Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Jul 5, 2010 8:57 PM

Jul 2007
They lost, but the episode was still amazing.
It felt good watching Mihashi push himself the way he did.

Poor Nishihiro, his scene was intense. I didnt know what to expect. My mouth was as wide open as Mihashi's when Nishi struck out.
Aug 15, 2010 2:32 PM

Oct 2009
Malestel said:
Brilliant ep, everything was gr8 about it. Except the fact that it signals the end of S2.
nami_k said:

I would never have thought a baseball Anime could make me cry this much..

Cross Game made me cry like a baby multiple times:D Oofuri just makes my eyes water a bit. (The magnitude of the events in the 2 shows are very different though.)
Jio-Freed said:
Has anyone read the manga? Is this the end or it will continue with other tournaments( I know that it's another episode but still, it could end)?

There's much, much more but it isnt scanlated yet. So, no this isn't the end of the story, they still have 4 Koshiens till graduation, lots of matches, lots of potential for a S3 if sales go well.

Whooo! I´m so relived! since the last episodes I began to worry I thougt the series could be ending^^ I hope they make a 3rd seosen soon!
Oct 22, 2010 9:52 PM

Sep 2008
Ouch, them losing was harder for me than I predicted. =[
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 27, 2010 7:01 PM

Jul 2008
Ugh, their crying hit me hard. ;____;

BEGINNER
Jan 19, 2011 5:21 PM

Feb 2009
I am sad.

"Only the dead have seen the end of war".
~Plato~
Feb 8, 2011 11:04 AM

Mar 2009
;___; Incredible. I cried a little, and I'm still feeling shaky. This show is incredible.
Aug 6, 2011 2:26 PM

May 2008
Another great season, I hope there's more.
Dec 3, 2011 12:01 AM

Nov 2007
i was really sad.. :( it was predictable that they'd lose.. the gap is 6 points..l, but until the end, i was hoping they could pull it off.
Though i like the fact that they lose too, it just shows the realistic part.
after all, everyone got a lesson, and this will be their motivation for koshien!

wooooo! Tajima x Mihashi x Abe, and Coach! Gambatte!
Nishiura High, Ike!!!!!
Jan 17, 2012 7:54 AM

Jul 2010
Shit, why did they have to lose? And with a homerun nontheless! If it only were more like 9-6 it would've been a less painful loss... :(

I loved the way Mihashi started to think of his own, even refusing Tajima's signs (though I highly doubt he'll refuse Abe-kun's as easily) a few times. I liked the way Abe-kun and Mihashi faced each other at the end, they looked like their friendship/relationship/battery got a little better ^^

I can't say how much I wanted them to win this summer competition but I guess it's impossible after all, with a team of first years and with no senpais. Though I hope they'll win this competition next year or even the one after that, it would be awesome for them is they were to compare how much they've grown :) Very good season, wished it were longer though... 8/10
Jun 17, 2012 4:47 PM

Jan 2012
What an awesome episode!

I cried when Nishihiro cried at the end.
Jul 12, 2012 3:20 PM

Jun 2011
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT! Mihashi was great when he shaked off the sign. Too bad they lost, good luck in the newcomer tournament!
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Sep 1, 2012 11:04 PM

Mar 2012
I nearly cried when Mihashi started crying and all Abe could do was console him. Such a great episode.
Dec 4, 2012 6:17 PM

Jul 2011
I'm glad they didn't pull a miracle win.

At least Mihashi can shake off signs now, and everyone will improve for the next game!

My tears though. :A:

SEASON 3 PLEASE.
Jul 5, 2013 11:49 PM

Dec 2012
Damn, even though a loss was realistic I was still hoping to at least see Nishihiro pull a hit out. Really felt that episode, but even though they lost, Mihashi has really developed as a character throughout the game and hopefully can now create a real, healthy pitcher-catcher relationship with Abe.
Nov 2, 2013 4:31 PM

Jul 2012
brb crying

That was a good game even if I was frustrated with the opponents method of winning. I'm glad our Nishiura babies kept on facing Bijou with everything they have till the end. Well done!

