Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Jun 15, 2010 1:29 AM
May 2010
It's been a long time since the last time I'v seen Robin's respectable cleavage...
I think Oda is on crack when he makes up stories about Usoop lol.
Jun 15, 2010 3:32 AM

May 2009
Leave it to Robin to bring back the serious to the series. Even under torture, she keeps her composure. Interesting way to bring her to the resistance's attention. Still, it does seem to be the break in the pattern. I mean, so far, each Straw Hat member was sent somewhere to increase their power. Luffy to Amazon Lilly for haki. Nami to Weatheria for enhancing her weather based attacks. Sanji to Newkama land for their kempo. Frankie to Vegapunk's lab for an upgrade I'm guessing. Even Usopp on that island for perhaps some beefing up. Mm, now that I think of it I can't think of an upgrade for Chopper. Perhaps that was the break before Robin. Still, we'll see what happens with Brook and Zorro in the next ep. And call me silly, but I'm looking forward to seeing Perona too. As "spoiled brat" as she was, I'm really hoping Zorro will help her break out of that.
Jun 15, 2010 8:20 AM

Feb 2009
Robin is the man!
Jun 15, 2010 12:31 PM

Apr 2010
TitanioVerde said:
Why does Heracles'n remind me to Soul Eater's Excalibur? (Rhetorical question)

THIS.
I expect him to go all "Bakame!" every second xD
Jun 15, 2010 8:10 PM

Jun 2010
Lol imagine if Luffy went to the island Usopp is now on. xD
Jun 15, 2010 8:48 PM

Oct 2007
iPokez said:
Lol imagine if Luffy went to the island Usopp is now on. xD

the island would no longer exist.

so just caught up, and on a sanji episode note, I'd like to ruin everyones week with one simple statement: You know people are going to make dojinshi's out of this shit.

the slow motion part with ussop got on my nerves at first, until i realized what they were going for. it reminded me of the crash scenes in that one game where everything is fast paced until something hits something, then freezeframe slows down, speeds up, repeat. pretty epic.
Jun 16, 2010 12:29 AM

May 2009
Shiken said:
it reminded me of the crash scenes in that one game where everything is fast paced until something hits something, then freezeframe slows down, speeds up, repeat. pretty epic.

The Burnout series. The punchline of their old adds always makes me laugh.
"The last thing to go through your mind will be your ass."
Though I agree with your statement about Sanji with a shudder. Even if I accepted how he looked during the kempo fight, it just gained a new level of wrong by the time they showed how he looked at the end.
Jun 17, 2010 11:13 AM

Jul 2007
Really looking forward for some PeronaXZoro action. ;) Also I become hungry from that Usopp part.
Jun 17, 2010 1:16 PM
Jan 2009
I agree they made Robin's cleavage rather exaggerated.
But the Art during Robin's story was a bit different.It had a more serious look.
I wouldn't mind getting used to it.

midnightspecter said:
Leave it to Robin to bring back the serious to the series. Even under torture, she keeps her composure. Interesting way to bring her to the resistance's attention. Still, it does seem to be the break in the pattern. I mean, so far, each Straw Hat member was sent somewhere to increase their power. Luffy to Amazon Lilly for haki. Nami to Weatheria for enhancing her weather based attacks. Sanji to Newkama land for their kempo. Frankie to Vegapunk's lab for an upgrade I'm guessing. Even Usopp on that island for perhaps some beefing up. Mm, now that I think of it I can't think of an upgrade for Chopper. Perhaps that was the break before Robin. Still, we'll see what happens with Brook and Zorro in the next ep. And call me silly, but I'm looking forward to seeing Perona too. As "spoiled brat" as she was, I'm really hoping Zorro will help her break out of that.

Hey I never realized.
It does make sense now.

Shiken said:

so just caught up, and on a sanji episode note, I'd like to ruin everyones week with one simple statement: You know people are going to make dojinshi's out of this shit.

midnightspecter said:

Though I agree with your statement about Sanji with a shudder. Even if I accepted how he looked during the kempo fight, it just gained a new level of wrong by the time they showed how he looked at the end.

You just left a bad taste in my mouth.
I seriously hope that Sanji returns to normal with such a bang that people forget about his little 'transformation'
>.>
Jun 17, 2010 9:21 PM

Feb 2010
Robin was awesome~!
and Usopp was LOOL jokes XD Heraclessssss'n!
Jun 17, 2010 10:04 PM

Oct 2007
bLaCk_LeG said:
with such a bang
Jun 18, 2010 6:24 PM

Oct 2007
yea robin was pretty hot
Jun 19, 2010 4:42 AM

Nov 2007
midnightspecter said:

My guess about Chopper's power up is that he will tame the beast within him (when he takes three rumbel balls). Dunno about Robin, would be a waste if she doesn't get some power up.
Jun 19, 2010 2:49 PM

Oct 2009
I liked this episode... but I didn't like the art quality of it though
Jun 20, 2010 7:52 AM

Jun 2008
It was okay. But I didn't really like the quality of the animation...
Jun 21, 2010 8:16 AM

Jul 2009
NO WAY!! SANJI!!!!
Jun 21, 2010 8:26 AM
May 2010
what happened to the poll, why is it about minessota vikings...? its offtopic
icekatana8825 said:
SEE THE INVISIBLE TOUCH THE UNTOUCHABLE
ROW ROW FIGHT THE POWER
Jun 21, 2010 12:54 PM

May 2008
awww~ I missed Robin so much <3

And Usopp was hilarious xD
Jun 21, 2010 3:15 PM

May 2008
Zell182 said:
I swear Robin's boobs were out so much that her nipple should've been showing O_o

Usopp's island is so funny though XD

agree, to bad the artwork was a piece of shit (imho). i read somewhere that that director sacrifices everything just to get smooth animation..... but imo, it all looks like crap.. all the lines are shaky, there is almost no depth to anything

and why did that director have to do that just when robins boobs are so clearly visible :'( *demands a remake from a better director*
Aug 27, 2010 8:12 PM

Jun 2010
Again Robin is the highlight.
Sep 30, 2010 4:44 AM

Oct 2008
Yay, Robin got saved. <3
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~
Nov 8, 2010 7:15 AM

Nov 2009
Everyone gtfo my Robin. >:[

Also, is it just me or was the animation absolutely dreadful this episode?
Mar 3, 2011 2:26 PM

Oct 2009
Robin can make anything sexy O-O
Usopp part was hilarious!
May 14, 2011 3:01 PM

Jul 2007
Robins part was kind of sad, seeing her locked up. but at least she had an excape plan.

Usopp's is... i dont know. lol I really don't know what to say bout these episodes, there just strange, confusing and makes no sence. But what ever. On to the last one.

May 14, 2011 3:02 PM

Jul 2007
JusticeGundam said:
kevin_video said:

And talk about Nico Robin fanservice. Wow.
Indeed

yeah that was the best part of this whole episode :p

May 14, 2011 3:06 PM

Jul 2007
Cheonyu said:
It was okay. But I didn't really like the quality of the animation...

Me neither, it was pretty shitty.

May 14, 2011 3:09 PM

Jul 2007
smokes said:
the Usopp part was actually the best part of the episode..

i really hope Usopp learns some new cool stuff from that other 'hero' XD

he's awesome as always xD
Usopp ftw

Smokes have you ever pointed out a fault in this series even once. You even thought the sanji part was hilarious, i found that down right disturbing and sick as hell.

I guess thats what i means to be a "true" fanboy of one piece.

Everyone has there own opinion though i guess. But to be honest i really don't find these Nekama episodes all that entertaining.

Jun 26, 2011 12:16 AM

Jun 2009
Except for some horrible timing of the audio, subtitles, and terrible art of this episode I really did enjoy the Robin segment. Honestly, I think if this was given more attention it would be an interesting storyline. That said, it was so breezed through (just like all these Nakama mini-episodes) that it didn't have all that much of an impact.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Aug 6, 2011 8:59 PM

May 2010
HOLY CRAP! Was there a nipple slip on Robin? haha 8-D Just can't get the idea how the guards are dressing their prisoners like that haha.. Robin is pure sexy in this one..
As for Usopp.. this is just unacceptable.. Fatsopp? Really hope he'll mistakenly eat a Devil's fruit on the island hehe
Aug 8, 2011 5:11 PM

Aug 2010
dat cleavage

Robin <3
Nov 7, 2011 2:25 AM

Jan 2008
Wow, boobies festival! Robin really is in dire need of learning how to cover those things up!

Besides, did anyone notice the Willy Wonka chocolate?! =DD
SaorinNov 7, 2011 2:35 AM

Feb 5, 2012 6:55 AM

Jan 2012
robin definitely got the short straw island. i wanted to tear up at some point because of the sad music in her arc, she brings the serious and composure to this show. plus boobs.

most awesome moment was definitely when she simultaneously escaped the handcuffs and clutched the crap out of all the guards. yes robin. <3
Mar 5, 2012 8:39 AM
May 2010
guys, do you know the name of the soundtrack @10:55 ?
http://www.watchanimeon.com/one-piece-episode-455/

i really like it, i tried to go through all the soundtracks in youtube but i just can't find it

thank you
Old_DreamMar 5, 2012 9:01 AM
Mar 6, 2012 5:40 PM

Jan 2012
Old_Dream said:

i really like it, i tried to go through all the soundtracks in youtube but i just can't find it

thank you

oh i know what you mean, i've seen a lot of people commenting on youtube looking for it. i've listened to the two soundtrack albums over a dozen times each and unfortunately have never heard it. the albums don't include a lot of songs actually, like the famous sad tinkling one when merry dies (called something like haru haru no mi).
Mar 11, 2012 4:55 PM
May 2010
^ then i hope they release it with a new album soon its been almost 2 years since they first aired it =(
Jul 18, 2012 5:59 PM

Nov 2011
this ep was so awesome, omg.

the animation was fucking awesome. i love it when they go with this style, it's badass as fuck.

i love robin's bit, the setting is awesome and i like the "rebels freeing the slaves" theme. really cool. \

also, ROBIN'S BOOBS.

usopp's bit is also great. humorous as ever. again, loving the animation.

brilliant episode. even if it is semi-filler.

238492801/10 for robin's bewbs alone.
Nov 24, 2012 10:05 AM

Mar 2010
Champion of the forest!

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 29, 2012 2:02 PM

Oct 2010
Robin's part was so nice. I love the character design for the little girl, it's so 70s. But I actually expected more of the story, it's interesting enough.

Usopp's... well, a bit of a downer. It didn't sound particularly funny for me. Heracles'n is kind of annoying and the Fatsopp part was quite duller than expected.

Overall, a good episode but still not as great as I expected.
Jul 9, 2013 1:56 PM

Aug 2011
robins part is the most interesting one out of all the other ones imo.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 2, 2014 9:24 AM

Dec 2012
Watching Sanji on recap was still very painful :(
I like the idea of learning more about the revolutionaries though.
Mar 13, 2014 8:25 PM

Mar 2008
Damn, can Robin get any more awesome? I absolutely loved her part, need more! I wouldn't mind watching a spin-off anime based solely on her and her adventures~
#1 SH def. followed by Franky

Usopp's was funny like always. If I have to rate my favorite SH separation episodes, it would prob look something like this:
1) Robin
2) Franky
3) Usopp
4) Brook
5) Sanji
6) Chopper
7) Zoro
8) Nami
Mar 30, 2014 7:44 PM
May 2010
yaddayadda said:
Old_Dream said:

thank you

oh i know what you mean, i've seen a lot of people commenting on youtube looking for it. i've listened to the two soundtrack albums over a dozen times each and unfortunately have never heard it. the albums don't include a lot of songs actually, like the famous sad tinkling one when merry dies (called something like haru haru no mi).

FOUND IT! FINALLY!
search "One Piece Soundtrack- Coby's Speech" there are another version "One Piece Soundtrack- Ace!"
Jun 1, 2014 4:04 AM

Oct 2012
Oh Robin situation was so serious not like the others

Lol dat slow-mo
Still funny after few times..
Usopp'n!!
Hera- To be Continued xD

Finally Zoro x Perona?
Lol.. Will Brook finds some pantsu? xD

"Dakaraaaaaaa!!!"
What's wrong with the polls?? Oh, JusticeGundam
"Signature removed"
Aug 20, 2014 5:27 PM

Jul 2014
Nico Robin is the only straw hat that kills her enemies lol
Oct 8, 2014 3:37 AM

Jan 2014
Robin's story is still the best.
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Oct 25, 2014 4:14 AM

Oct 2013
Slept through the whole episode,hope nothing serious happened.

Jun 15, 2015 10:58 PM

Jun 2015
lmao usopp xDD
Aug 12, 2015 8:42 PM
May 2013
ZephSilver said:
Nico Robin is the only straw hat that kills her enemies lol

In OP people can live and run with broken spines, so im not sure about that, look at Sadi-chan. I really loved the Robin part of the episode, it kinda had a movie feel to it.
I think they used the slo-mo to have less things to animate.
PS : the looks like crap, seriously.
-Dari-Aug 12, 2015 8:48 PM
Jul 27, 2016 11:37 AM

Mar 2015
Good to see Robin is doing okay again

And Usopp becoming the new Luffy attempting to inherit his eating habits?
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Nov 2, 2016 3:19 AM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
go robin <3

and lol at usopp for beeing so ... much of him xD

Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Episode 1101 Discussion ( 1 2 )

phantom346 - Apr 14

53 by AlexoYuki »»
2 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 242 Discussion

Kaito__Kid - Dec 2, 2009

39 by IvanTheWalker »»
7 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Episode 397 Discussion ( 1 2 )

HydraA - Apr 19, 2009

91 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:36 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 396 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Somebody - Apr 12, 2009

195 by gannoncannon55 »»
Today, 12:15 AM

Poll: » One Piece Episode 395 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Somebody - Apr 5, 2009

76 by gannoncannon55 »»
Yesterday, 11:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.