Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Durarara!! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2010 12:44 AM

Jun 2010
wahhh great anime!!!!
hope there will be season 2, coz celty not get her head yet >.<
Jun 26, 2010 1:05 AM

May 2009
Nice Izaya need to get punched like that once in a while lol since Shizuo usually can't damage him
Zutto Anime, Game, Manga!

Jun 26, 2010 1:12 AM
Sep 2009
Wtf is wrong with this ending. So disappointing. And I was going to give it 9/10 lol.
Jun 26, 2010 1:47 AM

Feb 2008
Second season needed. Other than that, I loved this show. It's currently my favorite show of this year.
10/10
Jun 26, 2010 1:56 AM

Jul 2007
Lol Shizuous "Spear" attack. I loled so much there!! Well overall it was a pretty good run. 8/10 from me and i would love a S2 or at least some OVAs
Jun 26, 2010 2:59 AM

Jul 2009
The finale episode is very good,wrapped up the first set of story.

Misunderstanding is wrapped up, no more secret & life goes on.Although it may not have extraordinary in the final moment of the episode,but that what all the anime about;the irregular that you see & hear about but not often seen in daily life.

The moment that i've feel touching are Saki showing much of her emotion than her normal face does.SakixMasaomi~
Fuck yeah Simon,nice punch :D
At 3.27,a guy mimicking Chuck Norris kick on a dude xD

lolwut with the complain >_>

garfield15 said:
Given the way certain plot threads weren't finished,hints of the next arc dropped.stellar DVD and book sales and my own personal psychic powers, I think we'll be in for season 2.But adapt Vamp! at some point Brains base.

Having realized Durarara is having better reception in Japan, BB would love to make second season when there is more material to adapt & new characters to be introduced.Not to mention lot's of shit happen in ongoing volume.Yeah,make Vamp! anime please :D
Jun 26, 2010 3:18 AM
Feb 2010
Aw. I'm going to miss Shinra.
:<

I hope there's a second season, some things still don't seem resolved.
Jun 26, 2010 3:56 AM

Dec 2009
I think there will be a second season, i mean we dont know what happens to celty's head!

and dosnt izaya have 2 sisters that get along with shizuo? i sware i read that some where before >.>

but i was really happy with the ending! it was sugoi >v<b
Jun 26, 2010 4:33 AM

Jun 2009
No!! Why Kida went?? I wish he stay with Anri and Mikado. Anyways I hope there will be a second season, It really needs a second season!! I was going to rate it 10/10 but because of this last episode, I rate it 9/10. It's a decent ending and I thought it was going to be awesome but blah, its just as the normal eps.

Seriously, it needs to have a 2nd season.

Jun 26, 2010 4:49 AM

Sep 2009
Mikorio said:
Alot of people here just don't realize, it's not over. This is just the first arc of the novels. About book 3 or so, and there's 8 books in total so far. We're lucky the anime left an opening for continuation as the novel goes on and didn't do that original shit Kuroshitsuji decided to do.

So don't go hating the anime for doing what all good anime based on another still-ongoing work should do, follow the original work and leave an open window of opportunity.

Yes, but the question is whether the anime will actually continue. Nobody here is hating on the novels. And clues seem to indicate that this won't be getting a second season.
Jun 26, 2010 5:23 AM

Feb 2009
The Horada getaway scene was absolutely comical, I loved it.

Simon punching Izaya was such a pleasant scene. As much as I love Izaya, he totally deserved that punch. Laughed when Namie teased him about it.

Overall, it was a satisfying and nice ending. 9/10
Jun 26, 2010 5:37 AM

Mar 2010
Lind_L_Tailor said:
Mikorio said:
Alot of people here just don't realize, it's not over. This is just the first arc of the novels. About book 3 or so, and there's 8 books in total so far. We're lucky the anime left an opening for continuation as the novel goes on and didn't do that original shit Kuroshitsuji decided to do.

So don't go hating the anime for doing what all good anime based on another still-ongoing work should do, follow the original work and leave an open window of opportunity.

Yes, but the question is whether the anime will actually continue. Nobody here is hating on the novels. And clues seem to indicate that this won't be getting a second season.

Total DVD sales are about 90-95k, there's no way it won't be getting a second season.

