Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Jun 25, 2010 10:14 AM

Aug 2007
Not bad, considering what we've had in the past. I can't believe there's a new character... I am almost mildly interested in his and Ichigo's fight.

Also, Tatsuki, you better run, girl.
Jun 25, 2010 1:55 PM

May 2008
Rukia looks so pretty!

Woah...I thought that was Ulquiorra ;___ ; Tensa Zangetsu looks HOT.
Jun 25, 2010 3:51 PM

Apr 2009
Avarice said:
Ulquiorra, is that you?.

That's exactly what I thought when I saw him >.<

RENJIIII I miss him so much D: Bring him back, Kubo. Please. Pleasepleaseplease. After all, someone needs to job his ass off, and who does it better than him? :D

Also, RUN, TATSUKI.
Or stay, and show us what are your powers (Ichigo will probably save your ass anyway). We know Chad's and Orihime's...I don't believe that an action girl like her didn't develop powers as well.
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jun 25, 2010 3:57 PM

Nov 2007
Zangetsu looks completely different.

#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net - the official IRC channel for Fate Testarossa.
Jun 25, 2010 5:54 PM

Aug 2009
Tensa Zangetsu is a total bishie. Very hott xp

That is all.
頭脳は子供、見た目は大人! ƪ(˘⌣˘)ʃ
Jun 25, 2010 7:26 PM

Jun 2009
Lol random dude got killed :D

Hopefully getting to learn that technique won't take long.
Jun 25, 2010 7:46 PM
Nov 2009
Bleach should just become a DBZ parody....

OWAIT it is :o
Jun 25, 2010 11:29 PM

Jun 2008
lol tatsuki's gonna die soon
Jun 25, 2010 11:35 PM

Jun 2008
GanonBR said:
Fai said:
asterixk said:
engetsu , zangetsu , suigetsu ok im starting to think they are 1 big family like some noble and they were opressed? thats why aizen wants to be God and thats also why he knew ichigo they moment he was born

out of all "moon" zanpakutohs we seen, so far two had the abbility to use getsuga tenshou and both most likely are in perma-shikai form. Now we find out that their spirit names are similar.

And both wielders of engetsu and zangetsu belong to the same family.

Also, Ichigo is a firstborn and firstborns usually inherit the inheritance, family sword, etc.

The only "odd" one is Aizen, who goes against all these factors. Could he be some kind of "rogue" member of that family? Someone who specifically chose to ignore the main traits of his own blood?

Or maybe Aizen is the second born son or something, so he gets the family name, but a different power.

goddamnit this is exactly the kind of thing kubo would do. thanks for spoiling me guys.
Jun 26, 2010 7:10 AM

Dec 2008
Even in the midst of Aizen in God Mode, and Ichigo going through a cliche:
Jun 26, 2010 8:08 AM
Jul 2018
Kitsu_ne said:

Dude just watch Ichigo and Isshin pull a father son Getsuga Tenshou vs Aizen's super LAZAR. Actually before that watch Ichigo wail on Aizen until Aizen decides to destroy Karakura with bombage. Isshin will pointlessly step in and get himself killed. Just please no Aizen Jrs :(.

If Kubo's gonna copy the Cell Saga with the HBTC and the Aizen transforming thing, he may as well go all the way.
Jun 26, 2010 8:31 AM
Feb 2010
God when i was watching this i had chills and goosebumps while gin and aizen were walking those streets and at the end ?! aint that a twist right? they so happened to walk upon that one girl that's ichigo's friend-something tells me she seems more then meets thy eye xD

Jun 26, 2010 12:15 PM

Jun 2010
Fai said:
smokes said:
meh ichigo is excusable, but his father.. that is a proof of uncreaitivity..come on, if he is his father that doesnt mean they need to have the same attacks, or the same family zampaktou thing..

Of course just being related does not mean you have the same sword.

However IF kurosaki family IS/WAS a part of one of noble clans or even something more royal, it would make sense.

Disciples of famed martial arts schools usually inherit the same techniques of their teachers.

Warrior-centered families both in east and west alike would have the firstborn inherit the family heirloom - be it a weapon or a jewelry or an item.

Certain castes in african tribes go to very far lengths to separate themselves from commoners.

Secret societies, castes, gangs, clubs, organisations usually separate themselves from others by wearing same style of uniform, having an unique handshake, etc.

Royal families usually are recognised by their coat of arms, used to separate them from others.

Having a speciffic style of sword and sword techniques to separate yourself and your "bloodline" from commoners works perfectly.

smokes said:

if ichigos father doesnt have any other attacks, that means the Zangetsu is the lamest zampaktou from the series...

We know next to nothing about -getsu type of swords.

For all we know they can have thousands of different variations of one attack, or seeral attacks centered around similar things or several entirelly different attacks or be pretty much Full-str-warrior style weapons.

