Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (19) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2018 2:05 PM

Sep 2014
Piegoose said:
Comander-07 said:

The notebook copying was definitely deus ex machina bs, I didn't buy it but I enjoyed the episode around it and the character development. My head-canon to live with that moment is that Mikami was hard at work checking the fake notebook, so he wasn't as thorough with checking the real notebook since he wasn't in contact with it, so the SPK could get away with a bit sloppy job. Imo I'd rather have Kira be settled with on human terms like anime though than just put an end to anonymously by shinigami king.

Idk bout you but heart attack happens to be one of the most terrifying ways to die for me lol, so if I was Light and knew I was going to die by Ryuk, I'd beg for a cause of death to be written.

For me I was as interested in Light as the battle, mostly because there was so much artificial manipulation going on around it. But after that ended, the show could've been interesting in different ways, like how I was saying Light vs governments would've been cool. I don't think it's a case of length as to why it's a mess. It could've been longer with a different plot and I'd have enjoyed it more. It's a good length though, I just think the author should've been a bit more original after L died instead of just copying his character with a inferior version. Mello was a bit interesting, but I never was comfortable with a teen heading the underworld, especially one as emotional as him. I'd like the unofficial L vs Light ending if I didn't love the ending so much, besides the convoluted nature of it.
It was already Light vs the government though, just that having more people involved makes it easier to get infiltrated, so they used small teams.

The problem with having not so shitty L replacements would be downgrading both L and Light by making them not special anymore. If you can find smart people at every corner they loose their charm.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Oct 27, 2018 10:53 PM

Feb 2013
Comander-07 said:
It was already Light vs the government though, just that having more people involved makes it easier to get infiltrated, so they used small teams.

The problem with having not so shitty L replacements would be downgrading both L and Light by making them not special anymore. If you can find smart people at every corner they loose their charm.

The only real team after them though was the tiny piece of the SPK. And while some govts formally backed down, that is just a formality to protect the leaders and those out in the open. The secret agencies of countries would be after Kira since every government is involved in crime of some sort and would have the motive to stop him. The show went into it briefly, but it could've become a lot more interesting with maybe Light anonymously assigning secret police types who follow his orders, etc.

I think L could've remained special as remaining Light's greatest rival, and I think the dynamic of his followers making the mistake that brings him down would be a good thing to keep. L wasn't an average smart guy, not many would setup that starting scenario like he thought out. How he conceptualized Kira as a individual with a power is a pretty strange conclusion to come to, more than smart.
Oct 28, 2018 4:45 PM

Sep 2014
Piegoose said:
Comander-07 said:

The only real team after them though was the tiny piece of the SPK. And while some govts formally backed down, that is just a formality to protect the leaders and those out in the open. The secret agencies of countries would be after Kira since every government is involved in crime of some sort and would have the motive to stop him. The show went into it briefly, but it could've become a lot more interesting with maybe Light anonymously assigning secret police types who follow his orders, etc.

I think L could've remained special as remaining Light's greatest rival, and I think the dynamic of his followers making the mistake that brings him down would be a good thing to keep. L wasn't an average smart guy, not many would setup that starting scenario like he thought out. How he conceptualized Kira as a individual with a power is a pretty strange conclusion to come to, more than smart.
after L was defeated they kinda gave up. Certainly not everyone was investigating him because like I said this would make it too easy for Kira to infiltrate them. That is why only a small team can do it

Have you misunderstood what I wrote? I did not say L was not special, I said he would be not special if they would have a dozen replacements to stretch the plot long
Oct 29, 2018 3:20 PM

Feb 2013
Comander-07 said:
after L was defeated they kinda gave up. Certainly not everyone was investigating him because like I said this would make it too easy for Kira to infiltrate them. That is why only a small team can do it

Have you misunderstood what I wrote? I did not say L was not special, I said he would be not special if they would have a dozen replacements to stretch the plot long