On the episode,

Very well done conclusion, which frankly is rare for an anime nowadays. Enough got resolve and left opened for a second season. It's really impressive when series with such a large cast manages handle character development in a good manner.

Hightlights for me:

-Kadota and friends infiltrating the YS and pulling a "Big Damn Heroes" moment.
-Everyone finally airing out their "dirty-laundry".
-Shizuo's epic roadsign ownage followed by Kuzuhara showing up
-Pretty much the whole Anri and Izaya scene.
-Simon punching the crap out Izaya (I still love him even if he is an ass) and lecture in Russian.
-The entirety of the Masaomi and Saki scene.
-Shinra's "are you trying to seduce me scene?" He pretty much got the best ending. XD

So, yeah great show now get cracking on season 2 BB!
Jun 26, 2010 6:03 AM

Aug 2009
Kagura89 said:

At 3.27,a guy mimicking Chuck Norris kick on a dude xD

Dude! Somebody else noticed that! I think that was Togusa.

Lind_L_Tailor said:
And clues seem to indicate that this won't be getting a second season.

Isn't that the exact opposite of what we're saying?
Jun 26, 2010 6:52 AM

Jan 2010
this anime is so good
one of the best things i've seen since my first anime (death note)
Jun 26, 2010 7:03 AM

Dec 2007
I can now die happy.

10/10.
Jun 26, 2010 7:04 AM
Jun 2008
rarri said:
I can now die happy.

10/10.
I can see the smile in that face
Jun 26, 2010 7:06 AM

Oct 2007
For a moment there I thought Anri would kill Izaya... gotta say I'm glad she didn't.

10/10, loved it.
Jun 26, 2010 7:06 AM

Jun 2010
Season 2 please!!! xD This series were awesome, i simply loved it! ^^ the ending was great, although i didint expect the begining of this ep xP
Jun 26, 2010 7:16 AM

Feb 2009
rarri said:
I can now die happy.

10/10.
No, not yet. Not until the special episodes aired and, if possible, the second season ;)
Jun 26, 2010 7:36 AM
Sep 2009
Amazing series :)
Jun 26, 2010 8:01 AM

Jun 2007
this anime lightened up my year. i thought good anime was done, and great stories finished. well, no. but anyways, durarara was an awesome anime that i will miss until the specials, and hopefully the next season. i really loved this anime more than a lot of other of my favourites. and the ending was definitely good.

ithe only regret i have now is not reading the novels, but oh well.
Jun 26, 2010 8:48 AM

Apr 2007
Excellent finale! I was really impressed considering the second half of this series has been quite boring. There was just so much greatness in one episode~! Shizuo attacking Horada, Izaya getting a black eye, and Celty's "actually, I'm seducing you" were the best parts <3 Also Kida changing back to his likable self, I couldn't stand that useless brat.

I'm satisfied, 8/10 from me :3
Jun 26, 2010 8:53 AM

Oct 2009
Jagd84 said:
Hightlights for me:

-Kadota and friends infiltrating the YS and pulling a "Big Damn Heroes" moment.
-Everyone finally airing out their "dirty-laundry".
-Shizuo's epic roadsign ownage followed by Kuzuhara showing up
-Pretty much the whole Anri and Izaya scene.
-Simon punching the crap out Izaya (I still love him even if he is an ass) and lecture in Russian.
-The entirety of the Masaomi and Saki scene.
-Shinra's "are you trying to seduce me scene?" He pretty much got the best ending. XD

So, yeah great show now get cracking on season 2 BB!

Haha, Go Simon. :D

About episode 24: Celty needs to get her head back.
And why should Masaomi leave?
Also the Orihara twins?
If possible, second season would be good.
Jun 26, 2010 8:55 AM

Dec 2008
I'm still unsure what to think. As an episode, it was pretty enjoyable. As a finale, I'm a little disappointed. It felt rather anti-climatic, especially since they had so many plot threads going on in the beginning but only the gang wars were really addressed by the end. Hell, I still don't know why some of the newer characters were introduced around the halfway point of the series (such as Shingen or the police dude - they added nothing to the actual plot). So, it seems they're leaving it open for the possibility of an additional season but at the same time, I would have liked to it go off with more of a "bang!"