Isshin arc is coming up, I am sure(considering kubo confirmed that after this whole aizen stuff we will get Isshin/Ryuuken arc and then the whole hell society, royal realm, etc arcs.)

smokes said:

about the inventing thing ( i mean from the start, kubo should've had in mind to create more attacks.. when he created Zangetsu, and when poweruping, using new attacks not using the hollow mask

Ichigo WAS inventive with the use of GT as of lately. he tried surounding his sword with gt, he tried doing nuke attacks with it, hollow ichigo even used it as a whip.

The problemwith being ivnentive is that GT ichigo is using right now is VERY wild and unstable/explosive.

BakaKawaii said:
And apparently learning new techniques is hard for Ichi not only because he doesn't have time to train, but because his sword is cranky and doesn't want to "teach" him anything, but if his teaching of skills is anything like his teaching of "how to breathe" I'll be happy :)

No. Every sword (or ever -getsu) is like that.

Its just that most of shinigami spends hundreds of years doing jinzen and learning stuff from their sword(heck we saw most of real world shinigami do that during the first karakura invasion).

He does not need to "train" he needs to learn. All ichigo is, thats unrefined power(as shown by the nature of his gt, the whole ball gathering during kukaku stuff, inability to open the gates, inability to "hold the path", etc).

Reiatsu is not a problem. Its already implied that Ichigo can have as much, if not more reiatsu than Aizen has.

The problem is everything else.

Its like giving sharpest and best samurai blade to hungry weak farmer who never held any weapon in his life.

Ichigo's inner world is in mess.

The split personalities of his power/sword/soulare reluctant to work with him and he has yet to earn their full respect(see the eyes of Tensa when he is "unmasked" ? Thats some serious "you are trash" look directed at ichigo).

He has yet to learn the powers or special moves granted in his bankai form.

Even his general GT is unrefined and explosive, unlike focused, concentrated, sharp gt of Isshin.

Heck, even his reiatsu is fluctuating, leaking and changing constantly.

Ichigo needs to learn how to control and properly use on what he has/can have.

As he was before this training, the only thing holding his pwoers together was a duct tape.

You are a genius :O I'm totally speechless after all those theories, seriously (^w^)
Jun 26, 2010 3:06 PM

Jun 2010
PikachuXD said:
Kitsu_ne said:

Dude just watch Ichigo and Isshin pull a father son Getsuga Tenshou vs Aizen's super LAZAR. Actually before that watch Ichigo wail on Aizen until Aizen decides to destroy Karakura with bombage. Isshin will pointlessly step in and get himself killed. Just please no Aizen Jrs :(.

If Kubo's gonna copy the Cell Saga with the HBTC and the Aizen transforming thing, he may as well go all the way.

Well if he has Aizen kill someone like Cell kills 16 at least I'll be amused (looks like the unlucky victim would be tatsuki). And also if Isshin's bankai has great speed like tensa zangetsu, maybe Isshin can use Instant Transmission! I wonder how far this can go? Wait, I forgot the point Ichigo and Isshin are currently in something similar to the Hyperbolic Time Chamber as well thanks for reminding me 2Pack!

Honestly I'm watching Dragonball Kai, I don't need Bleach to remind me of Dragonball Z
Jun 27, 2010 5:02 AM

Nov 2009
Okay. I am glad to see people dying, and i am interested to see what happens with the friends left over in town. Not sure if i want a hostage situation though.
Jun 27, 2010 6:19 AM

Dec 2007
Fai said:
Bonar said:

Actually, when I thought about it I was thinking about Kouga and Muramasa - I know that Rukia was adopted.

Filler. Does not count. Kubo hates fillers and pretty much makes sure that every filler arc gets somehow discredited in the plot of manga.

Apart from the fact that when the last filler arc was annonced it was clearly stated that Kubo did do some of the chracter designs and wrote some of the plotline for the filler. So he can't hate it that much now can he.
Jun 27, 2010 7:22 AM

Jul 2007
duowolf said:
Fai said:
Bonar said:

Actually, when I thought about it I was thinking about Kouga and Muramasa - I know that Rukia was adopted.

Filler. Does not count. Kubo hates fillers and pretty much makes sure that every filler arc gets somehow discredited in the plot of manga.

Apart from the fact that when the last filler arc was annonced it was clearly stated that Kubo did do some of the chracter designs and wrote some of the plotline for the filler. So he can't hate it that much now can he.

THe only time kubo ever wrote an arc was Amagai one. The only time kubo actually wrote the storyboard for entire episode(s) was forest of menos arc.

Both of them fit into the manga.

Bount arc and Sword-Rebellion arcs however both have now been discredited
Jun 27, 2010 10:10 AM

Jul 2008
Amagai arc fits into the manga? : o
So Ichi going and showing his mask to G13 and none of them caring all that much is canon?
You should've just stopped at "filler does not count".

helur said:
Okay. I am glad to see people dying, and i am interested to see what happens with the friends left over in town. Not sure if i want a hostage situation though.

