinda rush and random..cause they weren't a lot of episodes to show the development of the feelings for example tomoya x nagisa..on conclusion I'll give it 7/10

Aug 19, 2016 10:29 AM
Even if there were to be season 2, it will probably be a new batch of characters since they all disappear and reincarnated into the real world. There could also be another possibility of Season 2 story is that they continue the story from Angel Beats Another Epilogue, of how Yuzuru as the Student President Council helps others to find peace.

Aug 23, 2016 5:56 PM

Thought it would've been better,considering it has a rating of 8.41 and almost 30k favorites.

Aug 28, 2016 12:20 PM
This episode is too sentimental and seems to be unnecessary

Aug 31, 2016 11:56 AM

Okay I really cried at the end too , lol
I know this is an anime from years ago but I just watched it and I loved it , because of the awesome enjoyment I even overlooked the probs.

But really tell, kanade died so she went after fulfilling her regret, what would it take for MC to leave , she could have simply not said it stayed with him,
All that aside they see each other again in the real world okay that was far fetched but totally awesome, I loved that , so maybe they were reincarnated . Then in the epilogue MC s the new prez and helps people, But that makes u wonder didnt he end up like the guy who made angel player , and it says that guy was waiting and MC is too or someone says the like in the epilogue, since he is waiting it is also a possibility that kanade isnt dead , maybe a comma or something , and maybe if the realm doesent have a time frame maybe the MC ends up as the guy who makes angel player and its kind of a paradox, just shooting here.

Aug 31, 2016 7:00 PM

OH HELL YEAH

I gotta be honest here, I was kinda liking the show but it didnt really feel, like, very good. The comedy is hillarious, the base plot is interesting, but... I guess it kinda feels a bit, like, undeveloped or something. It's very interesting but at the same time a bit underwhelming.

BUT, you gotta love it when they close it in such an amazing way as they did. Add a little but significant plot twist here and there, some awesome animation and there you have it. Gotta admit, no matter if the show is outstanding or just nice, you gotta give it to them when they close it with a gold key, as they did.
I was screaming and rocking my chair back and forth the last 5 minutes, such was the awesomeness of that ending.

Loved Otonashi and Kanade, once again.
Hinata and Otonashi's hand shake mix as Hinata disappeared was fucking awesome.
AND Kanade had Otonashi's heart, that's why they fucking bonded so much. That was freaking awesome.

In the end, loved the show. Gotta get watching those specials now.
Modified by Xowlreed, Aug 31, 2016 7:03 PM
These were made by my awesomely cool friend illmadz :

Sep 10, 2016 3:26 PM

In my opinion, the last scene just means that Otanashi also left the school, and came back to the real world.

Sep 11, 2016 12:58 AM

Lbi_ said:
In my opinion, the last scene just means that Otanashi also left the school, and came back to the real world.
hey that cud be possible , like whoever dissappears from that world comes back 2 the real world , but that wudnt explain the epilogue thgh

Sep 11, 2016 6:39 AM

NJ_animeluvr said:
Lbi_ said:
hey that cud be possible , like whoever dissappears from that world comes back 2 the real world , but that wudnt explain the epilogue thgh

I read something that says the last scene is a dream of Otanashi, and he stays I the wordl, he is the programmer that became a NPC. And that the story is a cycle, they all will return in this world when Otanashi became a NPC and then once again he comes back, and this happend again and again and again to the infinity.

Ps : I dont know if it's clear for you, English isn't my main language *~*

Sep 11, 2016 12:19 PM

Lbi_ said:
NJ_animeluvr said:

I read something that says the last scene is a dream of Otanashi, and he stays I the wordl, he is the programmer that became a NPC. And that the story is a cycle, they all will return in this world when Otanashi became a NPC and then once again he comes back, and this happend again and again and again to the infinity.

Ps : I dont know if it's clear for you, English isn't my main language *~*
NJ_animeluvr said:
Okay I really cried at the end too , lol
I know this is an anime from years ago but I just watched it and I loved it , because of the awesome enjoyment I even overlooked the probs.

But really tell, kanade died so she went after fulfilling her regret, what would it take for MC to leave , she could have simply not said it stayed with him,
All that aside they see each other again in the real world okay that was far fetched but totally awesome, I loved that , so maybe they were reincarnated . Then in the epilogue MC s the new prez and helps people, But that makes u wonder didnt he end up like the guy who made angel player , and it says that guy was waiting and MC is too or someone says the like in the epilogue, since he is waiting it is also a possibility that kanade isnt dead , maybe a comma or something , and maybe if the realm doesent have a time frame maybe the MC ends up as the guy who makes angel player and its kind of a paradox, just shooting here.

i kind of tht the same thing 2 , but it neednt be a dream we never know 4 sure , i wish they made a second season to explain all tis

Sep 25, 2016 9:10 AM

Well... this was all a lot less impactful than it could have been.

