Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Poll: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 62 Discussion

Jun 23, 2010 3:16 AM

alexcampos said:
Before FMA brotherhood began, the first FMA had a score of 8.70 - 8.72 I can't remember how high it was, but at least it was 8.70.

Now it's down to 8.66, add to the fact that OVER 76,000 MAL members have given their scores, TRUST ME, people have noticed that the first FMA was NOT as good as they thought it was.

UPDATE: it's now at 8.65 (I wonder why?)

What makes me wonder though is why would people drop their ratings of the original FMA if they could just give Brotherhood one point higher ._.

Though fanboys who have given it a 10 are a whole different story.

Jun 23, 2010 3:35 AM

^giving a 10 doesn't make someone a fan boy
but i do agree wit you , i don't see a point in reducing the score of an anime series just because you've seen a remake which has turned out to be better . Don't forget the two series are completely different from each other :)

Its like reducing the score for one piece , after watchin naruto . I'm not comparing the series . But thats how it is . .
(where one piece =/fma 1 , and naruto =/fma brotherhood)

@Anonimus . . Yes , it is the 4th ending :)
Modified by lafuria_sux, Jun 23, 2010 6:00 AM

Jun 23, 2010 5:38 AM

cardinal4 said:

Still the pacing is not too bad. If Shunkan was still the ending song, it'd think this episode would have ended on a more epic note. =D

Shunkan is the 4th ending right?

Jun 23, 2010 7:21 AM

epicness! 5/5 for me

Jun 23, 2010 11:05 AM
Dayumm. I wonder what will happen to Al.

I didn't like the cheering part. Everyone was already attacking Father and now they're just going to cheer for Ed to do it?

Jun 23, 2010 11:13 AM

Wheres my Eclipse subs >_>

Jun 23, 2010 12:25 PM

awesome episode with a great fight ^-^
i can't wait for the next one !!!!!!!!!!!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jun 23, 2010 1:44 PM

firefistace01 said:
Wheres my Eclipse subs >_>

Eclipse sucks. Watch it raw like all the cool people.

Jun 23, 2010 2:04 PM

I've posted a link for tmd (xvid)version in an earlier post .
And read the previous posts to know why there has been a delay wit eclipse's release this time around

Jun 23, 2010 2:14 PM

yeah eclipse sucks now.. the tranlator's gone somewhere...

anyway had multiple orgasms.. tnx.
epic episode

Jun 23, 2010 3:46 PM

awesome episode, still got goosebumps

Jun 23, 2010 7:24 PM

really, really fucking good episode!! That last scene when Ed kicked the hell out of the Father...What a great thing to watch.... Awesome, full of emotion,I actually screamed for Ed to kick is ass with all the power he had left! The only not so good thing is,I think that last punch should be with his brand new arm, it would have a different meaning...

and, how is Al going to return?

Jun 23, 2010 7:51 PM

Eclipse's still not released it, but at least it's still "wednesday night". Seems like they're finally working on it, otherwise it would have been postponed again, right?

And no, Eclipse doesn't suck, they are just having some inconveniences...
Every group has them once in a while, so stop kicking eclipse ;)
if you're impatient, watch the raws or TMD, both are good.
I don't really like the style/word-choices of TMD's releases, though, rewatching it with eclipse.

Those who haven't seen it already:

Be happy, the next episode's already in sight, weekend's coming, so you won't hang on such a cliff for all too long!

Jun 23, 2010 10:10 PM

I've been waiting for this moment when Ed punches the crap out of Father. IT'S SOOOOOOOOO GOOD. Seriously, this has to be the best shounen adapted anime EVER (I feel like I'm betraying D.gray man). I'm not bashing on the first but it was after watching the first which made me read the manga. OMG 2 more episodes and this saga will be closed forever !__!

Jun 24, 2010 12:31 AM

^I JUST HOPE WE GET MORE CANON FMA IN THE FUTURE . I really do :(
there are a few ova's which are releasing wit the dvd volumes , not to forget the omakes as well . . But its just not the same thing :(

EPISODE 63 , EXTENDED PREVIEW
Modified by lafuria_sux, Jun 24, 2010 12:40 AM

Jun 24, 2010 4:03 AM

Shouldnt Ed's right arm have atrophied and be weakened all these years? Much like Al's body...you know? Yet he uses it to punch the everlasting crap out of father... i mean what the hell man. And how did everyone convinently landed on the placed they landed which was rly close to father. Shouldnt they scatter into tiny pieces a few thousand meters away after such an explosion?

