Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 26, 2010 11:13 AM

Mar 2009
I rather liked this episode for a change...

Also Nozomi in Chopper Costume. I liked it.

Overall this series seemed mediocre at best (unless 13 is truly extraordinary, not recap). I had hopes for this series before it aired, but they were quiclky dashed to pieces against a rocky shore :(
Jun 26, 2010 11:47 AM

Aug 2009
Well, I found the entire episode a pretty good way to end things on a high (in my opinion of course), given the random comedic take on the series on a overall whole. I personally only saw just about half the episodes (including the last two) containing any sort of the development many had wanted to see, but I thought it was done well. The anime ends at volume three of the novel, matching my predictions earlier for this series.

It's good I didn't expect much from these series (as per my usual standards when picking anime similar to this) because I found the direction it took really amusing. However, with that over with, I do hope that if they do have a second season any time in the future, it'd be more faithful to the novels. I highly doubt they would try twelve different directors for one series again, if a second season did get the nod. Hopefully then, we might see it being more faithful to the novels than this season (which, like I said earlier, only about half were similar to the novel material).

So it's about time we said goodbye to a really fun and humourous anime (once again, my personal tastes), and with the next episode likely a recap episode more than anything else, I have thoroughly enjoyed it. I wouldn't recommend this one for plot-lovers though, because this had little plot, but had lots of comedy and parodies throughout.
Jun 26, 2010 12:05 PM
Jun 2010
lol I'm going to give it 3/10 cuz I like the art, the story sucks and the characters are just too cliché

Jun 26, 2010 12:21 PM

Dec 2008
II think this series deserve 6 or 5 I enjoyed some episodes itwasn´t unwatchable, there´s worst series out there and well If was unwatchable why does people still watched it?

It wasn´t good but didn´t bored me a lot so I think it´s a medium low rate.

Isn´t supposed to be 12episodes?

I´m watching 13 on my animelist
Jun 26, 2010 2:08 PM
Jun 2010
All hail Bloots!
Jun 26, 2010 2:20 PM

Oct 2007
We got ot see Nozomi dress up as Tony Tony Chopper and some random dude in the background dress up as Usopp, so I guess the director of One Piece had the honor of doing the "last" episode.

Next episode's a recap?
Jun 26, 2010 5:16 PM

Apr 2010
pacostuart said:
Overall this series seemed mediocre at best (unless 13 is truly extraordinary, not recap). I had hopes for this series before it aired, but they were quiclky dashed to pieces against a rocky shore :(

I blame it on the fact that they had a different director for each episode.

I rather liked this episode compared to a lot of the episodes in the middle, which those just seemed to drag on with no progress(especially ep. 7 & 8). At least Nozomi finally said that she loves Takumi.

They'll probably mention a 2nd season in the recap episode, since the series really hasn't had that much story advancement. If so, it'll involve Fumino, Chise & Nozomi fighting over Takumi a lot more.
Jun 26, 2010 11:48 PM

May 2009
lol too funny
"No more spats! Bloomers is love of lolwut?"
and the part where Nozomi tells Fumino and Chise about their love triangle and then says "What should we do?" so innocently was lol.
Jun 27, 2010 1:16 AM

Feb 2009
iiSatou said:
All Hail Bloomeria!!

So much for the buildup of the issue of Nozomi's past just to say that she stays in the store. The parodies also didn't help. Well, Fujino Tamao and Kanae in different poses in the second day of the festival was nice but overall, this episode was really weak. And we have another episode which is just a recap. It's safe to say that whatever the last episode is, it won't change my score for this. 6/10.
Jun 27, 2010 2:03 AM

May 2009
belatkuro said:
iiSatou said:
All Hail Bloomeria!!

So much for the buildup of the issue of Nozomi's past just to say that she stays in the store. The parodies also didn't help. Well, Fujino Tamao and Kanae in different poses in the second day of the festival was nice but overall, this episode was really weak. And we have another episode which is just a recap. It's safe to say that whatever the last episode is, it won't change my score for this. 6/10.

