Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Betrayal Knows My Name
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 13, 2010 1:06 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

(If someone wants to discuss the manga, put it under spoilers.)

Main points of the episode:

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, TSUKUMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 13, 2010 1:13 PM

Dec 2009
Good to see the plot kicking in..
Jun 13, 2010 2:37 PM

Dec 2009
Tsukumo!

At least they showed hospital monitoring equipment in the preview...
Jun 13, 2010 2:56 PM

Jun 2009
.............im speec hless tsukumo cant die please tell me he is still alive
Jun 13, 2010 5:13 PM

Nov 2007
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jun 13, 2010 5:16 PM

Aug 2009
They are really skipping parts of the manga, it's not my impression but it doesn't bother me, I'm not missing what was cut. We are almost in the end of volume 03, just for the records.

I liked this episode, I think things were well explained.

Hotsuma is too cute. I love him so much and I felt sorry for him because he wanted to look for Shuusei and he couldn't.

I'll wait anxiously for the next episode. We're getting closer to my fav part of story <3
Jun 13, 2010 6:30 PM

Nov 2007
Damnit! Why must anime shows always attempt to kill off my favourite characters? D: And why couldn't it have been Toko? She's annoying and useless. Bah. Hopefully Yuki was good for something and his necklace saved Tsukomo.
Jun 13, 2010 7:31 PM
Nov 2008
interesting episode... can't wait to find out what happens next.
Jun 13, 2010 9:05 PM
Dec 2009
First Shuusei, now Tsukumo, they sure do like screwing with the good characters. As stated beforehand, thank god for the heart-rate monitor thing in the preview (I always have to watch the previews twice, once to look at the pictures and another to pay attention to the nonsense from the characters)

But um, what was going on with Yuki and Luka's outfits this week? A turtleneck at a time like this Yuki, seriously? ...
Jun 14, 2010 1:18 AM

Dec 2007
noooo Tsukumo >o<
Jun 14, 2010 6:36 AM

Apr 2008
I am just glad they are starting to show more of the other characters rather than just Yuki and Luka because those two just really get on my nerves lol. Shuusei and Hotsuma are probably my favorite characters.
SevenJun 14, 2010 6:41 AM
Jun 14, 2010 7:43 AM

Dec 2008
Did Ashley really kill Shusei? Is he really dead? Oh, I hope not!! I don't think Tsukomo is dead. I think he's just badly injured. I believe Yuki's charm protected him.
Jun 14, 2010 9:04 AM

Sep 2009
for me this episode was OK,but only OK... maybe the next episode will be better :P
<I hope so>
AnimeMama said:
Did Ashley really kill Shusei? Is he really dead? Oh, I hope not!! I don't think Tsukomo is dead. I think he's just badly injured. I believe Yuki's charm protected him.

I also think that he's just injured ^^
Jun 14, 2010 9:52 AM
Jun 2010
interested episode. I still don't feel the story, I hope there'll be something interesting next week cuz I'm not impressed by this show...

Jun 14, 2010 12:56 PM
Jan 2008
OMG, do they hate my favorite characters or something >.<
First Shuusei that disappeared and now Tsukumo T__T One more cry for Tsukumo so he will be okay.
I don't want him to die T^T I like him .__.
Jun 14, 2010 4:09 PM

Feb 2009
no no no no no NO.

The murder of beautiful bishonens is UNACCEPTABLE. Bring Tsukumo back!

Jun 14, 2010 5:31 PM

Jul 2009
I was supposed to spend today finishing up homework, and instead got sucked in by all the bishies. /SIGH

I'm really loving this series so far. It might be completely overflowing with fanservice and drama, but damn, it does it well. This is also one of the few series where really none of the characters annoy me. I know a lot of people had a problem with Yuki (more so in the beginning, I'm assuming); The series really did start off giving us the impression he was going to be a raging Gary-Stu, but that seems to have lessened a bit. I never had a problem with him in the first place, really, so I've just been sitting back and enjoying it :)

Obviously I'm completely eating up all the shounen-ai "under"-tones, just as the creators intended, but I'm just wondering - why make all these "shounen-ai but not" series when they're obviously attracting BL fans? It's like they're trying to comply with everyone's needs, even people who hate BL, but seriously..if you can't stand shounen-ai, you are not going to be watching (or enjoying) this series. So..why not appease the rest of us and just go ahead and have them kiss already?
(Well, maybe I'm assuming this without enough evidence..I've never read the manga so I have no idea if that will or won't happen. It just seems to give off the same vibes as other series I've seen that ended up never going anywhere in terms of relationships.)