Eksta said:
I cried when Nishihiro cried at the end.

^
Nov 25, 2013 7:04 PM

May 2012
Realistically beautiful and very touching.. and what's best is that they did not give up at all and still did their best. Can't stop the tears in the end :(
Jan 6, 2014 7:33 PM

Aug 2009
Kantarou said:
Jacut said:
The emotional impact was just too huge in this episode and the direction was truly unbelievably good as usual. The music pieces outlined the action like they were part of the animation too and the character development is simply top notch. Probably one of the best, if not the best episode of the year.
noteDhero said:
Speechless. Best sports anime I've seen. Bumped up to a 10.

My thoughts in a nutshell.

Whole episode, no, whole season was fucking brilliant. Absolutely perfect. This episode really took the cake. Golden episode. Oh god, the emotions, the direction (oh my god, the camera work was stunning!), the new music when Nishihiro was at bat, the support, the cheering, the teamwork, the development, Mihashi's epiphany bringing the whole two season to full circle with his development, the sportsmanship. Oh god, the whole thing was just so damn beautiful. I cannot express my love of this show in a proper way. Definitely the best show that premiered this season, and one of the best this year. BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT!!

ALL OF THIS!

Oh this episode just grabbed my heart!! I bumped the series from a 9 to a 10! yes its well deserved. I mean I have never been so into a game! it had me at the edge of my seat in here yelling at my laptop, chanting the cheers! oh my little heart couldn't take it when they lost, I felt so sad for them, but they are definitely growing as a team, and individually.
such an emotional episode.

this is such a great team, and they are only first years at that! if they stick together and continue they could be the best team out there, seriously, I wish to see them grow and become better players and bond with each other so I can witness their humorous interactions. who knew I would enjoy this journey so much? I mean this anime is definitely worth watching! I hope there will be more to come in the future no matter how long it takes!

the animation was amazing! simply astonishing.

Jan 19, 2014 3:47 PM

Nov 2011
Oh man, that was really sad.. They got owned at their own mind game ...
They should have tricked that 4th a little after they realized that their sign has stolen really ...

But there is a great character development of our ace, I even love Mihashi more ...
Jim_HeartJan 19, 2014 3:55 PM
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Apr 2, 2014 7:26 PM

Dec 2010
Good game, but kind of unsatisfactory with the way the opposing team stole the coach's signs and got Abe out.
May 16, 2014 11:20 AM

Apr 2014
Already started to cry when Bijou scored that last homer.
I mean it's amazing that they came so far in their first tournament but still... :-(
May 26, 2014 6:15 PM
Mar 2014
hey for all you guys who wants more info on the aftermath of the final game should go to kissanime.com and watch episode 12.5. It's a great extra episode for those of us who wanted more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
May 27, 2014 11:38 AM

Apr 2014
diamond-hime said:
snip

Episode 12.5 is the Side Story/Special linked on the main page. :)
Jun 4, 2014 8:36 AM
Mar 2013
best ep for real :( i could feel their motivation and then ..
great anime love it ><
Sep 20, 2014 10:38 PM

Aug 2013
This is simply... magnificent... brilliant! amazing! astonishing!
I'm really speechless... My feels are really hurting right now to the point that I can't even cry...
It's really heartbreaking, the moment they all shout "Nishihiro! Nishihiro!" and the background music came, oh lol...
I want to cry... let out all my emotions ... But I somehow can't. SOOOo painful lol

10/10
Apr 24, 2015 1:18 PM

Aug 2013
Even though Bijou won this match, I don't think they are that much strong at all, look at how they won:

Stealing signs, injuring the catcher (it doesn't matter whether it was intentional or unintentional, Nishiura had only one catcher after all.) This means players of Bijou don't trust their own talents, and they don't have the courage to confront Nishiura, right? If they truly had enough confident in themselves then they wouldn't have tried to win in a dirty way and they would have faced the Nishiura players properly.
Jul 27, 2015 6:46 AM

Nov 2013
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Oct 6, 2015 8:21 AM

Jul 2013
I kind of expected that Nishiura would have lost especially at after that 3 points homerun scored by Bijoudai.Despite that I loved how they kept on fighting till the end.
Poor Nishihiro,he was a reserve and he never played in a match until now.He was clearly nervous,and he was placed in a situation as the next batter with two outs. It must have been hard on him and hearing everyone's encouragements to hit must have weighed on him even more.I hope it didn't traumatize him too much.

