Forum Settings
Forums
New
May 5, 2008 6:42 AM
Mar 2008
Ok I seem to be hitting a wall recently.
My concerns are usually if the samples are too easy. There is a fine balance in chosing the picture, since it has to include features that can allow people to recognise/work out the series but in the meantime be obscure enough to allow for a greater margin of error....

Are those of you partaking in it liking it so far? Any suggestions?
Because of time zone issues I can't disclose with accuracy a certain time of day to post the pictures. I understand that might give other players a greater advantage... however, I presently don't know how best to overcome this issue.

There is also the issue that other members who would like to join in just don't get the chance... again this is something im looking into...
at the moment anyone caring to join the game PM me or leave a comment here.

Any advice will be carefully looked over.
-------------------------------------- # ------------------------------
[20/05]
Ok some new shit has come to mind. I have listened to the people. As your quizz master and supreme king of games I'm bringing new details onto the discussion table.

1) As expressed by you the club game will have round winners posting up the pictures for the next round. Evidently, they can not participate until their hosting is completed. 2) The option of posting multiple pictures (2 or 3) for each round but players can only guess on 1 of them was also mentioned to me.
3) I myself thought up that players hosting the round would gain a few points in the case no one guessed correctly in their round. Hence a 'who-stays-on-the-longest' subcompetition within the game (not sure since people might target overly difficult pictures leading to abuse).

ALSO
4) to care for those members not into/good at guessing I suggest another game carried out simultaneously. This new game would be a 'picture caption' style game. Players can form team pairs or go single. Someone will post an anime picture/screenshot/manga shot and teams will have about a week to think of whatever caption to go with that picture. A deadline will be mentioned by which everyone must send their entries in. The winner will be decided by a voting poll. As you people can see it will be a longer process so im saying it should be a biweekly thing.

DISCUSS
TCHaosMay 20, 2008 7:43 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
May 7, 2008 3:10 AM
Mar 2008
Lo, on the *secret* ^^ site im on (where im Admin of an Anime-sub-Club) we got a (extremely lively) Guess the Anime Forum Topic which runs a bit different

Usually we take a snapshot of obscure scenes from a (random scene of a) anime episode and give out points to the one guessing Name of characters (of all characters :p) but usually only ask for the Anime itself, bonus points if someone can guess which Episode :p That way we actually require people to only post pics they have watched (recently) making it a bit more interesting... since we usually share the anime in question afterwards its a nice way to find new anime too

Ah well, just an idea (that would raise the difficulty alot though)

Edit: Ah i forgot to mention, the one answering the last posted "pic" is asked to post the next pic himself, which helps promote diversity ;)

But well, thats for that forum, just wanted to post this :)
eRe4s3rMay 7, 2008 3:29 AM
May 19, 2008 9:17 PM

May 2007
i voted didnt feature challengin scenarios. try random scnerey shots or from something not as popular.

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members

More topics from this board

» Club Cards [Gallery+Subscription]

TCHaos - Apr 21, 2009

30 by TCHaos »»
Mar 17, 2010 3:53 AM

» Club Game ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

clc - Jun 5, 2008

1411 by windeen-windy »»
Feb 8, 2010 2:49 PM

» Ask forum

TCHaos - Aug 25, 2008

44 by machirude »»
Jan 17, 2010 3:24 PM

» JAPANESE VOICE ACTORS BORN IN 1985 !!!

TCHaos - Jun 3, 2009

3 by sargtlin »»
Oct 6, 2009 2:48 AM

» Things that happened in '85

Acinonyx - Apr 16, 2008

13 by windeen-windy »»
May 8, 2009 5:50 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.