Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fullmetal Alchemist
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jun 13, 2010 12:35 AM

Oct 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
father has succeeded in activating the nationwide transmutation circle . He has literally pulled down GOD (truth) from the heavens . HAs he won?......
lafuria_suxJun 13, 2010 12:49 AM
Jun 13, 2010 12:38 AM

Dec 2009
Great. Another firstfag. Congrats dude.

Jun 13, 2010 1:28 AM

Jul 2007
Great episode.

Nice to see Kimbley scene being done justice.

Although I did miss on if it did end with the cliffhanger or no.

Oh and please don't call the OP firstfag. He's obviously not a firstfag. Firstfags start stuf and troll stuff. This one falls into Homo Atentionwhorius species.
Jun 13, 2010 1:30 AM

Oct 2009
Opening and ending were great. The middle of the episode stuff definitely not as much. Last episode is still probably far more 'epic' than this one. So really, that "5 of 5: Epic Stuff" was stupid. 'Cause I'm not even going to say this was epic to begin with.

Next episodes should be awesome though. And hey, that message after the episode preview had an English message "don't miss the last 3 episodes".
Jun 13, 2010 1:33 AM
Oct 2008
So they animated both chapters 105 and 106 in this episode?
LeopardJun 13, 2010 1:43 AM
Jun 13, 2010 1:44 AM

Oct 2009
Just checked the manga; And yes, this episode is 105 and almost all of 106. They're really pushing the action parts short to have more time for the ending I think.
Jun 13, 2010 2:04 AM

Oct 2008
Yoshimichi kameda has stood out again , wit his work (scar vs bradley) for this episode .
This episode was rushed . But it was great . (much more epic than the previous episode) Keyhole gave me a few problems though . (my first time trying it) .

I wonder how bones is gonna pace the next 3 episodes . Seriously . They have less than 3 chapters to animate in 3 episodes .
I predict lots of filler stuff in 63/64
Jun 13, 2010 3:40 AM

Jul 2008
If they add additional scenes to ending of FMA, then I am all for it. After all, some characters lacked screentime at the end of the manga.
Jun 13, 2010 5:27 AM

Apr 2008
Jun 13, 2010 6:28 AM
Aug 2009
Hmmm, three episodes for two and a half chapters. They had to sacrifice Chapters 105 and 106 to do it, but at least the final two chapters will be okay in Anime format.

It looks like next episode will cover "THE SCENE" in Chapter 107, according to the preview. I really don't get it. At this point, they could probably cover the rest of the series in 63 episodes. But my guess is that they'll end 62 at "THE SCENE", have 63 cover the epic stuff in 108, and dedicate 64 solely to the aftermath and epilogue.
Jun 13, 2010 6:31 AM

Nov 2007
Now that was a short-lived throne wasnt it? XD

kinda have mixed thoughts about King Bradley going out "satisfied" and somewhat peacefully... Dunno, he is the bad guy of the series but just like all other homunculi I kinda feel sad for him.

3 Episodes to go! 0_0

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Jun 13, 2010 7:29 AM
Apr 2008
Interesting. Now waiting for the subs tomorrow!

kimatg said:
kinda have mixed thoughts about King Bradley going out "satisfied" and somewhat peacefully... Dunno, he is the bad guy of the series but just like all other homunculi I kinda feel sad for him.

Couldn't say more. His life have been "interesting & fulfilling" for him as a king.

So we'll see the end of 107 at episode 63, I believe?
Jun 13, 2010 8:43 AM
Mar 2010
Nice turn I thought he totally raped everyone
Jun 13, 2010 10:01 AM

Jan 2009
The rushing made it kinda confusing. This God power of Father is just weird right now. So he has the powers, just not the body to properly contain it?
Jun 13, 2010 10:07 AM

Oct 2008
He has loads and loads of power , but doesn't have the power required to hold that much power in him :) :) . . .
He doesn't have the power to keep TRUTH inside him anymore .
And for ppl who don't know . . Tmd has released a subbed version :)
lafuria_suxJun 13, 2010 10:17 AM
Jun 13, 2010 10:16 AM

Dec 2009
Fai said:
Great episode.

Nice to see Kimbley scene being done justice.

Although I did miss on if it did end with the cliffhanger or no.

