Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Apr 27, 2008 6:04 AM
Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow

The Movie was the best, i think.

Neji and Lee got the best Action in the full Movie and the Enemys were very hard to defeat.

Apr 27, 2008 6:21 AM

Mar 2008
ive almost lost all faith in naruto after shippuuden came out, since it's just been a big waste :P
But its because of these movies that i love the series. I think this is the second best movie after the third one.
The action scenes were awesome, especially Lee!

But it's too bad that the fighting scenes were too short :P i would have liked to see more fighting from Neji and Lee.

Nonetheless, this movie was great! ^^
Apr 27, 2008 9:37 AM

Oct 2007
I liked it also :P
It was a nice movie, not to bad...
As always though the finishing move is Rasengan or some variation of it... It kind of gets monotonous to that :(

I liked the other fights though Negi, Lee had great fights and we also saw Neji's ability as a captain, which is amazing!
Apr 27, 2008 8:06 PM

Nov 2007
This is a lot better than movie 2 (though almost anything is) and more enjoyable than movie 3. I put it on about the same level as movie 1, perhaps a little better. I really enjoyed it, for what it is. The fights were all well animated, and Shion was actually a decent character unlike past movie ones.
Apr 27, 2008 8:31 PM

Jun 2007
Wasn't this supposed to take place sometime after Shippuuden? lol it seemed like they totally ditched Naruto's personality from Shippuuden and used his 10 year old personality from the first series. I was expecting him to act a bit more grown up like in Shippuuden. O well movie was still decent.

Also one of the official trailers has Sasuke in it, yet theres no Sasuke appearance lol.
Apr 27, 2008 9:20 PM

Aug 2007
I liked this movie sooo much!! It was just great! The music, the characters, the animation - all of them were quite decent, not to mention the plot, which made me shiver... (Although I knew Naruto wasn't going to die, I just couldn't wait to see what would happen.)

Though Naruto acting childishly made me really sad, because according to the manga, he is not like this.

BTW the fighting scenes were great. ^^
Apr 27, 2008 10:18 PM

Oct 2007
I got to see Lee fight, automatic 5/5
Everything else was just extra season ^__^
Apr 28, 2008 12:20 AM

Aug 2007
DeathfireD said:
Wasn't this supposed to take place sometime after Shippuuden? lol it seemed like they totally ditched Naruto's personality from Shippuuden and used his 10 year old personality from the first series. I was expecting him to act a bit more grown up like in Shippuuden. O well movie was still decent.

Also one of the official trailers has Sasuke in it, yet theres no Sasuke appearance lol.

That is the SECOND shippuuden movie XD Bonds ^^

This movie was super! Loads better than 2 or 3 ^-^ Worth the watch...Although the sad thing was that the cut out MOST Naruto dead parts that they showed in the trailer >.>

BUT I CAN'T WAIT NOW TO THE NARUSASU ( like centered not as a pairing) MOVIE!!! WOOOOT!
Apr 28, 2008 3:49 AM
Oct 2007
The movie was so great. I just loved it. I even liked to last few lines in the movie. Made me crack up!
Apr 28, 2008 8:47 AM

Mar 2007
i really enjoyed the movie
best naruto movie yet
i hope the fifth movie will be better (naruto and sasuke, holy crap! ><")
nice lee an neji action
but i think the enemies were a little bit too annoying
Apr 28, 2008 10:02 AM
Jul 2018
Seriously...

It was just crap.

I'm completely giving up the Naruto anime, far too frustrating too watch.
Apr 28, 2008 12:12 PM

Sep 2007
It was the same as all other movies. Fight a bunch of enemies then Naruto spouts off some crap at the end and saves whoever and wins the day.
Apr 28, 2008 12:46 PM

Mar 2008
lol the ending was funny after the song
Apr 28, 2008 1:14 PM

Oct 2007
XcoolzX said:

Yeah that ending song was hilarious, couldn't stop laughing XD.