And the drama. Man, there hasn't been a lapse in it since the first episode. I hear the manga has a lot more comedy and light-hearted moments, and I (along with many others, apparently) wish they had kept a little more of it. Still, the sometimes over-the-top..ness doesn't really bother me a lot. Most of it hasn't been too ridiculous.

As for this episode specifically..I refuse to believe either Tsukumo or Shuusei are dead. I really can't see either of them being killed off this early in the series. Still, pretty good episode.
Is it just me, or did the eye that Tsukumo saw (and then wanted to tell everyone who Reiga was) look a lot like Luka's? I mean, I've been assuming Kanata is Reiga..but when I saw that scene I couldn't remember what his eyes looked like.
Hoping to see some more Yuki/Luka scenes in the near future. Luka's been pretty absent as of late.

(Also, Sodom = a black pikachu with wings. I'm sure someone has already said it. But jesus.)
Jun 14, 2010 6:45 PM

Sep 2007
The series isn't even halfway through yet and they're already "killing off" major characters o___O

I hope Yuki actually becomes useful and awesome like they're treating him...(and maybe pull some "revival miracles" or something) otherwise I won't forgive em for killing the two off....
(My avatar is an original creation-please don't take it)
Jun 14, 2010 7:00 PM

Dec 2009
I still don't think anybody's dead....

Somebody is in the hosptial next week, and my bet is Tsukumo.
Jun 14, 2010 7:10 PM
Jun 2010
Nadistu said:
The series isn't even halfway through yet and they're already "killing off" major characters o___O

I hope Yuki actually becomes useful and awesome like they're treating him...(and maybe pull some "revival miracles" or something) otherwise I won't forgive em for killing the two off....

reincarnation maybe :D since it's the main theme of this serie.

Jun 15, 2010 2:09 AM
Sep 2009
I hated to see how Ashley stabbed Shusei....
Shusei and Hotsuma are way to important at this moment, so I don't think the anime producers will let one of them be killed. I like them both very much:)

And poor Tsukumo... I was suprised he lost the battle.
Jun 15, 2010 7:02 AM

Jun 2008
hum...so many people here are saying Tsukumo is dead...
hum okay guys lets think it this way:
HE wasn't killed.he didnt see him dead did we? he was shot, probably is badly injured, which is different. in the preview we clearly see medical equipment.
do you really think they would kill a main chara already? i dont think so. if he was dead than Yuki´s amulet necklace sucks because it didnt protected him or helped in anything. Which would mean that Yuki is useless:P

attention big manga spoiler, don't click if you dont want to be spoiled:

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Jun 15, 2010 7:39 AM

Aug 2008
Yeah...I really don't think anyone is dead either. Since last episode ended on Shusei disappearing, and they quickly did away with that thought on this episode, I'll reserve judgment. Still, not a bad episode at all.
Jun 15, 2010 9:53 AM

Jun 2009
if shusei is really dead hotsume wont live on by himself soo he would be gone too
and tsukumo doesnt look alive in the last minutes too me if hes really dead then one of my top three are gone if they will kill hotsuma and luka too i stop watching for sure besides i really totaslly hate reigas=Kanatas voice
Jun 15, 2010 11:53 AM

Dec 2009
Kannei said:
... i really totaslly hate reigas=Kanatas voice

Haha, Ishida Akira is my favourite VA ♥

I personally don't think that Shusei or even Tsukumo are dead.

Anyway the episode was good. The previous one was better, but this one had Reiga in it! (I'm a shallow fangirl) And I'm really curious about Reiga's connection to Takashiro and the whole clan and what happened in the past.
Jun 15, 2010 2:25 PM

May 2008
Noooo, Tsukumo!
Ok, I don't think they would kill a major character just like that, but still poor Tsukumo. However he recognized Raiga there, so I wonder when will it be exposed to Yuki~
Jun 16, 2010 6:54 PM

Apr 2009
DarcyD said:
no no no no no NO.

