Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
May 12, 2018 4:29 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
I m still dont feel like this episode deserved all the praise on many of the comments, it was the better one so far, but alot of stuff are just too hard to process like that.
And even with this revelation that last episodes were all alternative worlds this dude could see from his Tatami room, so what?
If anything I want to praise the artsyle more than the plot. I do understand the message this writter was trying to pass, but there are way more effective ways of transmiting it to the viewer than this whole clusterfuck of 9 episodes before.

It is stylish in a way, but I do think ep11 will be the decisive factor for me cuz right now, this is just a good anime.
May 13, 2018 8:11 PM

Jul 2012
We're near the end... And it still doesn't really make full sense but... I'm looking forward to the finale.

I understand the concept of it, but where will it lead to?
Aug 8, 2018 3:34 AM

May 2016
It looked very much like a rollercoaster of emotion he's been going through while he was cooped up in his room doing nothing. He initially embraced the shut-in lifestyle but eventually got bored enough to try to improve himself and try new things. That didn't work out and as a result, he neglected the his living conditions and felt depraved of human interaction, trying to find company within the confines of his 4.5 tatami room.

He's trying to get out of the loop he created for himself once again but he experienced the true nature of the power of the 4.5 Tatami Galaxy and saw many of his "failed" timelines with the difference between each room varying from the choices he made in that timeline. He might've considered these timelines failures but he definitely noticed that there were color to all of these rooms compared to the drab dark space he's living in. Seeing the interactions he had with the many people he befriended throughout the show made him feel that he was missing out.

It might not exactly be rose-colored, but he knows that it's better to have any color in his campus life than none at all.

Jan 19, 2019 12:03 AM

May 2015
This was just brilliant.
May 17, 2019 6:34 PM

Dec 2018
EACH EPISODE HAD ITS OWN COLOR & I DIDNT EVEN REALIZE

I really felt the excerpt about none being rose-colored but all of them being beautiful.
Jun 17, 2019 6:16 PM

Jul 2014
Damn, this was an absolutely brilliant episode.
Aug 28, 2019 7:54 PM

Aug 2017
This episode was a bit creepy. I don't like to go outside much but I'd go crazy if this will happen to me.

The identical rooms changing colors in the Opening = episode 10.

It's simply mind-blowing to see how everything's finally coming together.

5/5
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 15, 2019 8:02 AM

May 2018
An episode about realization, this explains why there are a sudden head on the wall at the bee religion episode. I loved this episode, they used the 4.5 tatami room as an example for every route he takes on the previous episodes, a never ending mistakes. I don't know how to feel about this, but this really felt lonely and sad, everything doesn't go on what he wanted and he always ended up being in a wrong choice. Lets see how will they will finish this anime up.

Nov 9, 2019 12:53 PM

Mar 2016
Ah, so finally Watashi has reached the Tatami Galaxy... A dimension where the 4.5 tatami rooms he lives in are placed on all side and stretches out endlessly... Although each room looked similar to his, and it's still his, it's the representation of the rooms of the various, infinite possibilities he has thought up, and that's when he realized. [b]Although none of the 4.5 tatami rooms seems to be rose-coloured, each has its own distinct colour. That's huge character development for someone who endlessly chases for the rose-coloured life he always wished to have.

The fact that Watashi who have taken pride in living in a 4.5 tatami room and yet felt as if he wanted to escape this galaxy as he's getting sick of it pretty much signifies that; no matter how many time he thought up of yet another new possibilities in his head to attain that rose-coloured life he so desire, he would one day sure be sick and tired of being stuck in a perpetual state of mind, just imagining a possibility instead of living through one, despite it never being the ideal life he wanted to live.

This ep connected to the ep about the Honokawa company cult ep. I know for sure that he's stuck in the Endlessness of the possibilities he had, but I guess his possibilities that he had thought up are an independent parallel universe on itself too huh. That makes sense why the bearded (beard actually looks good on him) version of Watashi are able to interact with the Watashi from the Hinikawa cult possibility. All of this made sense now. If there were infinite numbers of parallel worlds, each with their own distinct differences, then that means whatever possibilities he thought up, each of Watashi's possibilities would be a reality in another parallel world. We've been going through the viewpoint of different Watashi who have taken a different turn at life!

All of this means that the original Watashi (the bearded one that's stuck in the tatami galaxy) is a Watashi that have chosen to waste his university life away within hi 4.5 tatami room. A possibility that is arguably worse than any other possibilities shown in the previous eps as he pretty much isolates himself alone. Even from Ozu...

Mind Blown This made the ED even more enchanting to hear!
Feb 3, 2020 6:22 PM
Dec 2019
So, about the movie that he references his situation being similar to. Is it Cube? it's the only one like that I can think of, but it wasn't all that good and I can't imagine enough people saw it for it to reach japan...
May 5, 2020 7:21 PM

Jan 2014
ShadowkillZ_ said:
All of this means that the original Watashi (the bearded one that's stuck in the tatami galaxy) is a Watashi that have chosen to waste his university life away within hi 4.5 tatami room. A possibility that is arguably worse than any other possibilities shown in the previous eps as he pretty much isolates himself alone. Even from Ozu...