NO! IT WON'T BE A RECAP!!!
IT'S GOING TO BE THE BEST EPISODE EVER!
Jun 27, 2010 2:04 AM

May 2009
belatkuro said:
iiSatou said:
All Hail Bloomeria!!

NO! IT WON'T BE A RECAP!!!
IT'S GOING TO BE THE BEST EPISODE EVER!
Jun 27, 2010 2:24 AM

Apr 2009
wabowser said:
If was unwatchable why does people still watched it?
People watched it because a director for each episode automatically made it an obligatory shitstorm.
Jun 27, 2010 2:56 AM

Apr 2009
Meh series is meh.
Jun 27, 2010 3:13 AM

Jul 2009
lzumi-chan said:
Anyone notice the One Piece parody part at about 15:00-15:16? Somewhere there..

This.

Jun 27, 2010 6:29 AM

May 2010
I don't know what to think about this series do I hate it or do I like it !? :S Some episodes was terrible some was not so bad.

in this episode, you will die horribly... *laughs just as shion*
lightness vs. darkness
Nani mo kamo wo hoshigatteita Mayoeru mono no chikai
Mada miru sekai o tsukuridasu koto Kuchi hateteiku
Jun 27, 2010 6:29 AM
Jun 2010
that was a good anime.
i was just a bit unsatisfied with the story plot. i guess they should have followed the story of the novel.

the changed in director in almost every episode was not good.
but the episodes 11 and 12 were great.

episode 13?? what's with this??
Jun 27, 2010 9:33 AM

Feb 2009
mel said:
risenforce12 said:
ZZZZZzzzz No Kissing Scene At All

Oh hey, you must be new to the world of anime endings.

lulz.

Jun 27, 2010 12:45 PM
Jun 2010
nanaki254 said:
lzumi-chan said:
Anyone notice the One Piece parody part at about 15:00-15:16? Somewhere there..

This.

LUFFFFFFFFFFFFFFYYYY
Jun 27, 2010 2:11 PM
Apr 2010
I liked it, it was touching. though, the reason why she ran away was a little shallow for me. I thought she did something more sinister than that. lawl. anyway, the ed of course had to have some ecchiness. give it a 8/10. Parodies rock!
Jun 27, 2010 2:27 PM

May 2008
I enjoyed some (very few) episodes, most were just blatantly mediocre and the rest were abymsal. Which leaves me kind of at a loss at how to rate this...giving it a 5/10....for now.
Jun 28, 2010 12:54 AM
Aug 2007
I had a lot of fun watching this. You guys are taking it too seriously.
Jun 28, 2010 1:59 AM

Sep 2009
Still another episode? (sigh) I can almost set it as completed...
Jun 28, 2010 2:44 PM

Nov 2007
Agreed. Whatever the last episode is I probably won't care. What a waste of time.
Jun 28, 2010 9:37 PM
Jan 2010
ReaperEXE said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode picked up right where the last one left off, surprisingly >_>. It was rather predictable that Noizumi would do something like that with the bloomers and tights. Though she did do it in attempt to make everyone happy, because her happiness apparently stems from the happiness of others (though sudden character development at this point is really... pointless). Overall this episode was a sad attempt to elaborate on Noizumi's past, and to explain her current disposition; ultimately it was LOLdeep at best. Of course all it took to fix this was Takumi to say that he likes Noizumi and that she'll always have a home at Stray Cats. It was both awkward and good that Noizumi cried, because her lack of emotion was getting irritating. I'm sure most of us expected there to be an open ending, and in the end nothing was really accomplished at any aspect. I was expecting Shimako to have more of a villainous appeal, but I suppose she was just another tool in Otome's grand keikaku. As far as this episode goes, 2/5.
It's a shame that out of 12 episodes, only 5 had any relevant or consistent plot. Though, to be fair, this show never really had a chance. It was obvious that it would be ridden with plot-holes, repetition, and terrible inconsistencies, but many characters were also very unlikable. It was a train-wreck from the start, and it couldn't have been ended conclusively. It might actually have been better if things were completely random from the start and scraped the plot altogether. Anyone who watched this series to the end deserve a medal, and if you liked it, even more so. Maybe something along the lines of "I survived Mayoi Neko Overrun! Apr 6, 2010 - Jun 22, 2010." Series get's a 1/10 from me, unwatchable.