Well I don't think my scenario would play out as a Light vs a single person situation like with L, so it wouldn't be a "replacement". I'm saying if there was a section of american intelligence that was willing to go after Kira, there'd be from numerous other countries, and in separate efforts it'd become a much more complex scenario through the number of parties involved, which is what would be interesting to watch and see how Light deals with it.
Oct 30, 2018 3:04 PM

Sep 2014
Piegoose said:
Comander-07 said:

Well I don't think my scenario would play out as a Light vs a single person situation like with L, so it wouldn't be a "replacement". I'm saying if there was a section of american intelligence that was willing to go after Kira, there'd be from numerous other countries, and in separate efforts it'd become a much more complex scenario through the number of parties involved, which is what would be interesting to watch and see how Light deals with it.

Well, kinda, but thats exactly the kind of dragging on I dont fancy.

They had a part of american intelligence going after him, all countries would work individually since others cant be trusted = literally what happened, just that we never saw anyone else. And even with more parties involved, you need atleast some smart people.
Oct 30, 2018 3:44 PM

Feb 2013
Comander-07 said:
= literally what happened, just that we never saw anyone else. And even with more parties involved, you need atleast some smart people.

In real intelligence I imagine it's less centralized like L's team and more a collaborative effort. And if they didn't show anything outside US effort, it mineaswell have been nothing. I'm saying they could've shown that, made more complex/interesting situations, and rely less on "replacements" like Mello and Near, scrapping them entirely. That'd be my ideal Death Note
Nov 6, 2018 1:31 PM

Sep 2016
Just so there is no more 666 replies.
Nov 6, 2018 2:27 PM

Feb 2013
RedSkittleFox said:

666 post is no more fitting than in Death Note 37 thread
Nov 7, 2018 8:47 AM

Sep 2016
Piegoose said:
RedSkittleFox said:

666 post is no more fitting than in Death Note 37 thread

Indeen, also this was a very nice episode.
Nov 12, 2018 11:13 PM

Sep 2018
THE BEST ANIME OF ALL TIME!!!
without being biased, this is the best! so hard to watch Light cry, i like him being smart but making judgment in your hands is really wrong. "The ends justify the means.

Nov 21, 2018 6:37 PM

Sep 2011
Rewatched the whole series and it seems I kinda understand why many people dislike the 2nd half. It doesn't mean I also dislike the 2nd half but there are lots of convenient assumptions, especially Near. There were convenient assumptions on the 1st half too but the 2nd half is more noticeable.

Also, I guess the reason why Light lost is because he stops relying to Misa more and trusts other people instead when Misa is only what he obviously needs. You see that he lost because Mikami usually does something on his own and usually goes ahead on Light's plans. If it's Misa, pretty sure she'll just follow any orders, particularly be an obedient dog, wait for orders, and don't do something on your own. Heck, I thought this was one the messages of the story. I still applaud for Light trying to stay Misa away from further danger(Although most likely he didn't mean to).

Nov 27, 2018 9:13 PM

Jul 2015
Very satisfying ending, im glad Light got what he deserved. I always wondered why Light and L were so popular among the MAL community and i still have no idea why. L isn't that bad, but Light? God he pissed me off so much in the second half.

A lot of people seem to dislike the second half more than the first, but i must say i actually really liked Near, more than L And the second half for me personally was more enjoyable.

Overall really cool experience, the show really kept me on the edge of my seat and i kept flip flopping between L and Lights side for the first 12 epsiodes or so which, doesn't happen very often for me in anime tho by the half way point i was set on seeing Light get what was coming to him.

Finally watched and glad i did, would watch again and recommend. 9/10
Dec 7, 2018 6:22 PM

Nov 2018
To be frank, I was never fond of Light, not because of his sense of justice but the ways he carried them out and that he kills anyone opposing him. But that final death scene actually changed my view on him, when he looks into the sunset representing the end, seeing L appears as part of his imagination, and I thought, perhaps he was right after all and he died believing that the world will change for a better due to his actions.