The graduation ceremony was cute and all, the most adorable being Yuzuru, when his voice got all shaky during his big speech. But the whole thing never went beyond "cute" for me.

Yuri's departure was downright ridiculous, she gave Kanade a hug but not the boys, even though she spent a lot more time with them. And in the final scenes, Yuzuru and Kanade's love seemed forced to me. And don't even get me started on the stinger scene.

Oct 4, 2016 4:55 PM

Personally got around to watching this. Clannad was like trauma to me and I try to avoid drama anime, but got around to this one finally. Loved this episode. This is going on my favorites and I THINK it will stay there. I enjoyed it enough to give it a 10/10, though if you were to ask me as a critique I would give something closer to a 8.5 maybe? If this was 24 episodes (may be to much but the standard) almost definitely would be one of the highest rated anime of all time. It's a shame that so many anime lose potential due to budgets( especially with episode count)

Dec 6, 2016 3:50 AM
After watching the last episode, I was quite confused because I had so many questions. I think more episodes would have benefitted this anime a lot! I wanted to know the backstories of all of the characters and not just a few. Most of them just vanished without any explanation. But I did come up with my own theory that explains most of my questions. I'm pretty sure some people came up with the same or a similar theory already, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

I believe that Afterlife is a place that isn't connected to time at all. However, an entity (whatever that may be) designed it for teenagers of the modern age because there was modern technology and all of them were familiar with it. We already know that the souls that come to Afterlife couldn't accept their fates and were brought there to live a normal life and find peace. But some of them need other people to find their peace, like Yui needed love and Kanade/Angel needed to thank her donor.
I don't think that the souls were brought to Afterlife in the order they died in real life. Because Afterlife isn't connected to time, Otonashi's soul was brought there after Kanade's soul, even though he died before her in real life, so her soul could find peace.
I also believe that when everyone vanished, they weren't necessarily reborn in a time period after they originally died, but could have been reborn at any point in the past, present or future. They won't remember anything and grow up in that time period, but their souls will remember, which is why they will connect to some people instantly. It also explains how Kanade and Otonashi could meet after being reborn, even though in my theory, Otonashi didn't vanish immediately after Kanade.
I believe he couldn't leave Afterlife knowing that souls like Yuri would appear there and might never find peace because they would fight it. So he took over Kanade's spot. After watching the alternate ending, I'm even more convinced that this was the case. Then one day a person that he can trust to take over his spot like he took over Kanade's helps him to finally leave and be reborn. Which is probably the guy he talks to in the alternate ending. That is why he finally vanished in the credits. He spent some time, maybe even a very long time, helping souls in Afterlife (since he was always trying to help people) before he followed the others. Afterwards, he was reborn during the same time period as Kanade. Because their souls remember but they don't, Kanade wrote a song that "just came to her head", not knowing it was written by Iwasawa in Afterlife. She is humming it and Otonashi's soul remembers the melody, which prompts him to talk to her. It is open what happens next, but I like to think that they finally got the chance to be happy together. And I also hope Yui's and Hinata's soul found each other.

I'm just wondering who the guy that turned himself into an NPC was. At first, I thought it was Otonashi, but he couldn't have turned into an NPC since we see him vanish and being reborn. He was also not a NPC when the guy explained everything to Yuri. So it can't be him. But who was it then? Was it just one random NPC guy and it doesn't matter? Or is there a prequel or something that explains it?

I still rated it 9/10. I would have rated it 10/10 if they explained more and gave us the backstories of everyone. But I really liked this anime, especially how it was sad and funny at the same time.

Dec 10, 2016 10:51 AM

This episode was very sad, indeed, the rest of the show consist of 15 minutes of sadness for about 12 episodes lol.

I'll raise one point because of the well executed ending.

5.7/10 (thanks to the technical/production values)

Dec 20, 2016 9:31 PM

Well, they meet at real world? OMG

Dec 29, 2016 5:23 PM

I cried but still hated the unexpected relationship

Jan 7, 8:02 PM

I want to eat some mapo doufu/tofu.

I really wanted to know how Kanade ended up there.

I need another box of tissues, what a fantastic series.

Jan 9, 12:21 PM
I 💜 Emilia

nothing to be explained...............................................
for fuck sake.......... oh my fucking god.......

kanade and him met in the real world after they were reborn and they lived happily ever after. oh my fucking god dumbfucks.

Feb 3, 1:55 AM

Nice!
to me it was a good ending, kinda sad but good overall everybody moved on!

