Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 14, 2010 12:32 PM

Aug 2008
Lol, really like where this is progressing. I never thought I'd like yamada and Inami so much. On the contrary, Poplar, who was cute in the beginning, is now starting to be annoying with her crossdressing fantasies. Definitely can't wait for the next episode, and here's hoping for another season!

Thanks, person who gave me this on another site a long time ago, lol.
Jun 14, 2010 12:43 PM
Jun 2010
wtf, for a non-romance serie, the development between characters is way better than another certain romance serie :)

poor magic hand btw :/

Jun 14, 2010 12:57 PM

Oct 2007
"That sounded so pedo!"

xD
Jun 14, 2010 5:06 PM

Feb 2009
'Stuck in this one-sided love forever.'

My favorite part, I loooove Saitou. Yamada's okay though, I guess. I was really under the impression that Poplar loved Takanashi though.

Jun 14, 2010 6:00 PM

Feb 2009
I don't know if Takanashi is a nice guy or is it because he is surrounded by women.
Jun 14, 2010 6:22 PM

Mar 2009
DarcyD said:

My favorite part, I loooove Saitou. Yamada's okay though, I guess. I was really under the impression that Poplar loved Takanashi though.
DarcyD said:

My favorite part, I loooove Saitou. Yamada's okay though, I guess. I was really under
the impression that Poplar loved Takanashi though.

Hehe she may be hiding it! ;) Anyway, fun episode... you never know what's going happen next week especially its Poplar focused! :D Can't wait and only 2 to go! :( Second Season Please! :) --- Randy
Jun 14, 2010 8:25 PM

Jan 2008
"When I looked at the rear-view mirror in my car, I saw a headless woman" - Durarara!! reference and seiyuu joke? = awesome.

Did anyone else notice the girl with red half-rim glasses and long black hair that didn't have any lines around 11:47? Apparently her name is Maya Matsumoto, from looking at the character list. She was wearing a waitress uniform so that would mean she worked there, but I don't believe she was ever introduced in any earlier episodes, was she? Or is she just supposed to be that character no one ever notices or pays any attention too except for the viewers playing a game of Finding Waldo? She's even in the main picture on this site but really small and in the center, thus barely noticeable. I think she's too good looking just to be a filler character. It's such a waste. It would have been better to not put her in anime at all if they're not going to utilize her character's story (that's if there is any).
Estoy_GordoJun 14, 2010 8:30 PM
Jun 14, 2010 9:54 PM

Jan 2010
I am most worried about Satou and Todoroki. Wish they wouldn't remain in this one-sided relationship for ever.
Jun 14, 2010 10:16 PM

May 2008
I don't really trust the "next episode previews" anymore, since the last one made us think this episode would focus mainly on Satou and Yachio, but instead half of it was Yamada and Inami's sleepover at the Takanashi residence. Thus, I'm guessing we'll have a decent chunk of next episode devoted to wrapping this all up.

It's hard to tell if Working!! will have a season 2 or not. Mostly I'd think it depends on the overall popularity of the series, and how much more content they can put into another season. If they're anywhere near tapped right now, they probably shouldn't. No one wants to watch a second season with too little content. *coughHaruhicough*

As far as I can tell, the anime is not following the manga storylines (a feature I am actually pleased about), so I think it depends on where they want to leave the character's relationships. But then again, I don't know if TakanashixInami and SoutaxYachiyo will remain entertaining for another entire season. We'll just have to wait and see. Still, even if it does end, the ride was worth it.

I'm pretty sure life is a tsundere...
Jun 14, 2010 10:47 PM
Apr 2009
Takanashi's smirk at the very end was priceless, ha!

I was completely shocked when she snapped it in half!!
Jun 14, 2010 11:05 PM

Dec 2008
If I didn't love Yamada before, I do now xD She made this episode work and without her, it would definitely not be the same.

Good episode and I laughed more than last episode. It was a good mix of things going on with a little bit of everyone rather than focusing almost solely on Inami x Takanashi. I was a little distressed when Inami snapped the Magic Hand, though...but maybe Takanashi will tape it back together? xD

4kicks said:
"When I looked at the rear-view mirror in my car, I saw a headless woman" - Durarara!! reference and seiyuu joke? = awesome.

WOW, I totally failed to clue in on that one o_o;
AeternaJun 14, 2010 11:08 PM
Jun 14, 2010 11:36 PM

Jan 2010
I seriously thought poplar was going to confess.
Jun 14, 2010 11:43 PM

May 2010
I don't know wether I was relieved or sad that Poplar was actually in love with the female Takanashi. Can't blame her though- *shot*
Still, it was fun for a quick laugh and a good way to start the episode.