Although I believe that everyone has their own opinion, I personally found the show to be pretty good.

This show was more targeted at a certain audience that could relate to the show, people who are orphans or addopted.

If it's unwatchable, waited till episode 12 to say it is unwatchable???
Jun 29, 2010 2:25 AM

Aug 2008
The only entertaining episodes in this entire series were 4 and 8... 11 and 12 were decent, but the other 8 were terrible - especially ep 1 and 7.

The biggest downfall of the series were the characters, especially the main characters... The only good one was Nozomi. The story wasn't very good either, but I did enjoy the randomness (except for the Gundam episode).

3/10 for the series from me, easily the worst series this season.
Jun 29, 2010 8:59 AM
Jan 2010
To all the people that are complaining this series sucked......why the heck are you wasting your time watching it???? Just to Troll about it after!!???!!

Like seriously, get a life.
Jun 30, 2010 9:54 AM

Feb 2010
I had to laugh a lot again. Not at last because this "drama" came out of nothing. But who cares, this will stay a random series for ever.
Jun 30, 2010 6:48 PM
Mar 2008
Typical ending is typical.
I thought someone shot Nozomi at the end out of nowhere LOL
Jul 1, 2010 5:16 AM

May 2008
yea well i actually enjoyed this episode Nozomi as Chopper ROFL.

Awesome Sig by Lailide
Jul 2, 2010 8:36 AM

Dec 2008
is it really 12 epsidoes? i havnt seen a episode 13 torrent..... i rate it around 8-9 .. though would have been better for a consistent plot. :P

Jul 3, 2010 5:11 AM

Jul 2009
How come the noobs team didn't win? i bet on them! there goes my $10..
Jul 5, 2010 6:26 PM

Jan 2010
ReaperEXE said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This episode picked up right where the last one left off, surprisingly >_>. It was rather predictable that Noizumi would do something like that with the bloomers and tights. Though she did do it in attempt to make everyone happy, because her happiness apparently stems from the happiness of others (though sudden character development at this point is really... pointless). Overall this episode was a sad attempt to elaborate on Noizumi's past, and to explain her current disposition; ultimately it was LOLdeep at best. Of course all it took to fix this was Takumi to say that he likes Noizumi and that she'll always have a home at Stray Cats. It was both awkward and good that Noizumi cried, because her lack of emotion was getting irritating. I'm sure most of us expected there to be an open ending, and in the end nothing was really accomplished at any aspect. I was expecting Shimako to have more of a villainous appeal, but I suppose she was just another tool in Otome's grand keikaku. As far as this episode goes, 2/5.
It's a shame that out of 12 episodes, only 5 had any relevant or consistent plot. Though, to be fair, this show never really had a chance. It was obvious that it would be ridden with plot-holes, repetition, and terrible inconsistencies, but many characters were also very unlikable. It was a train-wreck from the start, and it couldn't have been ended conclusively. It might actually have been better if things were completely random from the start and scraped the plot altogether. Anyone who watched this series to the end deserve a medal, and if you liked it, even more so. Maybe something along the lines of "I survived Mayoi Neko Overrun! Apr 6, 2010 - Jun 22, 2010." Series get's a 1/10 from me, unwatchable.
Wow dude you should get a medal for either bravery or stupidity.. Why would you watch till the end a series you rate 1/10?

The only highlight of this episode for me was the last frame, with the sunburnt maids. XD
Jul 12, 2010 8:48 AM

Oct 2009
2 words: fecking boring.
the end of the other episode was so well done (I know not everybody agrees with me on that though) and then this...
I went from :D to :'( and not because this episode was so very touching. This was the worst attempt of letting a random anime end touching (read cheesy),
if an anime is not meant to have a beautiful story than don't try to end it beatifully.
Bleh.
1 out of 5
Jul 12, 2010 7:33 PM

Jun 2009
Ieyasu teasing his opposing group then got stepped on wahhaah

Like how Nozomi said the BLOOTS
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Jul 22, 2010 3:01 AM

May 2009
I found it strange that the binoculars had crosshairs.