Staying to your beliefs until the very end even if the odds are against you, that's a beautiful ending to this story and I'm glad that I watched it.
Ethan_07Dec 7, 2018 6:28 PM
Dec 12, 2018 3:56 PM

Aug 2007
Matsuda questioning Light about his father dying was truly the best part. I still think it's one of the most heartbreaking thing Light does for his quest of power. Matsuda crying and shooting him... it has a lot of heaviness to it.

I found the manga to be better, but the anime followed it for the most part. When I finished the manga in 2006, I actually hated the ending because Light lost and found it unsatisfying. I actually thought L was going to have a bigger pull in the end or that he wasn't really dead.
Revisiting this ages later... I think the reason I'm unsatisfied is due to Near. He's a watered down version of L. If they took the approach and made Mello more important, it could have saved it. Light definitely had to die after 6 years of this, and losing his sanity made perfect sense. (I actually liked how he died in the manga version better because it was a much more tragic way to go and thus really reduced all humans, even delusional ones, to humans, not gods.)

I really think the arc with L is quite captivating and fresh in terms of anime through the years, but I hated the second arc even more than I did originally. Since I knew what was going to happen in the end, I payed attention more to the characters, and Near is so freaking boring it becomes tedious to watch. It doesn't have the same spark and if we are judging this anime as a whole, it just doesn't hold up as a masterpiece.

6/10

Jan 5, 2019 3:43 AM

Jan 2018
The first arc was sooo damn good until L died. Could've been better if he didn't died. I didn't liked the second arc, which is where Near and Mello trying to catch Light. So disappointed with the ending. I wanted Light to win, actually. I agree with him that criminals should die. It'll make the world a better and safe place. But oh well.

9/10
Jan 5, 2019 6:30 AM

Jun 2017
The more I rewatch the series the more digusted I am with the ending. I agree that Light, even though he is my fav character of all time, should have died. But he died in a stupid way. The author didnt know how to finish the series and just forced it. Imagine if Light was actually smart like always, he would tell Mikami to write all names except Near's in the fake notebook or he would just give Mikami a torn page from the real notebook to keep in his pocket all the time. Like what the fuck it doesnt make any sense, I'll just pretend that the 26th episode was the true ending. LONG LIVE KIRA
IdleSolutionJan 5, 2019 6:44 AM

Jan 6, 2019 7:50 AM

Jun 2017
Hail Kira! Hail The God of the New World! To the death! Light Yagami was a hero! A martyr among all! He's the sole reason for the world peace they're experience, the virtually crime free society they're living in and yet they tried to catch him!? What a bunch of Ungrateful bastards they are, but oh well, we wouldn't have a thrilling anime to watch if it they weren't trying to catch him. Only L was Light's worthy enemy, Mello and Near just felt a little bit meh for me. I would've hoped that Kira would win as the God of the new world and that the world will be cleansed, but that's that. Thanks for trying Yagami-kun, it was a good run.

To the death! Kira did nothing wrong!
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 6, 2019 7:53 AM

Jun 2017
woahitsai said:
The first arc was sooo damn good until L died. Could've been better if he didn't died. I didn't liked the second arc, which is where Near and Mello trying to catch Light. So disappointed with the ending. I wanted Light to win, actually. I agree with him that criminals should die. It'll make the world a better and safe place. But oh well.

9/10

LONG LIVE KIRA! Let's just pretend that this Episode isn't the real ending.
“What do you do when there is an evil you cannot defeat by just means? Do you stain your hands with evil to destroy evil? Or do you remain steadfastly just and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?”
― Lelouch Vi Britannia
Jan 6, 2019 10:16 AM

Jan 2018
EmperorAlfred said:
LONG LIVE KIRA! Let's just pretend that this Episode isn't the real ending.