Oh and please don't call the OP firstfag. He's obviously not a firstfag. Firstfags start stuf and troll stuff. This one falls into Homo Atentionwhorius species.

Firstfag means you post before the shit even finishes. He based his "discussion" on the previous episode. You're a first fag too.

silent_killer said:
The main reason for me to create this thread earlier this time around is to prevent POLL INNOVATIONS & BASHING :) SRY GUYS/GALS

and please don't post anythin before the episode has finished airing in its country of origin . I'm sorry about the inconvenience caused .

LAWL. Hypocrite.
DeviantKaosJun 13, 2010 10:20 AM

Jun 13, 2010 11:20 AM

Nov 2008
the kimblee scene was done beautifully! :D that was a good episode....next one should end with THAT scene :)
Jun 13, 2010 11:34 AM

Dec 2009
this...is...amazing...
Jun 13, 2010 11:38 AM

Apr 2010
Wow. Kimbley comes out of nowhere! Scar nullifies the power of the philosophers stone. 3 episodes left!
Jun 13, 2010 11:53 AM

Oct 2009
so... the last episode was all End of Evangelion and now is Rebuild of Eva 2? wow, but still, FMA was created by God itself!

also...
Great. Another firstfag. Congrats dude.

This one falls into Homo Atentionwhorius species.

...what the fuck is this faggotry???

Vrrrrroooooooommmm!
Jun 13, 2010 12:03 PM

Dec 2008
Great episode just what I expected :) Yea the next episode should show "that scene" and then we will get onto Chapter 108 somewhere in between 63 and 64 I think....idk how they are putting them together I am just guessing
My Favorite Anime/Manga:

FMA (I support Royai and EdWin!)
Soul Eater
Bleach
Naruto

"It's bad enough he is useless on rainy days" Riza from FMA

Jun 13, 2010 12:14 PM

Jul 2008
This was really... amazing...
Jun 13, 2010 12:18 PM

Oct 2008
I'm expecting 64 to cover only the after battle epilogue . .
Episode 62 will end at that scene (most probably) .
episode 63 might end wit the conclusion of the father versus good guys fight .
episode 64 might have provide us wit an extended conclusion to the series . .
Jun 13, 2010 12:33 PM
Jul 2018
This episode was the definition of dopeness!
Jun 13, 2010 12:50 PM
Oct 2009
wow, so hohenheim did have a reason to be traveling around afterall. That was amazing, to set up the counterattack right in the middle of Father's circle without him noticing.
Jun 13, 2010 1:02 PM

Dec 2008
Didn't expect to see Kimblee back at all. That was unexpected.
How long would it take to earn 50 million yen, Karasawa? - Katsuya
No longer than it would take to get to the bank, provided I have a gun. -Karasawa
I'm through talking with you. -Katsuya
Jun 13, 2010 1:04 PM

Oct 2008
I suppose I'll 5 this episode, though I'm somewhat disappointed at the condensing of several scenes (you can just tell they hadn't thought they were getting the 64th episode at this point).

Despite the speedy pacing, however, the animation was wonderful. My only other complaint was the (second) use of the OP theme for that scene; I just don't think it was fitting. I have much higher hopes for the next three eps though. Bring it on.
Jun 13, 2010 1:12 PM

Aug 2008
kimatg said:
Now that was a short-lived throne wasnt it? XD

3 Episodes to go! 0_0

I have mixed feelings about Bradley as well, on one hand you dislike him for being so cruel, yet on the other hand, sometimes you get this inkling he might just like humans a bit. You wonder if he could have turned out slightly different.

But OH BOY will that guy NOT DIE. They had to CHOP OFF BOTH HIS ARMS. And even then, he still only lost 'cuz the sunlight reflected into his only good remaining eye

suigetsu00 said:
the kimblee scene was done beautifully! :D that was a good episode....next one should end with THAT scene :)

I loved that scene too!

Father sure didn't get to play "God" for very long, slighty dissapointed how short that was. Could've kept it going for at least another minute =.
Beyonder said:
wow, so hohenheim did have a reason to be traveling around afterall. That was amazing, to set up the counterattack right in the middle of Father's circle without him noticing.

Brilliant, wasn't it?