Added to that, I felt the last half-dozen episodes or so were a lot less...creative?...then the first half of the series. Ever since Anri was revealed to be Saika and Kida started to act all emo with the Yellow Scarves, the whole tone of the series changed. It was no long as fun or inspired as the first episodes, and also felt so much more linear...and frustrating due to the really messed up reasonings of the main trio.

So, yeah. I had Durarara set at a 9/10 for about three-quarters of the way through the series but bumped it down to an 8/10 a few episodes ago. I think I'll keep it there - it had an amazing first half but a less-than-stellar but still relatively enjoyable second half, but overall, it was was very good.

As for this episode itself, it definitely had its moments. Loved Simon and Izaya here, especially their conversation, but disliked the gang fight and the chase after Horada.

tl;dr Awesome first half, not-as-great but still good second half. Despite its flaws, I will still miss looking forward to this crazy, fun series every week.
AeternaJun 26, 2010 8:59 AM
Jun 26, 2010 9:17 AM

Oct 2008
This episode still needs something to be an epic ending, in my opinion. However, Shizu chan beats the crap out of those Horada guys parts is just hilarious. Selty seducing Shinra moment is good too. And i'm glad that Izaya finally had to pay something. 7/10. This series is really good, but it still disappointed me a bit.
Jun 26, 2010 9:18 AM

Mar 2008
So good. Nice ending. Even at the end were a few surprises. This is definitely a plus for this series.
Celty x Shinra^^
Shizu beats the guys with a sign road. And even Kinnosuke appeared.
Even Izaya been hit. It was nice that he flew and hit a sign of LOVE. But the Russian was weak.
I really hope that it will be second season. It was a lot of unknowns. For now, waiting for the special.
9/10

Jun 26, 2010 9:35 AM

Dec 2007
When did Shizzy beat Horada with a sign post? Did I miss that? All I saw was a Loony Toons-esque scene where he cuts the roof off the car with no damage being done to anyone.

EDIT: Now if it had shown Horada's decapitated body slump down from the driver's seat, then that scene would have been pretty cool.
Jun 26, 2010 9:53 AM
Aug 2008
he..
i want more durarara~!
but i am happy how is end, i wil watch it again when i am bored :D
Jun 26, 2010 10:06 AM
Apr 2009
I just fell moar in LOVE with Shizuo!!! He was so... SO! Awwwwww... What a shame It's end... but I hope there will be second season! Izaya finally got what he deserves! What has Simon done was just splendid! And WOW Izaya speaks Russian! Hell with his accent! I was shocked. Celty was awesome with seducing Shinra and Oh! his perversion! Hah... Ah, everything was just perfect. I really hope there will be moar, cuz I just can't imagine my future life without my beloved Durarara! And Shizuo!
Agh! I must stop! I could write like that all time.
Sorry for my english, but well... I DON'T CARE! I just want my Durarara ;___________________;
Jun 26, 2010 10:59 AM
Jul 2008
This entire serious was mediocre at best. I expected much more since Bacanno was pretty good. Is it rewatchable; no. How was the artwork; I liked it was consistant. Action scenes; horribly dry. Turning points; they were a 3/10.
Jun 26, 2010 11:00 AM

Nov 2007
I'm completely satisfied with the ending :D

Though I do wish Anri and Mikado kinda got together <.< Oh well
Jun 26, 2010 11:17 AM

Feb 2009
Meanwhile, I'll be checking out some Drrr doujins while waiting for the specials. Found some nice ones of Anri xD
Jun 26, 2010 12:03 PM

Sep 2009
Good ending for great series. I was surprised than Kadota save the day once more and Celty in swimsuit looks so cute ). And for me it waas funny to listen how Izaya and Simoun sopeak russian (their accent is not so bad as in previous series)
Jun 26, 2010 12:07 PM

Aug 2009
belatkuro said:
Meanwhile, I'll be checking out some Drrr doujins while waiting for the specials. Found some nice ones of Anri xD

Did you read that one by Takeda Hiromitsu? It had all of the characters completely spot-on. Especially Izaya :P
Jun 26, 2010 12:56 PM

Oct 2009
This was interesting to follow. I liked most of the episodes and loved the characters).
Jun 26, 2010 1:44 PM

Apr 2009
I'll miss
Jun 26, 2010 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
Nice ending to a great series. Loved Celty's seduction scene :D
Jun 26, 2010 2:22 PM