As for the movie, I was expecting an incredibly generic Naruto movie like the last 2 but I was really surprised by how great this one was. Sure it does have the same formula as all the other movies, like the Rasengan ending (this time it was a Spirit Bomb) but that can be forgiven with such an enjoyable movie. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 28, 2008 1:56 PM

Mar 2008
yea another god-like overpowered crazy instant kill rasengan
Apr 28, 2008 5:36 PM

Mar 2007
meh movie , they made naruto be a moron.....as usual in all the movies.
the final rasengan reminded me of a genkidama combined with a sekiha LOVE LOVE tenkyōken =/

Best part of the movie was after the credits when Naruto agrees to help Shion .

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Apr 28, 2008 5:37 PM
Dec 2007
I've never been a big fan of movies based off shows, but this one was a little better than normal. I loved the last few lines at the very end of the movie ^^ Sakura, Lee, and Kakashi had great reactions xD
Apr 28, 2008 6:29 PM

Jul 2007
Roybie said:
Seriously...

It was just crap.

For real, it was just a huge warmed up "bleh". Same characters with the same mission rescue the same tsundere from fate with the same techniques as everytime. Highlights of these 90min? A ..chocobonbon.., 1.5 seconds of Kakashi action, Sakuras comicy drawn faces, no backflashes in 90min and one (!) full length fight.. Lee's. Animation was good as expected.

But.. my main complaint: were the storywriters stoned? I mean, seriously.. This plot was 90% Lord of the Rings and 10% Naruto (aka no plot-ttebayo). Good thing I like Lord of the Rings, which is also mostly why I gave this flick a 5/10. Oh and because of the chocobonbon.. and uhm.. the first two minutes.. aaand.. ok, some good quotes like..

Shion: "The stone ghost army!"
Naruto: "The stoned guys army?"

Naruto: "With this armor, I can't be killed!"
Sakura: "Why don't you try dying? Maybe it'll cure your stupidity"

Neji: "Naruto will go take care of Shion!"
Sakura: "But Naruto will die omg!"
Neji: "This is exactly why Naruto should go!"
All (incl Naruto): "Yay~"
Apr 28, 2008 9:27 PM

Jun 2007
this movie was a disappointment, a little bit better than the 2nd season, but still suck-ish
I felt like the movie was rush, they missed a lot of important little things to make the movie better, it didnt feel complete.
lets see;
the part where they both fell in the waterfall(?), then naruto starts to dry his hair. that moment when he smiled w/ his hair wet , like the shampoo comercials xD omg, I was laughing, I had to repeat it....the part of the song "Im so beautiful..." just kept playing on my head xD

*at the end, when she was ready to sacrifice herself, then naruto pops out of nowhere.... wtf O_o
that was a failure...
*also, getting sick of always naruto's rasengan and clones.... they should of have shown new techniques by now (that is if he learned any) this also goes for the series...

parts I liked;
*lee eating the chocolate, I knew he was going to get drunk xD
*naruto "shampoo comercial scene, I still have it stuck on my head
*I did like the princess, and that guy that transform himself to look like her; wanted to see more of them =/
*the promise naruto made with her at the end xD that idiot xD

& another thing, the trailers were all about "naruto's death" and they show it at the begining of the movie -_- seriously?
I was looking forward because of the trailers, but that just killed it, I knew it at that moment that it wasnt going to be as good as the trailers made the movie looked...

Mire said:

the first one made me go lol, the last two were more like wtf and huh?
xxjanismApr 29, 2008 8:19 PM
Apr 29, 2008 12:18 AM

Jun 2007
You know, for a Naruto movie this wasn't half bad. The pacing was pretty good and the fights were kind of cool as well.

