Forum Settings
Forums

Your favorite, most loved anime, that I didn't watch !

New
Jun 20, 2010 12:58 PM

Dec 2009
Well it's simple, like the title says, hit me with your favorite/most loved/best anime, that loved so much you wish you could erase your memory so that you could see it all over again.
Only requirements i have, is a simple "WHY?" "what makes IT better than the rest ?", maybe explaining a bit the plot without going to deep and spoiling anything big.

- It can be any genre
- Can be sad/ depressing or funny/ hilarious or just plain serious
( Don't worry you shy ones out there !! Just hit me with anything. I won't criticize your taste :p, seeing as you are helping me )

I really want to discover some new great anime out there, maybe i can find some great gems that are lowly ranked and unpopular but deserve more :O.

http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kelfounet
Jun 20, 2010 1:01 PM

Oct 2009
Serial Experiments Lain go watch it NOW!!! and Kara no Kyoukai too
BleakBurstJun 20, 2010 5:03 PM
Jun 20, 2010 1:31 PM

Mar 2010
Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance, simply cause it's the new masterpiece reference.
Just watch Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone before.

Jun 20, 2010 1:47 PM

Apr 2009
Hetalia Axis Powers - stereotypes done right. (Don't watch if you're offended easily by your country's/nationality's stereotype)
Lucky Star - anime references all over (hit-or-miss anime)
"If you feed me, Seymour, I can grow up big and strong!"
Jun 20, 2010 2:45 PM
May 2010
Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu - The only anime to make me cry from laughing
I see you're watching FMP already. Add Fumoffu now! :P
(」・ω・)」うー!(/・ω・)/にゃー!
Jun 20, 2010 2:51 PM

Jun 2009
Detective Conan
Jun 20, 2010 3:14 PM

Jun 2010
Kara no Kyoukai (all of them)
also gona have to second Serial Experiments Lain and Lucky Star.

It won't give up it wants me dead god damn this noise inside my head
Jun 20, 2010 3:35 PM

Oct 2009
Yakitate japan , it s a very funny anime about making bread and it's really original/funny.
Jun 20, 2010 3:38 PM

Jun 2009
Innocent Venus
Uta Kata ---It starts kind of silly but it has a nice serious plot

Where there is no imagination there is no horror. || Arthur Conan Doyle || Happy Halloween!
Jun 21, 2010 12:32 AM

Feb 2008
asura cryin
baldr force exe resolution
kimi ga nozomu eien
Jun 21, 2010 10:04 PM

Dec 2009
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - Best OVA I've ever seen hands down. Has action and a good story.

Blue Gender - I consider this to be a hidden gem. It is mature, dark, and amazing. If you do want a hidden gem then check Blue Gender out.
Jun 21, 2010 10:20 PM

Sep 2008
Anime that is a must for any fans to have in their collections:

-Samurai Deeper Kyo
-Basilisk
-Chrno Crusade
-Cross Game
-Fruits Basket(surprised you haven' seen this one)
-Ichigo 100% OVA and TV series(hit or miss)
-Inukami!(hit or miss)
-Lovely Complex
-Mobile Suit Gundam Seed & Destiny
-School Rumble(all seasons)

Reasons: for most of these I've listed without giving a spoiler, "just because"

...anyways, happy watching
Jun 21, 2010 10:45 PM

Jun 2009
You love after story and Origination, then you must love...

Cross Game ^_^

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 21, 2010 10:47 PM

Apr 2008
obliviouz said:
Anime that is a must for any fans to have in their collections:
-Ichigo 100% OVA and TV series(hit or miss)

ew. opinions are opinions, but. ew.

5cm/s

Jun 21, 2010 10:51 PM

Feb 2009
Right now, I'm watching a series called "Hatsukoi Limited" that I am finding deepl enjoyable. It's basically a series showing a few of the main girl characters dealing with their first loves and such... I'm on Episode 8 out of 12 and have to say, it is exceeding my expectations by a lot. Very pretty art, likeable characters and overall, just very sweet.
Jun 21, 2010 10:56 PM

Dec 2009
Torbear said:
Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen - Best OVA I've ever seen hands down. Has action and a good story.

This, and Texhnolyze. It's quite depressing as fatalism is one of the themes,and it progresses slowly at first but it's excellent for it's symbolism, soundtrack, and animation.
Jun 21, 2010 11:12 PM

Jul 2009
Monster
"Tenma must clear his name, find out more about the boy he saved in the past, and reevaluate what the value of life is," (From the anime description). I believe Monster is one of the most well-written anime ever created. It is so good I find it hard to persuade people to watch it!

Kaiba
Memories are stored in little cone-shaped chips, so buying bodies and better memories is possible. Kaiba explores this theme very well, in a visually stunning way.
I believe the opening narration to Kaiba explains the basic plot, and coupled with the actual OP you can really understand the style this show is

I thought every episode was interesting and I think you should give it a try.

Now for other things I really liked:

Kuuchuu Buranko aka Trapeze
IRASSHAI~

The PV which has no subs kinda gives you a hint as to what it'll be like. The OP is just great <3
Every episode Dr. Irabu helps cure a psychiatric patient, in his own way. Characters are often vaguely interconnected or seen in the background, so it isn't so disconnected either.

Akagi & Kaiji
I put these together because the manga they are based off is from the same author. You've seen One Outs, and it is kind of similar to that (but no baseball). Basically, you can think of them as:
Akagi: a winner
Kaiji: a loser
So depending on what you want (to see the struggles of a loser or the thought process of a winner) you can watch either or, but I suggest trying them both. They are slow-paced but intense.

You can kind of see the difference between them from the OPs. Kaiji is a dead beat delinquent and Akagi is a calm, cool delinquent.

Oofuri
Sports anime about baseball (I don't watch real baseball but still enjoyed this). It is about friendship, sportsmanship and.. team-ship? Well, it is cute and they try hard!

(Why not post an OP :>)
edit: Though because you're not a chick you might not find them moe, I still love this show and thought it was really fun. It isn't gay, btw.

hmm.. and why not watch Paprika?
I suggest watching it blu-ray!! It's a pretty interesting movie, I liked it. It's about dreams mixing with reality. :)

This is a cool OP btw :>
ESSWHYJun 21, 2010 11:17 PM