Sounds good. Maybe the author is just trolling on us and the real ending is still work in progress. Lol.
Jan 8, 2019 8:33 AM
Jul 2018
IdleSolution said:
But he died in a stupid way. The author didnt know how to finish the series and just forced it. Imagine if Light was actually smart like always, he would tell Mikami to write all names except Near's in the fake notebook or he would just give Mikami a torn page from the real notebook to keep in his pocket all the time. Like what the fuck it doesnt make any sense, I'll just pretend that the 26th episode was the true ending.

I agree with you. After L's death, the anime isn't as good as it was. L couldn't beat Kira. So, I think that nobody would have beaten Kira. But a kid killed Kira by a simple trick!

I also think Kira's death was inevitable. However, at least, maybe L could have sacrificed himself to stop Kira.
Feb 23, 2019 6:55 AM
Dec 2018
Completely triggerd at the part when Light is scolding Near for not being as good as L because L would have thought of a fake death note. Like come on dude, you literally know hoe Near could get you and you still didn't do anything about it. Then they call him a natural genius....
Dukestein18Feb 23, 2019 7:51 AM
Feb 23, 2019 12:01 PM

Feb 2019
that was bullshit

THERE WERE SO MANY WAYS LIGHT COULD HAVE WON

- Ask Ryuk to write down Near's and the police force's names (technically Ryuk isn't allowed to, but his relationship with Light is pretty strong, but he doesn't love him, so both of them could have remained alive)

- That other dude (x-kira) should've had a page or something tucked away somewhere at all times, just like Light does

- He could have run away and fought them later

The ending was satisfactory for what it was, but it was not the ending we wanted. Perhaps we should start a petition to remove ep37 from canon.

The author was clearly being pushed by a time constraint.

Overall, it was a meh series. It started out amazingly, but when L started to suspect something supernatural and Light volunteered to imprison himself, the series started going downhill FAST. All the enjoyment at watching L struggle with something beyond scientific understanding was awesome, and no real police investigator would even BEGIN to suspect a supernatural cause. I think it could have been written better.
Unusual_KmcFeb 23, 2019 12:07 PM
I am not a weeb, I simply enjoy 2D girls
Feb 27, 2019 7:13 AM
Jan 2014
I just finished and i'm so glad that Light died in the end i wanted him dead from near the start although I think the way Near caught him was a bit lame. I enjoyed the anime but its the first time I've ever hated the mc this much. I wish L had stayed in longer though after he died i started getting really bored and by that point Light was a huge hypocrite just killing innocent people and didn't care about anyone other than himself even after he rambled on so much about the world being full of bad people.
YuffFeb 27, 2019 7:19 AM
Feb 27, 2019 7:58 AM

Jun 2011
Having read the manga before watching the anime, nothing really surprised me, although I found Misa insanely annoying (sometimes, she sounds like Harley Quinn). I didn't care for the fake Kiras either. And I never liked Mello/Near. I loved the L/Light confrontations, but Near relied on others too much, whereas L would go in personally. I was disappointed that Finis didn't get animated, but I didn't really understand the revelation of Teru having wrote Takada's death, though I guess it'd be the only death listed in the real Death Note in some days, whereas it wouldn't show in the fake Death Note.

Anywho, Teru's deathgasm while writing all the people's name at the door was just downright creepy, and the whole interaction made no sense. There's no effing way that only 30 seconds had passed. Honestly, having Near win the fight instead of L leaves a sour taste for me, as it was L who started the fight, and while it would've been a depressing ending, ending the series after L's death would've made sense.

There's also the point of, 'how do you replace the pages of the whole Death Note (not even getting into the timeframe issue), when the Death Note's not supposed to run out of pages?
Mar 15, 2019 11:30 AM
Oct 2018
The whole series has been great...but this ending...seeing Light so miserable and crazy...I hoped he would take his defeat more calmly and not run around trying to find an escape and losing all his pride
But well well...great anime anyway!!👌🏼
Mar 22, 2019 7:07 PM

Dec 2018
As I expected, Near and his asspull assumption which turned out to be true without confirmation such as of how he immediately know that X-Kira is Mikami, will eventually led to his victory. Well what I'm trying to say is that the mangaka is on Near's side from the beginning of the arc, which is why Near win in the end. I mean just look at the scene where Near immediately know who X-Kira is, without clear explanation. And now he had this Gevanni who can forge the note in 1 night. Well, one might assume that I'm on Light's side. Well if that's how Near achieve his victory I'd rather be on Light's side.