Sadly, we didn't get to see much backstory on Yachiyo and Jun's history in Wagnaria. Would've been nice to see more of how Jun and Yachiyo slowly got to befriend one another. Also, Kyoko looks sexy with long hair.

As for the ghost story plot, hilarious. I was already laughing out loud when the camera slowly zoomed out, revealing a frightened Poplar clinging on Inami's arm. We also get a few nice scenes between Inami and Takanashi but not much happens. The closing scene was hilarious.

All in all, a decent episode but sadly, not one of the best. Not much progression and again, Poplar was left out for majority of the episode. Oh well, atleast I saw more of Yamada here which is great.

Looking forward for the next episode and hopes for a second season. I'll be crossing my fingers.
Jun 15, 2010 1:10 AM

Apr 2010
yay WORKING!!
In the first 3 episodes I thought that they were going to overstrech the whole Inami and her manphobia and ruin the anime but thankfully! they havent and its soooo much fun xD
Lol at scary stories X)
Jun 15, 2010 3:08 AM

Jun 2009
Though this was a great episode, Yamada is really coming into her own as a character now, she's really helped inject some variety into the storylines. Didn't buy the Poplar 'confession' for a minute, there's no way they could have made her like Takanashi out of nowhere...

As ever, I loved the Takanashi x Inami moments, especially Inami's nerves at asking if Takanashi would still talk to her.

Also found Nazuna walking around half-asleep to be quite cute, but was amused to see that she does have some characteristics of an elementary school student!

Jun 15, 2010 3:50 AM
Jun 15, 2010 6:58 AM

Jan 2010
Honestly guys, it was more than obvious that Poplar's "confession" has to be something else. Aren't you already used to the way comedy anime work?
Jun 15, 2010 8:06 AM

May 2008
werr-y said:
Honestly guys, it was more than obvious that Poplar's "confession" has to be something else. Aren't you already used to the way comedy anime work?

CraigTheOtaku said:
Didn't buy the Poplar 'confession' for a minute, there's no way they could have made her like Takanashi out of nowhere...

Thank you, I had forgotten to mention it. I totally agree, not only is that totally out of character for her, but she admitted that she wasn't "in love" with girl-mode Takanashi, but that she looked up to "her" as the ideal woman she wanted to be. Because, let's face it, Takanashi makes a pretty fantastic female.

Jun 15, 2010 8:29 AM

Aug 2008
Ichijo_feast said:
It's hard to tell if Working!! will have a season 2 or not. Mostly I'd think it depends on the overall popularity of the series, and how much more content they can put into another season.
Sales looks good, show is likable so probably we can expect sequel in two or so seasons.
Aeterna said:
4kicks said:

WOW, I totally failed to clue in on that one o_o;
Oh yeah because headless women are drrr original concept... You're over thinking it.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 15, 2010 9:00 AM

May 2008
Antanaru said:
Ichijo_feast said:
It's hard to tell if Working!! will have a season 2 or not. Mostly I'd think it depends on the overall popularity of the series, and how much more content they can put into another season.
Sales looks good, show is likable so probably we can expect sequel in two or so seasons.

Yeah, it's true these kinds of comedy animes seem favored for sequels. Some of them more deserving than others. (How Minami-ke has gotten 4 seasons I will never understand...)

If there is a next season, I'm hoping for Maya to be an actual character, and storylines explaining why Yamada ran away from home, and how in the world Kyokou became the manager of Wagnaria.

Jun 15, 2010 10:07 AM

Aug 2008
Actually I find leaving out Maya as truly minor character with no contribution to the plot whatsoever kind of refreshing. You wouldn't expect character like co-worker etc. to work be just a silent "background" ;]

As for Kyouko I think she might have unintentionally frightened away previous manager or something like that.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Jun 15, 2010 10:51 AM

Oct 2007
The sad thing is, there is only 2 more episodes to go -_-

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Jun 15, 2010 1:39 PM

Jul 2009
I wish this show was funny.
Jun 15, 2010 1:41 PM

May 2010
^ I think he likes this anime.
Jun 15, 2010 5:07 PM

Apr 2009
Old maid = sex.
Jun 15, 2010 11:37 PM

Aug 2008
To think I was going to write this off from the first episode. This was definitely one of the more satisfying shows this season. Another good episode down the drain. Such a shame when it all ends. And I was sure Mahiru was going to break Souta's arm.
Jun 16, 2010 2:43 AM

May 2010
^ Yup.