This is an amazing summary, thank you! At first I wasn’t super impressed with the episode but upon further reflection i am able to appreciate the larger vision the author had. Although, since the storytelling method was not the most enjoyable to go through, my impression of the anime overall kind of hinges on what they do with the final episode…!
May 25, 2020 1:01 PM

Dec 2016
ShadowkillZ_ said:
Ah, so finally Watashi has reached the Tatami Galaxy... A dimension where the 4.5 tatami rooms he lives in are placed on all side and stretches out endlessly... Although each room looked similar to his, and it's still his, it's the representation of the rooms of the various, infinite possibilities he has thought up, and that's when he realized. ¡Although none of the 4.5 tatami rooms seems to be rose-coloured, each has its own distinct colour. That's huge character development for someone who endlessly chases for the rose-coloured life he always wished to have.

The fact that Watashi who have taken pride in living in a 4.5 tatami room and yet felt as if he wanted to escape this galaxy as he's getting sick of it pretty much signifies that; no matter how many time he thought up of yet another new possibilities in his head to attain that rose-coloured life he so desire, he would one day sure be sick and tired of being stuck in a perpetual state of mind, just imagining a possibility instead of living through one, despite it never being the ideal life he wanted to live.

This ep connected to the ep about the Honokawa company cult ep. I know for sure that he's stuck in the Endlessness of the possibilities he had, but I guess his possibilities that he had thought up are an independent parallel universe on itself too huh. That makes sense why the bearded (beard actually looks good on him) version of Watashi are able to interact with the Watashi from the Hinikawa cult possibility. All of this made sense now. If there were infinite numbers of parallel worlds, each with their own distinct differences, then that means whatever possibilities he thought up, each of Watashi's possibilities would be a reality in another parallel world. We've been going through the viewpoint of different Watashi who have taken a different turn at life!

Mind Blown This made the ED even more enchanting to hear!

It is mind blowing indeed.

PS: Watashi in this ep it's me during this quarantine.
May 27, 2020 6:22 AM

Mar 2016
rubiadesiempre said:

PS: Watashi in this ep it's me during this quarantine.

Same... At least we are not stuck by ourselves, yet we are. We're physically alone, but we're not lonely, as long as we all communicate with each other through various means.
May 30, 2020 6:20 AM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
Nani sore Watashi??!

Idk, if i must call this episode a brilliant, excellent, genius, amazing, clever, wondeful, wise, or else. Just, what the fuck? The ideology gone so radical until its limit. Watashi became crazy, so do i. Even the Tatami explanations itself can't make me care anymore. I just want to know, what the fuck?

But, still, the direction neatly arranged. Since i can reach this part well enough, i believe, i am blessed. This legendary nonsense keep its best, to give Watashi another pyschological therapy, out of nowhere. Making his mental clear again, and try to open his heart to the outer world. Still the result was unclear.

Yojouhan Tatami Galaxy, gives me more chilling, to see how myself survived the loneliness. Yet, the result might open in the next episode. However, all of the different Tatami make me relieves the, 'yeah, i must do something, so i don't come to this 'Watashi' mental state'. I put a lot of effort to push myself to watch the end. So i will changed myself, changed the Watashi to be a better self.

Is that right? Idk the real answer.
But, yes, this episode trully give me so much irritations, more than any episode i have ever seen. Even in the previous Tatami Galaxy's episodes. Oh, crap!
badabassMay 30, 2020 6:24 AM
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Jul 23, 2020 11:01 PM

Jan 2019
A LEGENDARY EPISODE. Probably one of the best in anime ever.
Jan 8, 2021 12:55 PM

May 2015
He's having an existential crisis by the look of things. But I'm glad that things are starting to tie together & make sense with all these different alternatives we see for Watashi.
May 16, 2021 12:48 AM
Aug 2019
I have no word's, just... Amazing
May 29, 2021 5:17 AM

Dec 2016
So fucking cool. I love this so much. What an awesome story idea. I'm going to have to read the book at some point. Colour me extremely impressed!

This must have taken so much planning to write. Everything is linked back to this parallel worlds idea.
Jul 12, 2021 12:00 PM
Jul 2018
Wow. I'm not sure what I just watched, but I know it was something special. Things are starting to come together now just in time for the finale.
Aug 10, 2021 8:22 AM

May 2018
Nice. So Watashi is a world line leaper just like in Steins;Gate lol. I wonder if this is all real or in his imagination?
Oct 11, 2021 1:28 AM

Aug 2018
Probably most interesting episode so far, theres just so many surprises going on
Nov 4, 2021 1:14 AM
Aug 2021
Ooh damn this episode was amazing. They have perfectly connected all of these parallel worlds showing what Watashi had done with his campus life. I love how each room is represented with a plethora of colours — except for the rose color as none of these parallel worlds are perfect. It also answered my question in the Honkawa ep about how the bearded Watashi comes into his room.