Oh, and Naruto is going to help Shion make another priestess? Anyone else think that sounds a little dubious? Lol! *_*
Your search on "Oran Solus" returned the following quotes:
"Oran Solus? I know him. What a wanker. He still owes me a tenner." Oscar Wilde
"Oran, you're so intelligent and awesome <3" Bakayaro
"Oran's sexy." LolitaDecay
"Oran is a sophisticated penguin." Drybananna
"Oran is a Hand-Eye you faggots." EddieSpaghetti
"Oran for Prime Minister." the_prime_one
"Oran is all that is stated in his sig and more." orbitzz

Apr 29, 2008 3:42 AM

Dec 2007
i just watche it and i rated it a 8/10 and from my opinion it was the best naruto movie so far, i think there was a trailer realse for naruto shippuuden movie 2 .. here is the youtube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aMUWn4_SGw
Apr 29, 2008 6:39 AM

Jan 2008
Kanda said:
I still prefer the 1st movie but the 4th one definitely wasn't as bad as 2 and 3 were.

I totally agree with you, for me the best movie so far has been the first one.

I hope Bleach's movie (Diamond Dust?) isn't this dissapointing... I believe it should also be comming out soon? I really did enjoy the first Bleach movie as well.
Apr 29, 2008 11:00 AM
AhMeiZing #1000

Sep 2007
i feel ripped off all the hype for this rip off bleach movie better be better like they marketed movie 4 in the naruto eps making it look cool but no rip off bleach better be better
-
Behold a work of art made in Paint on Windows XP in 2007

too lazy to update these
Apr 29, 2008 12:53 PM

Jul 2007
Mire said:
Roybie said:
Seriously...

It was just crap.

For real, it was just a huge warmed up "bleh". Same characters with the same mission rescue the same tsundere from fate with the same techniques as everytime. Highlights of these 90min? A ..chocobonbon.., 1.5 seconds of Kakashi action, Sakuras comicy drawn faces, no backflashes in 90min and one (!) full length fight.. Lee's. Animation was good as expected.

But.. my main complaint: were the storywriters stoned? I mean, seriously.. This plot was 90% Lord of the Rings and 10% Naruto (aka no plot-ttebayo). Good thing I like Lord of the Rings, which is also mostly why I gave this flick a 5/10. Oh and because of the chocobonbon.. and uhm.. the first two minutes.. aaand.. ok, some good quotes like..

The plot was like 100% same as the other 3 naturo movies. Just diffrent bad guys and superpowers.
Apr 29, 2008 1:09 PM

Feb 2008
Seen it the other night, I thought it was ok, considering I dropped Ship. This shinobi way thing (and I don't mean Naruto, but the sick Haku-like one) of those girls (spoiled princess and her mother) was so Naruto-series characteristical. Actually, I think they did this one more in the style of the old series, which gave it more suspanse and action, without the long useless scenes.
Elt- said:
ive almost lost all faith in naruto after shippuuden came out, since it's just been a big waste :P
But its because of these movies that i love the series.
[...]
But it's too bad that the fighting scenes were too short :P i would have liked to see more fighting from Neji and Lee.

I wouldn't go as far as to love the series cause of the movie. I've dropped that and dropped it stays. Fortunatly, unlike the series where they have to strech everything so that it won't catch up to the manga, a movie is exactly the reverse and something INTERESTING and SHORT has to happen in less than 2 hours. So it was worth it.
Asako said:
This is a lot better than movie 2 (though almost anything is) and more enjoyable than movie 3. I put it on about the same level as movie 1, perhaps a little better. I really enjoyed it, for what it is. The fights were all well animated, and Shion was actually a decent character unlike past movie ones.

My sentiments exactly. I didn't even see the entire movie 2 because I almost fell asleep and it's still dropped. Better than 1... maybe. It's strangely more grown up yet keeping the essence of the old series and even of the old movies.
Roybie said:

There are "better" reasons to give up Shippuuden, like the crapy rythm it's moving. But this movie is certainly NOT one of them.
Mire said:

Oh and because of the chocobonbon.. and uhm.. the first two minutes.. aaand.. ok, some good quotes like..

