Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 22, 2010 8:50 AM

Jul 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
How can that guy see entry cards from so far away?! For all he knows, it could be a monster card or something ...
LOL Pegasus your cut and shuffling ... *tap* XD
Uh, since when could you set monster cards in defense mode FACE UP?! You can't do that, can you?
Pegasus' mind reading is awesome. So is (Yami) Bakura. Seriously
I have that Dragon Egg (what's it called in English again?) IRL! LOL XD
Next episode: Yami Bakura comes out?! Toon World again?! Sounds good!
Dec 4, 2011 8:39 AM

Jul 2010
EvianBubble said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
How can that guy see entry cards from so far away?! For all he knows, it could be a monster card or something ...
LOL Pegasus your cut and shuffling ... *tap* XD
Uh, since when could you set monster cards in defense mode FACE UP?! You can't do that, can you?
Pegasus' mind reading is awesome. So is (Yami) Bakura. Seriously
I have that Dragon Egg (what's it called in English again?) IRL! LOL XD
Next episode: Yami Bakura comes out?! Toon World again?! Sounds good!

If I recall correctly: the ways of using a monster card are:

1. Normal Attack Summon: Put a card vertically face-up (Attack Mode). Can be summoned once per turn. Cannot enter Battle Phase on the very first turn.
2. Normal Defense Summon. Face-up sideways Defense Position. Once per turn. (Not-so popular action to do (but possible), since you probably want your opponent to not know the monster's DEF values (Set). Since in the anime Maximilian Pegasus invented the modern card game, he set the rules, but in this episode's situation that may be was just a show-off about the mind-reading powers of the Millennium Eye - he wanted Yugi to know his "defense")
3. Set. Put a monster in face down sideways defense position. Once per turn.
4. Flip Summon. Flip a face-down Set defense monster to Attack position. Cannot Flip Summon on same turn the same monster was Set (exception is: if a card effect requires to do that in Main Phase 2).
5. Special Summon: These are Fusion, Ritual, Synchro, Xyz monsters.
6. Special Summon with a card's Effect either from Main Deck or Graveyard. Fusion/Ritual/Xyz/Synchro monsters cannot be summoned with a card's effect, if not properly special-summoned previously first (in other words: cannot call a monster from the Extra Deck with a card's effect, if they are weren't used previously, but can use e.g. Monster Reborn to summon any monster that was used previously from the graveyard, but cannot use it to reborn a special-summon monster if it was just tributed to the graveyard from the extra deck instead of being special-summoned first).
arseny92Dec 4, 2011 8:44 AM
Oct 21, 2014 1:13 AM

Jul 2012
I like how pegasus shuffle yugi's card with one touch (lol) so confident...

Dec 28, 2014 9:36 PM

Jan 2013
"It's almost as if he knew what Yugi had played"
Come on guys, you knew this 30 episodes ago.
Aug 29, 2016 8:31 PM

Aug 2013
And so the famed duel begins at last.
Apr 28, 2017 7:51 PM

May 2012
Oh boy, I really wonder how Yugi will actually win this one... doesn't really look all too good for him!
Feb 9, 2020 5:42 PM

Nov 2017
Honda definitely has some cojones searching for and saving Mokuba.

Now that the duel between Pegasus and Yuugi has started, the former wastes no time using his mind scan. I agree with what all the other characters said. How is someone supposed to beat him if he can read your mind and know all the cards in your hand?

Yuugi's definitely in a pickle. Or since this is the card game, should I say, a... Trap Hole? But yeah, he's definitely gotta find a way to put the game in his favour
Apr 1, 2022 5:20 PM

Nov 2010
The only way for Yuugi to win is if Pegasus can only draw bad hands from here on out. It won't matter if he can read minds if he has no card to defend against it.

More topics from this board

» Favorite "Duel Monsters" saga? And why?

Matthappy - Mar 26

16 by Matthappy »»
Apr 6, 12:37 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 32 Discussion

Frezlaj - Jan 31, 2014

13 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 1:59 PM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 29 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

7 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 11:03 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 27 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 21, 2010

10 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 8:41 AM

Poll: » Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters Episode 24 Discussion

EvianBubble - Jun 20, 2010

19 by ohnaur »»
Apr 1, 2:13 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.