Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 16, 2010 1:57 PM
Mar 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well I didn't really see this, I just checked a raw. As far as I can see, there are ~3 minutes at the begginning of new materials, and the rest is a copypaste of episodes 7 8 9 of the tv series. They cut the final scene of the tv series (when they show that Munto is gone, hinting it will be explained in a sequel/movie), and instead they show Munto going back to Earth to meet Yumemi. And that's it I guess. Happy ending. (you can see the extra scene here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYNhgxu2mAo )
Meh, lazy work.
Jan 5, 2011 5:50 PM

May 2010
Ok i watched it, is there any hope of that Munto 3 movie that i heard about so long ago?? I even have a pic of like a poster saved on my computer of it. I just want more Munto!! I guess if i wanna watch a red haired super star i gotta stick to Star Driver. But otherwise i am glad to see him at the end of this movie it makes it feel like a bit of closure anyway.
Jan 6, 2011 3:51 AM
Nov 2008
FinallY! The ending I wanted from the series is finally here....a cute one where Munto comes back....*dreams of some romance * Pwease let there be a season 3 -_- or smth..
Jan 6, 2011 4:11 AM

Mar 2009
thats it? thats all? I feel kinda cheated...no very cheated! Damn that production company! But I'd still watch a sequel if it came out....
Jan 8, 2011 6:35 PM

Oct 2010
clearbrite99 said:
Ok i watched it, is there any hope of that Munto 3 movie that i heard about so long ago?? I even have a pic of like a poster saved on my computer of it. I just want more Munto!! I guess if i wanna watch a red haired super star i gotta stick to Star Driver. But otherwise i am glad to see him at the end of this movie it makes it feel like a bit of closure anyway.

this is the third movie. two ova's/movies were released before the tv series was made. the first ova was simply episodes 1-3 of the tv series while the second ova was episodes 4-6. this movie basically takes episode 7-9 of the tv series.

so technically, this is the third "movie." the movie made a lot more sense than the tv series. but that could simply be due to my watching the events a second time since it's a remake. the extra new footage at the beginning did help explain things, and i love the extra scene at the end. i actually enjoyed the movie though it was a remake. the tv series always felt cheap since they just reused the ova's. i probably would have been happy if they had just released a third ova instead of the tv series.

yumemi x munto forever (i love this pairing).
Mar 13, 2011 7:52 AM

Apr 2009
Phoenix_Hime said:
thats it? thats all? I feel kinda cheated...no very cheated! Damn that production company! But I'd still watch a sequel if it came out....

Same exact sentiments here but I guess it's partly my fault for not reading the one line synopsis here on MAL and the reviews in the forums. Waiting for the sequel of there's one.
You see there's no need to wonder where your god is,
Coz he's right here! ...and he's fresh out of mercy.
Nov 13, 2012 11:43 PM

Jan 2012
Really the only reason to watch it is the 30 seconds or so at the end of the movie... And even that isn't that great.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 27, 2013 7:40 PM

Nov 2011
draker said:
see the extra scene here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYNhgxu2mAo )
Meh, lazy work.

Oh thank God for this link. I didn't want to watch the entire thing just to look for extra materials.

I guess this is the alternative ending. Well, he's back that's for sure.

More topics from this board

» Not to disappoint your expectations, but...

another_anon - Sep 8, 2009

6 by Kaizoku_Mugiwara »»
Nov 13, 2012 11:41 PM

» Anybody know if a fansubber is gonna sub this?

animefan13 - May 1, 2009

38 by Ikano »»
Jan 17, 2011 5:09 AM

» so this explains the 9 episode count, maybe...

kisami - Mar 13, 2009

11 by biitchstick »»
Jul 14, 2009 6:44 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.