Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Apr 25, 2008 2:28 PM

Aug 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Err..yeah. That was an ok episode and all but I still don't understand what the real plot is...

So Haru can "dive" into the network and thus he changes into his younger self?..
KinetaNov 25, 2012 9:58 AM
Apr 25, 2008 3:59 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
I am still a bit confused too but I really liked this episode and the energetic girl(s). :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 25, 2008 5:03 PM

Jan 2007
Enjoyed this episode. It was exciting to watch them stop whatever that was.
Apr 25, 2008 5:05 PM

Aug 2007
I'm having second thoughts about this series now... It seems they recycled a lot of animation from the previous episode, still don't have any obvious plot that gives the story substance (not yet anyway), and I don't know...

Kind of irks me that the main character is old and feeble and the all the girls are chunkier than Campbell Soup, but... I guess I'll give it one or two more episodes before I decide to drop it. Seems sort of boring. Nice animation, but very boring so far in terms of plot.
Apr 25, 2008 7:03 PM

Apr 2008
I guess it is some different type of story. It will take a while until it is fully explored and gets a clean plotline. I like such stories, which reveal the real thing behind it in the last chapters.
Apr 25, 2008 8:11 PM

Jan 2008
I'm in. This is going to be good scifi, I can tell.
Apr 25, 2008 10:42 PM

Nov 2007
this is going really slow. did they really need to rehash the morning scene.

i was really bored during this epi at times. i found myself getting my attention drawn to commercials that were on my friends tv.

i didnt like the fact how all of a sudden he was able to dive again and was young.

does it not bother anyone that all the girls look really similar to each other. it drives me insane, i dont know how much more i can take of it. if the story doesn't go anywhere in a couple of epi's then im dropping it.
Apr 26, 2008 12:24 AM

Feb 2008
Didn't enjoy this episode as much as the previous one, but this one was still good.
Wonder what the real plot of this anime is.
Also, what's with all the panty shots?
Apr 26, 2008 4:09 AM
Jun 2007
This was insanity! I loved it. The only downside was the looping animation when they were talking. But they make up for it in scenes like the roller-blading.

Apr 26, 2008 5:37 AM

Aug 2007
I doubt it will become totally apparent what is exactly going on for a few eps yet.Alot of things seem to happen without explination until later on in shirows work, take Ghost Hound for example.

The whole flashback to childhood thing wasn't really my cup of tea, but its early days yet and I guess its just a bit of character development.

So Haru can "dive" into the network and thus he changes into his younger self?..

When he dives into the network, I assume, he has a cyberbody and you wouldntr choose the body of an old man. I guess it works like the cyberspace in GitS SAC where things are manipulated "physically for total imeresion rather than a outside imput from a terminal. This type of interactive interface would be much more intuative.

Apr 26, 2008 8:06 AM

Sep 2007
Yeah it was confusing...but still pretty nice :D

I love the ending <3

Apr 26, 2008 8:47 AM

Feb 2008
that was nicely done. i see where they are going with this. the story will probably not be linear but instead they will do piece by peice with some random elements in each episode. probably. so far it doesnt seem like they are going to reveal the true plot right away.

as far as him looking younger...think The Matrix. this his "residual self image" if you will. if you can convert your concious self into data, you can make it into any form you wish since data can be meld and transformed to whatever limits the system in which it is contained alows.

i also like the animation and the character models. they seem somewhat down to earth. i dont get an artificial feel to them as some other "fan service" based anime seem.
Apr 26, 2008 1:31 PM

Dec 2007
well i still dont get the story of this, i bet they will explain it on ep 3,
anyway those girls look fat lol

Sumeragi Kururu - Pledge Queen of Tool Toul To

Apr 26, 2008 3:35 PM

Jul 2007
I'm in the same boat as everyone else in that I don't understand what the plot of this series is at all. But I also feel like it WILL slowly be revealed and eventually we'll understand everything.

The series is engaging enough to keep me interested so I'm not going to drop just because it's a bit confusing (GitS confused me at first as well). I'm actually really curious to see how all of this came about, and what everything means.

