Forum Settings
Forums
New
Jun 23, 2007 11:04 PM

Jun 2007
I've never done it before so.. >_>
Jun 23, 2007 11:21 PM

Apr 2007
Some media players like VLC and Media Player Classic have the option to take screenshots built into the program. For VLC it's under Video->Snapshot. On Media Player Classic it's under File->Save Image. Personally I use Media Player Classic and it takes screenshots just fine.

On the occasions I use Windows Media Player to play something I take screenshots using a program called FRAPS for that.

...even a saint needs a soldier to do the dirty work.
Jun 23, 2007 11:26 PM

Jun 2007
ohhh I have mpc and I never knew that.

thankies
Jun 24, 2007 12:27 AM

May 2007
ctr + i, in windows media player will take screenshot.
Jun 24, 2007 3:49 AM

Jun 2007
well, there's a little button that says "PrtScn" on my keyboard...I simply press it like so *press* go to paint, paste, save, put it on a imagehosting site, and presto:

haha, yeah I'm a moron. xD

Jun 24, 2007 8:16 AM

May 2007
I haven't used a windows computer in a while, but I seem to remember printscreen not working for media player--it would take a screenshot, but the area inside media player would show up as a black box. It might not do that anymore, though. That was a long time ago.

For mac users--printscreen is a b*tch to use x_X shift+apple+3, and it drops it as a file on your desktop.
Jun 24, 2007 8:18 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
exile_dude said:
well, there's a little button that says "PrtScn" on my keyboard...I simply press it like so *press* go to paint, paste, save, put it on a imagehosting site, and presto:

That's not an anime screenshot though. And as Scrum already said, using the print button doesn't help with Media Player Classic. So the way donut described it is the best.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Jun 24, 2007 11:55 AM

Jun 2007
cyruz said:
exile_dude said:

That's not an anime screenshot though. And as Scrum already said, using the print button doesn't help with Media Player Classic. So the way donut described it is the best.

I know, I was just showing how I did it, and for a while it worked...but now it just won't cooperate with me. D8

Jun 24, 2007 2:51 PM

Jun 2007
im using vlc >.< its the easiest way to snapshoot imo
it sends image direct to my pictures folder. mpc is rather annoying with this save file menu popup
Jun 24, 2007 3:38 PM

May 2007
I use Media Player Classic, just hit f4 xD
Aug 3, 2007 1:11 PM

Jul 2007
I know I'm resurrecting this, but I thought I'd say that if you want to take a screencap in WMP then you need to turn overlay off (think that's what it is called). Then you can use printscr like normal.

Hope that helps someone!
Aug 3, 2007 4:47 PM

Jul 2007
I always used VirtualDubMod for screens. It might be a little bit of overkill for simply getting a screenshot, but with VDM you can move through the video frame by frame, so you can make sure you can get exactly the right snapshot instead of trying to get lucky with the pause button.You can also select a range of frames to rip in VDM allowing you to rip the 10, 20 or maybe 100+ frames to make an animated gif.

Plus with a little modifcation, you can get VDM to work with almost any file type (including things like Real media).
Aug 3, 2007 8:46 PM

Aug 2007
I see little point in getting big fancy programs when you can use man's best friend: The 'Prt Scr' button
Aug 4, 2007 9:28 AM

Mar 2007
Novacaine said:
I see little point in getting big fancy programs when you can use man's best friend: The 'Prt Scr' button

This does not work with players, n00b.
~Shade and sweet water~
Group Lead of Otenba -- Quality Check Lead of Static-Subs
Aug 4, 2007 10:22 AM

Mar 2007
Sumiregawa-kun said:
Novacaine said:

This does not work with players, n00b.

Actually I think this works with windows 98, I remember it working for me on my computer that had windows 98 installed.
Aug 4, 2007 10:47 AM

Jul 2007
Sobzob right, you can usually tweek the media player so that print screen works (And doesn't just give that black image). For example if you are using Windows Media Player simply turn off overlays and go fullscreen, print screen will capture the frame in the video that you can paste somewhere else.

But to address Novacaine's point of a big fancy program for the simple process of getting a screenshot, I just want to say that I didn't download "ScreenGrabber Pro 2.0 Delux Edition" that only has the sole purpose of capturing a frame. I downloaded VDM for other useful things (encoding, grabbing audio, video and subs, etc), and it is a bonus that it is exceptionally good at getting screenshots.

If you rely on simply print screen, it can sometimes be hard to capture the exact frame you want when it is going 24 frames/second or so, it becomes very tedious if you are trying to get more than one picture, and you will have to open up another program to paste the screenshot into before you can save it. Not to mention the need to crop all the junk out of the screenshot that you don't need.
Aug 5, 2007 3:50 AM

Jul 2007
I used VLC and Zoomplayer, but now i use KMPlayer only, though in the beginning it's setup feels a little confusing.

More topics from this board

» Share an ai anime pic

NowOldCow - Dec 6, 2023

19 by loligoth666 »»
13 minutes ago

» Show us your latest sketch or drawing v.2 ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Feb 21, 2017

1629 by loligoth666 »»
47 minutes ago

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

28 by Ex-Aid »»
10 hours ago

» Made An Anime Youtube Video thoughts?

panque - Yesterday

1 by TheMechaManiac »»
Yesterday, 11:43 AM

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

361 by panque »»
Yesterday, 8:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.