Feb 17, 12:30 AM

One thing that RUINED this anime was the comedy genre, Graduation ceremonies are so sad damn it, Naoi cried after all, and a confession at a time like this it's like stabbing you 1000 times damn it, the ending was kinda good to be honest if the last scene was the after life of course, if that is true that would be great to see Otonashi not left alone in that place damn it's creepy. 8/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Feb 21, 10:56 AM

I unfortunately didn't full on cry like I was expecting but I had wet eyes. The only anime to date that has made me cry buckets were Madoka Magica and Wolf Children. It was also pretty predictable that Kanade had something donated from Otanashi, although granted I didn't think it would have been his heart.

Overall though, despite being slightly disappointed with the ending this was a day well spent in marathoning it. 7/10

Mar 4, 8:19 PM
It was so sad. Then I got SUPER CONFUSED and I was still crying and I didn't know wht was wht anymore bc I thought the passed so plz tell me why the are still alive. /°~°/

Mar 20, 2:52 AM

The feels are a real thing...
A vast portion of the story development was way too cheesy and felt forced (with the exception of the hilarious hyperkinetic-moe Yui <3): the past lifes we got to know where really sad and believable; the ending was a lot more than meets the eye; episode 10 was a huge masterpiece; the scenes were people disappeared succeded at hitting the kokoro with some kind of melancholy.

Somehow I feel the show is a bit overrated because of the cheesy stuff... but it managed to send a strong message in the really important scenes.

Can't give it less than an 8 and I'm hesitant to give it a 9 because of the "filler" (of course it is not just filler, but was a "not so good" way to develop characters)

My kokoro feels stuff...
Modified by Apollo_Madao, Mar 20, 2:58 AM
I'll fade away and classify myself as obsolete...

Mar 22, 2:00 AM

This finale was very heartfelt and I was touched by it... But despite being arguably the saddest episode, it still didn't make me cry! Honestly, I'm a bit disappointed in that aspect, since I do love a good cathartic cry. The series as a whole didn't really live up to its potential, either. There are quite a few things I wish they would've expanded on, and other things they could've changed entirely, but even though it's not a masterpiece, I still enjoyed watching it.

Mar 22, 2:02 AM

Wolf_Gangsters said:
It was so sad. Then I got SUPER CONFUSED and I was still crying and I didn't know wht was wht anymore bc I thought the passed so plz tell me why the are still alive. /°~°/

I assume you're referring to the last seconds, where Kanade and Otonashi are shown, lolol. I've seen lots of misconceptions about this. They got reincarnated (somehow keeping their appearances, but we'll ignore that) and are meeting again in a new life.

Mar 22, 2:09 AM

blackk_rose said:
After watching the last episode, I was quite confused because I had so many questions. I think more episodes would have benefitted this anime a lot! I wanted to know the backstories of all of the characters and not just a few. Most of them just vanished without any explanation. But I did come up with my own theory that explains most of my questions. I'm pretty sure some people came up with the same or a similar theory already, but I thought I'd share it anyway.

I believe that Afterlife is a place that isn't connected to time at all. However, an entity (whatever that may be) designed it for teenagers of the modern age because there was modern technology and all of them were familiar with it. We already know that the souls that come to Afterlife couldn't accept their fates and were brought there to live a normal life and find peace. But some of them need other people to find their peace, like Yui needed love and Kanade/Angel needed to thank her donor.
I don't think that the souls were brought to Afterlife in the order they died in real life. Because Afterlife isn't connected to time, Otonashi's soul was brought there after Kanade's soul, even though he died before her in real life, so her soul could find peace.
I also believe that when everyone vanished, they weren't necessarily reborn in a time period after they originally died, but could have been reborn at any point in the past, present or future. They won't remember anything and grow up in that time period, but their souls will remember, which is why they will connect to some people instantly. It also explains how Kanade and Otonashi could meet after being reborn, even though in my theory, Otonashi didn't vanish immediately after Kanade.
I believe he couldn't leave Afterlife knowing that souls like Yuri would appear there and might never find peace because they would fight it. So he took over Kanade's spot. After watching the alternate ending, I'm even more convinced that this was the case. Then one day a person that he can trust to take over his spot like he took over Kanade's helps him to finally leave and be reborn. Which is probably the guy he talks to in the alternate ending. That is why he finally vanished in the credits. He spent some time, maybe even a very long time, helping souls in Afterlife (since he was always trying to help people) before he followed the others. Afterwards, he was reborn during the same time period as Kanade. Because their souls remember but they don't, Kanade wrote a song that "just came to her head", not knowing it was written by Iwasawa in Afterlife. She is humming it and Otonashi's soul remembers the melody, which prompts him to talk to her. It is open what happens next, but I like to think that they finally got the chance to be happy together. And I also hope Yui's and Hinata's soul found each other.