Latest Review
Kino's Journey
Aug 16, 2010 8:08 AM

May 2009
AlphaEnd said:
I found it strange that the binoculars had crosshairs.

Lol, it looks more like a riflescope.
Oct 14, 2010 1:36 PM

Aug 2008
I lol-ed hard when Nozomi appeared with her 'bloots'/'blights' whatever.
Oct 31, 2010 10:23 PM

Mar 2010
Dahhhhhhh~ I don't know what to say concerning this series. It was just.. so.. random. (_^_) .. *Upside down* <--- See! Random! But, honestly this series could have been turned into something so much better. I enjoyed the little bit of dramatic build up in this episode especially, but they went and killed it in a matter of minutes. So sad to say, but im not looking forward to the next episode. :(
Jan 8, 2011 5:14 PM

Jul 2010
lol so today is a one piece parody?
and nozomi FTW!!

May 12, 2011 11:08 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah, this series isn't a masterpiece or anything, but I got a few laughs out of it, so 7/10 feels right.
Apr 5, 2012 6:47 AM

May 2011
It was nice to see Nozomi's resolve.
Jun 29, 2012 12:25 AM
Apr 2012
I truly dont know what to say bout this series, had some interesting episodes and funny moments, but altogether a big mess lol.
Mar 24, 2013 7:54 PM

Jun 2012
With all the content they had to animate, why did they resort to fillers?

Ruined the great potential they had.

6/10
May 28, 2013 11:31 PM

Jun 2012
Was not disappointed by the ending... but that's because I wasn't expecting much. Honestly, that series was a mess. It went from a series with a storyline, got rid of the line, then scrapped the whole story. The middle was too random to me. I laught to some of the joke, it made me smile. However, when I really think about the series as a whole, there was something wrong with it (I think what's wrong was pointed out before xD).

5/10
TynkerJun 1, 2013 12:14 PM
Dec 8, 2013 5:54 AM

Oct 2013
Despite the randomness through the whole episodes, i found this show watchable, in fact i really enjoyed it, i like how the put some references from other anime like one piece and code geass in the "sport festival" scene.
Nice character Development and i can't get enough of Fumino and Nozomi, they're cute, in the end both Fumino and Nozomi plus Chise fell in love with Takumi, but i ship Takumi x Fumino, great series nice artworks, will be missed of course, it'd be great if there's a second season but i don't think it's possible, anyways if you love Tsundere then this anime is right for you but don't hope too much from it.

Overall score 7/10, would give it 9/10 if Takumi ended up with any of the girl, preferably Fumino. *cheers*
Dec 20, 2013 5:13 PM

May 2013
The girl that cant be honest with her feelings tells the girl who didn't have a personality till this episode to be honest with her feelings... THIS SHOW IS STUPID. I'm actually mad that something so boring exists.
Apr 30, 2014 8:00 PM

May 2012
Another nice episode but the episodes are getting a bit less good imo either way let's see what the last episode has to offer us!
Dec 7, 2015 6:09 AM

Apr 2009
Wait.. Wait... The End already?

6/10
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 18, 2016 5:23 PM
Dec 2014
It was enjoyable for me, yeh sure the fillers were really random with each episode having a different director but still I enjoyed the anime.

And why the hell would you watch the entire season of a anime you hate? Are you a M? Do you enjoy torturing/hating yourself? Instead of saying how bad it was, you could've just stopped watching it and moved on.
Oct 11, 2016 8:59 PM

Dec 2014
well surprizing all things got settled very gently... though Nozomi declaration of her love was un expected... I would be ok if she ends up with the MC
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - May 4, 2010

89 by Dywei »»
Jan 27, 7:59 AM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

francismeunier - Apr 20, 2010

90 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:26 PM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Jun 15, 2010

82 by antoninus_v »»
Aug 3, 2023 6:26 PM

» Where can i watch this

Probs - Aug 13, 2022

2 by MailPerson »»
Aug 13, 2022 10:37 PM

Poll: » Mayoi Neko Overrun! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

cr4sian_phil - May 18, 2010

198 by INVICTVS »»
Jul 15, 2022 1:03 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.