Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 7, 2008 12:06 PM
Jul 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
I always wanted to read this, because I remember watching Devilman when I was younger.

His friend is kind of nutty, but I guess anyone would be after seeing all that.
Jan 29, 2012 6:39 PM

Oct 2011
total genius! i've recently discovered go nagai's cutey honey anime and fallen in love with it so i decided to check out this manga on a whim - totally love the twisted story line, brutality, and freedom of this - nagai-san was way ahead of his time! right up there with osamu tezuka - great stuff!!!
Jan 25, 2013 1:39 AM

Jul 2011
SO.MUCH.NOSTALGY.
Jun 20, 2013 7:30 AM

Oct 2007
wow that was an awful opening chapter..
firstly i hated the addition of the "shin devilman" chapter previous to the first chapter and hated the chapter itself which was just an unpleasant load of gore.

as for the REAL 1st chapter....
i arrived to devilman through the 1972 anime, which was not good, but had some interesting marks, one of them being the main character/couple. so here not only that akira was the hugest wuss in existence but he was also treating miki awfully. i couldn't stanf that. i also hated his blonde friend which wasn't even in the anime... luckily i understand!

that was disappointing.

4/10
forum avatar: Sukisho
profile avatar: Ashita no Nadja
Feb 1, 2019 10:16 AM

Nov 2013
gknight said:
firstly i hated the addition of the "shin devilman" chapter previous to the first chapter and hated the chapter itself which was just an unpleasant load of gore.

i arrived to devilman through the 1972 anime, which was not good, but had some interesting marks, one of them being the main character/couple. so here not only that akira was the hugest wuss in existence but he was also treating miki awfully. i couldn't stanf that. i also hated his blonde friend which wasn't even in the anime... luckily i understand!

that was disappointing.

4/10

Reading this comment was a painful experience and it hurt my brain.
You all need to watch Nami.

Nov 15, 2019 2:16 PM

Jan 2019
gknight said:

that was disappointing.

4/10

Reading this comment was a painful experience and it hurt my brain.

The same thing happened to me too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Devilman Chapter 20 Discussion

gknight - Jun 26, 2013

15 by Kitsu-nee »»
Nov 22, 2023 7:05 PM

» Any SFW version of Devilman???

ltarget - Jan 30, 2018

16 by 24846 »»
Mar 2, 2023 4:32 AM

» anime or manga

h6n65b65hb65 - Aug 31, 2021

4 by miblan »»
Jan 29, 2023 1:21 PM

» The 53 chapter situation

ShadowMonkey - Jan 31, 2018

6 by batslimeman »»
May 29, 2022 12:34 PM

» Question about the manga

JacobDeezN - Mar 6, 2022

1 by Noldorin_Feanor »»
Mar 7, 2022 6:41 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.