That one was really funny, I don't know if Dattebayo made it up or improvised, or what it actually meant what he said in japanese, but it sure cracked me up :D
Mire said:

I've thought these two were at least lame... I didn't understand their purpose or meaning at all... especially when it comes from a talk between fellow shinobi...
Apr 29, 2008 1:55 PM

Oct 2007
i liked it. fights scenes with neji and rock lee is always fun to watch. fights couldve been better and longer. another female acting snobby but has a story behind her that naruto can relate to. problem solved with a rasengan? really now? well i was content with the ending. only wish it was done a bit smarter. i mean its called naruto but everyone else outshines him.

that lil moment with naruto and shion was nice. even though when you clip it altogether it would equal like 5 mins long it out weighed whatever love/romantic story was goin on in the series.

for 90mins worth it wasnt so bad. rock lee needs his own spin off show..

Dreamt Of You Again
Under The Sakura Tree
Just Like We Promised

CLICK HERE TO SEE ME NAKED
Apr 29, 2008 3:39 PM

Jan 2008
Out of the 4 movies.... this fourth movie was sure the best.... by far.

Yes... it's your typical big shonen-movie-filler (so you better be prepared for that) but i must say this is actually "good" compared to the other similar naruto-onepiece-bleach movies.
Apr 29, 2008 7:36 PM

Jan 2008
eh at the end naruto promised to make babies with her -.-; that was a bit awkward
Apr 29, 2008 8:22 PM

Feb 2008
well i supose the very last part after the credits was ok, but the movie wasnt top notch. i think after having invested a lot of time watching it, i gotta see it through...the anime that is.
Apr 30, 2008 10:49 AM

Oct 2007
Eh, mediocre at best. A refreshing change from the anime, but as everyone else has said, it's pretty much just a copy of the other naruto movies so far with very little changed. The only scene that had me wide awake was the (only) fight scene with lee, since he's the only one who got a full time fight. All the other enemies just got cheapassed to death, and that was plain boring. DNT WRRY GUYZ RASENGANN FIX EVERTING! Seriously that ending was almost as retarded as the fatman-mounted rasengan of homoerotica. Naruto gets bonus points for agreeing to knock up the priestess though, even though he didnt know wtf he was agreeing to, nor would he go through with it anyways. Damnit all. They can make this whole bullshit movie that sucked but for the Lee scene alone I gave it a 4/5. Here's to hoping diamond dust rebellion is better, although I pretty much already know it wont since I hate shortshit anyways. Oh in other positive news, this movie actually played fine on my ps3, unlike the recent new encodes of bleach/naruto. Odd.
Apr 30, 2008 11:36 AM

Jan 2007
I didn't like it for the same reasons other people stated 5/10 Also, did anyone else feel that they completely fucked up Lees fighting. Not only did he release 5 gates that normally would have nearly killed him but instead just made him tired but he also released them before even taking off his freaking weights(which makes it seem kind of pointless). And the gates should have made him a lot stronger than they actually did. And, though the drunk part was pretty cool, it seemed to give him more speed and strength which it's not really supposed to. It's just supposed to make his attacks more random and unpredictable. Anyway, the scene was well animated and awesome to watch but they could have done way better with being true to Lees fighting.
Apr 30, 2008 11:44 AM

Oct 2007
Shiken said:
Oh in other positive news, this movie actually played fine on my ps3, unlike the recent new encodes of bleach/naruto. Odd.

Yeah I don't understand why the new Naruto episodes aren't compatible with my 360 even though it's in .avi format. They most be encoding it differently which ain't compatible with the current codec. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 30, 2008 1:36 PM

Sep 2007
Master_M2K said:
Shiken said:
Oh in other positive news, this movie actually played fine on my ps3, unlike the recent new encodes of bleach/naruto. Odd.

Yeah I don't understand why the new Naruto episodes aren't compatible with my 360 even though it's in .avi format. They most be encoding it differently which ain't compatible with the current codec. ^_^

It's a H264 in an .avi container. Why DB would do that is beyond me. They do some pretty stupid things.
Apr 30, 2008 2:12 PM

Oct 2007
Wasabi said:
Master_M2K said:
Shiken said:

It's a H264 in an .avi container. Why DB would do that is beyond me. They do some pretty stupid things.