I know supsension of disbelief is required sometimes, especially in shounen but i liked FMAS realism. Anyway, overall great episode :)

Jun 24, 2010 6:24 AM
Eclipse's really taking its time this time.

Jun 24, 2010 6:40 AM

Nagashi said:
Shouldnt Ed's right arm have atrophied and be weakened all these years? Much like Al's body...you know? Yet he uses it to punch the everlasting crap out of father... i mean what the hell man.
His right arm is atrophied like Al's body, but he only used it to yank that steel rod out from his left arm and perfom transmutations. All actual punching and throwing he still did with his fit left arm.

Divine_Judgement said:
Eclipse's really taking its time this time.

Their TL moved into Tokyo, and apparently got lost there :P

Jun 24, 2010 7:05 AM

...postponed again....

Eclipse said:
TL lost in Tokyo, sending the goons after him ^_^; |

Jun 24, 2010 7:42 AM

Seriously , eclipse's release is just too late this time around . . Its frustrating . .

Jun 24, 2010 7:58 AM

I literally teared up in the end of this episode, so heart-touching :(
5/5
(I watched TMD-Raze)
Modified by Silgrond, Jun 24, 2010 8:09 AM

Jun 24, 2010 9:27 AM

oh. my. god. The last part was probably the most awesome thing I have ever seen up to date... I am left utterly speechless...
Pantyshots are a different matter entirely

Jun 24, 2010 9:55 AM
Lahis said:
Nagashi said:
Shouldnt Ed's right arm have atrophied and be weakened all these years? Much like Al's body...you know? Yet he uses it to punch the everlasting crap out of father... i mean what the hell man.
His right arm is atrophied like Al's body, but he only used it to yank that steel rod out from his left arm and perfom transmutations. All actual punching and throwing he still did with his fit left arm.

I was under the impression that, since his whole body wasn't taken, his limbs (leg and arm) are still "attached" to his body, so to speak, so they don't atrophy in the same way Al's body did.

Jun 24, 2010 10:15 AM
Im still kinda confused. So al killed himself/his soul, and went back to his body in trade for fullmetals limbs ? But isn't that a good thing, if he has his body back. Although I guess fullmetal needs to human transmute again? Idk w/e.

And nice episode, the animation was awesome in the end. I found it kinda weird only fma was attacking and not mustang/etc, everyone could still stand so you can damn sure throw a punch lol. But its anime so w/e, and awesome episode.

Can't wait for 63

Jun 24, 2010 10:29 AM

ChainsawAsh said:
Lahis said:
Nagashi said:

I was under the impression that, since his whole body wasn't taken, his limbs (leg and arm) are still "attached" to his body, so to speak, so they don't atrophy in the same way Al's body did.

Yep, I guess that's exactly the case.
They were seperated, but still kinda... 'worn' by Truth.
Also, the Nails were longer, so it did really not just freeze, but rather... degraded slowlier than Al's body.

Ah, btw, can somebody please assure me that he only got his ARM back, his Leg's still gone?
It was only the arm that got paid to affix Al's soul to the armor, so it wouldn't be correct if they gave him also his leg; Automail didn't break anyway

Jun 24, 2010 11:55 AM

I'm sure ed hasn't received his leg . . (i've read the manga :) ) so i know what happens

Jun 24, 2010 11:58 AM
Ed only got his arm back, since that's what he sacrificed to bond Al's soul to the armor. His leg is still automail, as he sacrificed that in trying to get his mother back, not saving Al.
Modified by ChainsawAsh, Jun 24, 2010 2:07 PM

Jun 24, 2010 2:18 PM
i just watched funi's release (since eclipse is so late) was an awesome episode. i just laughed so much when ed kicked the crap out of father it was such an awesome scene.

Jun 24, 2010 9:29 PM

DarkChaplain said:
ChainsawAsh said:
Lahis said:
Nagashi said:

Yep, I guess that's exactly the case.
They were seperated, but still kinda... 'worn' by Truth.
Also, the Nails were longer, so it did really not just freeze, but rather... degraded slowlier than Al's body.

Ah, btw, can somebody please assure me that he only got his ARM back, his Leg's still gone?
It was only the arm that got paid to affix Al's soul to the armor, so it wouldn't be correct if they gave him also his leg; Automail didn't break anyway

yes he only got his arm back....did you notice the shrapnel in ed's arm/shoulder? it looked ba lol xD

Jun 24, 2010 9:35 PM

Oh man, amazing episode. I'm kicking myself for having waited so long to watch it. The last two episodes should be good, too. I'm getting really excited for the end, though I guess I'm kind of sad, too. XD

suigetsu00 said:
yes he only got his arm back....did you notice the shrapnel in ed's arm/shoulder? it looked ba lol xD

I wondered if I was the only one who noticed the shrapnel... I bet that will be a pain for him to get removed later, or it'll only end up hurting him more...