And somehow, I've developed neck fetish when watching this series... I'm that low of a person.
Jun 16, 2010 4:03 AM

Jun 2009
- Aoi. o/
- Popura. |o|
- Nazuna! <3
- Aoi. o/
- Card game. xd

Good episode, like always. This is definitely one of better shows of this season. Shame that only 2 episodes left.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Jun 16, 2010 4:43 AM

Feb 2010
Im starting to enjoy Yamada's opening dialogues lol
Jun 16, 2010 6:06 AM

Dec 2007
Good episode as always, Yamada just grew on me even more. Play old maid was awesome too xD. More Mahiru/Takanashi moments are always nice though poor magic hand it got broken v.v. Working has been one of my favorites of the season, too bad there's only 2 episodes left.
Jun 16, 2010 8:04 AM

May 2008
Well, the magic hand had to retire sometime. They sort of stopped in the middle of a scenario there... Wonder if they will reconsider picking it back up next episode. Apparently Yamada knows what a girl and a boy do when they are alone.. play old maid.

I agree that Poplar has not had a lot of airtime at all, and i welcome it as long as it is well implemented. The beginning almost trapped me into believing...no pun intended... ^.^
Yes,This show receives my seal of approval for a second season. *stamp*
Jun 16, 2010 12:53 PM

Jul 2008
gee, what could two young people, a boy and a girl, be doing behind a closed door? obviously playing cards! lol
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Jun 16, 2010 4:05 PM

Jul 2009
I loved this episode~^-^
im just glad inami knows that she loves Takanashi, and its not like an annoying "do i love him or not?" kind of series x.x
I loveee his sister to btw, she adds a lot of comedy into the series xD
Jun 16, 2010 6:39 PM

Jun 2008
This anime has slowly been getting better with every episode.
Jun 16, 2010 6:54 PM

Jul 2009
alexcampos said:
This anime has slowly been getting better with every episode.
I totally agree ^-^ the more i watch the more i get addicted<3
Jun 16, 2010 7:06 PM

Nov 2006
i love this show so much.
Jun 17, 2010 1:36 AM
Jul 2009
I get such a kick out of this show. It has become steadily better over the last 5 episodes. Enough so for me to change the tentative 7 to an 8...for now.
Jun 17, 2010 2:41 PM

Sep 2008
I just love Yamada's voice. Her cuteness was amplified when she went to the house; she was totally like a cat. <3
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 17, 2010 8:36 PM

Jun 2010
Depending on how Angel Beats ends, this is the series that deserves a second season the most (maybe Arakawa...... .)
Jun 18, 2010 4:57 AM

Mar 2010

So Kawiiii :)
Jun 18, 2010 5:01 AM

May 2010
SkyFade said:
Depending on how Angel Beats ends, this is the series that deserves a second season the most (maybe Arakawa...... .)

So you meant that you'd like Angel Beats to have a 2nd season, huh? Took me an hour to figure that...
Jun 18, 2010 9:55 AM
Nov 2008
This anime is so random and so lovely.
Jun 18, 2010 10:04 PM
May 2008
Still loving it just as much as when the series started... sadly it will have to end, but I still have the manga!!!
Dead Account
Please Delete
Jun 20, 2010 2:33 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Oh. My. God.

This episode was so epically hilarious that I laughed tears. So funny, absolutely cute and fun to watch. So awesome it's almost indescribable.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 20, 2010 2:34 AM

Feb 2008
Jun 20, 2010 5:11 AM

Oct 2008
OMG, Magic Hand! What has she done to you? ROFL

Seriously, with 2 more episodes to go, I hope we find a satisfying ending, like what happened in B Gata H Kei (even if it was foreseen, I still laughed out loud!) =D
Jun 21, 2010 2:09 AM

Jun 2008
Jacut said:
Kanade-chan said:
aw~ poor magic hand >o<

Yep, I was quite sad for the magic hand when I saw this too. Well, it will probably be profitable to Inami and Takanashi in the end :)

My shock from the loss was unparalleled

Second part of the episode was good.
I know the feeling. What a disappointment. Yamada's stupid innocent smile made the scene very funny though .
Jun 21, 2010 2:44 AM

Jul 2008
Yamada and Kozue made this episode enjoyable for me lol.

Also, who is the waitress in the glasses?
Jun 21, 2010 4:15 AM

Jan 2009
Still getting better, and still being way better than I thought when I started on it~
entropy13 said:
The magic hand had more air time than Poplar? lol
The magic hand is better.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 26, 2010 8:35 AM

Jan 2010
Anyone else squeeled when Inami grabbed Takanashi's arm when she was scared? 8D
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Working!! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

guyklc - May 2, 2010

114 by chiwila »»
Apr 17, 5:07 AM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

francismeunier - Apr 11, 2010

173 by MR-Isekai »»
Jan 7, 12:29 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsubasalover - Jun 27, 2010

267 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 8:18 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Jakeki - May 9, 2010

131 by Illyasviel »»
Apr 18, 2023 1:43 PM

Poll: » Working!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Nakei - Mar 6, 2010

238 by FZREMAKE »»
Apr 12, 2023 3:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.