No wonder, but you're right it is pretty stupid to use that with an .avi container. It just defeats the purpose of the compatibility that the .avi format is good for. Well I don't care much for Naruto Shippuuden and the recent WS episodes aren't even worth re-watching. ^_^
Apr 30, 2008 3:02 PM

Oct 2007
IMO, they went overboard on the supernatural themes in this one considering what we've seen so far in the narutoverse i.e. dfragons, real demons and the like. I fail to see why the stone army would be so hard to defeat by the Leaf Village shinobi. Some oil or ball bearings would throw them off balance, plus I know there are several characters that can break through solid stone. A few plot holes here and there, and though entertaining, the movie was npot outstanding. I give it a 7/10
Apr 30, 2008 7:12 PM
Oct 2007
Stone army= the Chinese underground army of the emperor who built the Wall of China.
Apr 30, 2008 7:23 PM

Dec 2007
......All i can say is....That was just terrible out of all the Naruto movies i expected a lot more from it , I wanted to see Naruto die like in the trailer oh well the best out of all the Naruto movies in my opinion is still the first one.
May 1, 2008 1:41 PM

Jan 2008
I thought the movie was OK. It wasn't what I expected.....
Hello!
May 1, 2008 6:03 PM

Dec 2007
Ryoujin said:
Kanda said:
I still prefer the 1st movie but the 4th one definitely wasn't as bad as 2 and 3 were.

I totally agree with you, for me the best movie so far has been the first one.

I hope Bleach's movie (Diamond Dust?) isn't this dissapointing... I believe it should also be comming out soon? I really did enjoy the first Bleach movie as well.

I agree with you too. The movie was ok I guess. Definitely better than 2nd and 3rd movie. The plot is indeed predictable. Maybe because they just keep using the same formula for the Naruto movies.
May 2, 2008 12:12 AM

Sep 2007
Here's an idea: if you don't like watching Naruto, don't watch the movie. People, by Movie 4, you should know exactly what your getting yourself into. There's going to be a bratty character for Naruto to win over with his magical friend powers, and we're prolly gonna see Kakashi use Raikiri once or twice, obligitory cameos by all of the popular characters (Shikamaru, Temari, Gai... I'm looking in your direction), and Naruto's going to save the day with a Rasengan. They aren't going to make anything that's going to put too much of a dent into the story... Seriously, I don't know why people who clearly dislike the Naruto formula and story style watch these things and then whine about it being EXACTLY WHAT NARUTO IS. That aside...

Master_M2K said:
XcoolzX said:

Yeah that ending song was hilarious, couldn't stop laughing XD.

As for the movie, I was expecting an incredibly generic Naruto movie like the last 2 but I was really surprised by how great this one was. Sure it does have the same formula as all the other movies, like the Rasengan ending (this time it was a Spirit Bomb) but that can be forgiven with such an enjoyable movie. ^_^

lol, I was thinking the exact same thing. If he started saying Kamehameha I was GTFO.

This was definitely the best Naruto movie yet. The action seemed to be a little tighter. Sure, Lee's abilities might've been nerfed a little, and we didn't get to see drunken-fifth-gate Lee enough, but it was still entertaining (though the villians became pretty lame once they lost chakra... although I guess that IS their life force). I was getting worried that it was going to turn into some magical girl/mystic angel crap, but then Naurto shows up and Rasengan's everything to hell (go figure). Naruto DID seem to be dumber than what we've expected from Shippuuden, but it is a Naruto movie after all. The one thing I really did like was setting up the crush angle with the priestess. I thought that might've developed into something more than it did, although Naruto did de facto agree to be a father... In any case, this was an enjoyable watch; better animation, directing and story than the other movies.
May 2, 2008 1:26 AM
Oct 2007
Lol, I knew that just by watching one movie, and just doing little research about others. And yeah I'm not going to watch another Naruto Shippu movie one is enough just like with Naruto Movies one was enough everything else was pretty much the same but with cameos of different characters. Blinded by faith that there's going to be some awesome change I had to watch this movie. So don't worry.