Overall I like the animation, except for the character designs they use for women and girls. WTF? Does every woman have to be so chunky and round-faced? It kind of annoys me how completely opposite they've drawn men and women. =/
<---made of awesome!
Apr 26, 2008 6:58 PM
Jun 2007
Susan said:
I'm in the same boat as everyone else in that I don't understand what the plot of this series is at all. But I also feel like it WILL slowly be revealed and eventually we'll understand everything.

There is a difference between plot and story. I understand your point though. What they are doing right now is exposition.

Apr 26, 2008 8:36 PM

Jan 2008
The location of the anime is awesome, a nice tropical feel to it somewhat.. Oh and I love the background music <3.

Though the 'chubby' girl design doesn't appeal to me.

我爱你

Apr 27, 2008 9:21 AM

Jan 2008
I second what lichard said... whats up with everybody being wider than normal?
Apr 27, 2008 11:29 AM

Oct 2007
I liked it, but am pretty confused as to what the plot is really supposed to be...

I also don't like the girl designs either, with how chunky they are >.>

Apr 28, 2008 12:31 PM

Mar 2008
Well, jap. girls are not so tall, so that design could be more realistic than the generic ones, though I admit it's kind of disturbing.

It's no wonder that this is an 26 ep anime, if they do s.t. like this rather pointless first half. I don't mind the slow pace, though.

The plot setting is refreshing and interesting.
I don't really get, why ppl are searching for a story/plot. It's there and we will get the bigger picture soon enough.

Animation quality is nice, too.

I will gladly continue this, since it's s.t. different finally (banzai!).
Apr 29, 2008 3:32 AM

Apr 2008
I'm really enjoying this show. Sure, it's a bit confusing so far but it feels like the writers know well what they are doing and that it'll all become clear in a while. The world they're creating and its network seem really interesting and I can't wait to learn more about the characters too. (At the same time, the pacing doesn't bother me. It takes the time it needs...)

And oh no, the characters are chubbier than your average fanboy bait, run for your lifes! <.< Some variety wouldn't hurt but I like the design quite a bit too.
Apr 29, 2008 4:16 AM
Aug 2007
>>brass2themax

What were the bits of recycled animation? I didn't notice anything, but then I wasn't paying much attention.

I have big problems with this series myself, despite being profoundly interested by the premise and the fact that IG is doing it. The way the series is edited together feels choppy and incohesive, which does no favours to the already confusing plot. Secondly, the characterisation thus far feels simplistic and even insincere. I shall give it a bit longer but thus far it is shaping up to be a big dissapointment.
Apr 29, 2008 4:53 AM
Jun 2007
Washi said:
>>brass2themax

What were the bits of recycled animation? I didn't notice anything, but then I wasn't paying much attention.

I have big problems with this series myself, despite being profoundly interested by the premise and the fact that IG is doing it. The way the series is edited together feels choppy and incohesive, which does no favours to the already confusing plot. Secondly, the characterisation thus far feels simplistic and even insincere. I shall give it a bit longer but thus far it is shaping up to be a big dissapointment.

You're like a reflection of my former self. It's almost kind of creepy.

Apr 29, 2008 9:07 AM

Jan 2007
This series is intriguing, but not the sort of thing that's immediately gripping, either. Moving way too slow and the tension feels forced - getting power back on asap was an immediate concern because...? Oh yeah, because there's a hospital. Way to not say anything about all the old people forced off life support until it's been off for like an hour...

I do like the character designs, though all the panty shots are getting dull.
Apr 29, 2008 4:41 PM

Nov 2007
the character design is annoying, suddenly making all the girls in the world fat is "original"

also the music bothers me so much. It sounds like 60s sci-fi, which doesn't suit this at all :(
Apr 29, 2008 6:10 PM

Jan 2008
Lymsleia said:
And oh no, the characters are chubbier than your average fanboy bait, run for your lifes! <.< Some variety wouldn't hurt but I like the design quite a bit too.

You Rock!
Apr 30, 2008 2:37 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
datsunvic said:
Lymsleia said:

You Rock!

Indeed!