Jun 24, 2010 9:47 PM

KonekoAnni said:
Oh man, amazing episode. I'm kicking myself for having waited so long to watch it. The last two episodes should be good, too. I'm getting really excited for the end, though I guess I'm kind of sad, too. XD

suigetsu00 said:

I wondered if I was the only one who noticed the shrapnel... I bet that will be a pain for him to get removed later, or it'll only end up hurting him more...

lol yeah never noticed it in the manga til someone mentioned it

Jun 24, 2010 11:53 PM

This was a great episode. And omg they were SO FFFUUUUUUUUUU- GAR!!!!
Hagane no, Al, Mustang!!! GAR!
Loved that punch Ed landed on the bad guy!!! GAR!!!
Completely epic stuff.

Jun 25, 2010 4:39 AM

@suigetsu00 , ed has gone thru so much pain already , it would be a piece of cake to get that shrapnel removed from his arm...ahahahahah

Jun 25, 2010 9:21 AM

Ok episode. I hate that all of a sudden, mostly useless Ed is being cheered on by not dead alchemists who can help with disposing of Father. And Al's reveal of not being a character, but a lame plot device becomes explicit. This is turning out to be quite a ho-hum ending. it's been a year since I re-watched the first FMA, but I think I liked that ending better.
Modified by noteDhero, Jun 25, 2010 9:30 AM

Jun 25, 2010 11:30 AM

ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! T_T

Jun 25, 2010 12:33 PM

noteDhero said:
Ok episode. I hate that all of a sudden, mostly useless Ed is being cheered on by not dead alchemists who can help with disposing of Father. And Al's reveal of not being a character, but a lame plot device becomes explicit. This is turning out to be quite a ho-hum ending. it's been a year since I re-watched the first FMA, but I think I liked that ending better.

you seriously despise the characters of this show , don't ya .
Dunno how many times they redeem themselves , you just don't care to change your opinion . Wow . Don't wanna argue wit you though . Its your opinion , and this one's mine .

Just watched this episode on animax , and was shocked to see these guys censor so much . For example
1. Ed taking out the nail , from his left arm = the whole sequence was removed
2. Ed throwing that spear at Homunculus , and the following sequence as well .

Jun 25, 2010 4:23 PM

About time Eclipse released the ep!:p
It was definitely worth the wait, this is the best episode so far!

Jun 25, 2010 5:10 PM

silent_killer said:

you seriously despise the characters of this show , don't ya .
Dunno how many times they redeem themselves , you just don't care to change your opinion . Wow . Don't wanna argue wit you though . Its your opinion , and this one's mine .

Actually, the only character I despise in this show is Ed. I like Al, but hate that he wasn't used. I liked Olivier, but was shocked at how useless she became, while remaining stubborn. I like Mustang, but I didn't like what was done to him lately, with this episode being a flash of what I liked about him. I never cared one way or the other for most of the other characters, as they serve their purposes without being especially interesting (Ling, Scar, Hoenheim, Izumi, Greed, Ling's female servant, Alex, etc.).

May has redeemed herself, and as far as I'm concerned, she's the MVP of this whole debacle. That doesn't mean that I like her, I'm just back to being indifferent. Who else has redeemed themselves? I suppose Hoenheim, but I don't really count that. Scar? Eh, like I said, he's played his part, but I just don't care.

Jun 25, 2010 6:10 PM

Tamako said:
About time Eclipse released the ep!:p
It was definitely worth the wait, this is the best episode so far!
Yeah, I'm surprised I held out so long, I was pretty fine without it though. I sorta just want it all to end.

Jun 25, 2010 6:42 PM

Can I give this series an 11/10 now? This episode was soooooo epic. :D
Blergh.

Jun 25, 2010 6:53 PM

noteDhero said:
I hate that all of a sudden, mostly useless Ed is being cheered on by not dead alchemists who can help with disposing of Father.

Yeah, this part confused me. Everyone's ganging up on Father and suddenly now that Ed has his arm back, they're just going to cheer him on? Why didn't they continue fighting against Father and why would they leave it up to Ed? It seems weird to me.

