Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 26, 2007 8:47 AM

Nov 2004
Just watched this so I added it to our database. I'm not sure whether they will continue making these, so I set it as finished airing with 2 episodes. If there are more to come I'll make the changes.

Just in case you are not aware, this is short special featuring the cast of Gundam Seed in SD (super deformed, chibi) form. It's based on the popular Seed Club, a 4coma comic with chibi Seed characters doing all sorts of things (lots of running jokes in the Seed fandom appear here, like how Kira pwns Shinn way too much or as seen in this special, how Yzak always gets the short end of the stick).

You can find the two parts of this special on Youtube (unsubbed, but you can get the gist of what is going on even if you don't understand Japanese, but with my non-existent meager understanding of Japanese I was able to understand most of the lines). Not sure if I can post the YouTube links directly, think it goes against our forum rules. Well, if you search for "Seed Supernova - Tanekyara Gekijo" you should be able to find it (there is a 1 and a 2). If not, alternatively you can go to this thread to get the links.

Wonder if anyone will sub this. :D I wasn't sure what to officially call this in our database, so I putted it as Mini Seed for now.
Jun 26, 2007 9:22 AM

Apr 2007
That was hilarious. It reminded me of the Maria-sama ga Miteru omake which also had chibi characters from the series doing funny things. The first episode was easy to pick up and very funny. The second however had a lot more talking and harder to follow.

I hope somebody does sub it. It's only a few minutes per clip so it shouldn't be a huge undertaking.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 26, 2007 1:17 PM

Jan 2007
Wow, thanks for pointing this out. I don't think I would have found it if I hadn't seen this thread.
And I think the full title is something along the lines of Seed Supernova - Tanekyara Gekijo, so I think it'd make sense to at least tack that second part on. Mini Seed sounds fine to me tho'.

Anyway, I watched the first one, and it was hilarious. I understood most of it, thankfully. I hope I have the same luck with the second.

Now off to watch it.
Jun 28, 2007 7:24 AM

Nov 2004
I decided to make it Seed Supernova: Tanekyara Gekijo! And a second DVD has been announced for the Seed fandisc. Yay, more chibi goodness. :D So I make it currently airing.
Jun 28, 2007 5:16 PM

Jan 2007
Awesome, looking forward to it.
Jul 8, 2007 11:26 AM

Jul 2007
*random* This was actually subbed not too long ago...*/end random*

These were soo cute, and I can't wait to see more!!! <3

Aug 13, 2007 5:13 PM
Jul 2007
I thought it was cute seeing them in chibi form. There is also a World Wide Seed special that shows Gundam Seed in different languages and adds comments. I haven't seen the subbed version, nor do I know Japanese, but it was interesting to watch.

EDIT: found the website for the Fan Disc

http://www.xg-seed.net/supernova/index.html
mistress_reebiAug 13, 2007 5:33 PM
Jun 16, 2009 7:46 PM
Aug 2008
I've watched it but there was the part when they showed Gil's text... what was on it?!
May 8, 2013 9:41 PM

Nov 2011
Seed Character Theater!

Wtf lol. Lmao @ Cagalli and that weapon. Ridiculous/5.
Nov 30, 2018 5:01 AM
May 2017
Where can i watch this?

More topics from this board

Poll: » Seed Supernova: Tanekyara Gekijo Episode 2 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 5, 2010

3 by Sol_Ou »»
Mar 20, 2020 4:21 PM

Poll: » Seed Supernova: Tanekyara Gekijo Episode 3 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 5, 2010

1 by LeonhartAugust »»
Feb 21, 2019 6:54 PM

Poll: » Seed Supernova: Tanekyara Gekijo Episode 4 Discussion

gohdan - Oct 5, 2010

3 by Swiggy »»
Dec 10, 2015 12:19 AM

» Episodes 3-4 the end?

Hamel - Oct 8, 2007

1 by Ceray »»
Oct 11, 2007 2:37 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.