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
May 3, 2008 11:03 PM

Jun 2007
crazy_eights said:
i didnt like the fact how all of a sudden he was able to dive again and was young.

The first ep he was diving in real water and this ep he was diving into the net using his cyber brain.

I understand a tiny bit about whats going on but still find my self confused about these "storms". Heres what I've gathered so far. In the past, they created a thought network where people can share thoughts and data with other humans. The people at the start of the series are trying to figure out why human intuition or other unforeseeable mind things affect the network. Thats why they strapped some meta shit to that guys head to monitor his diving and his thoughts. Something goes wrong and messes up their network which we saw in the past.

Now in the future the young diver awakes from a coma to find out he's aged and has a cyber brain. The cyber brain is so he can dive into the digital network of thoughts. I'm assuming his is different since he can traverse from the first network to the new more secure network. The bubbles of things we see floating around when he dives are other peoples thoughts encapsulated in a protective bubble. If you know anything about computers, think of it as a packet.

I'm guessing the storms are peoples thoughts overflowing or something. I'm guessing the bubbles sometimes pop causing all the info to leak out and flood other peoples cyber brains like a Denial of Service attack (aka. DoS).

This is all just what I've gathered. It could be completely wrong though. I love the show but I find the girls to be to leg chubby. Sure, its fine to have some chubby people but why do they all have to be :(.
May 4, 2008 8:36 PM
Feb 2008
*Dropped*

OK, according to what I've seen, it's a good show, but not my cup of tea. The plot line so far is ok-ish but it didn't show me anything I liked.

Final Verdict: Seems like a really good sci-fi, but it's not my cup of tea, so I'll be dropping it...
May 5, 2008 6:20 PM
Feb 2008
Very very..., strange. I really don't know what to make of this show. I've gotten used to the chunky girls but the plot, still slow and taking its sweet time to move anywhere I'm a little more apprehensive of. Animation is wonderful though, although a point about the music: it sucks.

More time on this one will hopefully reward.

May 8, 2008 10:45 PM

Dec 2007
After watching the second episode, I'm still confusing, but I enjoyed it, at least.
May 11, 2008 3:09 PM
Dec 2007
Yeah, seems like a great scifi anime, pure Masamune Shirow so far with Prod IG animation, I'm waiting for something great (being fan of Shirow-san for 12 years, I can't really hate one of his series, can I ? ;)). Still the design bothers me a bit, I hope there's some good explanation for all those female characters having big bottoms ! Maybe fat girls are considered beautiful in the future, according to the authors, that's why there are a lot ?

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.
May 12, 2008 8:00 PM

Apr 2007
I like how the girls are somewhat realistically portrayed in terms of size.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the technology they use in their world! :D

May 30, 2008 12:27 PM

Feb 2008
Somehow I was bored....
Jun 1, 2008 4:03 AM

Apr 2007
lichard said:
The location of the anime is awesome, a nice tropical feel to it somewhat.. Oh and I love the background music <3.

Though the 'chubby' girl design doesn't appeal to me.

My thoughts, also, Australia yay XD.

Rollerblading scene was awesome aswell. Anyways, good ep overall.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jun 7, 2008 2:15 AM

Jan 2008
Lol, Australia! w00t!

I still don't really get what is going on...no explanation to what caused the blackout. Also, what's with the fanservice? I kind of got the feeling that this would be a more serious anime.

It' was an ok episode..
Jun 16, 2008 9:15 PM

Feb 2008
Looks like they went to all that trouble to feature fanservice in vain, lol; nobody likes the girls. I do like that they are more realistically portrayed, but this is a visual medium. If producers are expecting viewers to stare at their images for 8+ hours, then they know that they have to attract the viewer's eye and keep it, generally with images pleasing to the eye. At the moment, the draw to this anime is the premise, technology, and art, more so with the scenery and male character than the girls. I'm not seeing the purpose of the main girl though. In fact, she's shrill to the point of irritating.

All in all, this episode was useless and we didn't learn anything that required 20 minutes. I think I may watch one or two more episodes to see if any plot develops. Otherwise, I'm not willing to watch a series *hoping* for a plot. What's the point of 26 eps if a third of them are useless?
Jun 19, 2008 1:54 AM
Oct 2007
faaaaaaaaaaaat
Jun 22, 2008 11:42 AM

Apr 2008
new_user said:

All in all, this episode was useless and we didn't learn anything that required 20 minutes. I think I may watch one or two more episodes to see if any plot develops. Otherwise, I'm not willing to watch a series *hoping* for a plot. What's the point of 26 eps if a third of them are useless?

Gods forbid an anime be episodic.
Jul 28, 2008 1:50 PM

Apr 2007
Confusing and boring are the first things to come to mind when looking back at this episode. Washi sums up my troubles with it so far much better.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Sep 28, 2008 1:44 PM

May 2008
I don't mind the chubbier girl designs we got here, but come on, it's not realistic.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Oct 12, 2008 2:04 PM

Mar 2008
Agani, nice episode. Again, i can't tell what's the story.
Nov 29, 2008 7:33 AM

Jan 2008
Freakin' schoolgirls. Ruin every anime they appear in.
"I'm starting to think mal is run by Xinil generating electricity on a bicycle." - idklol
Sep 27, 2009 4:36 PM
Jul 2009
confusing and kind of.. boringg.
Feb 10, 2014 2:31 AM

Aug 2013
Aaaaand...I'm still confused.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness."

"May those who defy their fate be granted glory."
May 5, 2014 12:05 PM

Aug 2013
Kayro said:
Didn't enjoy this episode as much as the previous one, but this one was still good

this
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jun 5, 2014 9:13 AM

May 2012
Pretty nice episode once more, quite interesting but I really wonder where they'll head with the story of this anime.
Dec 15, 2014 1:12 AM

Feb 2013
The shifts in time are too blunt when considering this is a weekly television series. This would be basically incomprehensible if I were to have watched it with a week gap. The fanservice, while tame, is also getting distracting as its a bit too common. The pacing is going too fast as well, or it's handling too many story elements, making a simple event feel more complicated to understand (being turning back on the power). I can barely understand the basics of the technology of this world yet or what happened to the main character, so this is definitely a bunch of issues I'd hope gets fixed soon. This series felt quite unique at the beginning, but it's getting a bit too illogical sci-fi for its own good at the moment (unless it makes sense of it all more).
Aug 10, 2017 11:38 PM

Nov 2009
I kinda wanted somebody to help me understand why turning on a single wind power station would be enough to power up the whole island, when the main power substation was blown up. Maybe it was enough to power up the controls and make things right?

But even 9 years ago, MAL was all about complaining about fanservice and pacing.
Sep 4, 2018 9:47 AM

Apr 2014
I really can't get into a show that spends more time showing off how big a girls ass is, and how much they can make her skirt flap up and down, rather than explaining what could be a good plot.

The first two episodes have been chaotic and have gone no where. I'm dropping it.
Aug 26, 2021 9:48 PM

May 2020
Didn't imagine there would be so many people complaining about thicc anime girls but here we are. The only problem I have with the character design for the women are the legs. Even the thinner ones have thicc legs.

Also, I seriously hope they explain what the Meta-Real is. Getting lost here.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » RD Sennou Chousashitsu Episode 22 Discussion

datsunvic - Nov 5, 2008

9 by AshRayKay »»
Feb 28, 7:00 PM

Poll: » RD Sennou Chousashitsu Episode 15 Discussion

cyruz - Oct 8, 2008

13 by AshRayKay »»
Dec 20, 2023 7:21 PM

Poll: » RD Sennou Chousashitsu Episode 7 Discussion

Darkreaper70 - Jun 11, 2008

20 by AshRayKay »»
Nov 30, 2023 7:23 PM

Poll: » RD Sennou Chousashitsu Episode 5 Discussion

cyruz - May 27, 2008

29 by AshRayKay »»
Nov 24, 2023 7:16 PM

Poll: » RD Sennou Chousashitsu Episode 26 Discussion

deletethiscrap - Nov 4, 2008

39 by St0rmblade »»
Jul 7, 2023 5:02 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.