The murder of beautiful bishonens is UNACCEPTABLE. Bring Tsukumo back!

This ^ & ...
is Yuki's charm actually useful?
I saw Tsukumo holding it in the last scenes and expected it to do something magical but I didn't...
I hope it's good for something and heals him :/
Jun 17, 2010 2:37 PM

Jul 2009
yamakasi said:
Damnit! Why must anime shows always attempt to kill off my favourite characters? D: And why couldn't it have been Toko? She's annoying and useless. Bah. Hopefully Yuki was good for something and his necklace saved Tsukomo.

Totally agree. How could the end the episode like that! God my heart is aching.
-Jenn
Jun 18, 2010 3:26 AM

Mar 2010
First Shusuei, now Tsukumo..:(((
I don't understand why Yuki is so important and they have to sacrifice those two to keep him.It's frustrating.But i really don't think that they are dead, because if they were killed from the 10th episode, the war against the opasts could be as well over.
Jun 19, 2010 9:32 AM

May 2010
I don't think those two mains will be killed so early... Perhaps very later somehow.
Tsukumo somehow will survive, perhaps Yuki will heal him or something?
But I doubt if they are both dead.
Jun 22, 2010 1:29 PM

May 2009
This episode was made of win. The ending was awesome. I still can't get over how great the visuals are at times.
Jul 4, 2010 10:26 PM

Jan 2010
KillingPatience said:
First Shuusei, now Tsukumo, they sure do like screwing with the good characters.

Exactly. If either of these characters die, that means any other character have the oppurtunity to die, too. Hope it doesn't end up like that..
Jul 6, 2010 10:34 AM

Apr 2009
Abbyrose said:
I am just glad they are starting to show more of the other characters rather than just Yuki and Luka because those two just really get on my nerves lol. Shuusei and Hotsuma are probably my favorite characters.

^

Also, killing off major characters already? o.o Don't think so...the protective charms will turn out to really have protecting power, probably. Or something.

And um, am I the only one that thinks Reiga was Takashiro's Zweilt and is related to Luka? xD
- If you believe this place holds you, it is a prison.
If you do not wish to leave, it will become a fortress.

Current icon:
Kusuriuri from Mononoke
by pana (LJ username)
Jul 13, 2010 4:58 PM

Aug 2009
alwaysbored said:
Good to see the plot kicking in..

Exact same feeling.

Why are all of the main characters getting killed in the middle of the season though?! O.o
I guess Yuki will bring them back somehow or sth...
“In a mad world, only the mad are sane.”Akira Kurosawa
Jul 15, 2010 11:13 AM

May 2008
God I wish Ashley would just DIE already.

And poor Tsukumo DD: Wtf man...nooo.....I don't think he's dead but...jeez..

Jul 19, 2010 6:46 AM

Jan 2009
nooo Tsukumo, i got such a sad / Bad felling whene i saw he got shot, Tsukumo is my Fav in this show, he cant die. But great episode.
Edward Elric <3 Lavi <3 Fai. D Flourite <3 Shizu-Chan <3 Sause Uchiha ! <33
http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=11018 - FMAB fan club. for thoses who wants to join ^^

Aug 5, 2010 2:05 PM

Mar 2010
2 people died its more realistic then everyone staying alive like other series

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Apr 24, 2011 2:49 AM

May 2010
Tsukumoooo T.T
Mar 6, 2013 10:11 AM

Jan 2012
why they deviated from the plot?
Aug 17, 2013 3:18 AM

Jan 2008
Ashley is really annoying but other then that i dont think that either of them id dead though. Hope this turns out to be a good show.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 5 Discussion

SephiriAzure - May 9, 2010

47 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 18, 10:53 AM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 4 Discussion

The_Punisher - May 2, 2010

37 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 17, 3:17 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 2 Discussion

starrysky - Apr 18, 2010

48 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 16, 2:35 PM

Poll: » Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

ShanaFlame - Apr 9, 2010

79 by ThatWheatFlour »»
Mar 16, 1:55 PM

» Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitteiru 2nd season???

meowskie - Sep 20, 2010

21 by misscherie »»
Nov 1, 2023 12:42 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.