Jun 25, 2010 7:15 PM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Very very satisfying, though one scene near the end where Ed and Father was both aiming to punch each other in the face was animated terribly D:

Other than that, I have no complaints!!!

I love where this is going and I'm hoping I'll like the ending! *crosses fingers*

Jun 25, 2010 7:23 PM

Ok this episode can only be described in one word. Epic.

I wanna see how this all plays out. However, I do agree that everyone all of a sudden just cheering Ed on was kinda...ridiculous? Made no sense :/

But still, epic.

Jun 25, 2010 8:40 PM
chelsums63 said:
noteDhero said:
I hate that all of a sudden, mostly useless Ed is being cheered on by not dead alchemists who can help with disposing of Father.

Yeah, this part confused me. Everyone's ganging up on Father and suddenly now that Ed has his arm back, they're just going to cheer him on? Why didn't they continue fighting against Father and why would they leave it up to Ed? It seems weird to me.

Exactly. Plus why couldn't they to do something as father was lumbering towards ed?
Granted they were injured and stuff but they looked healthy enough the way they were cheering seconds later. Especially the soldiers, couldn't they have tried shooting father?

And the thing that has been bugging me most - if Al could use alchemy to sacrifice himself, why didnt he use it to like do some long range attack on father as he was approaching ed? Father would have been easily owned by any attack considering the state that he was in. It kinda frustrates me that he chose such a dramatic way when all other options were possible. And all al had to do was to clap his hand?

tbh im not exactly liking the way brotherhood is ending. Feels like the series couldn't live up to its epic potential at the beginning and became a typical shounen fight fest with somewhat deux ex machina conclusions (especially pride's death. Whats with that seriously?) and irrational decision making by characters that comes to me as perplexing. Maybe i was expecting too much out of the ending given epic setup which seemed to promise a less than typical series.
Modified by lazybum, Jun 25, 2010 8:55 PM

Jun 25, 2010 8:47 PM

noteDhero said:

If it wasn't for your love for oofuri, I think I might've thrown a brick at you dude! :(

I teared up (again) when Al made his decision of getting Ed's arm back. Although I'll have to say that the impact was much stronger in the manga. Most likely because for the anime I expected it - for the manga I didn't see it coming at all. D: I felt pure sadness when I finished that chapter!!

Next two episodes covers the last chapter. I wonder how this is going to play out. Are they going to add more in the anime?

I'm too lazy to make any sort of decent comments since there's already 10 pages of posts XD

Jun 25, 2010 10:05 PM

lazybum said:
chelsums63 said:
noteDhero said:

And the thing that has been bugging me most - if Al could use alchemy to sacrifice himself, why didnt he use it to like do some long range attack on father as he was approaching ed? Father would have been easily owned by any attack considering the state that he was in. It kinda frustrates me that he chose such a dramatic way when all other options were possible. And all al had to do was to clap his hand?

al only had one move left....his seal was about to crack, so he chose to give ed his arm back which i think was the best decision

Jun 25, 2010 10:08 PM
lazybum said:
chelsums63 said:
noteDhero said:

Exactly. Plus why couldn't they to do something as father was lumbering towards ed?
Granted they were injured and stuff but they looked healthy enough the way they were cheering seconds later. Especially the soldiers, couldn't they have tried shooting father?

tbh im not exactly liking the way brotherhood is ending. Feels like the series couldn't live up to its epic potential at the beginning and became a typical shounen fight fest with somewhat deux ex machina conclusions (especially pride's death. Whats with that seriously?) and irrational decision making by characters that comes to me as perplexing. Maybe i was expecting too much out of the ending given epic setup which seemed to promise a less than typical series.

seems they "ran out of ammo" (got lazy and wanted a good old brawl which are in all great final battles in shonen anime like in TTGL:Lagann-hen)

sweet episode the firing off off mortars and mgs was amazing followed up by alchemy

True or False
Anime + Manga = Chuck Norris / Chuck Norris

Jun 25, 2010 11:18 PM

I can't express nor say how much I love this anime, I am going to be sad when it ends. I mean it is rare to find a story that balanced everything so well.

Usually I would say how is that fair all of them ganging on one person but I'll make an exception for Father the guy is awesomely frightening. I think that what happened when you bite more than you chew.

Simply awesome

Jun 26, 2010 12:19 AM

Who says that anger doesn't solve anything?

ANOTHER DAMN F**KING KICK ASSING BAD ASSING EPISODE!!! WOOT!! *looks at my arm* Damn, Goosebumps

Jun 26, 2010 1:05 AM

Overhelming episode, I loved it. ~

Pages (6) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »