Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 26, 2007 5:03 PM

Apr 2007
OK this is something that happens to me, from time to time, and I know it's not a commom issue. I think the best way to put it is: Did you ever fell in love with an anime char? I don't think that's the best term, like I said, I rather use the expression "obsessed" (or maybe not even this is a good word, most ppl find it's too strong). Their gestures, their behaviour, their personality, or maybe just the appearance, if you find the char extremely beautiful; it all counts.

A long time ago I did the same topic on another forum and didn't get much response. Maybe obsessing (or really really really liking them) about anime chars it's not that normal, hehe.

So, I'll start. I don't quite remember very much, but I'll say a few I was "apparently obsessed with": Ayanami Rei, Nagato Yuki, Tsukamoto Yakumo. Uchiha Itachi too, probably. I think Ferio from MKR too. I really like him. My current obsession is Lelouch. I have never watched a single Code Geass episode, but from the first pic I've seen of him.. I went "ohmy.. this guy probably is the coolest ever". Finally I will begin to watch the series tomorrow, and I can't wait~~!

So. Am I the only disturbed one here?
nihilFeb 7, 2009 9:41 PM
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 26, 2007 5:17 PM

Feb 2007
I've always adored Sakura from Cardcaptor Sakura. So cute.
Jun 26, 2007 5:23 PM

Jun 2007
i guess you are lol, but who am i to judge anyways

i dont obsess about them b/c all they are are drawings of writers expressing a story.
Jun 26, 2007 5:24 PM

Apr 2007
Asrialys said:

Ditto.

Jun 26, 2007 5:30 PM

Apr 2007
I guess she doesn't exactly count as an anime character, but I kind of have a thing for Tifa from FFVII

Sue me :/
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2007 5:40 PM

Jan 2007
Just from seeing the xxxHolic manga, Yuuko caught my attention, so I read it, and she's easily my favorite character. Now to watch the anime...

But for other things, I usually have at least one character that I really like from a series I'm watching, or I can't really enjoy it.
Jun 26, 2007 6:22 PM

Jan 2007
It's totally normally to get something like a crush on anime characters, I think. Hell, I've had crushes on characters in books before. ^.^;; Even though they're made up, you can still admire and sort of "fall in love" with a characters personality -- after it, it's just representative of what you like in real life.

As far anime crushes... I'd definitely have to say Satou Sei from MariMite, Nagato Yuki and Kyon from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Yuuichi and Mai from Kanon '06 (suddenly I feel a bit redundant >.>), Haruhi from Ouran Highschool Host Club, and porbably Mireille from Noir. I wouldn't say I have a crush on them, but Balsa and Revy are to characters that I sort of wish I could be like in some ways. Revy is MESSED UP but damn it would rock to be that cool, and Balsa is... well just plain awesome. ^.^;; Some others too, but I'd rather not babble on forever :-p
Jun 26, 2007 7:36 PM

Jan 2007
If Brandon Heat (Gungrave) was a real person, I would marry him and have his babies. So, no, you're definitely not the only one. lol
Jun 26, 2007 8:20 PM

Nov 2006
aha oh dear, my obsessions change by whichever anime i'm watching, but gokudera and basil from katekyo hitman reborn will be permanents, i think. certainly not in love with them, cough cough. but they're so awesome that i freak out whenever they do something cool etc.
Jun 26, 2007 9:03 PM

Apr 2007
lol, yay, everyone's posting.

Asrialys said:

classic! hehe

Neverender said:
I guess she doesn't exactly count as an anime character, but I kind of have a thing for Tifa from FFVII

that's an amazing pic you posted. she indeed is very beautiful! good luck with that! xDl

Anamnesis said:
My first obsession was (and STILL is) Trunks from Dragon Ball Z.

lol cool, I like trunks a lot too. one of my faves from DBZ.

bettynoire said:
It's totally normally to get something like a crush on anime characters, I think. Hell, I've had crushes on characters in books before. ^.^;; Even though they're made up, you can still admire and sort of "fall in love" with a characters personality -- after it, it's just representative of what you like in real life.

interesting point. actually I find it more normal to fall for a book char than for an anime one. you see, ppl from books are made-up, you invent how they'll look. animes are cartoons. anyway, I love obsessing about anime chars.

I'm sure there are lots of folks that fit into this topic, but maybe some are shy or just would not admit. xD
nihilFeb 7, 2009 9:44 PM
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jun 26, 2007 10:12 PM
Jun 26, 2007 10:20 PM

Feb 2007
Well.. I think I could go on a rant for a really long time.... about this..... because I suck....

Maybe I should stick with who I am currently obsessed with...

HEI! FROM DARKER THAN BLACK!!!!!!!1!!!124124

<3

he is so awesome.... *goes off into wonderland with Hei....leavs this post..un...fi.n.i.s...h....e......d

edit: and now you see my new picture to commemorate my love!
SY_IS_DEAD_IRLJun 26, 2007 10:39 PM
Jun 27, 2007 12:52 AM

Jun 2007
Sailor Mercury
Reika Mishima from Rahxephon
Hinata from Naruto
Inoue Orihime from Bleach
Tsukino from Yakitate Japan
Mikihara Ren from Full Metal Panic Fumoffu
Tucker's daughter from Fullmetal Alchemist was so adorable
Sawachika Eri from School Rumble
Cagalli from Gundam Seed
Arcueid from Shingetsutan Tsukihime

These ladies are all characters that I have enjoyed/admired/liked to various degrees, but rarely obsessively.
Jun 27, 2007 12:57 AM

Mar 2007
Lets see, Saber(inlove with), Rin(have been inlove with twice), Rei, Lycoris, Akiha And Caren(Not from anime. But Fate/hollow ataraxia).
And they're from, Fate/Stay Night, Evangelion, Shuffle!, Tsukihime and Fate/Hollow Ataraxia.
Jun 27, 2007 2:13 AM

Jun 2007
Subaru from X and Tokyo Babylon <333 and im really obsessed. i got prolly around 5 gb only with pics of him. :S
lucy from elfen lied is my second obsession (elfen lied is not 1 of my fav animes though)
... and of course mokona *cute*, im after moko-chan teddy right now >.<
Jun 27, 2007 4:22 AM
Apr 2007
i have plenty of anime character obsessions...i don't know if you would call it love, but it really is an "unhealthy" obsession kind of thing...like i think about the characters a lot...

morita shinobu was my first anime character obsession...he's just so awesome and hilarious...he was the first character to consistently make me laugh...noda megumi is also another one...she's like the female version of morita (i would seriously propose to her in a heartbeat if she was real)...rider from fsn is also a good example...she's just way too sexy for me not to obsess over her...

and right now i have an unhealthy obsession over yunoki from la corda...he's my role model...lol...
Jun 27, 2007 5:43 AM

Mar 2007
Anamnesis said:
nihil said:
so. am i the only disturbed one here?

Finally! I am not alone! >___< I'm always obsessed with at least 1 anime/videogame character.

My first obsession was (and STILL is) Trunks from Dragon Ball Z. I watched Dragon Ball Z for the first time when I was 8 years world and since the first time I saw Trunks, I've been obsessed with him. When Dragon Ball Z was popular in my school, I actually threatened other girls that said they liked Trunks XD (And it worked. They never said his name again...at least not around me).

Omg me too!when i was about 11 i was madly in love with Trunks! i had pictures of trunks all over my room! and believe it or not my sister fancied Piccolo! XDD

Right now I'm obsessed with Fay D. Flourite. I liked him in the anime but in the manga he has turned out to be one of the most screwed up characters ever. He's so dark, mysterious and deeply troubled that if a psychiatrist listened to some of his issues he would commit suicide immediately afterwards. And that's why I love him. Tsubasa nowadays is like an anime version of a David Lynch movie. I check everyday to see if a new chapter has been uploaded...*sigh* i'm a sad person, i know.

Other characters I love are Yuuko from xxxholic (obvious isn't it), Shin and Osaki Nana from Nana, Pino and Re-l from Ergo Proxy, Nodame from Nodame Cantabile (oh she's so insane), Gaara, Yoruichi and lat but not least , Sunako from YNSH. Specially in [her cool moments

the_pillows said:

and right now i have an unhealthy obsession over yunoki from la corda...he's my role model...lol...

so do you go around shouting at , blackmailing and sexually harassing young girls? interesting...XD
Jun 27, 2007 6:04 AM

May 2007
yuuko said:
and believe it or not my sister fancied Piccolo! XDD

Your sister wasn't the only one :p I never thought a green guy with antennae could be sexy...but then I saw Piccolo, lol. Blame Akira Toriyama.

Jun 27, 2007 6:58 AM

Feb 2005
I would not say I obsess over anime characters, but I guess there are those that I like or admire especially much, Alucard and Saya being good examples.
Mostly these tend to be strong, often tragic heroes or heroines...Edmond Dant�s, Ergo Proxy, Lelouch Lamperouge, Teresa, Spike Spiegel...
And then there are those I like mostly because they are cute, like Tessa and Yakumo...
But I think obsession is a too strong word for me...
And you are not alone Yuuko, I check every day for new Hellsing chapters...Which is kind of pointless really...Considering the mangaka is such a slow ass -___-
BamanJun 27, 2007 7:02 AM
Jun 27, 2007 9:58 AM

Jan 2007
selective_yellow said:
Well.. I think I could go on a rant for a really long time.... about this..... because I suck....

Maybe I should stick with who I am currently obsessed with...

HEI! FROM DARKER THAN BLACK!!!!!!!1!!!124124

<3

he is so awesome.... *goes off into wonderland with Hei....leavs this post..un...fi.n.i.s...h....e......d

edit: and now you see my new picture to commemorate my love!

Yes! <3 him, too. Great new pic. ;)
Jun 27, 2007 12:13 PM

Feb 2007
Thanks.. I was very proud of that screencap myself.... <3

Oh, Yuuko.. you are not alone in your Fai love..

I love him SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Actually probably more than Hei.. oh wait.. no, I can't say that.. I love all my babies equally... babies? wtf? Okay, I am insane........

FAI D. FLOURITE! YES! I read the manga.. he's so awesome.. so pretty.... *dies*******x.x!@

Jun 27, 2007 7:38 PM

Apr 2007
Anamnesis said:
yuuko said:
and believe it or not my sister fancied Piccolo! XDD

Your sister wasn't the only one :p I never thought a green guy with antennae could be sexy...but then I saw Piccolo, lol. Blame Akira Toriyama.

LMAO. piccolo is cool.

Baman said:
and Yakumo...

yakumo is love~ I posted a pic of her on the database, a winter one, from ni gakki. she looks so beautiful and sad~~

oh and just for the record.. like I thought, I'm completely lulu obsessing.
nihilFeb 7, 2009 9:47 PM
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jun 27, 2007 7:58 PM

Mar 2007
Interesting topic :) Got me thinking - it seems like I always fall for 'minor' characters, with a couple of exceptions (Sakura from CCS of course being one and also Ayukawa Madoka from KOR)....

Ururu from Bleach, Yomi from Azumanga Daioh, Lulu from Blood+, Chika from Ai Yori Aoshi...just to name a few.

Also, I think I am in love with Sakura Tange's voice (seiyuu for Kinomoto Sakura, also did Maico in Android Ana Maico 2010) XD Any character she does is instant <3 for me.
You've come a long way, baby.
Jun 27, 2007 8:11 PM

Apr 2007
_Sakura_ said:
Yomi from Azumanga Daioh

is that the one with glasses? oh and btw now I remember, I fell for kagura from azumanga. she's awesome~
nihilFeb 7, 2009 9:48 PM
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jun 27, 2007 9:04 PM

Jun 2007
If become obsessed pretty often.

Asuka from NGE was probably the first one. That died down, though.

But at the moment it's Juri from Utena, Silvana from Noir, and Haruhi Suzumiya.
Jun 28, 2007 6:47 AM
Apr 2007
yuuko said:
so do you go around shouting at , blackmailing and sexually harassing young girls? interesting...XD

lmao...i see your point...allow me to rephrase my last post, only half of yunoki (his fake side) is my role model...xD...
nihil said:
is that the one with glasses? oh and btw now i remember, i fell for kagura from azumanga. she's awesome~

yup yup! yomi was the one with glasses that always worried about her weight and she kinda ate a lot...but come on! where's the osaka love? :(
Jun 28, 2007 7:27 AM
Jun 2007
I don't feel most anime characters are worth obsessing over, for me, maybe Haruhi from Ouran and Spike from Cowboy Bebop
Jun 28, 2007 8:51 AM

Jan 2007
_Sakura_ said:
Ururu from Bleach, Yomi from Azumanga Daioh, Lulu from Blood+, Chika from Ai Yori Aoshi...just to name a few.