I loved how randomers just popped, but I do hope that Tite kills off some "good guys", plot protection is bleach is horrid, even worse than Sasuke.
Jun 27, 2010 11:37 AM

Jul 2007
BakaKawaii said:
Amagai arc fits into the manga? : o
So Ichi going and showing his mask to G13 and none of them caring all that much is canon?
You should've just stopped at "filler does not count".

as past/in-between the arcs, it fits. None of events there were disproved in manga, like how very concept of bounts and the impossibility of "sword rebellion" was practically destroyed with new revelations in manga..

The amagai arc is no different from a movie. It still somewhat fits in "somewhere along the way" timeline and does not clash with anything major in manga. IT COULD have happened at any point of storyline as the concepts of that arc are not challenged by manga ideas.

Its not "canon" to the manga, but its not denied by the manga as part of some sort continuity/animecontinuity/alternateuniverse/etc.
Jun 27, 2010 12:39 PM
Apr 2008
duowolf said:
Fai said:
Bonar said:

umm... so this argument with fillers counting or not started with the whole "family inherit skills and stuff..." since rukia is adopted that didnt count as a real kuchiki but wasn't kouga married into the family ? so that would mean that he isn't a real family member either.... i asked earlier but i believe that we haven't seen any family fighting so far. well we saw kuchikis grandfarther fight with kouga a bit in filler but he didn't use his zanpaktou so we wount know if its the same/similar to byakuyas
Jun 27, 2010 5:02 PM

Apr 2009
It was good. Big improvement over previous weeks, 4/5 for me.
Jun 27, 2010 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
Tensa Zangetsu somehow reminds me of Byakuya.
Damn, I miss Byakuya...

The best shape for an angel! ;)

Jun 27, 2010 10:24 PM

Mar 2010
I decided to check out Engetsu and Kyoka suigetsu. I realized that they have the nearly exact same Tsuba(guard). Then later on when Karin and Yuza become Shinigami their Zanpakuto will be Mangetsu and Kagetsu; or something like that.
KantonKageXJun 28, 2010 11:55 AM
Jun 28, 2010 12:26 AM

Jul 2008
I want to see grangetsu >:(
I love the gintama parody on zangetsu though :p

Fai said:
It still somewhat fits in "somewhere along the way" timeline and does not clash with anything major in manga. IT COULD have happened at any point of storyline as the concepts of that arc are not challenged by manga ideas.

Its not "canon" to the manga, but its not denied by the manga as part of some sort continuity/animecontinuity/alternateuniverse/etc.

So the total chaos within SS and the fact that Ichi revealed his mask to all of G13 isn't a major clash? Acquiring hollow powers is a major taboo, and he would've been sentenced, that's a pretty darn big clash, I'd say. The only reason the vizards were "allowed" to play in this war was because G13 needed the help, otherwise I'm pretty sure they'd try to take a chunk.
WhichOneIsKirkJun 28, 2010 12:31 AM
Jun 28, 2010 9:52 AM

May 2010
Lailerosse said:
Tensa Zangetsu somehow reminds me of Byakuya.
Damn, I miss Byakuya...

Sure he does. . And it was quite obvious that both Ichi And dad carried a sword wit the same hilt.
Jun 28, 2010 6:39 PM
May 2008
Hmm. Stuff is happening. Yay?
Jun 28, 2010 8:36 PM

Oct 2009
The new Zangetsu looks pretty cool... Hopefully the fight won't be all talking.
Jun 30, 2010 4:54 AM

Oct 2009
this manga is getting worse and worse... what happened in this chap? nothing..
Ichigo meet Zangetsu WOW and blowing up a guy by Aizen, just amazing, I didn't expect that REALLY! some pages were simply not needed...
Jul 2, 2010 7:29 AM

Mar 2010
so now what?
every other zanpaktou has a new form when in bankai

fuck this
Jul 3, 2010 3:32 AM

Oct 2008
Zangetsu - Ulquiorra revived with long hair
Jul 5, 2010 12:21 PM

Dec 2009
New Zangetsu is sexy.

Jun 7, 2017 7:29 AM

Feb 2013
Tensa Zangetsu is young.
May 1, 2020 9:32 AM

Jun 2016
Fettal said:
Does Kubo have a fetish for Renji? he's like in every color spread lol

Yeah I was thinking that too lmao,it's probably his favorite character.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 60 Discussion

rebwaters - Oct 19, 2009

5 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 17, 6:12 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 570 Discussion ( 1 2 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 26, 2014

90 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 14, 6:04 PM

» Bleach Next Generations?

Fullmetaldak - Apr 10

13 by Fullmetaldak »»
Apr 13, 8:11 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 480 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

MermaidGalaxies - Feb 7, 2012

102 by Crisdarto »»
Apr 6, 6:35 PM

Poll: » Bleach Chapter 674 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 19, 2016

50 by _Zanga »»
Mar 31, 10:29 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.