Nov 2007
i have so much to say, so i'm probably not even gonna bother. i was laughing the whole time simon & izaya were speaking russian though, IT WAS SO AWKWARD LMAO??? i'm still confused about celty's head -- IS IZAYA GONNA KEEP IT FOREVER? & what the fuck happened to shinra's dad... 8[a

i can't say i'm satisfied with it, but it was a good run. i'm gonna miss my durrr fridays. :[
Jun 26, 2010 2:56 PM

Aug 2009
Teqnique said:
This entire serious was mediocre at best. I expected much more since Bacanno was pretty good. Is it rewatchable; no. How was the artwork; I liked it was consistant. Action scenes; horribly dry. Turning points; they were a 3/10.

Oh, I feel the same. The first half of the episodes were fine but the second ones were really poor.
The ending was so so.
Jun 26, 2010 3:05 PM

Aug 2008
2nd season and Verona fking when
Jun 26, 2010 3:12 PM

Apr 2009
So Celty never got her head back? Now that's a bit disappointing.
Jun 26, 2010 3:21 PM

Jun 2010
I expected too much from the Ending. But well it's not that bad if this have a second season.

I just wanted to see the Dollars power even though Kadota and the other dollars deeated the yellow scarves

I want to see how Mikado will help Masaomi by sending "Lets help Masaomi" or "Go to the yellow scarves base" lol. But anyway It's not needed because Celty and Anri is there.

I Just Want to See the Power of Ryuugamine - kun :<
Jun 26, 2010 3:46 PM

Apr 2009
We can has second season?
Jun 26, 2010 4:12 PM

Feb 2010
I really don't liked the first 10 episodes, it was boring for me, but the end of first arc and the second arc was really good, and I liked the ending too.^^

8/10 for the series; 5/5 for the episode.
Jun 26, 2010 5:11 PM

Feb 2010
ahh cant believe this is the last episode (for now..there are the OVAs too..whenever they come :/)...still hoping for 2nd season (if possible)

Love Shizuo action here <3 it was so hilarious seeing Horoda's (sp?) face when Shizuo sliced the car in half haha :D *double thumbs up approval for Shizuo*

Used to really like Izaya in the beginning but ever since Kida's arc began...i just dont like him that much anymore :/ which is why I'm glad that Simon punched him (HAHA i was about to crack up so badly at the way that Simon punched him ^_^ and Izaya looked mad hilarious like a panda xP)..this is like only the second time (i think?) that Izaya got punched :3 And I wished Anri was able to slice him at least once *sigh* :/

Didn't support SakixKida but it was really cute in the end how they decided to run away together :)

oh and I had a hard time deciding whether to rate this anime series 8 or 9 (i wish there was 8.5 T-T) but I guess I'll rate 8 for now because there were some ups and few downs for me >_> I did really enjoy some parts of this anime but it wasnt as exciting compared to other animes (which i've rated 9) that I've watched so far so yeah..
Jun 26, 2010 6:17 PM
Oct 2009
I loved how Anri tried to take on Izy. At first I thought she was going to easily beat him because of his sword then I thought about it for a second and remembered that he can go toe to toe with shiz.

Then he SAID it, like don't underestimate me I can go one on one with Shizzy. Man this guy is insanely fast.

He's like as fast as Shiz is strong. I wonder if there is a reason why he is so fast.
Jun 26, 2010 7:01 PM

Nov 2007
It was a satisfactory ending.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jun 26, 2010 7:51 PM

Jan 2010
I liked it but they spent too much time on what happened after and not the actual climax, imo.
Jun 26, 2010 8:04 PM

Apr 2008
ok .. isnt a bad ending =]

Jun 26, 2010 9:02 PM

Feb 2009
I just wanna point out...

Izaya hit Philadelphia's LOVE symbol, and now I'm proud to live in Philly.

Pages (12) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 15 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

francismeunier - Apr 22, 2010

234 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 5:26 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Usami-Haru - Mar 18, 2010

456 by Karva1 »»
Apr 20, 1:47 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Proselyt - Jan 14, 2010

331 by Karva1 »»
Apr 19, 11:39 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

katzenjammer - Feb 18, 2010

299 by Kurkitos »»
Feb 5, 6:31 PM

Poll: » Durarara!! Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Kirika- - May 27, 2010

205 by dr_hydrangea »»
Jan 31, 4:32 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.