Ururu is precious, though I avoid anime Bleach at all costs. Manga <3 lol. I'm kind of surprised you didn't say Sakaki from Azumanga though, considering your icon. :-p Yomi was rather hilarious though, so I totally can't blame you.
Jun 28, 2007 10:44 AM

Mar 2007
I'm like the Queen of anime character Obsessions. You should see me on the other forum I go too. I got my own obsession thread in the Spam forum. "Oh no, Jeann has another obsession" they would say. Then I would change my name in honor of that new obsession. And I'm not obsessed with just guy characters, but girls too. My biggest one is Light Yagami from Death Note. I'll post a complete list later. *devilish fangirl grin*
Jun 28, 2007 12:03 PM

May 2007
I really liked Sakaki from Azumanga, no one else atm
Jun 28, 2007 12:09 PM

Apr 2007
All-Star said:
My biggest one is Light Yagami from Death Note.

<3
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jun 28, 2007 1:28 PM
Jun 2007
I have more obsessions than i can list here
but i always come back to one
Tendo Nabiki
I have an unnatural weakness for devious side characters
Jun 28, 2007 2:56 PM

Jun 2007
I'm obsessed with Asuka Langley Soryuu from Evangelion. I mean ob.sess.ed. I have so many pictures of her it's disgusting. That and a fueled hatred for Rei make me Asuka's number 1 fan. :)

[url=http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=327]*The Asuka Appreciation Club* Join Now![/url
Jun 28, 2007 5:40 PM

Mar 2007
nihil said:
is that the one with glasses? oh and btw now i remember, i fell for kagura from azumanga. she's awesome~

Yeah, Yomi was the "glasses-girl" :D I remember I felt soooo sorry for her when she came down sick and couldn't go to the amusement park with the other girls T_T And then Tomo kept calling her giving her updates, lol.....

the_pillows said:
but come on! where's the osaka love? :(

Osaka was cool, but to me, she just wasn't a character I'd fall for and/or be obsessed with....too crazy XD

bettynoire said:
Ururu is precious, though I avoid anime Bleach at all costs. Manga <3 lol. I'm kind of surprised you didn't say Sakaki from Azumanga though, considering your icon. :-p Yomi was rather hilarious though, so I totally can't blame you.

Holy crap, how could I forget about Sakaki!! LMAO Yeah, she was my "other" Azumanga <3, but somehow Yomi just stood out to me more than any other. And I couldn't find a Yomi avatar :P
You've come a long way, baby.
Jul 14, 2007 9:45 PM

Apr 2007
new one.
minami, from lucky star.

gee, I'm completely addicted to her right now.
lovelovelovelove~~
nihilFeb 7, 2009 9:49 PM
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jul 15, 2007 8:45 AM
Jul 2007
Well, technically of course you can fall in love with an anime character: it has a human voice, a physical appearance and it's own character. And that's all you need to love somebody, right?

I really loved Sohma Kisa once. Ooh, could have just marry her! ^.^
Jul 15, 2007 9:40 AM

Jul 2007
Nagisa Kaworu from Evangelion <3 My fave character ever OO.
Shu0chanJul 15, 2007 11:18 AM
Jul 15, 2007 10:15 AM

Apr 2007
meh. I Love Sesshomaru!!! ^^ for years now. He's so cool!! If someone has a problem with that then sue me!! Though it's nice to see others have characters they like, love, admire, etc.

And There are so many others. Just look at my favorite characters list. =^.^=

Thanks to Iri for the awesome Signature!! ^^
Jul 15, 2007 10:47 AM

Mar 2007
nihil said:
All-Star said:
My biggest one is Light Yagami from Death Note.

<3

My newest obsession!

Jul 15, 2007 11:29 AM

Apr 2007
Shu0chan said:
Nagisa Kaworu from Evangelion <3 My fave character ever OO.

hot.
Random_Baseball said:
My newest obsession!

already downloaded, i'm dying to see this.
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Jul 15, 2007 1:26 PM

Apr 2007
Haha.. if you like naru-chans personality then you will also love kazuma's in kaze no stigma.

Loved ghost hunt more than i should because of it :D
Jul 15, 2007 7:29 PM

Mar 2007
nihil said:
Random_Baseball said:
My newest obsession!

already downloaded, i'm dying to see this.

Chelle recommended it to me when I asked about the guy in her profile pic. I ended up like another character more("Naru-chan"). *lol*

ZeroKewl said:
Haha.. if you like naru-chans personality then you will also love kazuma's in kaze no stigma.

Hmmm, I'll have to check that out when I get a chance.