And I thought Mikami had an emergency DN just like Light in his watch. Mikami should have used it instead of bringing the whole book of real DN if u take into account that they will eventually notice the fake DN and replace the real one.

I think Light and Mikami should have meet before executing their masterplan so this disaster for them will not happen.

Light so desperate to shift the blame. Well this is Light's true color. Mikami just worsen the cover by calling Light 'god' lol.

I think when Light pushed to the corner and is left alone is symbolic to that he is now all alone, nobody is in his side anymore and nobody support him anymore.

Matsuda now try to kill Light, how surprising...... Despite that he always has a slight support when Kira is killing criminals.

What the hell happened to Mikami? So much blood out of his body.

That was sad scene when Light walk through the road in the afternoon and see himself when he's still a teenager. I guess he wanted to return to those days.

Well considering Light doesn't give Ryuk apple for a long time, Ryuk's pretty pissed right now LMAO. Ryuk stayed true to his word.

I wonder what Sayu and his mother reaction will be.

Sigh... in the end we didn't get to see L's real name. Not the current L.

Well, it's been quite fun.......
Kish0Mar 22, 2019 11:13 PM
He who smiles in a crisis has found someone to blame.
Apr 14, 2019 8:07 PM

Jan 2014
The ending imo was pre anti-climatic & I’m truly disappointed with how Light led his guard down so easily and the events that left Near to win (I agree with many of the comments)
Although I was against light's methods and supported L at the beginning
I gradually wanted to see Kira win at the end since it'll be more interesting that way and I thought he would be able to outwit Near.
If Light was going to die anyways, I thought a MUCH tougher opponent/ someone equal to L would show up but rip
Moreover, more questions such as a) is the shinigami going to take it the notebook back? b) who is next & will they be world war etc.
1st part of the story was 10/10 but 2nd part of the story was 8-8.5/10
But, I guess this was also an expected/predictable/fitting death for Light
ArisaXApr 14, 2019 8:57 PM
Apr 14, 2019 8:33 PM
Apr 2019
Nice ending but i was expecting something more good
Apr 15, 2019 3:57 AM
Aug 2017
In my honest opinion everything falls apart after episode 12, so at this point I've just been watching to finish the job, and honestly based on how much of a illogical mess episodes 13-37 were, I can literally only described this ending as.. "Perfect"

Not "Perfect" because it was good or made sense, but because it just works, it was the only way I would end that horrible, horrible arc and this absolute mess of a story, I'm personally going to rate this anime as a 10 and throw it onto my favorites, but only considering the first 12 episodes, cause those on their own were worth the watch.
KoushinteruApr 15, 2019 4:02 AM
Apr 19, 2019 11:20 PM
Jul 2016
I've got a question, although I am not sure if I missed something.

But, how did Light find out that Near's name is Nate River? I don't remember he had the shinigami eyes, only Mikami knows it but I do not remember Mikami told Light what his real name.

Again I am not sure if I missed seomething can someone enlighten me?
Apr 27, 2019 7:54 PM
Apr 2018
Well, everything happened as I imagined it would: Light was caught, ended up looking super pitiful and, surprise surprise, Near won. I had never been so pissed off about an ending.

I'm going to be honest, however, the plan to catch Kira by having his follower write everyone's names but him was pretty clever. I truly liked that part.

Maescia said:
I've got a question, although I am not sure if I missed something.

But, how did Light find out that Near's name is Nate River? I don't remember he had the shinigami eyes, only Mikami knows it but I do not remember Mikami told Light what his real name.

