Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 2, 2008 2:49 PM

Apr 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well it all comes together nicely now. Rue's life as the raven's daughter up to that point has been nothing but a sham. It's a bit saddening considering how much she's had to put up with it all those years.

Fakir really needs to start focusing on a way to take out Drosselmeyer.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 26, 2009 4:29 PM

Jun 2008
lol spit flew out of Fakir's mouth when he yelled Ahiru's name. That's awesome :D

The flashback with little Rue was adorable. Ruslan and Ludmilla is a great song and it matched so perfectly. This is one of my favorite episodes
Jul 1, 2009 3:38 PM

Jan 2008
I really liked how this episode turned out...

The part where Fakir realized that Ahiru changed him was cute :3 Go get her!! XD

What I've been wondering the whole time is: doesn't anyone notice that Mytho isn't aging?! o.O If that's because he's only Drosselmeyer's "product", then Ahiru shouldn't age either, hm? Although she's a duck in reality...Just some random thoughts on that...

I'm feeling quite sorry for Rue now. And WTF?! Haha...Mytho at the end...xDD Hilarious.
And as usual, Fakir's German wasn't too good. xD

Sadly, I felt like strangling Uzura when she was "ooooooooooh"-ing at the top of that tower. Urgh.
SaorinJul 1, 2009 3:43 PM

Feb 9, 2010 6:56 PM

Oct 2009
^Yeah I noticed that he wasn't aging, and I think it will be explained soon.

Making the story go backwards to fill in some gaps, very clever. I have absolutely no idea where it will go from here though. It seems that the story's sad end is inevitable, if there even is an ending at all. They're keeping the direction mysterious, I like that.
Mar 1, 2010 12:05 AM

Feb 2010
Poor Rue... to have your whole life be a complete lie...ugh.

The return of Edel-sama!! She's one of my faves and disproves Drosselmeyer's thought that shes a mindless marionette- she goes against the story even in spirit.

Fakir has really gone leaps and bounds and it's great that he realizes that Ahiru is the reason for the change.

This reminds me of an Utena quote:

"Crack the world's shell- For the revolution of the World!"

Another Utena comparison: Akio/Drosselmeyer... the "god-figure"
Sep 15, 2010 8:14 AM

Mar 2009
I'm really liking Rue's character better. She's very complex, and it will be interesting to see what she does now that she realizes her life has been a lie. Loved the scene with Ahiru and Fakir at the end, so cute :)
Jan 19, 2011 3:29 AM

Apr 2009
Crap he finally turned into a raven himself.

Saorin said:
Sadly, I felt like strangling Uzura when she was "ooooooooooh"-ing at the top of that tower. Urgh.

Oh come on, forgive her. She was just in awe being child-curious about everything in the world. I admit I'm biased because I like Uzura-chan! :D
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Jul 10, 2012 1:25 PM

Jun 2009
So, like, this is freaking incredible. Rue's flashback was incredible, but really there was no single one highlight of the episode as everything was just incredibly well done. A story about Storytelling is great Storytelling.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jul 16, 2013 4:39 PM
Aug 2011
That was good.
Aug 28, 2013 12:52 AM

Nov 2011
Uzura is too cute! I nearly cried when she met Edel-san.

The complexity of this story is crazy. It's like a mini-Kingdom Hearts = so many plot loops manipulated into the tale.
These faces are so cute that I might just leave them here (#`Д´)´∀`)・ω・) ゚Д゚)゚∀゚)・∀・) ̄ー ̄)´_ゝ`)
Jan 9, 2015 7:44 PM

Feb 2014
Wow that was a really great episode. Making the story move backwards was genius (Plus Uzura was actually useful!)!

But things were very serious this episode. I mean, Rue wasn't actually the daughter of the monster raven? Talk about a rude awakening!

The tea party with Drosselmeyer was interesting as well, and it was great when Tutu jumped into Fakir's arms!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 5, 2016 12:51 PM

Jan 2013
I'm still bewildered as to how amazing these past 2-3 episodes are. Poor Rue was always one of my fav characters from this show besides Fakir, and this episode further strengthened that.

Definitely can see why this show is praised and particularly the 2nd half (even though it did have a couple of meh episodes initially) so much.
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

Jun 21, 2017 4:48 PM
Apr 2015
oh things are getting dark
ahiru and fakir hugging was cute
poor rue :( raven mytho was creepy
Aug 2, 2017 8:49 AM

Mar 2017
Wow! Just, wow. This all comes together so nicely, and it is a very touching story. It's a shame that it feels like a kid's show too often, with lame running gags and not-that-great filler episodes... but episodes like this one make it all worth it. Unless they mess up somehow, I think this will easily get a 9/10 from me.

Also, I officially boarded the Ahiru X Fakir ship at this point. I would have never guessed that Fakir would become my favorite character, when I started watching this series!
Jul 8, 2021 8:06 AM

May 2020
Ah, poor Rue. Forced to live under a father who kidnapped her and emotionally and physically abuses her, loves a prince who will never love her back and has a lot of self-esteem issues.

I do wonder if we're going to get a Ahiru x Fakir ending. Its not impossible but I don't think its very well developed at this point.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 15 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 30, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Apr 21, 9:14 AM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 13 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 14, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 26, 12:16 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 38 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Awesmoe - Apr 3, 2008

143 by WisperG »»
Mar 21, 1:44 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 12 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 13, 2008

47 by Fairytelly »»
Mar 10, 7:07 PM

Poll: » Princess Tutu Episode 10 Discussion

tainteddonut - Apr 12, 2008

20 by Fairytelly »»
Feb 25, 11:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.