Father creating the mini sun & his attack that looked like some sort of black hole? Antimatter? Some weird gravity/vortex attack? Was pretty sweet.
FateEntityJun 13, 2010 1:20 PM
Jun 13, 2010 1:24 PM

Oct 2008
Dangerr said:
I suppose I'll 5 this episode, though I'm somewhat disappointed at the condensing of several scenes (you can just tell they hadn't thought they were getting the 64th episode at this point).

Despite the speedy pacing, however, the animation was wonderful. My only other complaint was the (second) use of the OP theme for that scene; I just don't think it was fitting. I have much higher hopes for the next three eps though. Bring it on.

they didn't actually use it as a music piece for that scene . They just played the op without the visuals . Bones has a history of doing this . . Eureka 7 anyone :)
Jun 13, 2010 1:29 PM

Nov 2008
silent_killer said:
Dangerr said:

they didn't actually use it as a music piece for that scene . They just played the op without the visuals . Bones has a history of doing this . . Eureka 7 anyone :)

lol i just started watching that :)
Jun 13, 2010 1:34 PM

Oct 2008
@Fatentity
I actually think humans are what made life interesting for Bradley, as he constantly relished in their struggles. I think that's one reason he didn't let Pride simply have the philosopher's stone he was carrying for the forced transmutation; he subconsciously wanted the humans to have it, if only by earning it through his death. Ultimately however, the one thing Bradley loved the most was the thrill of battle; right down to the very end. This is perhaps one of the reasons why he's my favorite FMA character; an individual who never compromises his personality or beliefs, even before his death where authors often love to sentimentalize villains. In her own way though, I suppose Arakawa did.

Oh, I also love the vagueness and interpretive nature of his final words. I really think he has one of the best death scenes in the entire series.
Jun 13, 2010 1:50 PM

Apr 2009
Awesome episode, animation was great, but I also feel like it didn't need to condensed so much. Oh well still a 5/5 for me :D
Jun 13, 2010 2:21 PM

Jun 2009
Another great episode! (Every week I only can say this about FMA2! XD)

Kimblee's act was great! :) I like his character for some reason. In the previous anime I hated him, but here not. Both his personality and looks are better made.

I liked better the fight of Hohenheim vs. Father and (especially) Scar vs. Bradley in the manga. It was also great, but maybe I expected something different and that's why. I wonder...^^

The OP was very well made. Liked it a lot, too! ^^

How much I'll miss this anime...T_T
asx-niciJun 13, 2010 2:25 PM
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
Jun 13, 2010 2:28 PM

Dec 2009
This episode was pretty good. (i dont read the manga so i could careless if it was rushed or not) all in all in my opinion this episode exceeded my expectations and the scene when he turned into a philospher stone and saved Salim was epic. Bradley u died an honorable death RIP Fuher. . .
Jun 13, 2010 2:29 PM

Jan 2009
THIS IS TOO EPIC

Jun 13, 2010 2:29 PM

Feb 2010
Probably one of the greatest Anime episodes I have seen....
Jun 13, 2010 2:30 PM
Jan 2009
That was amazing, I actually quite liked pride after that episode...
Jun 13, 2010 2:42 PM

Nov 2007
9009 over 5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Jun 13, 2010 2:48 PM
Dec 2007
Great developments even if there was far less action than in previous episodes. The characters are evolving satisflyingly (some dying even) and the script is solid enough to lead us to a good ending I think. Looking forward to the 3 last episodes now !

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
Jun 13, 2010 2:53 PM

Dec 2009
best FMA episode so far and also in contention for one of my favorite anime episodes in general. It ended right where I was hoping it would be.

This is despite the fact the punch through Selim's head wasn't as epic as it was in the manga. It was still pretty good though.
Jun 13, 2010 3:21 PM

Nov 2009
Felt like it was abit rushed but still good ep
Jun 13, 2010 3:27 PM

May 2010
That scene with Kimbley was just plain awesome. I like how Ed invaded Pride by converting himself into a Philosopher's Stone.

It was BS how Bradley got to Die with that happy look on his face.
Jun 13, 2010 3:48 PM

Jul 2009
The manga is over and there are just three episodes left.:(
Though there are many decent serise's running, this is the series I look forward to most, I'm going to miss FMA.

Hoenheim is, as they say, 'epic'; planning a counter attack in his 400 years.