Again I am not sure if I missed seomething can someone enlighten me?
It doesn't sound too convicing and I'm not sure either, but Light might have seen it when Near showed to all of Light's team what Mikami had written, considering he was able to see Takada's name from further away.
May 16, 2019 3:27 AM
May 2019
Meh I am not satisfied by the ending. The fact that Near succeeded what L was aiming for is frustrating. Ryuzaki was far better than him and I can't believe this is the way Light got caught. He would've thought of an escape, he always did. It's disappointing, honestly. 😔
May 16, 2019 2:11 PM

Jan 2016
What an ending i really liked light acting so desperately helpless at the end.. He was always so arrogant.
You get what you deserve!!
So cool ryuk wrote his name in the death note!
Near and mellow together are as good as L alone... I miss him
I wanted L to catch light that is the only thing i do not like about the end
Jun 7, 2019 12:10 AM
Sep 2018
LMAO,its funny specially for some edgy kids who love light because they think light/kira is a "cool and edgy anti hero" when he actually NOT AT ALL.why? heres the thing,gonna be a long rant:
1.u guys take this series COMPLETELY WRONG FROM THE START,why? rewatch ep 1,the author clearly showing this Light=smartest student in japan who happen to be a "psycopath" that triggered by the "deathnote",psycopath=someone who manipulative that will do anything for himself,for his safety and enjoyment without empathy or feeling remorse,sound familiar? Light doesnt care his dad dead and he will kill his sister too,not a psycopath for u guys? and in the end of episode,i want to be a GOD,he wont be a hero that will kill criminal then die for ppl,he want to be a GOD and live enjoying it in the end.LIGHT=MAIN ANTAGONIST.
2.L(ryuzaki) is the hero,he is the true justice but still have flaw(same as Light)which is lead to his death,why he is "true justice" because till the end,he want to punish light with the "real way",he can just kill kira right there when kira is in captive,which is lead to his death because rem kill him,KIRA WIN? PFFT,REM IS THE WINNER,THE POINT OF THIS EPISODE IS LITERALLY THE POINT OF THIS SERIES,we will get to it in the end.
3.Mello and Near is necessary,and u guys dont need to "LOVE THEM" like a fanboy u r,why? the author make it clear once again with this,which is going for the last.
3.in the end,ill tell u guys this,the point,the plot,the morale message by the author in this series is,deathnote is A REALISTIC TAKE OF A SUPERNATURAL SERIES,why its REALISTIC?
(1).LIGHT,KIRA,MELLO,NEAR,NAOMI and MIKAMI is a NORMAL HUMAN,they have flaw,THEY MAKE MISTAKE,L mistake is he think that shinigami is gonna follow human rule and trust them,Light/KIRA mistake is that EVERYTHING is according to keikaku(plan lol) he never learn why L die lol,NAOMI mistake is that she is very cautious yet still lose it to innocent look kid(light),MELLO mistake is that he is hot headed and have no patience but fast in action n catch kira off guard,NEAR mistake is the opposite of mello thats why they are combined=same as L ryuzaki,and THE LAST,mikami mistake is to do unnecessary thing and doesnt follow kira order.
(2)u guys notice whats in common? THOSE MISTAKE IS VERY HUMANIZE THEM,that mistake is MAKE SENSE,remember the only supernatural thing in this series is shinigami n deathnote,the rest part of the series is very realistic normal world with normal ppl.
and in the end,the morale/point of this series is,author telling us,when ppl get a power,they might lose control or even their sanity,which is kira,and doesnt matter how genius u r,u arent perfect,u will make MISTAKE that might cost ur LIFE,and the last one,is fate/destiny is real,everyone gonna die,even ryuk said it that he knew when LIGHT GONNA DIE from the start of the series,he isnt GOD,just a pityful human who is a murderer.thats why L ryuzakis look at him at his last moment of how sad and pityful kira is.remember in this series,god,fate/destiny exist,and real justice will be done in the end,and its clearly not LIGTH/KIRA BULLSHIT JUSTICE.
Jun 13, 2019 10:12 AM