Well even though Nishiura lost at least they got to play and gain invaluable experience in official games which has definitely help in their growth and development. I'm not too sad about the loss because I'm sure Nishiura will utilize their experience in this tournament to get better and do even better in the other tournaments to come and it does sound like there are quite a few more after this,hopefully Abe will be healed by then.
Feb 14, 2016 1:41 PM

Oct 2012
Wow, never expected this series to be this good. I never cried when I watched sports anime but I almost did after they lost.
Mar 30, 2016 9:25 PM

Feb 2015
Ahhhh, I already knew they were going to lose but seeing it animated really hits you hard.

Why hasn't there been a season 3 yet?
Mar 30, 2016 9:28 PM
Jun 2010
The manga is still on going...they barely beat haruna san on the game...they lost to another strong team...
Apr 30, 2016 6:02 AM

Mar 2016
already knew they were going to lose because of the point difference but still.. (ノ;;)ノ~┻━┻

anywayyyy, mihashi and abe finally hug (..kinda) for the first time! i ship it XD
Mar 12, 2019 5:40 AM

Feb 2013
Damn!
I was hoping a miracle would hapen.
Nov 25, 2019 4:38 PM

Sep 2018
Why??????!!!!! I'm so mad!!! They will lose this????? Why there's no home run hitter in Nishiura?!!!! Grrrrr

Nishihiro!!! He feels so much pressure huhu wahhh!!!!!!!!~ I feel pressured too!!!!

Ohmygod T------T I'm crying so much!!!!! I know that 5 run is already a big gap but I'm still hoping!!!!! Why???????!!!!!!!!!!! My babies T------T They will end this season with them losing the game?????? I can take it if it's Tosei but Bijou???!! Why????????

Is there a season 3?!! I don't think they will continue this ;( it's been years already T------T
Mar 17, 2020 7:51 PM
Nov 2019
Just finished watching and wow i want to die. What am I gonna do as an empty husk for the next few weeks?

I already miss my boys :(
Jun 14, 2020 1:34 PM
Aug 2012
No magic moments popped up during the last final moments...They lost this game(((
Aug 16, 2021 7:05 AM

Dec 2020
ah.. and they lost. and i cried. it was only a few tears but damn. this episode i kicked my bed, almost broke my mug because of it, pulled my hair, bit my lip damn this was really.. an episode. really nothing special but i was just so invested in it

mihashi shaking his head !!! actually doing it by will!!!! and cheering on his teamates YOU GOOO

last part tho.. CRIED.. i cried i cried i CRIED fuckkkk nishihiro not getting a sudden miracle was nice tho i was hoping for it but it was a good choice they didnt do it
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 2 Discussion

ridojiri - Apr 12, 2010

32 by TRC_Randy »»
Feb 12, 8:29 AM

» Any chances for season 3?

ToG25thBaam - Sep 22, 2013

16 by Flameskrrfox »»
Dec 1, 2022 2:28 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nami_k - Jun 25, 2010

80 by _winterbear_ »»
Sep 11, 2022 12:45 PM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 3 Discussion

ridojiri - Apr 17, 2010

26 by yutaka_shin »»
Sep 9, 2021 12:12 AM

Poll: » Ookiku Furikabutte ~Natsu no Taikai Hen~ Episode 11 Discussion

Heibi - Jun 10, 2010

34 by lizzziziz »»
Aug 16, 2021 6:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.