Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 27, 2008 1:33 PM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I'm a little surprised the whole war thing is over with in 4 episodes. It seemed really... anticlimactic.. they just sort of found the treasure with no problem and the people following them just happened to accidently kill themselves.

I thought the whole war situation would take up a good part of the series, but now i'm confused in what direction the show will take. Hopefully it stays good though :)

oh, i loved how allison shot Ker with paintballs haha.
Apr 27, 2008 7:55 PM
Jul 2018
Yeah I agree about it seeming anticlimactic. The whole basis of the war seemed a little flimsy if it was resolved so painlessly.

Crushed by rocks from shooting the ceiling, haha great.

Allison is a crazy Barrel Rolling Pilot.
Apr 27, 2008 7:57 PM

Jan 2007
I sorta liked the dogfight in the episode. I wonder what kind of direction will take since the war is over.
Apr 27, 2008 8:07 PM

Oct 2007
Short arc, nice though.

Apr 28, 2008 12:05 AM

Aug 2007
Wow the arc is over already? That was really short. But I enjoyed it.
Good episode.
Apr 28, 2008 12:08 AM

Nov 2007
I was really surprised to see this arc end so quickly. I figured it'd go on for at least a few more eps, but nope. Seems happily resolved. I suppose they're gonna have to go on more adventures to fill the rest of the show. :D
Apr 28, 2008 1:25 AM

Feb 2008
Whoa, can't believe this arc is already over, I thought it was going to be bigger.
Pretty good episode btw, really enjoyed the dogfight part.
Apr 28, 2008 2:09 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Yes, I also assumed it would talke them all the episdoes to end the war. The episode was good, looking forward to the new arc.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 28, 2008 3:39 AM

Oct 2007
Loved that dogfight in the beginning, even though I fought it was way too PG-Rated when the guys didn't die. The war ended a bit too quick for my liking and I agree with everyone who described it as "anticlimactic". Well lets see how this 26 episode series develops. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2008 3:57 AM

Dec 2007
wow, that was a little bit too fast. but not bad, I guess. looking forward to see what comes next

Apr 28, 2008 7:32 AM
Feb 2008
o0 Really fast ending of the search to the Treasure -.-

26Episodes... OK, i will show what comes next =)
Apr 28, 2008 8:40 AM

Oct 2007
Well I just found out for myself that this series will be split up into 2 separate stories, which is why it is given the Allison & Lillia. I wonder how this will work out for the series, in the end (>_<)?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2008 11:18 AM

Jan 2008
I have to agree that this first arc went rather fast but I still enjoyed the episode. I thought ending the war would last through Allision and Wil's part of the story and then it would move on to Lillia. I guess we are going to be getting several story arcs for both parts of the show.
Apr 28, 2008 11:28 AM

Nov 2007
it seems the consensus that everyone felt the end of the arc was rushed. tho the earlier parts of the episode were well done.

i did lol when the guy got shot, dropped his gun, was able to pick it up and then for some reason the pain as he squeezed the trigger caused him to shoot the ceiling lol.
Apr 28, 2008 12:31 PM

Nov 2007
I'm kinda glad they didn't drag the whole treasurehunt out. The episode had many good parts, specially the dogfight, that was awesome.

5/5 for this episode from me.
WIll be interesting to see how the rest of the Allison-part will turn out.
Apr 29, 2008 12:58 AM

Jun 2007
I'm the same as everyone else. I was expecting the whole series to be about the treasure hunt. I guess now we get to see the aftermath of everything. Should be interesting to see how two separate groups come together or react to eachother.
Apr 29, 2008 4:02 AM

Jul 2007
After I finished this ep I rushed to see if this was just a 4-ep series, I'm glad to find out there's still 22 to go. Other than that, it's just what eerybody else already said, the arc ended way too fast, and way too easily.
Apr 29, 2008 6:43 AM

Jun 2007
Uuchie said:
After I finished this ep I rushed to see if this was just a 4-ep series

same here :D
A bit rushed ending of this arc but still quite nice.
Apr 30, 2008 7:59 PM

Jul 2007
I thought it was a bit silly how the bad guys accidentally killed themselves. xD But aside from that, a good ep.
May 1, 2008 4:59 AM

Oct 2007
I'm shocked at an anime, which does not try to make every arc last for ever and artificially make plot needlessly camplicated.
Very nice, although plenty naive (ending war with a mural? Seriously . . .)

Beware! For I wield the chair leg of truth!
May 1, 2008 10:24 AM

Apr 2008
Same as everyone ;P
The dogfight was awesome, but it rushed too much... Not that I like fillers, but sometimes one here, one there... It gives time for people to "learn" all that they've seen...
Feels kind of "empty" how this ended... It just ended... u.u
But now I'm curious to see how will this go on ;P
May 3, 2008 11:58 AM

Apr 2008
A little too quick and easy, but at least it didn't drag on. This series isn't nearly as gloomy as Kino's Journey.
May 3, 2008 12:32 PM

Oct 2007
Good episode. I was surprised that this happened within the first 4 episodes, but I'm interested to see what path this show will take now.

May 4, 2008 2:28 PM

Mar 2008
Mathes said:
Uuchie said:
After I finished this ep I rushed to see if this was just a 4-ep series

same here :D
A bit rushed ending of this arc but still quite nice.

Lol same :P. And yeah agree there :p. Wonder what will happen now though...
Oh and what's with that shooting the roof thing D:?
May 4, 2008 7:55 PM

Jun 2007
Hmm, it was okay. The fight was awesome, although the end with the cave was kinda lame at times. I mean, really; the bad guys just shot the roof down on themselves? Uh-huh. Okay then.

I love Ker~ He's awesome. :D
May 4, 2008 8:39 PM

Sep 2007
Really disappointing. I was expecting much more of this series and it so far hasn't delivered. The treasure was so predictable I had it pinned from the first mention of the fact that it would end the war. Also, they wrapped up the war so quickly I couldn't even believe it. People just instantly accepted the fact that they had been murdering each other for absolutely nothing? We don't get to see any of the reactions to that? Bah, hopefully it will get better, I'm just not pleased with this series right now.
May 5, 2008 6:55 PM
Feb 2008
I am completely surprised at how quickly this arch wrapped itself up. I thought 26 episodes would be the treasure hunt. Guess not. As for the bad guys shooting the roof down on themselves, it sort of looked like his wound caused the blatant misfire - but it still looked terribly silly.

Interesting to see where it all goes from here though.

May 6, 2008 3:20 AM

Jan 2008
whoa, the arc ended Oo that was quick man!
waiting for ep 5, this show is getting better and better :P
We're all insane
May 6, 2008 5:10 PM

May 2007
I don't get why you guys are so disappointed...
I guess you guys are way too used to the Naruto, One Piece, Bleach stuff that never ends.

You see, sometimes things just end fast, without much problems.
And maybe you guys didn't notice, but the people weren't liking the fact that they were in war.
Ending the war when there is no reason left to fight is the most intelligent, diplomatic thing to do.

And who said its over?
War always leave an awful aftermath.

I'm pretty glad they didn't extend much longer that part.
There is already loads of series with that kind of plot.

Otakuman said:
it sort of looked like his wound caused the blatant misfire - but it still looked terribly silly.

I kind of loled from that. this is already the second time this week i see such stupid villains. [Talking about Amatsuki (4)]
RyushiMay 12, 2008 8:56 AM
May 11, 2008 7:02 PM

Jan 2008
martusf said:
I'm kinda glad they didn't drag the whole treasurehunt out.

I'm sorry, I have to point out that the author of the quote above uses Luffy from One Peice as an avatar. A 300 + Episode Treasure hunt anime
May 12, 2008 8:42 AM

May 2007
datsunvic said:
martusf said:
I'm kinda glad they didn't drag the whole treasurehunt out.

I'm sorry, I have to point out that the author of the quote above uses Luffy from One Peice as an avatar. A 300 + Episode Treasure hunt anime

Lol
May 14, 2008 5:29 AM

Oct 2007
Ryushi said:
I don't get why you guys are so disappointed...
I guess you guys are way too used to the Naruto, One Piece, Bleach stuff that never ends.

You see, sometimes things just end fast, without much problems.
And maybe you guys didn't notice, but the people weren't liking the fact that they were in war.
Ending the war when there is no reason left to fight is the most intelligent, diplomatic thing to do.

And who said its over?
War always leave an awful aftermath.

This

I'm very happy with the way it ended. I'm so sick of watching shows in which stuff never happens (Bleach) and it is refreshing to see a show that isn't afraid to let stuff actually happen. Good stuff!
May 30, 2008 6:01 AM

Jan 2008
I really liked the dogfight as well. Allison pulled off a very awesome move there :D
They found the treasure...and the war is over. I wonder what happens next?

Great episode though!
Jun 10, 2008 2:22 PM

Mar 2007
The dog fight was pretty fun... only if Wil wasn't such a big pussy... Nothing like seeing another pacifist male character that creates a buzz kill to all the fun action.

I was sorta surprised at the turn of events i knew it wasn't gonna be gold and i knew it wasn't gonna be something so outrageous that would stop a 130(?) year war in an instant. But it was Apparently *_*. But the turn of events makes good sense considering long wars eventually forget why they're even fighting and just rely on instinct that has been etched in their minds for generations.

Well i cant wait to see Lilia because I keep calling Wil, Wilia because he's such a wuss. I also wonder if Allison is a national hero or something now. And LOL at the end wtf was all that about. 4/5
RanivusJun 10, 2008 2:29 PM

"What happens when we die?" I know that the ones who love us will miss us.
Jun 11, 2008 4:31 AM
Oct 2007
wat

series ovah already?

o_0

Simple way for the war to end...
Jun 22, 2008 11:56 PM

Feb 2007
Nothing like watching Ep 4 eight weeks after the sub comes out.

Even though this episode was alright, I already found out that the arc was going to end with this ep. The dogfight was good, but I really thought that the war was going to last for at least the first half of the series before I started this show, with the Lillia part being the aftermath in the future. I've heard that the show gets worse from here, and this 4-ep arc didn't really deliver for me, so I guess I'm going to put this On-Hold for now. I might come back to this if I see good reactions from the Lillia part of the story.

Edit: Changed this from On Hold to Dropped a long time ago. Bad reactions from the Lillia part of the story as well.
BlueYoshiMay 17, 2009 6:36 AM
Jul 19, 2009 8:32 PM

Dec 2008
It was a pretty good episode, though I think they found the treasure too soon :P
&& the fight was cool.

& &
Jan 20, 2011 8:51 PM

Nov 2010
wow shows over in just 4 episodes? that was fast. what to watch next.........
You are null and void!
Jul 21, 2011 12:37 AM

Oct 2009
Faust721 said:
I sorta liked the dogfight in the episode. I wonder what kind of direction will take since the war is over.
Jan 8, 2014 1:59 AM

Aug 2013
Ehh I thought the ongoing war was going to be the main plot. Weird how it ended in just four episodes.

Walter oji-san :(
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
Jan 21, 2014 10:08 AM

Dec 2012
Well that took me by surprise. I'm not sure if I should be fascinated or disappointed, I guess I'll just have to see what they have planned for the rest of the series. Very unconventional to end what seemed to be the central focus of the story so early, but there may be more to it.
Feb 25, 2015 10:20 AM

Oct 2008
And they discovered the "treasure" withing 4 episodes....
Jesus fucking Christ,between this and Hakushaku To Yousei , 2008 sure was a great year for inept mysteries and super rushed series....
Feb 17, 2019 7:52 AM

Mar 2016
This anime has a Saturday morning cartoon feel to it, which was kind of unexpected, but fun in its own way.

That this society is hung up on this mythic origin story is kind of weird though, especially given the technology and culture that they possess. Usually over time the real meaning for discord becomes blurred, and the two sides will have found much more dangerous reasons to hate one another, and even the mural would not be able to stop it.
Nov 6, 2019 11:25 PM

Aug 2015
Wow, that ended quickly. I thought the treasure hunt was going to be a bigger deal. Worst of all, it makes no sense.

The cause of the war over the origin of humankind is perhaps not unlike the racial theories that under-girded WWII, but it's pretty silly for the author to think that two prehistoric paintings suggest continuity with a modern state. Two figures are shown with abstract national emblems of the two countries, as if states themselves are some kind of Platonic form that exist in perpetuity. To me it seems like a crude way to impart to the audience a message that is cynical of official history and is anti-nationalist (eg. the twisting of the national emblems from torches to weapons) but the method is intellectually at a lower level than is necessary to engage me and in my view accidentally and ironically gives states an ethnonationalist longevity that they absolutely don't and cannot have.

syncrogazer said:
This anime has a Saturday morning cartoon feel to it, which was kind of unexpected, but fun in its own way.

That this society is hung up on this mythic origin story is kind of weird though, especially given the technology and culture that they possess. Usually over time the real meaning for discord becomes blurred, and the two sides will have found much more dangerous reasons to hate one another, and even the mural would not be able to stop it.

Yes, precisely.

I noticed this was aired on NHK, which to seems like it must Saturday morning / aimed at a younger audience.
Oct 5, 2023 3:47 PM

Dec 2022
For all the complaining about this anime being too slow of pace, I don't see how that's an issue. Within four episodes, Allison and Wil discovered the treasure they were hunting for and apparently ended the war between Roxche and Sou Beil. That's as brisk a pace as you're going to get.

It's true that an ancient mural alone is unlikely to be ending any regional conflicts in a modern setting, especially when the spite the populace has for the opposing nation would be conditioned into them over generations, but it's safe to assume that the people of this world are "close to their roots" and history. Given how many were already disillusioned with the war and possibly campaigning for it to end, the mural acting as a symbol of peace amongst the two nations might've acted as a last push to get a peaceful resolution to the war over the line. Taking suspension of disbelief into consideration, maybe the people in this series are just uncommonly reasonable. Perhaps real people should be as critical of meaningless and superfluous things like wars.

Shaded Horizon

More topics from this board

Poll: » Allison &amp; Lillia Episode 26 Discussion ( 1 2 )

RandomOugi - Oct 4, 2008

77 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 8, 2023 4:42 AM

Poll: » Allison &amp; Lillia Episode 20 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 21, 2008

16 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 7, 2023 11:41 AM

Poll: » Allison &amp; Lillia Episode 19 Discussion

angel999 - Sep 20, 2008

12 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 7, 2023 10:28 AM

Poll: » Allison &amp; Lillia Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Jul 29, 2008

24 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 6, 2023 11:10 AM

Poll: » Allison &amp; Lillia Episode 14 Discussion

cyruz - Jul 27, 2008

34 by Archean-Return »»
Oct 6, 2023 10:35 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.