Mar 2018
The ending was okay. I never wanted Light to win, but I wanted L to be the one who'd beat him. I think killing L was the biggest mistake. I know Light lost because of Mikami's mistake and Mello's sacrifice, and not because Near is smarter than him, but I really wanted his loss to be more epic. I would have preferred if L had set up a plan after his death to outsmart Light than have this ending. However, it wasn't that bad. I loved that the last person Light saw before he died was L. It verified that he was his only true rival till the end.
Jun 27, 2019 10:25 AM

Apr 2019
Holy shit im a bit late but im depressed and I dont know what to do with my life I was not expecting that
Jun 27, 2019 6:08 PM
Jun 2019
Socita said:
The ending was okay. I never wanted Light to win, but I wanted L to be the one who'd beat him. I think killing L was the biggest mistake. I know Light lost because of Mikami's mistake and Mello's sacrifice, and not because Near is smarter than him, but I really wanted his loss to be more epic. I would have preferred if L had set up a plan after his death to outsmart Light than have this ending. However, it wasn't that bad. I loved that the last person Light saw before he died was L. It verified that he was his only true rival till the end.

I agree with everything you said
hello

Jul 17, 2019 5:12 AM

Jul 2019
Second season is a disgusting abomination 0/10
Aug 1, 2019 9:31 AM
Jun 2019
FOTCH said:
Second season is a disgusting abomination 0/10

Wait there's a second season?
hello

Aug 5, 2019 1:23 PM
Apr 2009
Death Note IIRC was my first Anime and I loved it back then. 100+ Entries later, I decided to rewatch it.

Honestly, this is one of the few popular anime's that I don't feel is overrated. I appreciate it even more now.

Just like many say, the second part is obviously not as good as the first. Since the introduction of Misa, the part where the L worked together with Light when Light had abandoned the Death Note and the businessmen had the death note and parts of part two could have been better. Regardless, this is an amazing work of art. I think we all wanted to see L win.

As a tip; go watch the deleted L Funeral scene. I believe they wanted to end the show after L's death initially because of one vital part of that scene at the end.
Aug 9, 2019 1:59 AM
Aug 2018
That was disappointing. I guess the build up wasn't there so when near won its just disappointing. It feels like everything went how near wanted it. And light being fooled is the most disappointing. #teamLight lol. I was really rooting for him.

Mikami ruined everything!!! Although i like how light's death sceme.
Sep 9, 2019 3:20 PM
Aug 2019
First half of this anime was pure gold, 10/10 for me. Second half was garbage in comparison, 6/10.
8 Overall. I wish MAL could've split the two; I hate having to lower the overall score just because the second half sucked.
Even I have to admit the live action movie delivered a better ending; the Japanese one, not the American flop.
Sep 22, 2019 6:49 AM
Jul 2012
You know it's a good anime when people are still writing about it 12 years later.

Like everyone else, I too am disappointed with this ending. I really hoped that he would win and that we would see him marry Amane Misa. This ending reminds me of the ending to
. Why must "villains" always lose if they are in the right and the good people in the wrong? Yagami Light ended wars and punished evil people only after they have done evil deeds. He doesn't hurt innocent people that aren't trying to find and apprehend him.
teubert2Sep 22, 2019 7:07 AM
When people tell me to stream anime on CR instead of downloading from fansub sites.

Oct 23, 2019 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
It's over already :(

I wish the series was longer, didn't want it to end.

Light is always the winner, always so calm.. felt bad to see him going insane.. The flashbacks of him when he picked up the notebook as a highschooler, perhaps reflecting on his life, made me sad.. I did wish that he somehow outwitted and 'won' though, something is very likable about Light, I wanted to see him win despite seeing how diabolical he can be

Ryuk's gesture of taking Light's life was out of compassion? I felt it was so. Compassion not only 'cos he was going too mad but better to end it in dignity, whatever's left of that.