This movie definitely doesn't deserve 'Disliked it' from casual Naruto viewer, as me.
May 5, 2008 7:53 AM

Mar 2008
XcoolzX said:

lol yes kakashi and lee's expressions were priceless.
definitely the funniest/best bit in the whole movie lol
May 5, 2008 10:29 AM

Jul 2007
Honestly, the Naruto movies are by far the worst anime movies i have seen.
May 8, 2008 10:52 AM

Apr 2008
Her tits were weird. Only movie I've seen. Seen the Bleach one, which had much better character development for the new character, also it had a better ProtagonistxGirlWithPowers relationship. Though the action scenes, I will admit were very nice to look at.
wtfyourface said:
MistaCloudStrife said:
From 100-1000, how much do you love LWL?
OVER 9000!!!
May 9, 2008 11:46 AM

Feb 2008
Well that was just good. I love the pun-up in the ending! Nyahahaha! :3

I'll do whatever it takes, eh?!

I just want in Naruto Movies is make the story of the next movie relevant to the previous ones! It looks like the movie before just didn't happened and the characters are just there.

Also; how can the RAIKIRI affect the STONE army? HA! Lightning affecting the stone? Is it some kind of false element? XD

9/10 btw.
May 15, 2008 4:13 AM

May 2007
Just a quick comment here... I wonder if he knows what he agreed to at the end :P

[ Cartoons are for kids? Thats a hate crime! ]
May 26, 2008 1:03 AM

Jan 2008
Taylor said:
Just a quick comment here... I wonder if he knows what he agreed to at the end :P

Oh I wonder to that statement :) He's the biggest idiot to have ever been created. And some of us love him for that idiocy to make us feel better about ourselves.

A little late response to the release, but to be honest, that ending made it all worthwhile for me. Like the typical Naruto shows and movies, everything is predictable, but to typical Naruto fans, its still as enjoyable as ever. The intro scene of the movie also threw me off as well. I'm sure it has been stated before in this thread, but a Naruto movie without Naruto? No lies, I would watch it to see how much of a difference it would make. Graphically, I noticed the CG of the stone armies and abilities the characters used in the movie were much more detailed than were seen in the regular show. Very nice.

The only disappointment I had were how easily the stone army and Mouryou were defeated towards the end along with the 3 remaining assassins. Granted the allotted length of the movie, more in-depth fight scenes would've been nice.

Overall, two thumbs up for another fantastic Naruto movie and awaiting more to come! Never cease to be the moron you are, Naruto.

May 31, 2008 5:41 PM

Oct 2007
The best Naruto Movie yet I think. Lee had the best fights I think, which was nice, but all of the battle sequences were pretty good I think, though they could've maybe been a bit longer.

It was pretty typical of Naruto in a lot of ways, but overall I thought it was pretty good. It gets 8/10 from me.

Jun 3, 2008 5:58 AM

Sep 2007
Ryoujin said:
Didn't you think it was weird the relation of Naruto and Shion? From nowhere they went to hate to old friends (well, not old friends, but the ice totally broke from Shion's side), and they didn't really have any significant event that would make that happen; it also wasn't like the first movie that he spent a lot of time with the princess and she eventually opened.

100% agreed -.- It's just the same old "You annoy me to death Naruto - Oooh, Naruto, I like you so much, please don't die!!" ...
Besides, I wonder if Naruto will ever be able to beat the bad guy with something other than Rasengan ôo"
Well, at least it had a few entertaining parts in it, so it gets a 5/10 from me.
Jun 11, 2008 10:02 AM

Jul 2007
Pretty good for Naruto movie, but these movies really need more comedy. :/
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» Naruto Shippuuden Movie 1 raw is release online

XcoolzX - Apr 26, 2008

5 by lakshika »»
Nov 29, 2014 12:04 AM

» What is this about??

farazs_1 - Apr 12, 2008

1 by Yokurama »»
Apr 29, 2008 3:51 AM

» Trailer

Crystal - May 12, 2007

36 by Yokurama »»
Apr 29, 2008 3:49 AM

» NARUTO Shippuuden

manu_DL - Feb 14, 2008

1 by kei-clone »»
Feb 14, 2008 9:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.