3 out of 5: It was OK

20 25.64%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

3 3.85%
1 out of 5: Hated it

3 3.85%
Voters: 78

Apr 24, 2008 3:09 PM

THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
haha she gave him a knee in the balls lol

Jun 6, 2008 2:35 AM

getting slightly bored with this.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Jul 17, 2008 2:41 PM
Did anyone else find it annoying when the show kept going back to what Chidori is doing? It was so unnecessary and stupid. This episode just made me mad for its stupidity.

Sep 15, 2008 7:14 PM

intense episode

Sep 28, 2008 7:49 AM

What was Kana-chan doing in this one?=/

Sep 28, 2008 6:08 PM

Digigirl said:
Did anyone else find it annoying when the show kept going back to what Chidori is doing? It was so unnecessary and stupid. This episode just made me mad for its stupidity.

Yeah, they kept on building up the tension and at the last moment they show her with her popsickle and whatnot, totally destroyed the mood (but at least this eps has greater entertainment value than the previous one).
Unfortunately Kurz is not on this mission with Sousuke.

Oct 5, 2008 12:13 PM

These squad members are scumbags. :/

Oct 29, 2008 2:09 PM

so so...

Nov 8, 2008 1:32 AM

i think those scenes kaname was in complimented the battle scenes well =/
that aside, this ep gave me the goosebumps xD

Nov 25, 2008 7:41 AM

puedjies said:
Digigirl said:

Yeah, they kept on building up the tension and at the last moment they show her with her popsickle and whatnot, totally destroyed the mood (but at least this eps has greater entertainment value than the previous one).

I totally disagree with you two. I think it fits in perfectly, but that's just what I think...

PS: I still think of the A-team at the preview ~
~de Arimasu

Dec 12, 2008 4:15 PM

Wyvr said:
puedjies said:
Digigirl said:

I totally disagree with you two. I think it fits in perfectly, but that's just what I think...

I find that Chidori is getting more and more emo. If your crush didnt appear during a school trip to the beach will you start emoing? Plz lar... its not like you wont see him for eternity

May 3, 2009 6:04 AM

i just wish he'd have let them die! stupid stupid!... you deserved that bill. haha....

Jun 5, 2009 4:08 PM

Intense action came back.

Also, some of Sousuke's team members could have been a bit more friendly but it was understood that they were jealous of him.

Jun 11, 2009 4:43 PM

I love how stereotypically American the team members were. They kept saying words in English, and one of them even had a cowboy hat. That, combined with some pretty cool AS action made this an interesting episode.

Jun 30, 2009 4:47 PM
This was a definite step up from the previous episodes (pointless filler form the past two episode) and the story is becoming more serious which is nice. I have to agree that the team was horribly cliched and just overall a bad stereotype. I'm also finding it hard to believe that there are two more episodes in this arc... seems a bit long for this type of arc.
Dead Account
Please Delete

Oct 29, 2009 12:28 PM

I actually enjoyed the fillers more than this episode. It was all really predictable. I mean, come on, we know you are proud and wont listen(understandable). Then they charge in and some get wasted, and the bad guy doesn't die after the single move from the protagonist. So NOTHING has changed. It took a whole episode to show this new red guy who probably is one of Sousuke's old friends.

Nov 25, 2009 3:24 AM

I liked how they had scenes of Chidori cutting in and out of the episode. As far as the rest of the episode, I agree with Osaka and Annihilation. This episode was predictable, but I sure as hell didn't enjoy the fillers more than this. At least it sort of makes sense. And, it also provides some backstory for Sousuke.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Apr 19, 2010 4:55 AM

Oct 17, 2010 2:00 PM

Predictable doesn't always mean bad though. That's kind of the point, isn't it? You know they're going to get their asses handed to them, and that there's nothing the protagonist can do about it, so you feel his sense of frustration. Then the switching back to Chidori was also interesting, because it showed her being frustrated in her own way. It was an interesting juxtaposition to see him in the midst of an extremely tense situation, and her in the midst of an extremely serene situation, yet them both having the same sorts of feelings. Maybe it's just me, but I really liked this episode.
“I can't stand pretty opinions!”

Dec 18, 2010 5:06 PM

Obviously if Bill was instructed to work with Souske on this operation he would have done so but this anime is non-realistic anyway. Perhaps in the future the military no longer operates under a chain of command.

Despite the obvious I thought it was okay and enjoyed the flashes to Kaname on the beach.
Such junk...

Feb 1, 2011 3:48 AM

=/
Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.~

Mar 1, 2011 12:33 AM

Wyvr said:

Dude, yes! I'm watching the dub and the narrator at the beginning even sounds like the guy who narrates the intro to the A-Team.

Apr 3, 2011 2:02 PM

I actually thought the scenes with Kaname in juxtaposed with the rest of the episode nicely. I'm guessing the pilot in that red AS was the guy in the flashback who helped Sousuke. Also, I just realised that Gundam 00 completely rips off FMP when it comes to the main character and middle east connotations.