I'm just wondering who the guy that turned himself into an NPC was. At first, I thought it was Otonashi, but he couldn't have turned into an NPC since we see him vanish and being reborn. He was also not a NPC when the guy explained everything to Yuri. So it can't be him. But who was it then? Was it just one random NPC guy and it doesn't matter? Or is there a prequel or something that explains it?

I still rated it 9/10. I would have rated it 10/10 if they explained more and gave us the backstories of everyone. But I really liked this anime, especially how it was sad and funny at the same time.

That is a very good theory!! It explains the most significant plot hole of the series and strengthens the overall logic. ^_^

Apr 4, 2:34 PM

I'm little bit disappointed about the wasted potential of this series. Technically it was a great. Animation, art, synchro, sound and comedy, everything was really good. But sadly the end was way too rushed and it felt somehow anticlimatic. Characters like T.K, Noda and the others didn't even get a conclusion which is kinda sad. Let their backrounds alone, at least they should've been part of the graduation. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth, a few more episodes could've fixed that problem. Also the last scene wit Otonashi and Kanade would've had more impact,if they've focussed more on their romantic relationship beforehand. It was sad and I almost shed a tear,yet it wasn't as sad as I imagined. Nonetheless this anime was very fun to watch and it became one of my favorites.

Apr 22, 4:40 PM

7 years later the feels get me every time I watch this series.

May 21, 2:38 AM

Okay, I admit I cried after seeing tears pouring down Naoi's face.

This anime had some likable points but I... wanted it to be so much more. It was rushed, some episodes were just plain boring. It's pretty much a typical, average anime. Nothing to write home about though the idea of rebelling against god in the beginning could have made this much more intense and interesting if executed correctly.

Ah well. I probably won't watch it again, but I was too interested because I've been recommended it a couple times. 5/10

Jun 16, 10:18 AM

Such an emotional ending. I cried a lot. And when Otonashi was trying to grasp Kanade after she just vanished was so heartbreaking ;(

Jun 21, 3:48 AM
Really Really Heart Breaking episode After everyone desapear except the main character Otonashi...! I just want to know is there any anime like"Angel Beats"
Modified by AnimeChangesLife, Jun 21, 3:52 AM

Jun 21, 3:50 AM
icyhandofcrap said:
It c
Fleri said:
So Otonashi died before Kanade? Then how come he went to the 'Purgatory' after her, and not before?

It could be that they don't show up immediately. Or that Angel Beats world time is not linked to real world time.

I also thought the same thing bro...

Jun 28, 11:34 AM
I just don't get why some people criticise Angel Beats so much! I mean, sure there WERE some unanswered questions, but sorry to disappoint you people, it's not Naruto, it doesn't have 700+ episodes. Just 13. Based on that fact, I personally think that things were wrapped up pretty well. Plus, people keep complaining about how SHORT it is. Do you know how much time and effort the producers must have put into this?? And do you have any idea how much it must've COST?? The producers put their heart and soul into this, but you're STILL not satisfied! What more do you possibly want?! Oh, and it's BORING??? What part about it is "boring", hmm? It has a very original and ingenious plot! Why don't YOU try to coming up with a plot like that! Sorry if I sound rude, but I just feel kinda pissed after I read some of the comments over here. I mean, this anime taught me a lot.This is just my opinion though, and I don't mean to force it onto anyone.

Today, 6:09 AM

Umm... I don't get it. Things wrapped up just like that? Even Naruto fillers feels somewhat sadder.

Kanade and Yuzuru almost had no romantic progression. Neither does axe wielding guy being in love with Yarippei. Things just don't go anywhere at all. I don't get it, I just don't. They setup so many characters just so that they become comedy plot device with nothing to explain for them. The anime could've just revolved around 5 people and it'd be better because they'd give more characterization to those 5 instead of spreading it out. In the end, we barely knew anything about Kanade. Even Isla from Plastic Memories have more meaningful character than Kanade because she was characterized for 12 episodes instead of just 1-2 episodes.

A lot of the story just random. The whole shadow thing, the whole God thing, the whole clone thing, everything is random. There's a good laugh and sad scenes like Yui's "what if" but that's pretty much it. Nothing else is remarkable. I'd even say Akame ga Kill have more feels and comedy than this despite being a half-assed adaptation and as a shonen anime.

This anime would've been more sad if we know more about Kanade's past. Instead we got a half-assed answer of her being saved by Yuzuru's heart... which kind of a plothole if she arrived way earlier than the guy himself. Heck, Yui's backstory and what if beats Kanade's story, which is almost none.

Pages (32) « First ... « 30 31 [32]