Not only do I like guys who think highly of them selves, but I like bad-boys, psychos, and cold blooded killers. Just look at my favorites list. *heh heh*
Jul 15, 2007 7:52 PM

Jun 2007
Random_Baseball said:

Not only do I like guys who think highly of them selves, but I like bad-boys, psychos, and cold blooded killers. Just look at my favorites list. *heh heh*

Well, I can't say too much about the psychos part (there needs to be some sanity, heehee), but all the others... yeah. *sweatdrop* Especially the bad boys. :P

Let's see, my current character obsession would probably be Naru-chan as well... and Lin. He's really grown on me~ :DDD

My ultimate favorite character will always be Kousuke from Spiral, though. He's just awesome~ And a cold-blooded killer. *snickers*
Jul 15, 2007 8:04 PM

Mar 2007
Ria said:
Let's see, my current character obsession would probably be Naru-chan as well... and Lin. He's really grown on me~ :DDD

Yeah, Lin is growing on me too. <3
Jul 21, 2007 9:04 PM

Jul 2007
belldandy from ah my goddess

cagalli from gundam seed

rei from evangelion

vanilla from galaxy angels

haruka suzumiya from kimi ga nozomu eien

love them!!!!
Jul 22, 2007 2:04 AM

Oct 2006
I remember being quite obsessed over Sagara Sousuke when I first watched FMP, other than that, it does change whenever I watch any really addictive anime in which the characters must of course, be appealing
Jul 22, 2007 4:09 AM

Jun 2007
hmm... character obsessions, can't say it hasn't happened to me. Usually when I can't get over a plot development at the end of a series.

Yakumo Tsukamoto - School Rumble

Saber - Fate/Stay Night

Kaoru Kaimya - Rurouni Kenshin: Seisouhen

Teletha "Tessa" Testarossa (Special Case)- Full Metal Panic!

Jul 22, 2007 4:41 AM

Jul 2007
Character obsession huh.. Most of the time, I don't have favourite characters when I'm watching anime because I don't feel any attachment to them, I mean it's just a story right.

But one day, when I start looking for pictures of some characters (this may seem perfectly normal for some of you but practically unheard of from me), that's when I know that these characters have affected me. It's like I'm intrigued by their personality.

Of course, naturally these characters become my favourite characters =P

Zoro from One Piece.
I like his no-nonsense but laid back attitude, inhuman strength, determination and his lack of a sense of direction is just cute. I also have a thing for swordsman. XP

Killua from HxH.
He's 12 years old and so damn cute especially in neko form. But his dark side is really interesting and to watch him embracing friendship is just beautiful. =)

Robin from Witch Hunter Robin.
She's like a confused teenager whom I can relate to. Being independent, strong, trusting others and trying to understand the changes and her perspection on life.

Saya from Blood+.
She accepts her destiny and strives to make up for her mistakes. Doesn't want anyone to get hurt and has suffered a lot. I guess I like her resilience and sense of justice.

But I must say I kinda find black haired boys cute. I dunno what's the deal with it.

Byakuya & Hagi with their long black hair.
Hei & Naru with their short black hair.
AzurielJul 22, 2007 4:45 AM
Jul 23, 2007 10:29 AM

Jul 2007
Obsessed...yes, I get very obsessed at times.
I've been obsessed with all of these at some point.(I do mean OBSESSED)
Gaara (Naruto)
Hitsugaya Toushirou (Bleach)
Seto Kaiba (Yu-Gi-Oh)
Galden (Ryu Knight)
Xellos (Slayers)
Yafuri Chao (Black Blood Brothers)
Kouga (Inuyasha)
Hayato Gokudera (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)
Hibari Kyoya (KHR^)
Ootori Kyouya (Ouran high host club)
Um, yeah. And more. ^-^'

Jul 23, 2007 11:16 AM

Jul 2007
Teresa of the Faint Smile from Claymore and I wouldnt say in love I just like her a lot, those two episodes that she aired in were awsem
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

62 by Alpha_1_Zero »»
4 minutes ago

» Early-mid 2000s anime – what are your thoughts?

Haneken2086 - Yesterday

13 by _FRB_ »»
7 minutes ago

» Is it weird that I wish strong female characters would get sad ending?

Sanjay63773 - 7 minutes ago

0 by Sanjay63773 »»
7 minutes ago

» Anime Misandry ( 1 2 3 )

ColourWheel - Apr 21

105 by Piromysl »»
16 minutes ago

» Has the isekai bubble finally burst

EastIndiaCompany - Yesterday

41 by CheesyJen »»
26 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.