Apr 13, 2011 5:20 AM

Digigirl said:

I kinda of agree, but I really liked the "bang" part.

Anyway, this episode was okay, some douchebags thinking they know what they do (too frequent), they get their ass kicked and the hero jumps in to save the say. But some good mecha action, I think next episode will be better.

Jun 2, 2011 9:06 AM

I find it stupid that 'so called' trained soldiers just acts like morons, I mean after all they are elite soldiers they should at least have some common sense.

Jun 2, 2011 9:25 AM

ss94 said:
I find it stupid that 'so called' trained soldiers just acts like morons, I mean after all they are elite soldiers they should at least have some common sense.

Don't kid yourself, to join the military means to throw away things such as "common sense."
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia

Oct 21, 2011 6:17 AM

Veethorn said:
Digigirl said:

I kinda of agree, but I really liked the "bang" part.

Anyway, this episode was okay, some douchebags thinking they know what they do (too frequent), they get their ass kicked and the hero jumps in to save the say. But some good mecha action, I think next episode will be better.

All of this. QFT.

Nov 20, 2011 12:25 PM

Osaka117 said:
I love how stereotypically American the team members were. They kept saying words in English, and one of them even had a cowboy hat. That, combined with some pretty cool AS action made this an interesting episode.

Batiste or whatever his name was could've been french, or a french immigrant or descended from those. The 2nd in command, Gray(?) had a german name i think, so the same thing about her.
But, anyway. Which other nation would have troops totally ignoring Sagara?
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Dec 26, 2011 9:17 PM

Well that was bound to happen...

Digigirl said:

yeah they were kinda unnecessary (guess she plays a huge role later on)

Apr 27, 2012 12:51 PM

As usual this show managed to take a simple idea (the squad Sousuke joins resents and mistrusts him) and makes it as obnoxious as possible.

I laughed when Grace said her nickname was "Gray" because it's such a blatantly Japanese-style nickname (first two syllables of "Gu-rei-su"). It's just not bothering to try to put any thought into the multinational cast. Even her hair being gray doesn't make up for it because it makes no sense; she seems quite young.

This was true before, but I find it really annoying how this show will mix "real robot" sci-fi, with the robots operating in clearly military units with military-style planning, with super-robot elements like robots jumping around like magical ninja and using their spirits as a weapon. I find they don't blend well at all.
Modified by Fronzel, Apr 27, 2012 12:58 PM

Oct 9, 2012 2:17 PM
originanime

If only they weren't so stubborn.

Feb 20, 2013 6:14 PM

It was an alright episode. And geez...this show sure knows how to make annoying characters.

Mar 8, 2013 4:13 PM

I didn't really get it at the end.

I think we need more explanation into the lambda driver and this black magic stuff.
"We're nothing more than fools and whores with sad highs"

Apr 11, 2013 1:54 AM

Things are getting more serious.
Seems like it's out of filer.

Dec 27, 2013 11:24 AM

After the last episode the pace and actual interest sure has lowered, what's happening to this good series? I sure hope it won't stay this way because it sucks...

Nov 17, 2016 7:02 PM
really after that big battle all this bad guy got was a scar. Come on. Also I knew some of these idiots would end up getting killed. Also like others said the cutting to the girl was a bit clunky.

Dec 1, 2016 8:25 AM

So, the bad guy from the first arc's still alive. Too bad the group Sousuke got assigned to to kill him was full of douchebags...and Gray. She was cool. Hope she lives. The enemy in the red mech is pretty clearly the guy who helped Sousuke in his flashback. All those random cutaways to Kaname standing on the beach during the action...why? XD

Apr 30, 2017 7:28 AM

Thats what you get for not listening to a person that's been in combat with the enemy and obviously has way more knowledge ...

Jun 9, 2017 7:36 AM

Few previous episode.. "Gauron is dead"
Yeah sure xD

Nice to see someone died because of his own stupidity
I need Sousuke's smug face at the end of episode.. maybe? xD
"Signature removed"

Jul 25, 2017 4:47 PM
sugarplumfairy said:
getting slightly bored with this.

Yeah the script, the direction, and editing makes this series really boring and predictable.

How funny that the horrible soldier, Sasuke, has failed to kill that guy twice now. All he seems to be good at is submitting to orders. He has no brain and no particular other skill except being able to survive. It would be nice if he died.

Oct 4, 2017 9:49 PM
yes, die you idiots.

Mar 14, 2018 4:10 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Way better episode than previous ones, they can actualy make it a believable mecha with good drama, despite the poor animation at diverse parts.

That lambda driver at the end with the missile was pretty crazy though.

May 8, 2018 1:54 PM
This series was probably more original and groundbreaking in 2002. It’s showing its age somewhat, but never mind, I like it anyway.

May 25, 2018 11:41 PM

Meh...it's back to the main storyline, but theye're just repeating what has gone before. The same mega-bad-guy is back and it's the MC's job to fight him...again.

The American soldiers were obviously going to be the red shirts of the episode (except the girl, of course).

Basically, the episode was one long battle scene with a nothing new.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.