No idea how Watashi is gonna escape this 4.5 Tatami Galaxy.
Mar 17, 2022 1:46 PM

Aug 2012
Great episode, though not one of my favourites. With a premise that limits the episode so much, one character & ostensibly one setting, it's impressive just how fast it blew by for me, and that it managed to remain engaging. I think largely this is in how the series committed to the weird artistic choices that the series had previously danced with in more sparse intervals.

The prominence of the live-action footage really stood out, and the mixture was great (I loved Watashi turning the pages of the real book). One hand, I'm just outright impressed that it exists. Most anime don't require set-building after all, but having to replicate various shots of his Tatami Galaxy isn't something I expected. I like how pronounced and real it makes everything feel. Being cramped into one room for so long can makes all the details stand out more, and I imagine this speaks to Neets very well. Drowned in the thoughts of what their lives could've been like but too soaked in social anxiety to escape their rooms and make something out of it.

In Watashi's case here, it's more literal, and does a nice job of filling in some gaps. It was clear that we were going to witness the other side of the cult meeting, but the money bag was a nice surprise. The highlight of the episode was the different coloured rooms. I finally mentioned last time I loved the colour palette, how it's typically monochromatic nature allows for single colours to take prominence. Often to an advantage of imprinting a mood on the scene, and this episode does this well but largely existing in the monochromatic more so than any previous entry. It was so immensely satisfying to have this stylistic decision tie into the narrative by painting each of his circles with a different colour. It's not just a striking visual ethos, it holds actual weight within the narrative, and I love that.
Apr 3, 2022 12:42 PM

Jun 2019
I loved this concept of using an episode to explian the name of the anime.
Apr 18, 2022 6:35 AM

Aug 2014
That final minute of this episode (before the ending song started) was just amazing.

His realization that he can no longer live a life of "what-if's" in his head due to the fact that it is very unhealthy.
May 17, 2022 7:28 AM

Feb 2021
Lol this time senpai didn't join any groups/clubs at all

Why were there so many irl shots in this episode?

Now he's trapped in this 4.5 tatami room? There's no escape from this seemingly unending dimension.

At first, he was happy to be stuck in this personal paradise but over time this paradise became his prison.

Now it makes sense why we saw an older, 'out-of-touch' looking mc at the end of ep5. He had been travelling through all these parallel universes.

Damn, so he was the one collecting the 1000 Yen notes and giving it to the mc of another universe who thought it was money for continuing the proxy war.

Mc is in this perpetually endless cycle and I think now he's realising that he wasn't appreciating the new 'life' he was getting every time. He still wanted a perfect rose-coloured campus life. In the previous episode, the Master told him that all of these different realities came at a price and looks like he is paying it now.

Jun 30, 2022 12:51 AM

Feb 2021
So he was daydreaming this whole time?
Aug 31, 2022 1:10 PM

Oct 2020
The episode was brilliant. The opening and the title make sense now. Any colour is better than no colour.
Can't wait to watch the final episode.

5/5

"FALL OFF YOUR HORSE!" - Gyro Zeppeli
Sep 17, 2022 7:55 AM
孔真・コウマコト

Jun 2017
Damn, that was a surreal episode! An insight into the mind of a hikikomori?

I just loved the direction, flow of monologues and the links made with previous episodes here, although I feel like the decisive factor will be explored in the next episode...
#Anime4Life be my Life Motto! #PrayForKyoAni

Sep 27, 2022 6:04 PM

Mar 2010
Episodes feel relatable. Feels like i am trapped in this anime and can't get out.
Mar 5, 2023 4:59 PM
Apr 2021
This episdoe connected everything perfectly and was awesome
Apr 2, 2023 1:23 AM
Apr 2022
Playcool said:
I m still dont feel like this episode deserved all the praise on many of the comments, it was the better one so far, but alot of stuff are just too hard to process like that.
And even with this revelation that last episodes were all alternative worlds this dude could see from his Tatami room, so what?
If anything I want to praise the artsyle more than the plot. I do understand the message this writter was trying to pass, but there are way more effective ways of transmiting it to the viewer than this whole clusterfuck of 9 episodes before.

It is stylish in a way, but I do think ep11 will be the decisive factor for me cuz right now, this is just a good anime.

I agree, it’s a good anime but the plot is a little incoherent and seems to be lacking any real message. very creative aesthetically though, I appreciate that but otherwise it felt like a bit of a pretentious rom-com story
Sep 14, 2023 6:45 AM

Aug 2022
What a great episode. After this episode I don't think that there's a single thing left unexplained. Also Watashi looks good with a beard.
Oct 21, 2023 5:16 PM
Oct 2023
De las mejores series que he visto y que te deja un muy buen mensje para tu vida.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

garfield15 - Jun 10, 2010

92 by ohwaitwhat69 »»
Apr 12, 1:27 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

controlmajortom - May 6, 2010

127 by blinddig »»
Apr 10, 2:32 AM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 27, 2010

151 by MalcomHater »»
Mar 23, 3:01 PM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 )

born2badored - May 13, 2010

91 by haydnwright »»
Feb 1, 3:22 AM

Poll: » Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

ESSWHY - Apr 22, 2010

331 by danger-_- »»
Oct 10, 2023 10:56 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.