Ed and Co. definatley need to study Mei's type of alchemy (and Scar's).

I have to say, villian or not, I adore Bradley.;)
I wonder? Bradley is a flawaless fighter, yet if he was 30 years of age, would he have been better? Is it possible for him to be any better?

LanFan didn't impress me...
Scar endured such a long, painful battle, only for LanFan to stroll intothe secne as if nothing went on, then feel she as the right to 'finish Bradley off', I'm actually glad she didn't get the chance to do so.:p
She then asks Scar; "Are you alright?".:D

The commercial shows 'Scar' and 'Scars' brother, do the Ishvalan's not give their children names!?:p

Ed is as smart as Kimberlee is crazy; both atributes hail over others.

Pride's looked trendy with the two different eyes, but later, not so much. Fetus's are gross, human nature, yet still, gross (sorry if I offend anyone).

Jun 13, 2010 3:57 PM
Jun 2010
k so :

that little dark thingy in a flusk became God ? lol funny :)

There's one thing I don't understand:

Aren't sacrifices suppose to die ? why didn't they die lol

anyway this episode was better than the last one, i give it 5/5

Jun 13, 2010 3:59 PM
May 2009
amazing episode! but there is only 3 episodes left! >.<
Jun 13, 2010 4:13 PM

Oct 2008
supersayen said:
k so :

that little dark thingy in a flusk became God ? lol funny :)

There's one thing I don't understand:

Aren't sacrifices suppose to die ? why didn't they die lol

anyway this episode was better than the last one, i give it 5/5

well , i think it has to do wit the place those sacrifices were standing at (centre of the transmutation circle) . Maybe thats why they didn't die . It makes partial sense . Remember episode 40 , the xerxes massacre . . Everyone dies , besides the people who were standing at the centre of the transmutation circle . (hoho and flask kun)
Jun 13, 2010 4:38 PM
Jun 2010
Ah k that make sense, although they should be called "catalyst" "ingredient" instead of "sacrifice".

Jun 13, 2010 4:44 PM

Jan 2009
At first, I was surprised that there were already 3 pages of comments, but then I was like "Oh right .. Nevermind"~
...He doesn't look as much as Ed as he does in the manga : <
Oh well, the nuclear fusion's there, I'm happy.
And because that's just how awesome Bradley is was.
And now, comes Father's time of badassery xD

Yeah, dat smooth criminal is being smooth, as usual~
But.. Where'd Greedling's awesome comment go? D:
"Alchemy sure is convenient"
He should've said so just when he got up to the floor where Lan Fan and Scar were D: I am slightly disappoint.

fanoultimatev2 said:
wow, but still, FMA was created by God itself!
And hence, Arakawa-sensei is god.
Protip: I don't really check the forums anymore, so if you want something, take it on my profile.
Is it time for my long-awaited return to the forums? щ(゚Д゚щ) Nope™, probably not.
Jun 13, 2010 5:21 PM
Sep 2009
Kimblee....wow, cant say I saw that one coming.

Daaaaaamn, this episode was fantastic. Not as good as the previous, but still epic. I'm surprised everyone was revived so quickly.
Jun 13, 2010 5:24 PM

May 2009
Uwaaaaah! Awesome episode, as usual. Glad Hohenheim had something set up to counter (of course he would). And I never would have guessed that Kimblee would have interfered with Selim and Ed. Selim's death (or conversion back to true form, whatev) was pretty intensely disturbing, BTW.

Anyway, "EPIC STUFF" indeed, and only 3 episodes left. D:
AikaHimeJun 13, 2010 5:27 PM
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Ahenshihael - Jun 21, 2009

175 by JoeyBadaSS »»
Apr 15, 8:13 PM

» Is FMAB worth watching after FMA?

xXCaptainJXx - Apr 6

38 by aleinam »»
Apr 15, 7:13 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 40 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

removed-user - Jan 17, 2010

207 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 14, 5:51 PM

Poll: » Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Ahenshihael - Jun 7, 2009

343 by Nicolay18 »»
Apr 13, 1:34 AM

» Why doesn’t Lust show more lust? ( 1 2 )

lordJahoo - Apr 2

50 by Skylar-whoo »»
Apr 11, 6:58 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.