Does he smile seeing the image of L during his last breath????? He sure loves L, perhaps the only person he loved was L. This is one of the best things about this show, L and Light love each other :) Aaahhhh I love them. One of the best fictional characters I've seen so far.

I wish they had made another series with L and Light in the afterlife, still continuing their battle of wits, but now more as friends and in leisurely, now that Light's blinding ambition was out of the way?!!

The final calm made my eyes well up, from seeing it coming to an end after having had great enjoyment watching this show, seeing Misa, Ryuk.

I think I'll re-watch this until episode 25. The level of excitement, thrill, mind-fuck I got from this show is unforgettable for me. One of the best shows ever, even though a few episodes after episode 25 felt weakly written/directed.

removed-userOct 23, 2019 5:18 AM
Nov 12, 2019 7:37 AM
Nov 2018
Anyone know what song is playing at the end when Light is running away?
I've been curious for a few years by it.
Dec 1, 2019 12:52 PM

Jun 2019
I was not a fan of Light being killed off. Well, I shouldn't say that.. but I didn't like the way it was handled, personally.

I feel like some of the middle parts of the story are unnecessary, and I also believe that L and Light should have died at the same time, kind of defeating each other simultaneously. 24 episodes instead of 37 and having that happen would have made Light's death easier to swallow for me.

Having L die, and then having some characters less interesting than L killing Light was a damn shame.

Dec 25, 2019 6:37 PM
Jul 2018
this show should have ended with L dying

decent show overall but this ending was an abomination
Jan 2, 2020 9:11 PM
Apr 2018
This end was terrible. Near and Mello were forced into the plotline and very literally came out of nowhere. Light won against L, and its my guess the writer thought it would be a bad look if he were to end his story with some occultist god taking over the world. The writing very clearly fell off after episode 25 (L's death) and the plotholes are inexcusable compared to how pristine the show was before this. Light began acting out of character, being less cautious and not second guessing most of his actions. This is a poor excuse of an ending and is completely out of touch with everything the first 25 episodes stood for. They did not even provided a valid philosophical countermeasure to Kira's ideology, just "you kill people lol". Death Note's end could have left viewers with various debates and philosophical questions as to which ideology was better, but at no time throughout the show did they have any interesting argument against Kira. They ended the show not with justice prevailing, but just some kid with some big shoes to fill who's just picking up where his icon left off.
Jan 15, 2020 10:12 PM
Spiral Warrior

Jan 2017
Honestly this series would have scored a 9 from me instead of a 7 if it wasn't for how lazy and bad this ending feels. It's just so... Unsatisfying. L Junior busts him because an underling screwed the pooch... That's no conclusion to the intellectual showdown between Kira and L.

Also fairly unsatisfied with making the shinigami get L too though.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 21, 2020 7:38 PM

Apr 2015
It's sad that the second half of the show had to be the way it ended because it was hard to even get through most of the second half. All of the fun of cat and mouse of the first part was gone in the second part. The show felt kinda lifeless after L died. I was initially really upset with this last episode but seeing Ryuk end it for Light saved it a little for me as it was a heartwarming scene.
Pages (19) « First ... « 12 13 [14] 15 16 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» how many people have read or watch bl ( 1 2 )

meltrix2017 - Apr 21

62 by CirceOwO »»
Yesterday, 7:29 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

itainteazy - Apr 4, 2007

393 by decco6226 »»
Apr 13, 8:10 PM

» Psychoanalyzing Light Yagami but in gen z slangs

egosumjohn - Mar 31

27 by egosumjohn »»
Apr 10, 6:53 PM

Poll: » Death Note Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

xXDaijinkazeXx - Apr 15, 2009

127 by KingOfPneumos »»
Apr 8, 7:58 PM

Poll: » Does Death Note deserve a remake? ( 1 2 )

Kenny_Stryker - Nov 2, 2017

55 by Absurdo_N »»
Apr 8, 6:17 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.